Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Elephant Ambush posted:

This isn't true at all. The discord ended up getting shut down because after Nathen made a more-transphobic-than-usual video bashing trans people, the mods completely took over the server and endlessly bashed Nathen for being a piece of poo poo religious bigot

Huh? These events aren’t mutually exclusive. Nathen absolutely did source his Nathfield drawings from his discord a while back and it was full of KF people. The discord takeover happened long after that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Frank Frank posted:

Huh? These events aren’t mutually exclusive. Nathen absolutely did source his Nathfield drawings from his discord a while back and it was full of KF people. The discord takeover happened long after that

I wasn't talking about the artists at all. I'm sure there were KF people there but they weren't the majority. Nobody was doxxing trans people or anything

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

This isn't true at all. The discord ended up getting shut down because after Nathen made a more-transphobic-than-usual video bashing trans people, the mods completely took over the server and endlessly bashed Nathen for being a piece of poo poo religious bigot

Lmao

I still think it's based on DarkSydePhil though

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I think people were bored too. Nathen doesn't actually generate that much content consistently, and it was just him repeatedly asking people to go forth like they were his minions and do things on social media.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

If I had to guess from these clips, he's writing it himself. Or at least has not hired a professional writer.

I am bothered by the lack of stylistic consistency between the drawings of Nathfield, Angel Gabby, and Bill Kramer.

I also think it's pure :psyduck: to include a character based on the angel Gabriel, which I'm guessing was chosen for no other reason other than it's public domain. It's too serious and specific to be funny. And from him, making the character nonbinary seems like pandering to inclusivity.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
on the one hand, Entergage Pictures incorporated in Ontario on 29 Nov of last year. just learning that makes me feel as though I owe someone five bucks.

on the other hand, there is a completely unrelated outfit called Entergage Pictures that afaict predates Nathen's entire thing:

https://vimeo.com/entergagevideos
https://m.youtube.com/@entergagevideos593/about

related:

https://www.backstage.com/casting/marry-nathen-mazri-finally-2483254/

unrelated:

Megaraptor
Dec 10, 2004

Life, uh...finds a way

All Roles: Not Paid

Additional: Prize: Marriage gift in cash.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

EEKA GEEK posted:

I also think it's pure :psyduck: to include a character based on the angel Gabriel, which I'm guessing was chosen for no other reason other than it's public domain. It's too serious and specific to be funny. And from him, making the character nonbinary seems like pandering to inclusivity.

Angel Gabby was created during one of Nathen's manic phases, and he was into some kind of fringey religious stuff

Nasty Old Randy
Sep 5, 2017

Im Nasty

Hes literally just making Tails Gets Trolled.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Huh so it's NATHfield not NAYTHfield

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Ah to be a fly on the wall when that happened. Good on the mods though.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Natty Field

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Not giving the guy proper respect, obviously meant to be formally said, like Sir Nath of the field, or some poo poo.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Strategic Tea posted:

Huh so it's NATHfield not NAYTHfield

This was my surprise too.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised since English is not his first language, but how he chooses to pronounce certain things (especially Egeez) really annoys the hell out of me.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Garfield Eats, but who's buying?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Escape From Noise posted:

Garfield Eats, but who's buying?

Jon Arbuckle? Wait where's Jon been through all this? Where the gently caress is Jon Nat, where the gently caress is Jon????

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Ahahahaha look at all you idiots thinking Nathen is pronounced like Nathan

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

How the hell did this happen just three months ago, I could have sworn it's been like a year or two

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Death by staple is not v metal, Nathen

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

not a bot posted:

How the hell did this happen just three months ago, I could have sworn it's been like a year or two

Time breaks down the more you're #entergaged

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Rugikiki posted:

Ahahahaha look at all you idiots thinking Nathen is pronounced like Nathan

Tbh I always thought Nathfield rhymed Nath with Wrath. Maybe the other way does make more sense phonetically, but I am thinking from the perspective of nothing he does ever making much of any sense.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I honestly think it is supposed to be pronounced Naythfield but he didn’t give any directions to the voice “talent” and didn’t care enough to fix it (since that probably would have meant paying for another take)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Wait does that mean Nathen pronounces his name “Nath-en” (rhymes with “math”). If so my mind is blown

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

david_a posted:

I honestly think it is supposed to be pronounced Naythfield but he didn’t give any directions to the voice “talent” and didn’t care enough to fix it (since that probably would have meant paying for another take)

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's this

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Frank Frank posted:

Wait does that mean Nathen pronounces his name “Nath-en” (rhymes with “math”). If so my mind is blown

No, I think the poster above you is right, Nathen didn't give instructions about how "Nathfield" is supposed to be pronounced, and the voice actors just gave it their best shot

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I don't recall him being called Nahthen in his twitch interview and I feel like that's something jarring enough that I would have remembered. Then again he pronounced my name "Sharknahdo" in discord so who the hell knows.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I'm still surprised he wasn't hit for defamation fraud regarding the A&W thing. Probably because nobody pays attention to him besides this thread.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
“I chewed on a stapler” is like okay clearly this guy isn’t of sound mind, we’ll just look bad for suing a mentally ill man into the poorhouse

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Jelly posted:

I'm still surprised he wasn't hit for defamation fraud regarding the A&W thing. Probably because nobody pays attention to him besides this thread.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that he actually did get a staple in his fast food and it would be crazy difficult to prove he committed either fraud or defamation.
Nathen being Nathen, he just blew it out of proportion like it was the worst thing that could ever happen to someone.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Jelly posted:

Someone would have to care what he says for A&W to actually be defamed.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Angel Gabby was created during one of Nathen's manic phases, and he was into some kind of fringey religious stuff
*is into some kind of fringey religious stuff

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
This might be a good time to tell you goons about this. I was going to make a romhack of a week of Garfield on NES and turn it into a week of GarfEats, replacing the Jon sprite with Nathen as well as a few other small edits (like turn the restaurant into the GarfieldEats restaurant and change the ending to be about the restaurant closing down)

Trouble is I'm lazy so I edited the Jon sprite and put it on the backburner. Then, around december of last year, Nathen started launching Garfeats NFTs so I decided to do a bit of trolling and see if I could sell these sprite edits to him to be turned into NFTs and see if he would even notice

I screenshotted a lot of my twitter conversation with him to send to my group chat for my friends to laugh at. They aren't especially interesting, though Nathen was incredibly frustrating to talk to. His weird way of typing made it really unclear what he wanted sometimes. long story short: I don't think he ever caught on that they were sprite edits. We workshopped his NFTs for quite a while but then he stopped responding to me as soon as the topic of payment for my work came up lmao

Chernobyl baby fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Dec 11, 2022

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

lol

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Chernobyl baby posted:

We workshopped his NFTs for quite a while but then he stopped responding to me as soon as the topic of payment for my work came up lmao

lol

necroid
May 14, 2009

Chernobyl baby posted:

he stopped responding to me as soon as the topic of payment for my work came up lmao

lol

proud of you

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Does Nathen think he's black or am I misreading that

Chernobyl baby
Jul 19, 2011
He called himself black several times and he also kept asking me to make the skin tone more Beige (he didn't know what a colour hex code is so he had me send like 3 screenshots with the colour slightly tweaked, since I couldn't figure out what he meant by more beige)

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Too much teeth on that nathen sprite. His mouth needs to be a cavernous void to be more genuine.

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

None More Beige

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Does Nathen think he's black or am I misreading that