Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

LMAO reading the blurbs on that book, a bunch of critics gassing it up for freedom etc

And his wikipedia tries so hard to downplay his being a fascist, making him sound like just a persecuted artist, until you get the sweet line about moving to nazi Germany in 1945

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Cerebral Bore posted:

time person of the year should be whoever has objectively produced the most Content

FF making a strong showing imo

tambourine
Oct 11, 2021

Majorian posted:

They were all obsessed with keeping things peaceful and legal, so they were shockingly completely ineffective. The mentality was that getting violent to oppose wars was worse than not opposing the war at all. It was a very stupid time.
The only modern "anti-war movements" to ever succeed at their goal consisted of masses of soldiers literally leaving the front to go home.

So it doesn't matter how many molotov cocktails you throw at cops.
Or, well, it matters, but for your personal high score, not because it helps or hinders the War Effort(TM)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Going by the liberal propaganda about this war the only real anti-war movement are the draft dodgers and family members helping conscripts hide and run away.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/k_sonin/status/1601275303229153280

"I can only conceive of war and politics through the lens of cheap consumerism (as fueled by a Nazi)"

what makes this extra funny is that since this mall was opened in 2000 then its entire operation was during putin's tenure in power

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

GoLambo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhA1yofpkMg

Douglas Macgregor doesn't seem to think the Ukrainian army is in a particularly good position right now.

they talked about a lot of poles fighting and dying near bakhmut, has there been any reporting on that or is it just rumors?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Megamissen posted:

they talked about a lot of poles fighting and dying near bakhmut, has there been any reporting on that or is it just rumors?

Lots of telegram posts with pictures

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/k_sonin/status/1601275303229153280

"I can only conceive of war and politics through the lens of cheap consumerism (as fueled by a Nazi)"

https://twitter.com/BotTheFlag/status/1601922403361251330

Love this bot.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/officejjsmart/status/1601922670089719811

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol it differentiates between romania and chad

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
the idea of guys in chad and mozambique being in nafo and posting about ukraine all day is funny to think about

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol it differentiates between romania and chad

romania will never be chads until they retake budjak

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

the Johnny Depp version?

Nah, a bunch of libs still love Depp.

tambourine posted:

The only modern "anti-war movements" to ever succeed at their goal consisted of masses of soldiers literally leaving the front to go home.

So it doesn't matter how many molotov cocktails you throw at cops.
Or, well, it matters, but for your personal high score, not because it helps or hinders the War Effort(TM)

I don't think anyone was suggesting that throwing molotovs at cops would be sufficient to end a war. Things like general strikes would also probably need to be involved.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Shot:
https://twitter.com/ivanastradner/status/1601370038153678849
Chaser:
https://twitter.com/ivanastradner/status/1601947410728718337

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

the current president also has dementia, the good days are back babyyy

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
And is also a notorious rapist!

Ah, at last...the Democrats have their Gipper.:allears:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
you can tell someone is racist when they like Reagan but not Obama. it’s like fondly remembering babe Ruth and ignoring hank Aaron

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ardennes posted:

The irony is that entire discussion backed up this thread point by point, plagiarism.

Just listened to it and yeah. Its uncanny

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Vomik posted:

you can tell someone is racist when they like Reagan but not Obama. it’s like fondly remembering babe Ruth and ignoring hank Aaron

Babe Ruth was also a 20 win pitcher. Hank could never

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Griner went to Russia to play sportsball, not to emigrate. I don't get that tweet, other that it reads like something my dipshit boomer stepmom would say.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Just listened to it and yeah. Its uncanny

I guess the question becomes what they call “phase four” which would be a general Russian offensive. It is clear that from a Russian perspective progress is being made but if the Russians commit they are going to need a 3 to 1 advantage across at least the major axises they are attacking. It seems that tank deliveries are indicating that eventually some type of more major push would happen.

I would say at least that interview does show that this thread isn’t as outside as the mainstream thought in military circles as assumed. The Russians’ true mistake was assuming the US under Biden was going to honestly negotiate with them and this major miscalculation born out of the fact that many of Putin’s advisors were still HSE/Western trained liberals.

The Russians never engaged the bulk of their force (they said 20%) and that Kharkov at least was semi-intentional etc.

There was some surprising praise for the NLAW over the Javelin.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

WaryWarren posted:

Griner went to Russia to play sportsball, not to emigrate. I don't get that tweet, other that it reads like something my dipshit boomer stepmom would say.

them evil russians let a pot smoker out of jail, which good and free us of a would never do

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ardennes posted:

I haven't watched the video, but I assume that's mainly just social media hype.

Because all the Ukrainian videos of tank kills are from Stugna? I don't think there hasn't been much evidence for NLAW of Javeling besides word of mouth.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Aslo I guess there's things happening in Serbia?

https://twitter.com/200_zoka/status/1602008264329371650

I dunno which thread even pays attention to this.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Lostconfused posted:

Mods will close your thread and PM you death threats if you try to tell the truth about Kosovo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Always some damned thing in the Balkans

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

paul_soccer12 posted:

Mods will close your thread and PM you death threats if you try to tell the truth about Kosovo

We don't like to call them death threats; we call them "death promises.":)

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Ardennes posted:

I guess the question becomes what they call “phase four” which would be a general Russian offensive. It is clear that from a Russian perspective progress is being made but if the Russians commit they are going to need a 3 to 1 advantage across at least the major axises they are attacking. It seems that tank deliveries are indicating that eventually some type of more major push would happen.

I would say at least that interview does show that this thread isn’t as outside as the mainstream thought in military circles as assumed. The Russians’ true mistake was assuming the US under Biden was going to honestly negotiate with them and this major miscalculation born out of the fact that many of Putin’s advisors were still HSE/Western trained liberals.

The Russians never engaged the bulk of their force (they said 20%) and that Kharkov at least was semi-intentional etc.

well the NLAW was the untested rookie on the block and never had to live up to the expectations of the Javelin.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Lostconfused posted:

Yeah, the Kosovars send 300 cops into the north without permission of local authorities which in turn has now been met with barricades by locals and now promises of Serbian peacekeepers being sent.

Recently, there almost a peace deal that would have resulted in a land swap from both sides and now "for some reason" Pristina is pressing on their Serbian minorities. That said, I don't think NATO is really in shape for an intervention against Serbia, and hitting them with sanctions is going to derail any sort of EU ascension (which seems the West would want). If this is a way to pressure the Russians...it is well idiotic and would force the hand of a country that was only rather mildly on the Russian/Chinese side to turn completely over.

Tankbuster posted:

well the NLAW was the untested rookie on the block and never had to live up to the expectations of the Javelin.

Yeah, I haven't heard it doing exceptionally better than the Javelin besides that it is lighter. I guess that is fine but honestly tripod mounted missiles in ambush positions seem to do fine.

Obviously, handheld ATGMs are obviously about tank panic, but according to the SA forums they are a do all one shot tank killer from Modern Warfare 2 and at no point are you allowed to challenge forum consensus so that is that.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 21:14 on Dec 11, 2022

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Ardennes posted:

I would say at least that interview does show that this thread isn’t as outside as the mainstream thought in military circles as assumed.

Or Col MacGregor's alter ego is a Canadian artilleryman.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Z the IVth posted:

Or Col MacGregor's alter ego is a Canadian artilleryman.

Maybe it is result of just a bunch of NATO officers in the back muttering how stupid this is.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Cpt_Obvious posted:

DO NOT.......

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
what the gently caress

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

i havent read this thread in a while, i assume the war with GBS isn't over and I'm preparing an assault directly on the thread. I just want to make sure that we will all be proud of me before i get banned

Throwing up in terror as I get ready to make my opening posts. I do that catholic thing where you touch yourself 3 times as my comrades are violently banned in just the first few minutes

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Seems to me it all hinges on just how much of a reserve force the Russians have. I’m not sure if I believe they have enough to do an actual massive swoop down from Belarus like he suggests

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

icantfindaname posted:

Seems to me it all hinges on just how much of a reserve force the Russians have. I’m not sure if I believe they have enough to do an actual massive swoop down from Belarus like he suggests

If the Russians are able to assemble a force of 500,000 plus maybe Belarusians it would be enough but it also highly depends on how many Ukrainian forces are on the ground. He cites 190,000 which would be reasonable.

I think the issue isn’t that the Russians can’t assemble a force but they would be willing to go in an all out attack or simply hope the US will be easy on them.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

paul_soccer12 posted:

reopen the kosovo thread paul

speng31b
May 8, 2010

just post the pms

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
More so than the truth of Kosovo, I'd like to know the big deal about Kosovo. Can't recall how many dumb assemblies we had in elementary on account of it.

Peacekeeping is dumb. Let them fight!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Futanari Damacy posted:

More so than the truth of Kosovo, I'd like to know the big deal about Kosovo. Can't recall how many dumb assemblies we had in elementary on account of it.

Peacekeeping is dumb. Let them fight!

Could be absolutely nothing, could be an absolute cluster gently caress of a general Balkan war, it just has to play out