Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Pretty sure it was intentionally phrased like that.

I know when they first added that in it really confused me and my mates about if that's exactly what they meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

FoneBone posted:

great job everyone, no notes!

is this the first celebrity orgy to become a mainstream film?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

tom brady is going to gently caress all of our grandmas

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mantis42 posted:

tom brady is going to gently caress all of our grandmas

He already hosed my whole fantasy football team.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think it's too early to count out Touchdown Tom

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm so sad that I suck so bad at video games that I can't play Kojima games because that nonsense seems right up my alley.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Have you tried Death Stranding? The gameplay isn't very challenging, purely in terms of skill.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Gripweed posted:

Have you tried Death Stranding? The gameplay isn't very challenging, purely in terms of skill.
I lasted about three hours before I tapped out, I just don't have the aptitude or the patience for anything more complicated than an FPS or the new God of War. Video games are all about kicking back and relaxing for me, I'm the dude who sets everything to the Just Give Me a Story difficulty level that's below Casual.

I wish the baseline for accessibility in video games was simply infinite life/infinite timer. It'd solve most problems in gaming for me (shoutout to Control and Hades' God Mode scaling is incredible!). I feel like I'm missing out on a huge portion of what gaming is today with the Stealths and the Survival Horrors and the Soulslike games and whatnot.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Big same. That's why I like point-and-click adventures. I never die, there's no timer, and they're super chill. An FPS is way too stressful for me and I get bored too quickly and frustrated when I die and/or lose any progress whatsoever.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I like to play boomer shooters while listening to audio books because doing something mindless helps me focus on listening to the book.

However it has the side-effect that when I think back to certain parts of certain books I don't only picture the events of the books but also what I was doing in the game at the same time.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

caligulamprey posted:

I lasted about three hours before I tapped out, I just don't have the aptitude or the patience for anything more complicated than an FPS or the new God of War. Video games are all about kicking back and relaxing for me, I'm the dude who sets everything to the Just Give Me a Story difficulty level that's below Casual.

I wish the baseline for accessibility in video games was simply infinite life/infinite timer. It'd solve most problems in gaming for me (shoutout to Control and Hades' God Mode scaling is incredible!). I feel like I'm missing out on a huge portion of what gaming is today with the Stealths and the Survival Horrors and the Soulslike games and whatnot.

I’m the same way. I will say that I didn’t do this with DS since I did it on console, but I play a fair number of PC Games and almost every one will have a cheat/trainer ready for it that’s pretty plug n play.

Also if you’re looking for “just give me a story” difficulty, I don’t think any of the Souls games will be for you since they’re built around how difficult they are, they do monitor for cheats (since it’s not truly solo I guess?) and the story is minimal. (This is from a guy who’s only tried a few of them but it’s the opposite of what I like to play and it sounds like it might be the same for you).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The thing with DS is that the gameplay is varied so it's not just like a hiking/mountaineering game that escalates in difficulty, there's also an unconventional stealth element with the BTs and lots of enemies and segments where you'll need 3rd-person shooter / brawler skills. Sometimes driving as well. And then there are the idiosyncrasies of the inventory, building, and social systems.

It definitely feels built by and for people with all-around videogame experience. (And the patience/time for exceptionally long cutscenes.)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/A24/status/1602664647911522305

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ideally, a poster should give you some sense of what the movie will be like. Not the plot necessarily,, but the tone and experience the filmmakers want the audience to have. You can be a bit looser if the movie is part an established series or IP, or is from a famous director, in that case the poster can get away with just being "here's another one". If the movie has big stars, then big pictures of their faces make sense, the poster says "come see this guy you like". At the very least, a movie poster should communicate that there is a movie.

I do not think that poster succeeds in that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gripweed posted:

I'm not falling for this bait! ;)

I think they did that with Midsommar and still so many people said 'oh it was totally different to what I was expecting' anyway.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gripweed posted:

Ideally, a poster should give you some sense of what the movie will be like. Not the plot necessarily,, but the tone and experience the filmmakers want the audience to have. You can be a bit looser if the movie is part an established series or IP, or is from a famous director, in that case the poster can get away with just being "here's another one". If the movie has big stars, then big pictures of their faces make sense, the poster says "come see this guy you like". At the very least, a movie poster should communicate that there is a movie.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

You are nuts, using Kamen Rider’s iconic scarf as a red string of fate between Hongo and Ruriko is a brilliant visual metaphor and, combined with their poses, suggests a lot about how the movie will depict their relationship.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Granted, it's something that comes across better to the intended Japanese audience that's more familiar with the original series.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gripweed posted:

You are nuts, using Kamen Rider’s iconic scarf as a red string of fate between Hongo and Ruriko is a brilliant visual metaphor and, combined with their poses, suggests a lot about how the movie will depict their relationship.

No idea what this means

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

MacheteZombie posted:

No idea what this means

i havent seen any kamen rider, but from what i read in that post, kamen rider has a red scarf, and the poster is using it and their poses to suggest a something about their relationship

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gripweed posted:

I don’t know what any of this is

Might as well be the weird kid in the sky

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Kamen Riders iconic red scarf!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Iconography aside, two characters dressed all in leather with one kneeling and leashed does set a tone.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mister Chief posted:

Kamen Riders iconic red scarf!

I mean it is iconic just not for the residents of an English message board

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

caligulamprey posted:

This is why I just play the Lego Games

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

OK, here's one you guys will be able to interpret. It's clearly about a really cool guy

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
They misspelled Ouija

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh I know what beetleborgs are

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

OG Kamen Rider is good poo poo.

It has some fantastic monster designs and like all 1979s Tokusatsu it uses clever kinetic camera work and creative editing to stretch its probably wafer thin budget as far as possible.

I mean it's no Kaiketsu Zubat (the best Tokusatsu) but it's good TV.

I mean it's a Monster of the week motorcycle superhero show. What's not to love?

:goonsay:

Also the old 90s Shin Kamen Rider tv movie is fun. The rider in that is basically a were-grasshopper and the transformation sequences are really gnarly.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Is that Cobra Commander?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Gripweed posted:

The poster says "From Ari Aster" and that's all it needs to say to succeed in getting me to watch it :shrug:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

King Vidiot posted:

The poster says "From Ari Aster" and that's all it needs to say to succeed in getting me to watch it :shrug:

OK fair point that does basically give the game away. There's gonna be loud evil background music as the camera zooms in to a poorly lit house.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

MacheteZombie posted:

No idea what this means

Kamen Rider, the dude kneeling, is a sub and the lady in the coat is his dom

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

FreudianSlippers posted:

I mean it's no Kaiketsu Zubat

Would you say it's the #2 tokusatsu in Japan?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1603451899335712768?t=sibV-VnoSxi02ZTxKhkXIw&s=19

Speaking of Death Stranding

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Something I created made the cover of Fangoria and my 12 year old self considers this a high-water mark for my career

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I mean, I'd honestly rather just watch a Death Stranding movie than play Death Stranding.

I loved the setting and the atmosphere but I bounced right off it after a few hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
You think they'll recast Reedus?