Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Who has the worst blood?
Vaccinated person
Gay person
Tommy Lee

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/13/ban-gay-blood-donors-slow-policy-change-activists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

hmm yes, let me doom my baby by insisting on medical quackery as a hurdle to jump through. I am a good parent.

I know slippery slopes and all that, but those parents were an obstacle to the wellbeing of that child it seems like.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
seems pretty clear to me, "needs lifesaving care" + "parents delayed it by insisting only Pure Blood be used" = the parents are clearly not acting in the best interests of their child

gently caress em

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
They're claiming they had unvaccinated donors lined up but who knows if that's true.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

You act like you think you got less vaxxed blood than anybody else. But you ain't! I'm the one has it. Not you. Me!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
is it possible to tell the difference with out looking at vac history?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

PhazonLink posted:

is it possible to tell the difference with out looking at vac history?

I mean, maybe if there were some antibodies in there or something? I'm not quite 100% sure what specifically is in a blood transfusion.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I’m not sure titers for COVID antibodies could differentiate between a vaxxed person and a person with exposure to COVID. So , like, everybody in modern society pretty much.

Probably checks antibodies to the same protein the vax makes. Don’t know because I have never run one because, as I said, everyone has been exposed now and it would be pointless.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
As was immediately obvious, there is much much more to the story than that, and several of the words in that tweet are doing the work of Atlas.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Neito posted:

I'm not quite 100% sure what specifically is in a blood transfusion.

Blood, mostly

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans

Panfilo posted:

They're claiming they had unvaccinated donors lined up but who knows if that's true.

Cause hospitals routinely hook two people up Fury Road style to transfer blood between them. It's not like they need to run any tests or anything with complex machines that are no doubt just sitting around ERs.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Man, these guys really hate Britney Griner.

Also, holy poo poo, there is almost nothing worse than when these talk radio assholes try to buy funny.

I've heard a couple of segments (I think from the same host) where one bleeps out words from various democrats' speeches or interviews and the contestants try to guess the word. The callers are dumb as loving rocks and almost always get it wrong, usually by inserting a right wing talking point/word in place of what a 10 year old kid would know is the obvious answer. The hosts even give the first letter of the word away (like "f________") and they still get it wrong. Hilarity ensues. I wish I could recall an example.

The other bit was called Fake News or Real News and is exactly what it sounds like. The one I remember for that segment was "Democrats support Trump running for a seconds term after saying he wants to suspend the constitution" and it was swiped from the Babylon Bee to give you an idea of the humor here.

The hosts cackle and howl with laughter at the idiotic guesses like they're the funniest thing in the world and it offers all the wit and cleverness of the conservative drunk uncle at a Thanksgiving table. I can't emphasize enough how incredibly stupid and forced the contestant's answers are. It's like cramming square peg RWM buzzwords into the round holes of real quotes and every single answer is an easy lay up answer if you pay attention at all to how people speak and the context of the quote.

It's astonishingly bad. I'll try to dig up some examples but it's along the lines of "trying to insert the word 'laptop' into any answer" type of poo poo.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Wasn't the talking point the opposite when talks didn't work at first, how Biden couldn't bring home an American citizen unfairly imprisoned for political reasons? Weird how that did a 180 flip

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ihop posted:

Cause hospitals routinely hook two people up Fury Road style to transfer blood between them. It's not like they need to run any tests or anything with complex machines that are no doubt just sitting around ERs.

If you've seen any videos on how they do it, it's pretty much done the exact same way as you siphon petrol from a car with a garden hose.

If you've ever seen medical grade garden hose being sold at medical supply store, that's why.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

bobjr posted:

Wasn't the talking point the opposite when talks didn't work at first, how Biden couldn't bring home an American citizen unfairly imprisoned for political reasons? Weird how that did a 180 flip
They always have to complain about something

When Obama was President, they went after him for awhile complaining about how 'Obama wasn't doing enough to get Bo Bergdahl home'. Then when they made a trade with the Taliban, every story on Fox was about how he shouldn't gave agreed to release 5 Taliban prisoners in exchange for him.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i wonder if the birdposts where pre and post trade still exists. (for both that ancient Bo Bergdahl one, and the most recent Grinner trade)

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
What the gently caress is Wonkette? I have a friend who brings them up a lot in conversation and I have never looked at it until we where swapping articles this morning and I got to say the merchandise section is the most cursed thing I have ever scene.

https://wonkettebazaar.com/products/nancy-pelosi-ride-or-die-stickers

side_burned fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 10, 2022

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

side_burned posted:

What the gently caress is Wonkette? I have a friend who brings them up a lot in conversation and I have never looked at it until we where swapping articles this morning and I got to say the merchandise section is the most cursed thing I have ever scene.

It’s a Bush II-era politics website frozen in time, like if the West Wing were in its 24th season and referencing covid and trump. It’s like a liberal version of freep, or the simpsons.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

side_burned posted:

Read this in its entirety. You have now seen their entire vibe.

https://www.wonkette.com/lets-talk-about-juanita-broaddrick

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

BiggerBoat posted:

Man, these guys really hate Britney Griner.

She's black, gay, a woman, got locked up on drug charges,* and a Democratic administration did anything at all to get her out of jail. There's not a whole lotta boxes left on their Two Minute Hate checklist.

*yes I know the vape cartridges were almost certainly pretext.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

She's black, gay, a woman, got locked up on drug charges,* and a Democratic administration did anything at all to get her out of jail. There's not a whole lotta boxes left on their Two Minute Hate checklist.

*yes I know the vape cartridges were almost certainly pretext.

Add in "knelt during the anthem" or so I'm told

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

GD_American posted:

Read this in its entirety. You have now seen their entire vibe.

https://www.wonkette.com/lets-talk-about-juanita-broaddrick

That has some swerves I did not expect. Mostly the last-minute claim that is not developed at all, that the author doesn’t believe the epstein victim who says trump raped her.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

BiggerBoat posted:

Add in "knelt during the anthem" or so I'm told

Right, forgot that one. Hates America. Totally an honest way to describe her.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Hilarious montage looking back on RWM scaring people about early voting and mail in ballots in the wake of the mid terms where they're all trying to figure out how the gently caress they got beat so badly in that area and urging MAGA's to rethink it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUfQpHuxVbc

Gee, how the gently caress did we underperform so terribly with mail ins and early voting this time and god drat, our voters really need to wake up. For some reason, Republican voters all seemed to wait until election day to vote and it effected turn out in favor of the democrats? It's not like a lot of our base are elderly and struggle getting around. Or don't have a degree and work blue collar jobs that require 50 hour work weeks with long hours, working two jobs or poo poo like that.

What happened there?

But you know what we REALLY need? ONE DAY where everyone votes and gets the day off. And by "everyone", we mean salary earners, business owners and folks with a lot of PTO or flex hours at their jobs in areas with plenty of polling stations in red leaning districts. Maybe we can make it where they have to own property too. And voter ID of course. It's the only way to make it fair. Since everyone knows when we lose, it's simply not fair.

I've legit heard talk radio callers and hosts suggest that we all need to pass IQ tests or the quizzes they give to people seeking immigration in order to vote. Some of these ideas might backfire on them though and I think they know that so it's fun watching them wiggle around for a "solution" to the non existent problem of "someone losing an election".

I still..STILL...don't know what my voter registration card is for. I may have mentioned it already in this thread and know I have somewhere here but it drives me insane. We HAVE voter ID already. It's called this stupid loving card that I had to show my license, my utility bills verifying my address, my party affiliation and log my signature in order to get, straight from my state government office. No one has checked it in 15 or 20 loving years even when I present it. What's it FOR then? Do that, add a photo on it like the DMV does and bing bang boom. Voter ID card. Hell, you can get one at the DMV with the Motor Voter program in most states.

I forget if it was free or if I had to pay for it but that's the god damned Voter ID, isn't it? Taking up space in my wallet?

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 10, 2022

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/former-fox-guest-arrested_n_63942f02e4b0169d76d74b19

quote:

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — A former regular guest on Fox News stole at least $224,000 from her 88-year-old mother and unnecessarily put her in a nursing home twice against her will, including by once dragging her mom from her home, Florida authorities said Friday.

Cathy Areu, who provided a liberal perspective on several shows, faces numerous felony charges including kidnapping, exploitation of the elderly and organized scheme to defraud. Miami-Dade County prosecutors say she falsified documents to take control of her mother’s home, took money from her mother’s reverse mortgage and savings account, and took out credit cards in her mother’s name and then used them for her own benefit.

Former because "In 2020, she sued the network, Carlson, Sean Hannity and others, claiming sexual harassment, but a judge dismissed the suit the following year."
Heh, she's just an all around grifter and maniac and doesnt care who she screws over.
Right wing media thrives on the 'Bad press is better than no press' belief.
Thanks PT Barnum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP0WQTBKKBA

OgNar fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 10, 2022

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So she played a character that embodies the qualities fox news people think liberals have? She sounds completely unconvinced of everything she says in that clip, like she’s a c-lister on the debate team desperately trying to defend whatever position she’s been given.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/09/1141688083/fox-news-rupert-murdoch-lawsuit-dominion
https://twitter.com/davidfolkenflik/status/1601191783245164544

More fun from Dominion
"Starting Monday, the now 91-year-old media magnate will again have to face the music over a scandal at one of his most prized news organizations — this time, Fox News.

The company is seeking to find proof Lachlan Murdoch knew that the claims of election fraud in the 2020 presidential elections were false and that he encouraged or simply allowed them to be broadcast anyway on Fox News, his family's dominant profit engine.

Fox says it was covering an inherently newsworthy claim from inherently newsworthy sources — a sitting president and his campaign attorneys. The network contends the lawsuit is an affront to free speech."

"In fresh court filings Wednesday, Dominion's attorneys accused Fox of destroying evidence from some of its most important figures: Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott, top stars Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham, along with other stars, network executives and sources, presumably related to the claims of election fraud."

OgNar fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 10, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I AM GRANDO posted:

So she played a character that embodies the qualities fox news people think liberals have? She sounds completely unconvinced of everything she says in that clip, like she’s a c-lister on the debate team desperately trying to defend whatever position she’s been given.

Sounds like a reverse version of that time Mary Lynn Rajskub got invited to speak at a Heritage Foundation symposium on terrorism because neocons straight up thought she was Chloe O'Brien from :twentyfour: in real life.

Only, you know, minus the criminal fraud. And probably plus the self-awareness that Rajskub where she herself even said she just sat there awkwardly, unable to think of a convincing way to try and tell these people that they didn't seem to be able to discern fiction from reality.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

OgNar posted:

https://www.npr.org/2022/12/09/1141688083/fox-news-rupert-murdoch-lawsuit-dominion
https://twitter.com/davidfolkenflik/status/1601191783245164544

More fun from Dominion
"Starting Monday, the now 91-year-old media magnate will again have to face the music over a scandal at one of his most prized news organizations — this time, Fox News.

The company is seeking to find proof Lachlan Murdoch knew that the claims of election fraud in the 2020 presidential elections were false and that he encouraged or simply allowed them to be broadcast anyway on Fox News, his family's dominant profit engine.

Fox says it was covering an inherently newsworthy claim from inherently newsworthy sources — a sitting president and his campaign attorneys. The network contends the lawsuit is an affront to free speech."

"In fresh court filings Wednesday, Dominion's attorneys accused Fox of destroying evidence from some of its most important figures: Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott, top stars Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham, along with other stars, network executives and sources, presumably related to the claims of election fraud."
If that's true, Fox is very hosed

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the Murdoch son is also sueing a Australian news org/ webnews Crikey for their reporting on US voting issues, which is some pot/kettle glass house bullshit.

not sure what Australian legal culture is like, but I hope the Murdoch empire dies in all three countries.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I was incredibly surprised that O'Reilly had an actually intelligent and good take yesterday about the Griner prisoner exchange.

It was basically "Yeah the dude was evil as hell but he was in prison for a long time so it's not like he wasn't punished at all. And getting an American out of a Russian prison is always a good thing, and Putin wasn't going to give up the Marine because he knew releasing the black lesbian woman who kneeled for the anthem would piss off Republicans and make them madder at Biden. Besides Trump already tried to get that guy out and failed, so Biden definitely had no chance since the US doesn't have any power in the exchange."

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

side_burned posted:

Basically what Grando said (except for one thing I mention below) - it's a genuinely fascinating portal back to Bush-era liberal internet.

I AM GRANDO posted:

It’s a Bush II-era politics website frozen in time, like if the West Wing were in its 24th season and referencing covid and trump. It’s like a liberal version of freep, or the simpsons.

Mostly true, except I disagree with the West Wing comparison. Wonkette's sorta thing is "irreverent" liberal humor that uses casual speech and even (gasp!) cursing. The ideology is basically like you describe, but the "culture" is a specific sort of gen X/boomer liberal.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Twelve by Pies posted:

I was incredibly surprised that O'Reilly had an actually intelligent and good take yesterday about the Griner prisoner exchange.

Yeah O'Reilly isn't stupid, just a massive amoral rear end in a top hat.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

It was basically "Yeah the dude was evil as hell but he was in prison for a long time so it's not like he wasn't punished at all. And getting an American out of a Russian prison is always a good thing, and Putin wasn't going to give up the Marine because he knew releasing the black lesbian woman who kneeled for the anthem would piss off Republicans and make them madder at Biden. Besides Trump already tried to get that guy out and failed, so Biden definitely had no chance since the US doesn't have any power in the exchange."
He was right up to the part about Trump trying to get the other guy out

His family has said that Trump was not really making a real effort

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

dr_rat posted:

"Tide goes in, tide goes out, you can't explain that"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Youth Decay posted:

"Tide goes in, tide goes out, you can't explain that"

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

He was right up to the part about Trump trying to get the other guy out

His family has said that Trump was not really making a real effort

Yeah, RWM is trying to gaslight everyone into thinking Trump did anything at all the try and get Americans out of Russian prisons.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

dr_rat posted:

He certainly knows how to use a falafel.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
Everyone at my work is talking about how the Dems are going to take everyone's 401k and put it into paying off the national debt. Where does this come from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

slurm posted:

Everyone at my work is talking about how the Dems are going to take everyone's 401k and put it into paying off the national debt. Where does this come from?

A delusional site run by the pathetically insane, so Twitter probably.