Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

Sign on that monitor:

Nothing legible abides here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
For sale:
Desk setup
Never used

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Does nobody else think that the never removed TV stickers give the thing a "take a picture for the upvotes and return this silly setup to the store" vibe?

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

CordlessPen posted:

Does nobody else think that the never removed TV stickers give the thing a "take a picture for the upvotes and return this silly setup to the store" vibe?

:yeah: post is a fishy vibe in general

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I think it looks cool, but actually sitting there and using it would probably be a nightmare as lighting changed. It also precludes a deskpad, which is about the biggest improvement any setup can havea.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

can't beat the og when it comes to TV as monitor

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

CordlessPen posted:

that’s a Reddit-amount of effort in bullshitting for a MacRumors thread tho

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

well why not posted:

It also precludes a deskpad, which is about the biggest improvement any setup can havea.

Are these worth it? I've never needed one, but I asked for one for Christmas, mainly because my kid is like one day away from damaging my desktop surface somehow.

edit: He sawed into my old one with a metal comb. :confuoot:

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Dec 5, 2022

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Are these worth it? I've never needed one, but I asked for one for Christmas, mainly because my kid is like one day away from damaging my desktop surface somehow.

edit: He sawed into my old one with a metal comb. :confuoot:

I'd rather have a $50 mouse and a $10 deskpad than a $100 mouse.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

I hate using a mouse without a deskpad / mousepad. Sign of a weak willed person.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Inner Light posted:

I hate using a mouse without a deskpad / mousepad. Sign of a weak willed person.

You're joking probably but when I see this it does speak to a lack of commitment to the task or something. I think most people who proudly proclaim to not need/want a Pad are the same people who are super proud about always putting their wallet in their front pocket or something.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

VelociBacon posted:

You're joking probably but when I see this it does speak to a lack of commitment to the task or something. I think most people who proudly proclaim to not need/want a Pad are the same people who are super proud about always putting their wallet in their front pocket or something.

They are the same people who don't care about changing the oil in their car, and then wonder why the exhaust comes out with chunks of metal in it.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

VelociBacon posted:

I think most people who proudly proclaim to not need/want a Pad are the same people who are super proud about always putting their wallet in their front pocket or something.

Is there... something wrong with putting your wallet in your front pocket?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I would never use a mouse without a mousepad; but I would also never put my wallet in my back pocket and I can’t for the life of me understand why people do. It’s the easiest place for a pickpocket to grab it without you realising (not that I live anywhere where that might be an issue); it’s the hardest pocket to reach comfortably, it’s more likely to create a silly unsightly bulge, it damages your credit cards, and you have to have a bloody wallet poking you in the rear end every time you sit down.

the only thing worse would be the deeply perverted individuals who keep their smartphone in their back pocket.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I've never had a nice desk until recently, and I'm usually pretty loving budget with my builds because I'm a dirty poor, so I just never had a mouse pad and never noticed a difference. It always seemed like more bulk that just collects skin flakes, semen, and sadness. My new desk is nice though, and my kid ruins everything, so thanks Santa for a $30-my-child-is-an-rear end in a top hat desk pad.

Edit: And why wouldn't you NOT want to keep your valuables in front of you where you can see it better? Brest/front pocket 4 lyfe.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 9, 2022

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Worrying about pickpockets like I worry about how I'm gonna pay the lamplighter.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

runawayturtles posted:

Is there... something wrong with putting your wallet in your front pocket?

The Lord Bude posted:

I would never use a mouse without a mousepad; but I would also never put my wallet in my back pocket and I can’t for the life of me understand why people do. It’s the easiest place for a pickpocket to grab it without you realising (not that I live anywhere where that might be an issue); it’s the hardest pocket to reach comfortably, it’s more likely to create a silly unsightly bulge, it damages your credit cards, and you have to have a bloody wallet poking you in the rear end every time you sit down.

the only thing worse would be the deeply perverted individuals who keep their smartphone in their back pocket.

You ever see a wallet chain go to the front? Exactly!

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

It’s really bad for your back too

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

VelociBacon posted:

You ever see a wallet chain go to the front? Exactly!

right so chaining my wallet up for even greater inconvenience is a better alternative to just putting it in a normal side pocket?

honestly in these times of Apple Pay being universally supported by banks and merchants and digital ID being a thing I don’t even carry a wallet 90% of the time, just my phone. My wallet certainly hasn’t had any actual cash in it for nearly a decade.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I love that the choice of pocket you put your wallet in is a dividing line in the... Post pictures of your computer box thread 👌

Three Olives, can we get an update on your screen please?

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

I was actually a front pocket wallet guy in my adolescence and young adulthood, but changed over sometime around university. Now I'm a back pocket wallet guy. It's very freeing to not have anything in your pockets as you sit down, so I take everything out instinctively anyway -- never have sat on it unintentionally. My EDC in most ranges of weather is keys right front, wallet right rear, phone left rear. My state does not have digital ID and a good ~20% or so of the small businesses in my metro are cash only, corner stores have card minimums etc. (it is against Visa/MC terms to have certain minimums for debit cards but many merchants here don't care and still have one)

Sorry back to the desks

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 10, 2022

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.
Things are getting way too heated in here. We must build peace between the back and front pocket groups, through the only method that works. Introducing a common enemy.

I put my wallet in the thigh pocket. In fact, this year I bought two pairs of specific model of cargo pants that has gone out of production because it has a pocket that is perfect size for my small wallet.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
“is that a wallet in your front pocket, or are you just really happy to see me?”

and from that day forward I swore that there would never be any confusion between my wallet and my dick ever again….

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Ok Comboomer posted:

“is that a wallet in your front pocket, or are you just really happy to see me?”

and from that day forward I swore that there would never be any confusion between my wallet and my dick ever again….

That's just my coin purse

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Front pocket + long wallet that doesn’t fold

Now you all have the correct solution, post some setups!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

God drat I hope this thread morphs into EDC load outs.

Bring brack the photoshopped goons.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
When you think about it: If you are working from home, then your desktop IS your every day carry.

I assume no one is wearing pants anymore. Good riddance.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
My 29" ultrawide in portrait mode is growing on me. Has been great for manuals/documentation as I poorly code.

Roumba posted:

When you think about it: If you are working from home, then your desktop IS your every day carry.

My every day carry:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hughmoris posted:

My 29" ultrawide in portrait mode is growing on me. Has been great for manuals/documentation as I poorly code.

My every day carry:

I had that carrying strap for my Antec SX1030 that I took to LAN parties in high school

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
My EDC is a printer.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Hughmoris posted:

My every day carry:

Ah the Enlight 7237. I had one of these, I googled to make sure I was getting the model number right but because I’m a huge nerd I did get it right.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Ah the Enlight 7237. I had one of these, I googled to make sure I was getting the model number right but because I’m a huge nerd I did get it right.

I had one too. I just remember the dumb lever on the bottom of the front panel that you had to pull to remove it so you could remove the side panels

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I had an Antec Lanboy that had a similar carrying strap.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

I had an Antec Lanboy that had a similar carrying strap.

Me too. I think I bought it specifically for that feature :lol:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lan parties were cool

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I 100% bought it for that feature. I was in the military and LAN parties were a way of life so having a light case with a carrying strap was a huge bonus.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Smythe posted:

lan parties were cool

The best of times the worst of times

Left my favorite jacket in a different country when I met up with my counterstrike team in ?2002 or something

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

:santahurr:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Hughmoris posted:

My every day carry:

the best non-LianLi case of all time. i had like three that i used for spare parts Slot A systems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Issues
Dec 16, 2004

lol

Looks great! Well done & Merry Christmas to you!

What are those little nanoleaf type lights called that you have there?