Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I looked into buying those a few years ago but they were a one time art thing

I did a piece like this in college imma see if I can dig it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

what is going on in the background? is that a sexual assault in progress?

Domestic abuse at least.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

uh, there's lego and people who make lego figure bodies in camo fatigues and lego figure guns and lego figure body armor and helmets and such. you can even cobble together a cop/troop's wife lego figure

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1492&C=0#T=S&C=3&O=%7B%22color%22:3,%22iconly%22:0%7D

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

My interpretation was domestic abuse.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

indigi posted:

my take on every veteran from Iraq is that it's a shame they didn’t come home in a box

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

indigi posted:

my take on every veteran from Iraq is that it's a shame they didn’t come home in a box

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

lol at my cousin who says he got PTSD from working in shipping and handling in Iraq from seeing so many boxes

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I thought ptsd from too many boxes was more likely to be an occupational hazard for Jodi.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hitting your wife over the head with a piss pot is not the most sexual thing I can think of.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

the way she's holding her dress probably indicates it's sexual assault (domestic or not), which makes sense since soldiers are rapists and murderers

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

War and Pieces posted:

lol at my cousin who says he got PTSD from working in shipping and handling in Iraq from seeing so many boxes

lol

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

War and Pieces posted:

I did a piece like this in college imma see if I can dig it up

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

drat. Those army men got owned, respect.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
There's an overpass on I-275 that says "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS." Its been this way as long as I've lived in Cincinnati, so at least 10 years.

In the predawn light this morning barely visible against the black sky, it now reads "SUPPORT OUR OOPS"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Seriouspost: IDGI

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Adbusters-tier comedy ITT

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

smug jeebus posted:

Adbusters-tier comedy ITT

thanks it was made during "the surge"

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

War and Pieces posted:

I work at a blood donation place and review donors medical history questionnaires. One question is if they have PTSD. If they say they do, they have to get clearance from their doctor (questions like "can this person sit in a loud and sometimes hectic environment for an hour"). The number of notes that come back saying that no, this person doesn't have PTSD is hilarious.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Seriouspost: IDGI

It’s a reference to the Jim Carrey film The Mask. His catchphrase is smokin, and he is green.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Maybe I should have labeled the cigarette like a political cartoon to make it more obvious

War and Pieces has issued a correction as of 07:51 on Dec 2, 2022

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
the cigarette is debt

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Turtle Watch posted:

It’s a reference to the Jim Carrey film The Mask. His catchphrase is smokin, and he is green.

Thank you.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
green smoke is also a reference to 1996 Michael Bay masterpiece "The Rock"

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Turtle Watch posted:

suddenly the phrase "somebody STOP me!" takes on a much darker meaning

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/BoltzmannBooty/status/1601072367123722241

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

there are so many ellipses there it reads like the Book of Mazarbul

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

learning Fort Bragg is named after one of the most incompetent members of the confederate hierarchy adds an extra something to the observation it's a nest of murder and sexual abuse

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1601784294304894977?s=20&t=mUI4KHPXpBeTh2RNO73doA

These veterans want the United States to keep its wartime promises. They found a country littered with indifference.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
thats crazy man

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

learning Fort Bragg is named after one of the most incompetent members of the confederate hierarchy adds an extra something to the observation it's a nest of murder and sexual abuse

The Union won and got bragging rights.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

fort hood too lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I'm presuming that one is just named after the clothing item.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

google john bell hood

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1601784294304894977?s=20&t=mUI4KHPXpBeTh2RNO73doA

These veterans want the United States to keep its wartime promises. They found a country littered with indifference.

haha they weren't kidding about the indifference

https://twitter.com/AAAFireWatch/status/1583521921320112128

Skip past the boring poo poo to 1:45 for the lol part. For some reason no one gives a gently caress about three tubs of poo poo driving around wyoming eating greasy diner food and whining about some gi joe poo poo.

Weka
May 5, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

google john bell hood

Sadly it does not seem like they named the clothing item after him, despite the association between it and his ideology.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/LeeCamp/status/1603384617406529536

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Liz_Friden/status/1603706632264945664?s=20&t=uCqNN0-r_GwVR9HFPEoMXw

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
lol owned

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The Taliban had his biometric data, left behind by the U.S. government, and they were hunting him

Oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Backed the wrong horse on that one, chief