Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Happy Underpants posted:

There's lots of fancy dresses in game but they're all too over designed to be swishy. Give me more swishy dresses.

I think there's performance/physics/clipping issues with swishy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Probably causes spontaneous detonation in older smart phones.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Radical posted:

you can just skip right to the events now

they still have some actual prerequisites before you can even fastforward though

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Boat Stuck posted:

I think there's performance/physics/clipping issues with swishy

That's the entire reason why Childe can't plunge, officially it was because of cape physics.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this is also why the catalyst users have more elaborate cape physics, cause when they plunge they just turn into orbs

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If only they knew the game was going to be a mega-hit, they could've made sure the code was flexible enough for real flowing water, reflections and cloth physics!

Kale
May 14, 2010

Holy cow Wandermouches banner seems to be doing pretty well after a few days. I mean yeah but like...holy cow. Especially since his pairing is Itto who is on his 3rd run and I'm not sure where Faruzan rests popularity wise since shes brand new.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

She looks like Hatsune Miku.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I don't think this new dungeon event is very interesting, but it is cool because it allowed me to play as Cyno and figure out he's the coolest motherfucker in this game

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm mad they didn't give cyno Xingqiu or Yelan. This was their big chance to show casual players how good hyperbloom cyno is!

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

they still have some actual prerequisites before you can even fastforward though

what the heck

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Kale posted:

Holy cow Wandermouches banner seems to be doing pretty well after a few days. I mean yeah but like...holy cow. Especially since his pairing is Itto who is on his 3rd run and I'm not sure where Faruzan rests popularity wise since shes brand new.

To be fair after using him in the dungeon event the urge to for him massively spiked. Floating around firing off energy blasts like I’m in DBZ.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I've decided that even though he's my second-favourite male character in the game, I'd actually like Alhaitham to be weak and boring, please. If the reruns in 3.4 are going to be even two of Ayaka/Yelan/Hu Tao/Shenhe, my primogem reserves simply can't take the strain as it is. Thank you for your cooperation.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
To whoever recommended Zajef: I finally decided to watch one of his videos that popped up. He was talking about weapon infusions and mentioned he doesn't think any would be broken. Thinking about it for a few seconds, my initial take was that they'd be decent but not overpowering, EXCEPT for dendro, Just as the thought poppped into my head, he mention actually mentioned dendro as an outlier :woah:

So I will concede that he actually seems to know what he's talking about, and if you're gonna watch a youtuber he's probably a better choice than most. Still not gonna watch him though :colbert: (he's annoying (yes I know I'm annoying too)).

Edit: He said Shenhe has decent pull value :/
But he also mentioned burst Ayato as a positive, and I haven't really heard of anyone but me using Favonius/Severed Fate burst Ayato for AoE hydro app before...

Edit 2: Ok yeah, he's talking about how Ayaka's relative pull value has decreased over the last few patches due to the proliferations of more strong teams giving you more options for your "non national" abyss side. I give this dude... a 8/10

Edit Final: Venti and Raiden over Kokomi :///
But a cool idea about a unit with higher hydro gauge application that could extinguish burns and get to the dendro underneath in order to triggers blooms for a pyro trigger. It's true that we haven't gotten a DPS unit with hypercontrolled application like Melt Bennett and it'd be neat to see one. I give this dude, 9/10

Thank you for joining me for my live commentary of some youtube genshin tc dude. I swear I will never do this ever again, under penalty of ban (do we even do toxxing anymore?)

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 11, 2022

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Once I get Raiden, I'll make a video about how you just use her and Shinobu, run double Hyperbloom, and get an investment-to-payoff ratio that's like 50 times better than anything else in the game. I'll render all theorycrafters obsolete in a single stroke.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
is hyperbloom with dmc + collei even good enough to compete with raiden national?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm so good at theorycrafting that I don't even have to own the character to know the answer is "yes".

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
cus basically nobody was singing full EM memebuild raiden's praises for the first patch cycle of 3.0 before nahida released, was she still this OP in that team and they just missed it or what

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It was whisper that grew over time. People were still trying to make Fischl work for the longest time. Have rotations where Raiden never uses her burst seems wrong to most people

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

cus basically nobody was singing full EM memebuild raiden's praises for the first patch cycle of 3.0 before nahida released, was she still this OP in that team and they just missed it or what

Zajef was talking about EM Raiden in 3.0.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i think it'd be funny if baizhu has interactions with geo (bc he's in liyue) just so we can get a dendro unit that works good w/ geo even w/ no reaction

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Pshh, I was singing praises of EM Raiden over a year ago

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Zajef is on the extreme end of "Do not pull for 5 stars from a pure meta standpoint unless it's one of these 5 for a *brand* new account because he very much believes in the f2p side.

He also adds the caveat that the above does not matter if you like the character. Pull for who you want, if you hesitate, then look for him. He never recommends the weapon banner ever, and goes into deep math to show that even 3 star weapons are great alternatives for characters like Cyno.

Zajef also heavily considers player skill into consideration. He has a higher opinion on characters like Xiao or Cyno than most theorycrafters because the average person isn't maxing their rotation. He sees high value in characters that just are Easy To Use. He doesn't think highly of Ganyu as a new account puller, but also acknowledges that Ganyu speedruns your dailies like crazy.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Can DMC/Collei HyperRaiden compete with National?

Yes. Just rejiggered all my loadouts and even on (notorious energy miser) Primo Geovishap, my Clamkomi/EMRaiden/DMC/Collei team had enough energy and application to kill him in a smooth 1.5 rotation while being in no danger whatsoever, despite the fact that my Collei is only C1, 70/90, 1/6/8, with decent but not amazing artifacts. The biggest problem with this team is that dendro application is pretty meh unless the enemy stays in Collei's circle. Which a legit downside, seeing as how hoyo intentionally makes enemies that move around a lot (probably cause of Benny, despite the fact that you can take a lot of buffs out of his circle anyway :rolleyes:). It's actually slow enough that I don't think Raiden is a huge upgrade over C2 Shinobu here, but I'm not gonna go kill this goober again to make sure.

In comparison, Rational's application is mobile, and Raiden's infinite poise can allow you to power through any enemy attack and keep swinging. So even though HyperRaiden (goober version) CAN compete, I'd still give the point to Rational. Barbara/Shinobu/DMC/Collei is sure to be a F2P all-star, though!

Personally, I never made a huge effort to try this sort of thing in 3.0/3.1 because I assumed that Nahida would be such a huge upgrade that it wouldn't even be worth dealing with the 2 free dendros afterwards.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

ninjoatse.cx posted:

It was whisper that grew over time. People were still trying to make Fischl work for the longest time. Have rotations where Raiden never uses her burst seems wrong to most people

It's extremely loving wrong and I resent having to put that ugly dragonsbane back on her just to test this out.

TORN. TO OBLIVION :geno: *breaks her own neck*

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Are the NPCs in the inn that the game suggests you to duel at a higher Player Level just for fun, or are they supposed to be part of progression? Because they don't seem to drop anything if you beat them early.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Redmark posted:

Are the NPCs in the inn that the game suggests you to duel at a higher Player Level just for fun, or are they supposed to be part of progression? Because they don't seem to drop anything if you beat them early.

I think they're just benchmarks to test your decks against? I'd imagine they're like Level 9 opponents.

Speaking of the TCG, what good and fun decks does everyone have? I'm still running a boring old Diluc/Sac Sword/Crimson Witch/Ellin/Jade Chamber beatdown core and I'd actually like to use some of the elemental reaction mechanics in this game.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Speaking of the TCG, what good and fun decks does everyone have? I'm still running a boring old Diluc/Sac Sword/Crimson Witch/Ellin/Jade Chamber beatdown core and I'd actually like to use some of the elemental reaction mechanics in this game.
I really want to do something silly with Rhodeia, but I've tabled that for now while I work on other characters' Proficiency.

Somehow even Genius Invokation has friendship teams!

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
I think they just exist for practice or testing since they appear to have actual Decks.

I have mainly been just working toward unlocking stuff but Chongyun + Xingqiu is fun.

MadHat fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 11, 2022

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I’ve seen people saying Dendro is very strong in Genius Invokation TCG, so I want to unlock Collei next. Currently trying Claymores with a focus on pulling Wolf’s Gravestone because it seems strong.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I've been messing around with Fischl + double Anemo and spamming Gale Blade. I usually like playing disruptive bullshit and since there aren't counterspells or discard effects (I think) this is the next best thing.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Playing Keqing/Ayaka/Kaeya so just going in on superconduct and relying on the two big carries bursts to burn stuff down with aoe damage. Thinking of swapping out Kaeya for Ganyu but it does let me go heavy on swords now.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nyaawn posted:

who the heck wears thighhighs and pants at the same time

Sean Connery but it was more of a red nappy thing.

For context if needed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6gxNUn1eF0

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Remember the vision is good and the abyss is evil.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Finally.

Cecillia cardback :cheers:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Everett False posted:

I want to switch to keyboard and mousing, but every time I try it I look like a toddler learning to walk into a fire. :( Are there good ways to practice to help make this feel more intuitive? Taking my hands off wasd to hit 1-4 to swap chars feels Bad.

Assuming your mouse has at least one thumb button you could macro that as a key swap for WASD. It'd still take some getting used to. Outside of the radial menus being bad and stick drift making them worse, I definitely prefer controller.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Playing Rhodenia, Kaeya, comedy option 3 at the moment. Filling the screen with summons is fun but honestly takes a couple of turns to get going. Still then you can freeze everything solid l.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Lost 50/50 and the game chose to give me... Tighnari? Already had Yoimiya and Ganyu, so I have as many 5-star bow users as all my other 5-stars combined! Kind of a hassle, but if it means pulling Venti or Yelan in the near future I'm okay with that.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Is it just me, or is the Pyro Fatui challenge a massive jump in difficulty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

gandlethorpe posted:

Is it just me, or is the Pyro Fatui challenge a massive jump in difficulty?

The card one? It was a bit of a pain, but not much more than the two invitation challenges I did before it (because I wanted a barbara to deal with it, instead of relying on kaeya and fischl). Once I saw it had the pryo mage, I just went around doing other challenges until the game let me invite people to steal their soulsobtain their character cards.

MoonCrab posted:

Finally.

Cecillia cardback :cheers:

The only one I got was the dendrobrium, because that feels like the only resource I have a ton of and can easily get a ton more if I needed them. Looks nice, though. Speaking of cosmetic nonsense, I can't quite figure out what it is I've gotten for "character proficiency" rewards. It says it's a front for the character card, but I don't have any idea what that does, and as far as I can tell the only visual option for those cards is having a sweet animated one or not.

Card game definitely feels better to play with a mouse, once you figure out that you have to drag cards around (and spot the "yes, I really want to select/change this character" button). Which is kinda odd, because when you use a controller, there's always tooltips, rather than forcing you to mouse around with the stick gross to hit elements if you don't remember that triangle is probably the "yes, really" button. Being able to drag on unwanted dice is also really nice, although they're hard to read because of the stupid 'extra vivid color' thing i set in my graphic settings making all the dice into very vibrant globs of color. Minor price to pay in order to have a nice green map, though.

e. hosed up poor barbara freezes herself in the card game too. Why does mihoyo hate idols so much

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 11, 2022