Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

This Hurricane Katrina storyline has ruled, almost making up for the strip's mediocrity in the meantime. Kind of bummed to think this is probably the last high point though.

quote:

Retail

Marla really isn't allowed to take this approach when she spent like a week antihyping Cooper before he finally managed to ask Val out. There's any number of helpful things she could be doing instead- like figuring out if Val even wants to go to a Broadway show in the first place.

quote:

Popcom

I haven't been able to see the Popcom part of your post for several weeks now and I have no idea why. The only obvious difference is that these are jpgs and the other ones are pngs, but maybe they've always been like this.

Some Guy TT fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Dec 24, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Sep 5-6, 1992)

Big Nate

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D06KgM6dh0s

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

:china:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Those fools are just lucky Tillicum isn't here.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Can’t believe I’ve found something relatable in a Big Nate strip.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (January 07, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

BigglesSWE posted:

Ballart Street

Dick Tracy, eat your heart out.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1947

Alt

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

riderchop posted:

Heathcliff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2wKBYrDxew

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

Alt

The Family Circus

Alt

FoxTrot

Alt

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

My co-worker and her husband play Santa and Mrs. Claus every year in the town parade. As far as I can tell, they really enjoy it and that's why they keep doing it. But I guess not everyone sees family-friendly fun time as a wretched ritual that must be endured for the sake of keeping up appearances.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

i hate it, i hate it, i hate it.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth, featuring Totally Relatable Ted Forth.

Peanuts (December 14, 1975)

The Funky Winkerbean Farewell Tour, featuring a character who did not even remotely earn a Doc Brown moment like that.

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire and the Curse of Tangaroa!

Popeye (Randy on Sunday)

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySGtniX4QrU

EasyEW posted:

Popeye (Randy on Sunday)

:lol: pretty good

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Andertoons is so good.

Flash Gordon

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1980 comics

Locher Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Weirdly, no Sunday one's been posted on Arcamax yet.

Computoon: Origins

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

EasyEW posted:

The Funky Winkerbean Farewell Tour, featuring a character who did not even remotely earn a Doc Brown moment like that.

Free will is a myth. Religion is a joke! We are all pawns, controlled by something greater: Cancer!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pondus

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

lol twice Nan calls her by the wrong name and Zak doesn't even bother correcting her

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I look forward to this Mary Worth story being somehow even more disappointing than usual.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Haifisch posted:

Locher Tracy

What does that Crimestoppers even mean? :confused: Sure, it'd be a little odd for a swanky limo to be at a seedy motel, but what exactly is the value of reporting the license plate to the police? I mean, say they check and find that the limo belongs to the XYZ Limousine service. Okay. ...Now what? What actual crime are you trying to investigate here?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Crimestoppers is 99% "BE AFRAID" warnings aimed at the people who are already paranoid.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Powered Descent posted:

What does that Crimestoppers even mean? :confused: Sure, it'd be a little odd for a swanky limo to be at a seedy motel, but what exactly is the value of reporting the license plate to the police? I mean, say they check and find that the limo belongs to the XYZ Limousine service. Okay. ...Now what? What actual crime are you trying to investigate here?
Maybe it's Flattop's car. (I can't believe it!)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

EasyEW posted:

That was a confusingly written response to her question too. I don't know if it's because I've had a long day or what, but I had to read it a few times to get what he was telling her.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Been away for a few days, time to catch up:

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 12/8-10/02

Yeah, it's another Pastis reference.

Stephen Collins

I am fortunate enough to have pets that either don't care about the Christmas tree (cat) or regard it with only mild curiosity (dog).

Brenda Starr 12/26-28/49

Smokey Stover 9/9/51

Everyday Movies 11/13/35

"The reason you always wants to wash the dishes and leave me to dry them is so you can get done first and grab off the best chair in the house."

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Dec 25, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Sep 7-8, 1992)

Big Nate

Blind Alley

C#: VE-009A CONFIDENTIAL

Project
"Old Growth"
Final Report

:thunk:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

EasyEW posted:

If it was meant to happen you wouldn't have to do all those other things you messed with! What a loving idiotic thing to have this character say.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Potsticker posted:

If it was meant to happen you wouldn't have to do all those other things you messed with! What a loving idiotic thing to have this character say.

Well, he knew he had to do all those things and that she would figure it out on her own because he read it in her book.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

Those fools are just lucky Tillicum isn't here.

Is Tillicum even alive anymore? I don't know who's still being used and who's been killed off.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

riderchop posted:

Classic Arlo and Janis (January 07, 2001)

Hey, it's my experience on the forums with Cloudflare having a constant paranoid reaction to my Chinese IP address. A lot nicer than I'm making it sound, honest!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

don Jaime posted:

Is Tillicum even alive anymore? I don't know who's still being used and who's been killed off.

She married Boltar and since the king made piracy illegal they have nothing to do with their time except to produce some of the most badass babies ever conceived.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

It's subtle, but I like how Val's reaction to Marla's seeming to imply that she's a virgin is just mild surprise. Usually, the gag is exaggerated horror. It occurs to me that this is why I like Val more than Marla in general. Val's reactions and punchlines tend to be a lot more understated. It's not a big issue right now but, well, let's just say there's a reason why Retail had a reputation for being insufferable in previous threads.

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

A+ use of an outdated reference in a story where the recurring conflict is about Iris being old.

Some Guy TT fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Dec 12, 2022

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

But enough of Dustin saving a kid's life; let's get back to mocking how bad a son he is for falling asleep at work.

-The cartoonist, probably.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

"Next time!" thinks Ed, as he twists his rear view mirror...