Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

This is so funny, mf redacted his own whistle blowing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

This is lazy even for SNL

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

smoobles posted:

lmao Matt Taibbi is a loving idiot

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Now now, it might just be a trip past the moon

This would be the funniest scenario.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
All I know about those moon assholes is that Steve Aoki once did a poo poo Sonic the Hedgehog concert

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Teratrain posted:

All I know about those moon assholes is that Steve Aoki once did a poo poo Sonic the Hedgehog concert

[nods] he'll be allowed to live

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

smoobles posted:

What was in those? More stuff the EU will be happy to use in their case?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Someome with clout respond to elon about "left wing sabateurs" inside twitter deleting part of taibbis posts about the twitter files and demand he fire them and reinstate the posts in the name of free speech. Leon skums an idiot so he'll do it.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Just say Taibbi IS the left wing saboteur guilty of hiding his own evidence

Even if Elon himself made him delete the tweets he'd fire him to save face and reply with "Concerning! Done."

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
So far the only thing these Twitter Files have proven is what a terrible medium Twitter is for long form writing. There is quite literally no way I am reading a 70 post tweet thread about nothing, written by someone trying to pretend they're still a journalist.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
That's a bit reductive.

The first twitter files also leaked stolen nudes and failed to redact the name of one random employee who immediately became the target of death threats.

The second twitter files revealed that Elon had given access to layers upon layers of unrelated privileged information to a group of hacks and TERFs.

We've only gotten to the "zero new information" part; at least wait until it turns out Elon committed actual crimes in the process.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The implication

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/schwarz/status/1601386103843729408

someusername
Jan 26, 2015

haha I forgot the Ron Jeremy cameo. that aged badly. no longer my role model

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
"insane 'journalist'* doxxes competent people through platform overrun by insane overzealous nazis that may actively want to be incited towards targets" is really the story here, I am sure that's getting lots of coverage? Seems bad

* journalists without real platforms get asterixis

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The guy in the top right, TOP, is from the Korean boy band Big Bang.

I know this because one of his team members is currently in jail for running a night club where he and his mates would drug women and then rape and torture them.

Just the best loving candidates, lol.

i mean to be fair the rest of the band wasn’t implicated, which doesn’t sound like much except a whole bunch of other big kpop idols/celebs were caught with the guy. a lot of people disappeared overnight from that industry when it all came out, that guy included, because it was a pretty big deal.

still l m a o at sending a kpop idol on a test flight. if elon kills that guy, i am pretty sure he will never have a moments rest from the insane fans.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
This thread: GDPR is toothless.
Also this thread: As god is my witness the k-pop fans will take him down.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

It's good that it has a flared base.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its cool that elon made hunters laptop 2 but even less relevant because its not like they can go after the people musk already fired

desperately hoping we see local candidates run on the platform of 'twitter was mean to me'

OmniCorp
Oct 30, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I went to a sushi bar for dinner and ended up doing shots with some internet marketing professionals. All of them hated Elon Musk. One guy said he'd made good money shorting Tesla et al.
This is what I’ve been hearing every time I’m at a conservative coffee shop. They whisper about what a bad job ellon is doing how he should reduce car deaths before he focuses on space casualties.

sad question
May 30, 2020

They're just making sure employees can't Sylvia Plath themselves after another hardcore coding sesh

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm not saying GDPR can personally bankrupt and jail Elon Musk, but it can absolutely gently caress up his poo poo. Like, if he keeps going "what is a europe, sounds woke" at the least twitter is probably going to go entirely offline in Europe, and it might even cost Tesla their ridiculous government deals in various countries.

Endorph posted:

desperately hoping we see local candidates run on the platform of 'twitter was mean to me'

laura loomer did that lmao

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I'm pretty sure he's cleared out all their project planning rooms (Aside from repurposing them as sleeping barracks of course), going by the digital whiteboards and mobile screens getting sold.

The rooms you absolutely want in an environment like Twitter for planning project scope, or even just debugging or pitching stuff as a group. Everything that's not "Shut up, sit at your desk, Write Lines Of Code" is probably getting tossed because Elon's a cool hip cost-cutter you see.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Boy will we all look stupid when this fire sale will save Twitter's finances for good.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

The Saddest Rhino posted:

[nods] he'll be allowed to live

You will regret these words

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Let's see who we have on this crew, and their qualifications for navigating and surviving in the unforgiving cold black void of space:

Yusaku Maezawa - billionaire who's been to space one time
Steve Aoki - DJ, never been to space before
TOP - rapper, never been to space before
Yemi A.D. - choreographer, never been to space before
Rhiannon Adam - photographer, never been to space before
Tim Dodd - photographer, never been to space before
Karim Iliya - photographer, never been to space before
Brendan Hall - photographer, never been to space before
Dev D. Joshi - TV actor, never been to space before
Kaitlyn Farrington - snowboarder, never been to space before
Miyu - dancer, never been to space before

what is the space experience on Colgy P, Chris Chris, Chris Del Chris, and Coolshirtman

Rotacixe posted:

There is no way SpaceX is going to human-rate something that hasn't even flown quickly enough. They'll live another year at least.

look man we've had Fyre Festival, the Fyre festival of: pizzathons, other music fests, lovely conventions, Russian warfare, World Cup 2022, and now it's high time we had one for space

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Dec 10, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Turning the conference rooms into bedrooms and then selling the kitchen equipment is just some deeply miserly poo poo.

I'm not so much thinking what the gently caress is wrong with this man but what the gently caress is wrong with anyone who works there seeing this and who hasn't just walked out and hired a lawyer, visa or no visa. These people are not low paid, he fired all the janitorial and kitchen staff already, just go home, see your family for Christmas and find another employer just jesus tittyfucking christ have some dignity.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Elon is the dumb kid who desperately wants to be part of the cool kids to the point where he will be their little servant and gurgle and nod what ever they tell him because he desperately thinks it will make him cool.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Elon is going to make people eat the square food

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

That's a bit reductive.

The first twitter files also leaked stolen nudes and failed to redact the name of one random employee who immediately became the target of death threats.

The second twitter files revealed that Elon had given access to layers upon layers of unrelated privileged information to a group of hacks and TERFs.

We've only gotten to the "zero new information" part; at least wait until it turns out Elon committed actual crimes in the process.

When Musk announced this I predicted that it would reveal the exact opposite of what he said it did and that it was likely to dig the hole deeper for his legal trouble. Now admittedly, that's not exactly Karnack the Magnificent levels of foresight, but I'm still pleased that I could read the situation exactly right.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
Transparency update:

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1601582028100894721

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Elon: "I'm assembling a team. A space team"

https://twitter.com/FightClubVideos/status/1598805769515716608?s=20&t=ofZ2jNa_-BFF3vXQLwjJ6Q

Elon: "this is the guy"

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Steve Aoki is into crypto and has access to a lot of drugs. Sort of a no-brainer.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he should have been a pitcher instead of a dj frankly

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I want to make money for ME ME ME even though I have billions already, don't YOU dare tell anyone else how I make it.

Also you can't have any.

-Musk

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

This is some powerful do as I say not as I do energy.

Leaks are fine as long as they forward Elmo’s agenda.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Mr Free Speech Absolutist wants to control which information is leaked and to whom

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

At least the kid was asking for the cake. Aoki broke somebody's neck stage-diving off a lighting rig and landing directly on them feet first.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

tuo posted:

Boy will we all look stupid when this fire sale will save Twitter's finances for good.

selling all of it would net what, maybe half a year's salary for one of their lowest paid employees?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Editttttttt