Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
It (the plane carrying the English MNT) is coming home

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So who are we playing in the semis?

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
The Gareth out brigade has forgotten the Hodgson and McLaren years. The whole playing well despite Southgate thing? well I remember supposed generational talents utterly wasted by other England managers.

He’s not perfect for sure, but the last two world cups and Euro is the most consistently good England team I’ve ever seen so I’m good with him staying on.

He was getting poo poo about his defensive tactics and how he always plays three at the back v good teams before this game. He played a back four and England went toe to toe with a properly good team. So it’s not like he doesn’t trust the players or adapts at all.

Everyone is crowning France as champions already but it’s not like Deschamps is universally loved in France. Plenty of people there think they’re going to win it this year, and that they won it in 2018, in spite of him and see him as a limited/conservative manager etc.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

The Gareth out brigade has forgotten the Hodgson and McLaren years. The whole playing well despite Southgate thing? well I remember supposed generational talents utterly wasted by other England managers.

“Lampard, Gerrard, why can’t they play together?”

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
All very valid&sensible points which I will no doubt agree with shortly but England got owned and im mad about it so I will call the manager a mug for a bit and then normal service will resume

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the sex ghost posted:

All very valid&sensible points which I will no doubt agree with shortly but England got owned and im mad about it so I will call the manager a mug for a bit and then normal service will resume

:hmmyes:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lets get the morocco manager after they win the world cup

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/237992599342809088/1051450366706860102/VID-20221211-WA0001.mp4

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

England were good and I am happy thinking that if Upamencano got the yellow card he deserved early on then he has to stop climbing over the England forwards and we win.
Scoring 2 penalties in a game is always tough and Kane is the best English forward for years and people seem not to like him for being a hard working normal man

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

I remember supposed generational talents utterly wasted by other England managers.

The problem is that most of those generational talents shared the same position and no manager had the power to bench 2 out of the 3

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

Just because your old managers were bad doesn't mean your new manager is good.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

England were good and I am happy thinking that if Upamencano got the yellow card he deserved early on then he has to stop climbing over the England forwards and we win.
Scoring 2 penalties in a game is always tough and Kane is the best English forward for years and people seem not to like him for being a hard working normal man

They don’t like him because he’s a bottler who hasn’t won poo poo and found his level years ago. and why are you calling the rich idiot doofus that worships Tom Brady a “hard working normal man,” as opposed to the other English forwards…..hrm

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Lol how old is this

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

About 17 hours.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

From Sport Relief 2018

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I'm surprisingly not that bothered about us going out.

Possibly because I didn't agree with the ethics of the tournament in the first place, possibly because my club team won yesterday and that's more important.

We'll win the CUM cup in 2026.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Dell_Zincht posted:

I'm surprisingly not that bothered about us going out.

Possibly because I didn't agree with the ethics of the tournament in the first place, possibly because my club team won yesterday and that's more important.

We'll win the CUM cup in 2026.

It's 2026 and to the surprise of no-one Southgate has called up 33 year old Harrys Kane and Maguire (currently struggling to get starts at Burnley), 32 year old Sterling still coming back from an injury and 36 year old Kyle Walker.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

It's 2026 and to the surprise of no-one Southgate has called up 33 year old Harrys Kane and Maguire (currently struggling to get starts at Burnley), 32 year old Sterling still coming back from an injury and 36 year old Kyle Walker.

Marcus Rashford plays every match off the bench

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The first French goal was a banger but the second one was just embarrassing for England

England not even able to get a single goal outside of pennies makes them all wastemen and gazza is the biggest wasteman of all

At least its coming home in 2026 and theyr not quite as awful to watch as they used to be

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

They don’t like him because he’s a bottler who hasn’t won poo poo and found his level years ago. and why are you calling the rich idiot doofus that worships Tom Brady a “hard working normal man,” as opposed to the other English forwards…..hrm

Found his level winning the golden boot at the last world cup and the third highest ever premier league goalscorer? Yeah I would agree with that.

Also they are all rich and probably idiots - not sure what your point is?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Found his level winning the golden boot at the last world cup and the third highest ever premier league goalscorer? Yeah I would agree with that.

Yet not a single trophy.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

3 penalties, 2 tap ins, and 1 that happened to hit him on the heel. The least impressive Golden Boot ever, and he didn't score a goal after the Round of 16.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Also they are all rich and probably idiots - not sure what your point is?

Found his level as a declining forward at a club that doesn’t compete for anything. He’s a great player and has had a great career but he’s nowhere near an all time great, even with that place on the PL charts. He’s actually got a better gpg stat than the two above him but who cares, they’re all worthless goals.

And yeah I wonder why Kane is the hard working regular lad compared to say, Rashford or especially Sterling, who has more in common with your average everyday kid growing up the modern UK save for maybe one really obvious thing that’s actually probably more common.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Found his level as a declining forward at a club that doesn’t compete for anything. He’s a great player and has had a great career but he’s nowhere near an all time great, even with that place on the PL charts. He’s actually got a better gpg stat than the two above him but who cares, they’re all worthless goals.

And yeah I wonder why Kane is the hard working regular lad compared to say, Rashford or especially Sterling, who has more in common with your average everyday kid growing up the modern UK save for maybe one really obvious thing that’s actually probably more common.

Again, great player had a great career - personally I don't think he has scored only worthless goals - they have helped spurs quite a lot.

As for the rest of your post, I think you are deliberately misunderstanding me. I'm not the British tabloid press.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Again, great player had a great career - personally I don't think he has scored only worthless goals - they have helped spurs quite a lot.

As for the rest of your post, I think you are deliberately misunderstanding me. I'm not the British tabloid press.

Helped spurs do what now?

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Win football matches?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Win football matches?

Do they get a trophy for that?

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

Lol

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
the le tissier of the modern era in that he was a big fish in a small pond who knew he couldn’t hack it at a big club and spent his entire career bottling every opportunity in front of him. i look forward to kane’s upcoming von daniken period or hiv trutherism or whatever

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Do they get a trophy for that?

You're an American man city supporter who only started posting after they were bought by the UAE royal family

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Jose posted:

You're an American man city supporter who only started posting after they were bought by the UAE royal family

That’s fine to say and I can argue about supporting them before that but in the end I’m an American man city supporter so it won’t matter lol

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

That’s fine to say and I can argue about supporting them before that but in the end I’m an American

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Time for England to finally correct their big mistake and put Big Sam back in power. Sacked just for drinking a pint of wine smh.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Can you stop the dumb slap fight over someone posting a meme, thanks

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Can you stop the dumb slap fight over someone posting a meme, thanks

It depends...

Did he get a trophy for it?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
England should always play in red. RED. The colour of the redcoats. The colour of victory,

They did ok this time round and got done by a better team, but had they played in red?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

You're a gigantic pissbaby

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

le tissiers daughter in law is an onlyfans person

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Jose posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

apparently tuchel does want the job if its available