Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bots also have no idea what to do with Bar with No Name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What exactly is "Collector's Reserve" that people keep mentioning?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Orange chests that show up on the collection level track once you climb past getting all the Series 2 cards.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Continuing to tweak the Aero control shell while I wait to open up Wave or Magneto or some other key card for the meta decks. \

quote:

# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Juggernaut
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (5) Professor X
# (5) Captain Marvel
# (5) Aero
# (6) She-Hulk
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hlSHVsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTWF4aW11cyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnVnZ2VybmF1dCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTGl6YXJkIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQb2xhcmlzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXB0YWluTWFydmVsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYXJlZGV2aWwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFlcm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlJvZ3VlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb3NtbyJ9XX0=

Something I’ve learned while playing is that while “Tempo” in the traditional CCG sense doesn’t exist in this game, tempo shows up as managing priority order. And in control decks, you actually want to be ahead more often than not on the board. Because being ahead means that your effects go off before theirs and that matters a lot for shutting down Wong, Carnage, Odin, etc. This is quite different from control in, say, Hearthstone which spends most of the game behind and then exhausts the opponent and wins. Here, you want to be ahead and then definitively disrupt their big final turn.

This makes Shang-Chi a hard card to include, since it wants to come from behind (they need to reveal for you to destroy). But sometimes to get behind, the 3 power + destruction isn’t enough to win the lane.

It makes Killmonger a little bit tricky for the same reason. But there are enough proactive Killmonger plays that it’s fine.

Same challenge for Rogue which I am experimenting with. I don’t think she’s worth the 3/1. The big Ongoings come late so you need to be behind to steal them and then she’s not a big enough stat swing. Plus Cosmo exists which prevents her and you often are working on a lane with multiple Ongoing cards so then it’s a matter of luck. Lastly, many Ongoing abilities are synergies (who cares if you steal their Patriot if you don’t have and cards) or symmetrical like Armor. So I think I’m going back to Enchantress.

Maybe there are two kinds of control, slow control which depends on revealing second and fast control which depends on revealing ahead. Sera seems like a key card for slow control. Allowing you to suddenly drop a huge pile of utility and stats from behind.

I was trying a version of this deck without She Hulk, but being able to pull ahead on turn 4 by putting down 10 stats while preserving utility 3 drops has been really useful for seizing tempo. I am often skipping 1 and 3 but still able to reveal first on 5 and 6.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Strange interaction here that I guess is good to know but doesn't quite add up for me:

The power swings inflicted by Hazmat are Ongoing effects and can apparently be removed by Luke Cage's Ongoing (this make sense, your cards' power cannot be reduced) and inflicted back on your team if stolen by Rogue. Maybe it's the MTG brain in me thinking of these as -1 counters but it feels weird to have my entire team immune to the On Reveal during my Reveal phase, then immediately suffer it anyways after the Ongoing is stolen. I guess Hazmat's modifiers to cards exist on the board kind of like a location that says "-3 to cards played here"

Zodack fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 11, 2022

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

New Leaf posted:

What exactly is "Collector's Reserve" that people keep mentioning?

It's a reward you get as your CL advances past 1,000 that can contain new cards but usually contains currency or titles.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I do love when you can tell how a game went down based off a board state picture

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I feel like there's a totally different pool of players on weekends rather than weekdays. None of my decks work with anywhere near consistency on weekends and I get big timed often. My largest cube slides happen then.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Looks like the Rogue/Gambit bundle has been removed from the store.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

PJOmega posted:

Looks like the Rogue/Gambit bundle has been removed from the store.

Still there for me. I've seen a surprising amount of the avatars around too

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Got a fun variant from a reserve! :3:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

SmockJoc posted:

I tried Sandman of all things with this and it made for a fun round 4 - 5 - 6. Can I ask what your full deck is?

Yeah sure here’s what I try to play:

1. Sunspot on the right (or Nightcrawler or Uatu)
2. Lizard with Sunspot (or Scorpion at a location opponent has already played to make them keep investing there)
3. Storm with Sunspot
4. Warpath with Sunspot (or Jessica Jones)
5. ???
6. Profit! by playing Infinaut

Here’s my full deck right now - open to suggestions! The only time I lose is when I don’t draw Sunspot, Storm and Infinaut.

Sunspot
Nightcrawler
Uatu
Lizard
Scorpion
Armor
Angela
Storm
Mr Fantastic
Jessica Jones
Warhawk
Infinaut

I have Armor to protect Sunspot, but not many people seem to play Electra or Killmonger anymore. So open to swapping out Armor, Angela and Mr Fantastic.

I’ll have to look at Sandman I’m not sure what he does.

edit: goddamn just won three games in a row where the opponent snapped straight away at the start of turn 6. Would love to see the look on their face when I snap straight back.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 11, 2022

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I would probably swap out Uatu for something like Agent 13, and then Mr Fantastic for something else better

Warpath to me seems like a very limited use card since it's going to really limit your options of play.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
If you're running Warpath you really want to be running like, Klaw and/or Omega Red, stuff that will give you points without bodies.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would probably swap out Uatu for something like Agent 13, and then Mr Fantastic for something else better

Warpath to me seems like a very limited use card since it's going to really limit your options of play.

Mr Fantasitc is fine to good if you want to roll an ongoing deck.

Angela's a power player and a great utility card in a lot of decks. She's an easy 2/6 if you always fill the lane.

Definitely drop Uatu, he's just not worthwhile. I suggest Ant Man because I like Ant Man (another if you fill the lane, you're getting great value for 1 cost).

But if you're doing that, you already have a lot of ongoing and it would be worthwhile to also drop maybe Nightcrawler and add Spectrum. This would give you a pair of 6 drops in case one doesn't land in your hand so you're not dead dropping 5 hoping for the lucky Infinaut drop.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I dunno Warpath seems pretty awesome to me? I sometimes don’t even play cards in the other two locations until I’ve locked that first one down.

Sunspot - Lizard - Storm - then Warpath as they scramble to compete/nerf Lizard before it gets locked.

But yeah he’s not crucial.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
warpath is one of the cards that makes your opponent have to think a bit about whether or not you're bluffing, and i put a decent amount of stock into any card like that given how central the snap mechanic is

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

it’s hosed Up and Wrong that wong doesn’t make rogue steal two abilities

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

buffalo all day posted:

I hope they fix it; I feel like that's a nice good faith change without being OP or anything. I get the feeling her programming is just hacked together to copy the card text of whatever she steals from and she loses her original text in the process.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

im extremely not butthurt, and caremad, because I dropped Wong+rogue after sera turn 6 and thought I would get both blue marvel and Kazar but only got one, and so lost to a stupid ultron zoo deck, when I also had iron heart in my hand and would have easily won if i just dropped her instead

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

goferchan posted:

I hope they fix it; I feel like that's a nice good faith change without being OP or anything. I get the feeling her programming is just hacked together to copy the card text of whatever she steals from and she loses her original text in the process.

I think that's how Mystique works, too. If you observe Mystique on Bar Sinister, The remaining three Mystiques (after the battlecry activation) are treated as if they already had the copied Ongoing.

buffalo all day posted:

Did you mean: "hosed Up and Wong"?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
78 power on last turn, suck it Infinaut

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

cirus posted:

78 power on last turn, suck it Infinaut

Omega Red looks like he's cussin at you in Chinese :haw:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Quackles posted:

I think that's how Mystique works, too. If you observe Mystique on Bar Sinister, The remaining three Mystiques (after the battlecry activation) are treated as if they already had the copied Ongoing.

Did you mean: "hosed Up and Wong"?

I had that same disappointment with Mystique on Kamar Taj. She copied Patriot and I was hoping she'd double buff every one

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Surfer is really good and I don’t even have brood yet

Also he’s fun because there’s a bunch of different types of 3 cost cards so I can sorta mix up the deck, definitely keeps things fresher than the turn 6 kazoo play that was my other very effective deck

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Just after I buy Aero from the shop and popping Reserves to get Series 3 to single digits this fucker shows up. This game is mean. :mad:

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Are there good Death decks for climbing? This woman just hit my store.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

priznat posted:

Omega Red looks like he's cussin at you in Chinese :haw:

Lol

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
I don’t think my Valkyrie deck is very good (I lack cerebrospinal), but nobody knows how to play around it. So many overconfident snaps.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
These two decks feels really solid. This guy was in the mid 200's last season and just hit 100 today. So far the control-centric deck feels real comfortable.

https://twitter.com/KMBestMS/status/1601760072182665216

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I did it.

This is peak Infinaut - one card played on the first turn and the other on the last turn. There's no way I can beat this. I might have to change to a different deck now.

Of course the opponent snapped straight away on turn 6. It actually ended up pretty close - I can't remember how many times Ironheart triggered, but I was clenching for a second there.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Dec 11, 2022

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I got She-Hulk in the store, so I pinned her. But I only have 500 tokens left.

Better get comfortable, Jen :(

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

RevKrule posted:

I feel like there's a totally different pool of players on weekends rather than weekdays. None of my decks work with anywhere near consistency on weekends and I get big timed often. My largest cube slides happen then.

this is hell

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

obi_ant posted:

Are there good Death decks for climbing? This woman just hit my store.

As soon as I get her I’m going to be using her with the Galactus I splurged on.

Aside from that she’s just a complement to your destroy deck and good enough that I’ve seen people Moon Girl her for a big t6.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CapnAndy posted:

I got She-Hulk in the store, so I pinned her. But I only have 500 tokens left.

Better get comfortable, Jen :(

If you're not S3 complete, un-pin her. You'll need to open 100 boxes before you have enough tokens, unless you plan to buy the Sunspot bundle in a couple of weeks.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Sometimes X-mansion just decides the game for you.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Red Rox posted:

I did it.

This is peak Infinaut - one card played on the first turn and the other on the last turn. There's no way I can beat this. I might have to change to a different deck now.

Of course the opponent snapped straight away on turn 6. It actually ended up pretty close - I can't remember how many times Ironheart triggered, but I was clenching for a second there.

It should've triggered 4 times I believe? (16 with Mystique, 64 with the location or something crazy high??), and 6 times total including the initial play with Wong. Did they Star Lord and Always Makes you Draw a Rock before the Ironheart? I think they were unlucky if they did, and had no chance to win if they didn't lol

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

I AM CALLING ZE SNAPS MIT ULTRON IN MY HAND BUT I AM NOOT SNAPEENG UNT PRAYING TO ZE RNGEEZUS FOR ULTRON IF IT EEZ NOT IN MY HAND, JA?

Fired up a stream, instantly teleported back to watching him rope every turn while examining every little fiddly detail in Shamanstone mirror matches. Lifecoach is the best.

And called it:

Victor Vermis posted:

Is Daniel Negreanu playing this yet? Lifecoach?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Looked through this guy's Twitter and I don't have the cards for any of his decks, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

drat, Mysterio on the token shop for me now, but dammit, no, I am holding out for Death.

At least I got the pixel variant HellCow, that'll be amusing the next time I need to run my discard deck.