Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

if hunter Biden’s laptop hadn’t been wearing a mask, then ben gahzi wouldn’t have 9/11’d Hillary’s server towers. That’s just a fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

They are so loving desperate to have something to glom onto. Literally no one but their small little faux outrage corner considers Twitter not showing everyone Hunter's dick pics to be a scandal or censorship. Nobody. Because you can't just go around flashing someone else's hog, it's part of Twitter's TOS.

It's beyond pathetic.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pirate Radar posted:

I don’t know, that sounds like ironclad theology to me.

I'm not great at geography but I don't ever recall many pine trees growing in the middle east. I could be wrong though.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

I was expecting this to turn into the open palm slap meme.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

SamBishop posted:

They are so loving desperate to have something to glom onto. Literally no one but their small little faux outrage corner considers Twitter not showing everyone Hunter's dick pics to be a scandal or censorship. Nobody. Because you can't just go around flashing someone else's hog, it's part of Twitter's TOS.

It's beyond pathetic.

https://twitter.com/meyersmike8160/status/1529479544268259328

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I'm Biden's tight quivering rear end

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Fre Merzasphor posted:

CVS has been selling sex toys for at least a decade. Fox just noticed now? :lol:

Thanks Obama

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

MY SUPPORTERS shouldn’t have to stand in sun for 4 hours

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Bring an umbrella

Fre Merzasphor
Mar 8, 2006
Why didn’t they just use a drop box and avoid the line? Oh right…

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Look at all these idiots standing around for 4 hours waiting to vote in-person because they were told by Republicans not to vote by mail in a state they could have voted by mail in.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Play posted:

Bring an umbrella

Providing shade for people waiting in line is now illegal!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

She absolutely would.

she'd be the next IVF host for him

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I just read that Daily Beast Herschel Walker piece.

This dude was within 2 percentage points of winning. :shepface:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Could have had a true poster in the senate, shame

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Senator President.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

:psyduck:

I just.... I can never immediately accept the flat out hypocrisy right out in the open.

It should be easier to vote!!!!.... for us. Not for you.

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I was in fifth grade in 1992 carrying around a hardcover copy of The Tommyknockers and the vice principal asked me what book it was. I held it up expecting an angry or disgusted reaction and instead she said, “oh that’s a good book. Good for you, reading at such an advanced level!”

So then in sixth grade I started reading Clive Barker. :unsmigghh:

In '91 I was in first grade reading "It" and the teacher still made me participate in learning to read with the rest of the class. It was humiliating because I would be like "TH makes a thhhhh sound" and she'd be like "STOP SHOWING OFF" and literally scream at me. It hosed me up for years. I looked her up after I graduated and sent her a letter detailing how much I hated her throughout my childhood, then sent a followup letter a few years ago saying I forgive her but I still think she is the worst teacher I ever had.

Also in 3rd grade I won the reading contest because I was a loving book turbo nerd, and as a reward they allowed me to choose a book. I asked for the most advanced one (from the scholastic book lists or something) and ended up with a copy of Forbidden City. I was asked to present a report on the book to my class. It was maybe a minute before the teacher said it was clear I had read the book and didn't need to finish my presentation. She called my mom to yell at her for allowing me to read such a thing. Little did she know my mom is a crazy bitch- Mother came to school and excoriated her in front of my class and the other teachers during the lunch hour and said if the school didn't want me to read about the Tiananmen Massacre, that maybe they shouldn't have given me the loving book.

I had a hosed up childhood lol.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

deadeyez posted:

I looked her up after I graduated and sent her a letter detailing how much I hated her

:lol::owned:

deadeyez posted:

Yeah :smith:

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

haljordan posted:

Do they keep the butt plugs in a locked case like the $3 can of shaving gel I wanted to buy the other day

Every grocery store near me keeps even the lube and condoms and junk cleansers locked up. The Walmart is the only one that also has toys and that's where I got my first vibe (somehow I convinced myself I couldn't trust legit site to not print THIS IDIOT LIKES SEX all over the delivered box, I was having brainrot that week). The worker who opened the cabinet joked about how I could just shoplift it. Sir if I was going to steal sex toys it would not be some weak poo poo from a Walmart

That guy was still less of a square than Tucker Carlson

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

SamBishop posted:

It's beyond pathetic.

They're addicts who don't want help. The problem is it's a lot drat harder to overdose on anger than it is on other addictive substances like say, traditional drugs, so the line where they finally burn out is a lot further away and the desperation gets all the more pathetic.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:psyduck:

I just.... I can never immediately accept the flat out hypocrisy right out in the open.

It should be easier to vote!!!!.... for us. Not for you.

Who was the GOP rear end in a top hat who whined that his party didn't get enough votes and that was why they had to gerrymander districts?

We can't win unless we cheat!

I will say that Saving Christmas is an insane movie when you look at how poo poo it is, and the message that Christmas isn't about Christ or any of his teachings, but getting as many presents as you loving can. Half the movie is literally Kirk sitting in a car with his brother-in-law, the latter lamenting how commercial Christmas is, and Kirk explaining to him why it's really what God and Jesus want. The whole thing feels like a loving demon convincing some wishy-washy Christian how to bend all the rules and become a loving goblin of greed. I admit the movie's message is not at all what I was expecting; the usual "do good and love the sinner hate the sin" poo poo but instead got a materialistic grabbag of God loves you so you need to buy poo poo.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

prosperity gospel baby. jesus fuckin loved the rich, take my word for it, don’t investigate pls.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

That walker article is so good. Apparently they brought in Lindsay graham to give walker a more senatorial air to which I say.. lmao

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

deadeyez posted:

In '91 I was in first grade reading "It" and the teacher still made me participate in learning to read with the rest of the class.

yo what’s it like being the only first grader in your school who knows what a gangbang is

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

WhyteRyce posted:

yo what’s it like being the only first grader in your school who knows what a gangbang is

I read it when I was 12 and had to read that part twice three or four times because what the gently caress was going on? I can't imagine it made any sense at all to a 1st grader.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Who was the GOP rear end in a top hat who whined that his party didn't get enough votes and that was why they had to gerrymander districts?

We can't win unless we cheat!

I will say that Saving Christmas is an insane movie when you look at how poo poo it is, and the message that Christmas isn't about Christ or any of his teachings, but getting as many presents as you loving can. Half the movie is literally Kirk sitting in a car with his brother-in-law, the latter lamenting how commercial Christmas is, and Kirk explaining to him why it's really what God and Jesus want. The whole thing feels like a loving demon convincing some wishy-washy Christian how to bend all the rules and become a loving goblin of greed. I admit the movie's message is not at all what I was expecting; the usual "do good and love the sinner hate the sin" poo poo but instead got a materialistic grabbag of God loves you so you need to buy poo poo.

It sounds amazing. A normal Christmas movie has somebody who’s too fixated on the material parts of the holiday like the perfect tree and the biggest presents and their arc is learning that it’s about family and meaningful relationships instead of stuff, you can have a great Christmas with no tree and no presents as long as you remember that the real meaning of the holiday is peace and goodwill, but instead this movie seems to say that actually that person is right and it’s all about the stuff, God loves the stuff.

Tom Lehrer posted:

Angels we have heard on high
Tell us to go out and buy!

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

deadeyez posted:

In '91 I was in first grade reading "It" and the teacher still made me participate in learning to read with the rest of the class. It was humiliating because I would be like "TH makes a thhhhh sound" and she'd be like "STOP SHOWING OFF" and literally scream at me. It hosed me up for years. I looked her up after I graduated and sent her a letter detailing how much I hated her throughout my childhood, then sent a followup letter a few years ago saying I forgive her but I still think she is the worst teacher I ever had.

Also in 3rd grade I won the reading contest because I was a loving book turbo nerd, and as a reward they allowed me to choose a book. I asked for the most advanced one (from the scholastic book lists or something) and ended up with a copy of Forbidden City. I was asked to present a report on the book to my class. It was maybe a minute before the teacher said it was clear I had read the book and didn't need to finish my presentation. She called my mom to yell at her for allowing me to read such a thing. Little did she know my mom is a crazy bitch- Mother came to school and excoriated her in front of my class and the other teachers during the lunch hour and said if the school didn't want me to read about the Tiananmen Massacre, that maybe they shouldn't have given me the loving book.

Dude I was way ahead of my reading level too and I just got to play computer games once I was done. I don't ever remember having to do any learn to read stuff with the class but I could read before kindergarten, probably because my parents read to me a lot. I remember they were watching a movie and asked me what I was doing and I said reading this book and they were surprised I already knew how. Granted it was a children's book about an airplane or something but it always came easy.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

MiracleFlare posted:

Every grocery store near me keeps even the lube and condoms and junk cleansers locked up. The Walmart is the only one that also has toys and that's where I got my first vibe (somehow I convinced myself I couldn't trust legit site to not print THIS IDIOT LIKES SEX all over the delivered box, I was having brainrot that week). The worker who opened the cabinet joked about how I could just shoplift it. Sir if I was going to steal sex toys it would not be some weak poo poo from a Walmart

That guy was still less of a square than Tucker Carlson

I'd like to whip a battery right at Tucker's stupid potato face

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I understand the rest of the kit but what's the dick numbing spray for.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I started reading books in English when I was 8 or so after a family friend gave me The Lion, the Witch and thr Wardrobe and I was hooked. Saved up for a beautiful bound edition of all the books right after and never really went back to reading books in my native language.

I also had a super lovely teacher in primary school that would try to shame me for being way advanced in that area.

I had a really cool teacher in secondary school though who just let me do whatever I wanted, which was either just silently reading my books during class or function as a TA helping struggling classmates.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
*FKK*

SHOOM SHOOM SHOOM SHOOM

edit: wrong thread

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Dude I was way ahead of my reading level too and I just got to play computer games once I was done. I don't ever remember having to do any learn to read stuff with the class but I could read before kindergarten, probably because my parents read to me a lot. I remember they were watching a movie and asked me what I was doing and I said reading this book and they were surprised I already knew how. Granted it was a children's book about an airplane or something but it always came easy.

I have a friend who is a teaching assistant (here in the UK) and she says that over the last couple of years they've noticed an increase in the number of problem kids they've been getting. Not so much bad behaviour (well, some she said are just feral) but just total lack of education. They've seen 4-5 year olds still wearing nappies (diapers), ones who can't even count to 5, can't read at all, and can't even identify basic colours, like they couldn't say if a toy was red, green, black or white. Sounds like over the pandemic a lot of parents just gave up and sat their kids down with a phone to play with and didn't even try teaching them anything at all at home.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Volcott posted:

I understand the rest of the kit but what's the dick numbing spray for.

You ever seen that Bond movie with the antagonist lady that crushed dudes using her thighs and kegels? It’s if you want to bone her.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I was an early reader and while I wouldn’t get outright rage for reading something above my age level, I’d be seen in more of a “she’s pretending to understand what she’s reading” lens.

Like even when I did hit upon things I didn’t understand I’d just ask my mom? I was blessed with a mom who was overjoyed that I tore through books, even if I found Johnny Tremain to be the most boring poo poo on planet earth. Sorry mom (but thank you for buying my first Judy Blume book when I was 9!)

But yeah, I’ve seen some adults suplex any tall poppy signs in a kid. That mentality makes me sick, god forbid you encourage a kid to grow.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1601635260630208512?s=20&t=5gEH-61pNM28C-IZ8t5uHw

now you've done it America. The dealer of death sticks is back in play and has scores to settle

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Devils Affricate posted:

I've watched through this a few times and I can't for the life of me figure out why he mentioned "kids with speech impediments" in his mini rant. Is it a reference to some specific news story from 2020 or did his Gish Gallop module briefly go into overdrive?

My son has a speech impediment and I was more worried about him surviving covid than whether or not he could attend school in person.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Oscar Schindler: "I could have been more online!"

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/status/1601635260630208512?s=20&t=5gEH-61pNM28C-IZ8t5uHw

now you've done it America. The dealer of death sticks is back in play and has scores to settle

Seventy six genders led the pride parade
With a hundred & ten drag queens close at hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Lord of War 2: there are 2 movies