Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Mister Speaker posted:

What exactly do you think TRT is?

Ummm ... Absolutely not the same thing as abusing steroids for cosmetic or physical performance reasons?

null_pointer fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 30, 2022

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Nobody said anything about abuse.

A lot more people than you'd expect are using.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Saw Dawn Wall, great doc. Thanks for the tip on the Reel Rock series, watched a few of those the other night.

also did some climbing inspired DALL-E prompts

You can't fool me those are real pigs.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Top roping with cops is filmed on location with the men and women of law enforcement.

Bad routes, bad routes, whatca gonna do

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Saw Dawn Wall, great doc. Thanks for the tip on the Reel Rock series, watched a few of those the other night.

also did some climbing inspired DALL-E prompts

smh pigs will do anything to avoid responding to an active shooter

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm watching Reel Rock 13, the full thing. Have to recommend the whole series based off of just this.

The uncut Adam Ondra reel with him doing pantomime climbing on the floor is absolutely worth the price of admission alone. It's crazy, he's so in tune to the wall he actually looks like he's climbing it

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Platystemon posted:

smh pigs will do anything to avoid responding to an active shooter

gently caress

:lol:

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

honda whisperer posted:

I'd never considered it before but it's true. The ONLY exception in my case is my mom. She hates that I'm into motorsports. Everyone else? What's the fastest you've ever gone is question 1.

Well. How fast? And what kind of vehicles/races?

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

honda whisperer posted:

I'd never considered it before but it's true. The ONLY exception in my case is my mom. She hates that I'm into motorsports. Everyone else? What's the fastest you've ever gone is question 1.

And how fast?

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

Well. How fast? And what kind of vehicles/races?

All time top speed was 160ish in a supercharged viper. I was riding shotgun, it was very stupid, I was young.

Now road racing is life. Most has been autocross and track days in Hondas. Autox tops out at 50-60 in a parking lot with cones, very safe. Track days... my first track day was mid Ohio and I hit the speed limiter in a 90 civic. 115mph iirc. It doesn't sound like a lot but it was a single cam non vtec so 100ish hp.

Me at an autocross in my car. Its gym bouldering for car nerds. Fun to do, low risk, looks lame.

https://youtu.be/PywtXvmfg50

Lots of rides in a 400hp evo 8. That thing, Jesus, it was the full send mobile.

I was in the passenger seat for this.

https://youtu.be/asNC2w2kjTk

I helped build and tune that thing. It was the owners only car, DD, had working ac, and normal seat belts.

Also a factory five challenge car. Think Shelby cobra but cheap and modern. It's a kit car.

2400lbs with driver, 340whp. That pic is current, taking it out in a week. I hope. It's a long story.

Thread here. It started as a civic race car build thread and now Ford stuff plus garage slice of life.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937480&pagenumber=15&perpage=40

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Is speed safer than speeding?

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Nope, it's stopping that's dangerous.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

honda whisperer posted:

Nope, it's stopping that's dangerous.

The speed or the speeding?

CurvyGoonWife
Jun 12, 2018
“Extreme skiing” seems like a bad idea. https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/09/29/hilaree-nelson-death-reaction/

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

quote:

The niche community of mountain climbers and extreme skiers struggled to process the death in Nepal

Really, they did?

I feel like for example, you struggle to process the death of someone hit by a stray bullet.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Really, they did?

I feel like for example, you struggle to process the death of someone hit by a stray bullet.

'We're sad but never really thought it could happen, coz that would mean acknowledging our own mortality'

Sucks she had young kids

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I just started watching Aftershock on Netflix and it is really great so far. Stunning photography and some really fascinating people. It's already really sad and the earthquake hasn't happened yet, drat

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Welp, I'm doing it. I'll be heading up to Everest base camp in April supporting a coworker's summit bid.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wear memorable shoes!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wear hulk Hogan meat shoes

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

The base camp memorial turd pile can be found down that path, go about 200 feet and make a right at "bunny slippers".

Anyone have an SA flag so I can do the victory pose thing?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Are you actually doing support work or is it “supporting” in that you’re there in the area hanging out and could identify the body?

Have fun!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Goatman flag on the summit, accept no substitutions.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Outrail posted:

Goatse flag on the summit, accept no substitutions.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you feel yourself freezing to death near the peak, do the needful and goatse the future climbers.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

goatman pose on the summit, a true test of everything the human body can endure. start training now, we believe in you

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
It would certainly be a new record, better than most everest-records

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
lhotse.cx

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
CNN trying to report without actually describing the act or showing any photos.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

I seem to remember that there was a thread a while ago (or a post in here) about doing the Annapurna circuit. Anyone have a link handy?

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

thread title pls

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

I seem to remember that there was a thread a while ago (or a post in here) about doing the Annapurna circuit. Anyone have a link handy?

Elwood did it, in the previous thread. His posts about it start here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762301&userid=19933#post465627822
Unfortunately all his imgur photos seem to be gone.

Aphex- also did it, and posted some stuff here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762301&userid=91681#post466315771
Those photos were on flickr and are also gone.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

thread title

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Outrail posted:

CNN trying to report without actually describing the act or showing any photos.

Tucker Carlson lasciviously describing the photos for two segments.