Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

dorium posted:

Now THAT was a theater experience. the crowd was explosive that night and it was just a big hoot and hollering fun time with a big crowd in that third act.

Me and some friends went opening night and it was a loving blast. My crowd got super into it too. Fun night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I saw Alien vs. Predator Requiem instead :negative:

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

esperantinc posted:

Me and some friends went opening night and it was a loving blast. My crowd got super into it too. Fun night.

I mean its kind of a genius formula for a theatrical release. Make a film with absolutely despicable child-murdering antagonists, and then let your grizzled Michael Meyers force of murder come in and turn them into blood mist.

It's weird as hell without a crowd though.

That last spider-man movie was especially guilty, they built in applause breaks I guess based on test reactions, or hubris? And apparently, they needed it, but without a crowd, it's comically awkward as poo poo.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I am thinking of buying one of those Sony 4k collections and splitting it with goons. I only want Orlando from the set so the rest are up for grabs. I'll admit I am mostly doing this because I read that Sony has a real bad track record with disc quality, and I want to make sure I am not buying a scratched or unplayable disk off some ebay rando. If I don't get any bites on this in the next few days and have at least half the set claimed I will probably not bother.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4019340

Thatoaklandkid
May 21, 2006

Cloks posted:

Here's the Will Menaker essay from Wolf of Wall Street

Bless

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

https://monkeesstore.warnermusic.com/en/warner-music-store/music/cddvd/the-monkees---complete-tv-series-blu-ray/603497882465.html

i guess they found/assembled more Monkees tv boxsets. act now or overpay on ebay like i did

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Now why you gotta post something like that which I really need. :mad:

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh it's so expensive but worth it

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

please.., don’t be like me

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

and it had a hosed-up outer box

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Batman: TAS at $30 on Amazon!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Grabbed Batman: TAS. I waited until you could get it without the dumb Funko Pops, then waited for a sale, which is now.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Guess I’m not getting my vinegar syndrome box this weekend because it’s a little wet outside today 😒

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I ordered some books back in early November and it took a while for them to ship. I started getting paranoid when I went back to my hometown for Thanksgiving and still didn’t have my package, because while my neighborhood is pretty unlikely for porch pirates there’s a good chance of weather causing problems. Turns out it got delivered on Black Friday and a decent snowstorm was hitting the Twin Cities. My plan to have someone grab my stuff and put it inside fell through so I made an impromptu trip 150 miles back, and dug the box out of a snowdrift. Thankfully there was no damage.

Not the first time something like this has happened either. The lesson here is to just ship anything that I’m not certain will show up within the week to my mom’s house where someone will for sure be around to grab it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Ooof I couldn’t imagine dealing with snowy areas and deliveries.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Ordered Crank and Highlander UHDs yesterday… got them yesterday. Highlander is a blind-buy but I know it’s ridiculous and has a dope Steelbook. Nice to get it a few days early!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I drunkenly ordered crank and kick-rear end UHD last night. Crank won’t show up until the 19th but kickass showed up on my doorstep the today lmao

The future owns

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Abyss 4K confirmed for *calculates for actual James Cameron ETA* July 2029!

https://twitter.com/billhuntbits/status/1601790169484390400?s=46&t=HeqpIswJ8Mr3Ki27Jgy6EQ

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
All you other non sub VS people are also still waiting right? I figure another 2 weeks or so and then maybe a shipping notice?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

https://twitter.com/billhuntbits/status/1601790169484390400?s=46&t=HeqpIswJ8Mr3Ki27Jgy6EQ

FINAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

zer0spunk posted:

All you other non sub VS people are also still waiting right? I figure another 2 weeks or so and then maybe a shipping notice?

I haven’t heard anything yet.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

zer0spunk posted:

I got a shipping notice yesterday, no-sub here :shrug:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'd laugh if it's only the inferior theatrical cut.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I just need my VS package by Christmas 'cause that's where I did my shopping for all my scumbag friends.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

Big Mean Jerk posted:

In 24fps? I heard he’s redoing all his old stuff in 48.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

SeductiveReasoning posted:

In 24fps? I heard he’s redoing all his old stuff in 48.

He uses some bizarre hybrid approach for Avatar 2 and the Avatar remaster. Basically, most scenes will be 24 fps, but action scenes and certain camera movements will be 48 fps.

I would assume his films will be left in 24 fps, unless he did some 3D conversation. Plus, I don't think the Blu-ray specs support 48 fps.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Cemetry Gator posted:

He uses some bizarre hybrid approach for Avatar 2 and the Avatar remaster. Basically, most scenes will be 24 fps, but action scenes and certain camera movements will be 48 fps.

I would assume his films will be left in 24 fps, unless he did some 3D conversation. Plus, I don't think the Blu-ray specs support 48 fps.

I don't know if most people's TVs would even know what to do with a 48fps signal.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

TheScott2K posted:

I don't know if most people's TVs would even know what to do with a 48fps signal.

Thinking about my old Sony Trinitron just popping up a blue screen with the old white blocky letters that says "STOP THAT!"

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Texas Chainsaw Massacre UHD coming in February. A bit odd to release it in the middle of the winter but hey I'll take it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

zer0spunk posted:

Special shout out to the rambo 3 for that end credit dick riding the future taliban, always makes me laugh

Rageaholic posted:

It reminded me of Rambo 3's ending and made me laugh.

Fun fact: it never happened! It was a photoshop that nobody ever questioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx4ey-EmLm4

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

TheScott2K posted:

Don’t some video games display faster than that? Or is 60 fps just about the processing?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Don’t some video games display faster than that? Or is 60 fps just about the processing?

Lots of modern monitors do. Most modern televisions support 120. Anything over 5 years old and it's extremely dicey.

Here's a Wiki entry about 24 frames per second, progressive scanned. It goes extensively into how that format is converted into 30fps (29.97fps). 48:60 is the same ratio so same goofiness, roughly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24p

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

EL BROMANCE posted:

Fun fact: it never happened! It was a photoshop that nobody ever questioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx4ey-EmLm4
:stare:

Well drat! It's been forever since I watched Rambo 3. I guess I'd just seen that image floating around the internet enough that I accepted it as reality.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Rambo 3’s greatest crime is how incredibly boring it is

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Rambo 3’s greatest crime is how incredibly boring it is

Yea I bought the UHD because of my completionist tendencies but when it comes down to it I tend to just watch the first two. Rambo 3 has some serious pacing issues.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I fell asleep during the 30 minute “Rambo proves he can play this tribe’s game better than they can” montage and then woke up during the prison break and turned it off.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

People always bring up the Taliban when talking about Rambo III but they didn’t come into existence until the early 90s when Pakistan’s ISI created them. They were a replacement for their previous Mujahideen proxy in Afghanistan who were too incompetent.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

1/3 orders delivered, but this was the big one. Very excited to start digging through these and make my partner watch Tammy and the T-Rex.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Good box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Gonna grab the Highlander UHD today. I'm expecting some classic super grainy 80's goodness.