Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

What no that's a nice outfit

Macaluso posted:

How is this terrible fashion, you look right out of Clueless

I just have low self-esteem and tend to self-deprecate a lot.

https://twitter.com/WT_Fits/status/1601464608778248196

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

It's nearly Starlight and me and a friend have decided that it was time for coordinated festive outfits!

A portrait!

And a couple fancier shots!

It's been fun popping into trial roulette together with a "Lali-ho ho ho!" and seeing who notices.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Stormblood LP enters another dungeon, the climax of a major plotline and THE DISCOURSE!

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is there any way to clear O12S without getting together another 7 other people and sitting them down to learn the fight? From what I've seen there's no 'trick' or way to out-DPS some of the instant-death mechanics, even unsynced.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Is there any way to clear O12S without getting together another 7 other people and sitting them down to learn the fight? From what I've seen there's no 'trick' or way to out-DPS some of the instant-death mechanics, even unsynced.

Look up "Goodbye World" strat. You still need to learn a bit, but it's lot easier than doing everything straightforwardly

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

During ShB, when I did O12S, you actually had to learn the fight to do it properly. In EW, you only really need to learn how to do Goodbye World and potentially one other mechanism in phase 2, everything else is skipped. You used to have to learn how to do electric slides in phase 1, but it's possible now to just do enough dps that you only need like one person to stay alive and you can easily get through.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

You'll have to learn the Electric Slides in P1 and then Patch at the start of P2. Hello world can be cheesed by suiciding the DPS at the correct time and the boss shouldn't last long after that.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/ladylawga/status/1404818089787621378

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Tekopo posted:

During ShB, when I did O12S, you actually had to learn the fight to do it properly. In EW, you only really need to learn how to do Goodbye World and potentially one other mechanism in phase 2, everything else is skipped. You used to have to learn how to do electric slides in phase 1, but it's possible now to just do enough dps that you only need like one person to stay alive and you can easily get through.

Eh, pretty sure the group I did O12S with last month didn’t do any actual mechanics in part 2 and just burst it down. Part 1 is just don’t get knocked back and keep the bosses at the appropriate distance.

I never did it when it was current, so I definitely didn’t learn any mechanics.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Yeah, I did it start of EW so it might be the case that the ilevels are high enough to skip everything now.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Ziddar posted:

It's nearly Starlight and me and a friend have decided that it was time for coordinated festive outfits!

A portrait!

And a couple fancier shots!

It's been fun popping into trial roulette together with a "Lali-ho ho ho!" and seeing who notices.
When you /lalihohoho, you go all the way.

Body is Darbar casting coat, pretty fitting for the occasion.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Epic echo means there are no mechanics anymore. Do it with 7 DPS and 1 healer and burst it down. Honestly you might not even need a healer but you definitely don't need a tank, much less two.

ETA: the assumption here is that the dps will actually do more damage than healers so this might not work with PUGs yet

jalapeno_dude fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 10, 2022

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They've announced the full tracklist for Theatrhythm Final Bar Line, and FFXIV has the biggest contribution for a singular game.
(The source of the image is from the Nova Crystallis news post.)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FortMan posted:

When you /lalihohoho, you go all the way.

Body is Darbar casting coat, pretty fitting for the occasion.

I did one like that...

But then I realized I had the stuff on hand to give tribute to the best Christmas song.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Onean posted:

They've announced the full tracklist for Theatrhythm Final Bar Line, and FFXIV has the biggest contribution for a singular game.

Hell yeah can't wait for this game. Best game coming out next year for sure. Just hope it doesn't run like poo poo on the switch.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

jalapeno_dude posted:

Epic echo means there are no mechanics anymore. Do it with 7 DPS and 1 healer and burst it down. Honestly you might not even need a healer but you definitely don't need a tank, much less two.

ETA: the assumption here is that the dps will actually do more damage than healers so this might not work with PUGs yet

You can seriously burst down before Fundamental and Hello World? That's rad, I may have to try that some time.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

I did this about a month ago with essentially 6 other people (the 7th was only level 83 or something).

For door phase, you need two tanks who understand Firewall (keep the bosses close or apart depending on the debuff) and know how to time the invulns. You want to ideally burst the twins down to .1% before they start Electric Slide. It's unlikely to kill before they start the cast itself pretty sure. The entire party is going to die during Electric Slide because there's no way you can teach people how to handle the numbers/mechanics correctly, but tanks can invuln their way through the entire thing and finish the last .1% off to get into the next stage.

For second phase, you're aiming for enough DPS to kill during Hello World itself, or have a tank invuln through the latter half of it and finish the boss off (hopefully they can do spinny lasers if it comes to it). The one mechanic you'll have to do is Patch, but luckily you don't have to do the full version of it. You can simplify it into just two steps instead of four. Have the entire party stacked together for the beginning of the cast which will break two tethers quickly. Once the debuff wears off, have the last two tethered pairs split apart to break. You'll take extra damage but it'll easily be healable.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Kyrosiris posted:

You can seriously burst down before Fundamental and Hello World? That's rad, I may have to try that some time.

For us it hit .1% during the charges cast, then you just need 1 person to survive it, e.g. a tank can pop an invuln here. And then we were killing before any of the HW1 debuffs actually resolved.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1601192446209445888?s=20&t=yly5uB1rYAaF_C13enyzAA

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Traditionally, the X.3 patch is when the game starts pivoting their stories for the X.0 content, yeah? I'm expecting the story have us resolve a lot of the VOID world situation with a pivot to a new foreshadowed place. Looking forward to it. I've always found the X.1 and X.2 patches a bit lackluster, but so far have been really enjoying the last two.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Popoto posted:

Traditionally, the X.3 patch is when the game starts pivoting their stories for the X.0 content, yeah? I'm expecting the story have us resolve a lot of the VOID world situation with a pivot to a new foreshadowed place. Looking forward to it. I've always found the X.1 and X.2 patches a bit lackluster, but so far have been really enjoying the last two.

They've indicated that, with the end of the original main story with 6.0, the plot schedule moving forward won't necessarily follow the same pattern as it did in previous patches. So we don't really know yet! I don't think they're going to be wrapping up the Void stuff in 6.3, at least. Too much ground to cover.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I'm pretty sure the Void plotline is the patch plotline for the expansion, especially since they replaced one of the standard optional plotlines (bonus trials, warring triad, four lords, weapons and werlyt) with additional MSQ Trials (so far only Barbarricia to be fair).

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

They kind of implied that the void story would run until 6.5 and then a sudden world-changing event would happen to set up the next expansion

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Thundarr posted:

They've indicated that, with the end of the original main story with 6.0, the plot schedule moving forward won't necessarily follow the same pattern as it did in previous patches. So we don't really know yet! I don't think they're going to be wrapping up the Void stuff in 6.3, at least. Too much ground to cover.

I'm down for that. They for sure have a lot of opportunities to have us visit the other shards as I think they are still a small handful that are still out there right? The current possible directions are anything from the void, to any of the other unknown shards, to the southern continent. Is that it? (Of course there could just be something else entirely, but I'm just going from what I remember OTOH from the lore.)

We are hanging out with dragons, and the southern continent is like dragonland yeah? Or was? Some lore nerd correct me please.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

FuturePastNow posted:

They kind of implied that the void story would run until 6.5 and then a sudden world-changing event would happen to set up the next expansion

Gonna be honest? I'm assuming successful void invasion of Meracydia. Or at least an attempted one. Either that or full traversal between the shards but I feel Meracydia is more likely first.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

FuturePastNow posted:

They did?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Here ya go!

https://www.dexerto.com/final-fantasy/ffxiv-producer-yoshi-p-story-final-fantasy-xiv-1897431/

E: the earth shattering event isn't mentioned, but I do remember reading that somewhere. I could be misrembering it though. The article does talk about how this cycle is different though

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Dec 11, 2022

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

They said that they were wrapping up the EW story in .0 not .3 like the other expansions. From this it's safe to assume that either the .1-.5 story will be self-contained or that it will lead into the next expansion; in either case it seems likely that .l6.3 won't be a sudden pivot but will continue what we had in 6.1 and 6.2.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

there's a roughly 99% chance the 6.3 trial boss will be Rubicante, what with Barbariccia's orchestrion being called "Battle with the Four Fiends (Buried Memory)", with the 6.2 patch name in parentheses, while the dungeon and boss themes are named "Troian Beauty (Endwalker)" and "FINAL FANTASY IV: Battle 2 (Endwalker)". i think we can pretty safely assume that's not an accident in their formatting and that we're getting a "Battle with the Four Fiends (Gods Revel, Lands Tremble)" next patch. structurally that'd also mean we're not going to resolve the Golbez/Azdaja story yet unless they go hogwild with some betrayals and backstabbings.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Pretty sure the "Gods" in the patch title is in reference to the alliance raid

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I'm expecting 6.3 to have the other two fiends, arranged in some combination of trial, solo duty and/or dungeon, and then Golbez in 6.4

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

Pretty sure the "Gods" in the patch title is in reference to the alliance raid

sure, i'm just saying if they name a theme after a patch instead of an expansion, it means we can assume they plan to remix it again in the same expansion

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm pretty exhausted with void stuff at this point and having no nostalgia for FFIV makes this patch cycle a bit of a drag for me. The raid/alliance stuff has been great as usual but the MSQ just hasn't really done it for me. In previous X.1-5 cycles you could at least count on any particular storyline you aren't interested in being wrapped up by X.3 and getting something new, but as someone who simply doesn't care about the Thirteenth very much as it's been shown I feel like I'm stuck not caring about the story until 2024 (I'm assuming 7.0 will be that January or something). I think I'm pretty alone on this though because I never really see anyone talk badly about the current storyline - and it's not bad exactly, it's just not something I'm very interested in and it's taking up a huge amount of IRL time to get through.

Hopefully we get a good rear end Gridania theme in the upcoming raid though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The number one thing about the Void storyline that fans seem to want the most from what I've seen on Twitter is for Zero and Yshtola to kiss

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I didn't care about the void stuff at first but I'm loving the way it's really exploring what it feels like to exist as a weird little blob dude who has to turn into a hivemind with other weak losers in order to get anything done.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I still think they should be giving demons Italian or Irish accents depending on their name

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

this should have been barbariccia

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Martman posted:

I didn't care about the void stuff at first but I'm loving the way it's really exploring what it feels like to exist as a weird little blob dude who has to turn into a hivemind with other weak losers in order to get anything done.

just don't try to use this as instructions

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Countblanc posted:

I'm pretty exhausted with void stuff at this point and having no nostalgia for FFIV makes this patch cycle a bit of a drag for me. The raid/alliance stuff has been great as usual but the MSQ just hasn't really done it for me. In previous X.1-5 cycles you could at least count on any particular storyline you aren't interested in being wrapped up by X.3 and getting something new, but as someone who simply doesn't care about the Thirteenth very much as it's been shown I feel like I'm stuck not caring about the story until 2024 (I'm assuming 7.0 will be that January or something). I think I'm pretty alone on this though because I never really see anyone talk badly about the current storyline - and it's not bad exactly, it's just not something I'm very interested in and it's taking up a huge amount of IRL time to get through.

Hopefully we get a good rear end Gridania theme in the upcoming raid though

It's interesting because while I'm someone who also has no nostalgia for FFIV, I found the story of 6.2 to be one of my favorites ever. It felt so incredibly "Final Fantasy" (in the grander sense) to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

My 6.2 opinion is:

Zero hot.