Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatstein
Dec 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Thread rules

This thread is for hating the Troops. If you wish to defend your idiot cousin and his decision to kill helpless people for money, please start a new thread, preferably in D&D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatstein
Dec 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://mobile.twitter.com/AlanRMacLeod/status/1400168771894063109

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
https://twitter.com/LikoClave/status/1399487495566462977

Goatstein
Dec 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
https://mobile.twitter.com/MandelaFace/status/1310716953565171713

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/BlackRedGuard1/status/1399073886180941824

Goatstein
Dec 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Reality Winner has a confirmed kill count more than twice Stephen Paddock, Timothy McVeigh and Elliot Roger, combined

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Ex-troops are the most entitled fucks of all time, just insufferable

Yeah yeah you did or supported the doing of war crimes you don’t have to be smug about it

I was a troop and I never tell anyone i meet in person about that because it’s shameful as gently caress

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Goatstein
Dec 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Ex-troops are the most entitled fucks of all time, just insufferable

Yeah yeah you did or supported the doing of war crimes you don’t have to be smug about it

I was a troop and I never tell anyone i meet in person about that because it’s shameful as gently caress

Please tell us about the dumbest and/or most psycho Troops you met

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
lol remember that one bbq chain that makes everybody at one of their restaurants salute the troops/do the pledge of allegiance at noon every single day

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
glad when troops die, hope many idf soldiers die

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-C_Nm7v81M

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i poo poo on our troops

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Goatstein posted:

Please tell us about the dumbest and/or most psycho Troops you met

Too many stories because all troops are dumb and psycho myself included

One time we were queued to cross a bridge and stood on the side of a road for an hour and watched a guy who was maybe fifty feet from the road and shot in the stomach writhe in pain and flail around and call desperately for help clearly shot in the stomach and we just stood there because the lieutenant thought he had a grenade and was going to suicide bomb us

Another unit queued behind us got so annoyed at our cowardice they came up and actually rescued the guy but forty of us just stood there and watched a man die because our lieutenant was a paranoid idiot and the rest of us were too stupid and psycho to do the right thing and rescue a dying man

All troops are like that. They talk about how brave they are but they’re paranoid and stupid and lack basic humanity

Mind we didn’t shoot the guy in the stomach he’d been there for a while already and multiple groups queued to cross that bridge had just left him there to die slowly in the sun

We’re barbarians

Goatstein
Dec 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

HashtagGirlboss posted:

One time we were queued to cross a bridge and stood on the side of a road for an hour and watched a guy who was maybe fifty feet from the road and shot in the stomach writhe in pain and flail around and call desperately for help clearly shot in the stomach and we just stood there because the lieutenant thought he had a grenade and was going to suicide bomb us

Another unit queued behind us got so annoyed at our cowardice they came up and actually rescued the guy but forty of us just stood there and watched a man die because our lieutenant was a paranoid idiot and the rest of us were too stupid and psycho to do the right thing and rescue a dying man

All troops are like that. They talk about how brave they are but they’re paranoid and stupid and lack basic humanity

Mind we didn’t shoot the guy in the stomach he’d been there for a while already and multiple groups queued to cross that bridge had just left him there to die slowly in the sun

We’re barbarians

Have you ever considered if that lieutenant didn't feel like paying off student loans though

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

Don't post ur own tweets

Goatstein
Dec 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Snake Dance posted:

Don't post ur own tweets

I do what I want bitch!!

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Guy I knew in high school was a west pointer and after his first semester was back home for Christmas break and he came to midnight mass with my family and wore his cadet outfit and kept getting “thank you for your service” poo poo and my mom got mad and blurted out “he’s a cadet he hasn’t done anything

Later on he was stationed in Cairo for a long time and managed to get a horrible stomach illness that apparently only comes up when you inadvertently consume too much human feces in your food or water.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Fortaleza posted:

Guy I knew in high school was a west pointer and after his first semester was back home for Christmas break and he came to midnight mass with my family and wore his cadet outfit and kept getting “thank you for your service” poo poo and my mom got mad and blurted out “he’s a cadet he hasn’t done anything

Later on he was stationed in Cairo for a long time and managed to get a horrible stomach illness that apparently only comes up when you inadvertently consume too much human feces in your food or water.

Are you sure it was inadvertent?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

there's a real disgusting amount of we honor veterans poo poo here. makes sense, there's no industry or culture or anything so pretty much the only "accomplishments" people accrue are doing military service and high school football

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Girl Scout cookies are overrated.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Are you sure it was inadvertent?

Pretty sure. But now I’m kicking myself because last time I saw him I didn’t think to tell him to “eat poo poo!”, drat

He later made captain and ran some signal intelligence stuff stationed in Hawaii. Poor guy.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
In the old country I was loving a woman for a while who turned out to have a boyfriend who was in Iraq. When he got back and heard about it he found me in the pub on new years eve, headbutted me and gave me a permanent scar. My friends threw him out and beat the poo poo out of him. What a loser

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/MissPavIichenko/status/1399364001893601286?s=20

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

some plague rats posted:

In the old country I was loving a woman for a while who turned out to have a boyfriend who was in Iraq. When he got back and heard about it he found me in the pub on new years eve, headbutted me and gave me a permanent scar. My friends threw him out and beat the poo poo out of him. What a loser

thank you for your service

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
as a veteran, i deserve no respect for my military service or any other reason.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

got a week probe for disrespecting the troops back in the day in gbs so gently caress da troops

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

miniscule12 posted:

thank you for your service

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

HashtagGirlboss posted:

We’re barbarians

this makes me really viscerally angry and disgusted lol death to america and its puppets and allies

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
they're worse than cops

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

I think troops are good op, baboon troops, chimpanzee troops, gibbon troops especially.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
Quick reminder that the college money or escape poverty excuse for Troops is invalid where there are more morally acceptable ways to make money, like pimping or robbing banks

Bootleg Trunks posted:

got a week probe for disrespecting the troops back in the day in gbs so gently caress da troops

I got like two dozen probes bans and permabans for posting opinions goons didn't like about our Soldiers

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

exmarx posted:

they're worse than cops

Absolutely. We need to disband the military before the police because the Troops would step into a policing role immediately and be much worse than the cops, where the inverse would never happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

That’s pretty lib and anti-working class. Mocking people for not coming from a bougie background is low.