Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Alright, 5 out of the last 7 matches were interminable slogs against DKs with unending board clears

Time to take a break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I feel like Team 5 is incapable of making learned balance decisions. That plus Brann never getting nerfed in the past makes me think someone on the dev team is absolutely against nerfing him.

He was very cool tonight when I brann'd Pathwerk though and ate a denathrius/theotar/10/10 miracle growth/lightshower elemental against a rogue.

I do think the right move is unnerfing denathrius and just banning brann.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Played 176 games this expansion after today.

0 warriors
6 shamans
8 priests
8 mages
9 paladins

Worst matchup is Rogue 5 -13. Got to love the turn 4 11/11 stealth dudes.

aw frig aw dang it posted:

Alright, 5 out of the last 7 matches were interminable slogs against DKs with unending board clears

Time to take a break

Yeah I can't stomach playing control deck now. Longest games ever, least Denathrius prevented this.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

oh cool death knight with my free leftover arena ticket, I'm sure the decks can't be as insane as people are sa---

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It’s so stupid they are still making replay affects that can screw you over. Oh hey here’s a not even remotely fringe mage legendary that doesn’t even smell fresh let’s make sure it can just bean your face instead of doing anything.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

kater posted:

It’s so stupid they are still making replay affects that can screw you over. Oh hey here’s a not even remotely fringe mage legendary that doesn’t even smell fresh let’s make sure it can just bean your face instead of doing anything.

Just mage things.

Praise Yogg.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

There's currently a Twitch drop running, 2 Standard packs, 2/4 hours.

The only participating channels seem to be
/solaryhs, /thijs, /feelink, and /iamthanh

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Concoction Rogue is really fun. I just wish there were a better way to close out games other than Sinstone Graveyard and Draka, which create potentially busted early turns. I feel dirty when that happens.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

PneumonicBook posted:

I feel like Team 5 is incapable of making learned balance decisions. That plus Brann never getting nerfed in the past makes me think someone on the dev team is absolutely against nerfing him.
I'm assuming that the Explorers will not be back in next year's Core and the attitude about Brann is that 'Eh he's fine in Wild. No point to trying to figure out a balance jusr for four monthsof play.'

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Concoction Rogue is really fun. I just wish there were a better way to close out games other than Sinstone Graveyard and Draka, which create potentially busted early turns. I feel dirty when that happens.

With as long as those turns take, it's best if they're early tbh. It's not nearly as aggravating to lose early like that as it is to watch somebody durdle for ten+ turns.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

With most classes Denathrius feels all right, but not 10 mana with Astalor right there. With Druid nothing changes since the problem is Brann more than anything and it's still doing stupid combo kill damage.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

mcbexx posted:

Man these things are always at a terrible early morning time for me. I started watching and the stream stopped 15 mins before I qualified for the first pack.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

victorious posted:

Man these things are always at a terrible early morning time for me. I started watching and the stream stopped 15 mins before I qualified for the first pack.

itll go again tomorrow

sadly the event is happening over in France so yeah the time slot is pretty bad for NA

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Excelzior posted:

itll go again tomorrow

sadly the event is happening over in France so yeah the time slot is pretty bad for NA

I'm not in NA either, so those events often also don't work for me. :argh:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Couldn't you just load up the streamer's page before you go to bed so you'll be "watching" it overnight?

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Nah, it looks like you need to claim it before the event ends - I left Thijs open while I was running errands and it's gone. It's running again tomorrow from 8AM - 2PM EST, though

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

When Pigs Cry posted:

Nah, it looks like you need to claim it before the event ends - I left Thijs open while I was running errands and it's gone. It's running again tomorrow from 8AM - 2PM EST, though

Usually drops can be claimed like up to 30 days after an event, given that you did the watchtime

I've done the overnight+mute thing before and it worked fine

Check your twitch account's drops page directly to see your progress/to claim

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Okay, yeah, I'm a dumbass. I probably just missed that first pack if the event ended that early. hosed up that twitch doesn't show watch time on closed campaigns

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

When Pigs Cry posted:

Okay, yeah, I'm a dumbass. I probably just missed that first pack if the event ended that early. hosed up that twitch doesn't show watch time on closed campaigns

They do though. That's the closed campaign from today showing that I still need to watch 19 minutes to get a drop. If only I'd put the stream on 20 minutes earlier...

e: had anyone here been playing quest DH otk? I just can't win with it, but it is fun. Right now I'm trying the list with Jace and Fury instead of the deathrattle weapon and peddler. Just getting rolled by any board pressure.

fanny packrat fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 11, 2022

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Couldn't you just load up the streamer's page before you go to bed so you'll be "watching" it overnight?

Yeah I might give this a try tonight.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Deathrattle Rogue seems like the new hotness, and goodness it's effective at shutting down Blood DKs:

### Deathrattle Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 2x (1) Door of Shadows
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 2x (1) Shattershambler
# 2x (2) Forsaken Lieutenant
# 2x (2) Serrated Bone Spike
# 2x (3) Sketchy Information
# 2x (3) Snowfall Graveyard
# 1x (4) Counterfeit Blade
# 2x (4) Scourge Illusionist
# 2x (4) Swiftscale Trickster
# 2x (5) Burning Blade Acolyte
# 2x (5) Infectious Ghoul
# 1x (8) Invincible
# 2x (8) Smokescreen
#
AAECAaIHAo30A9+iBQ716APT8wO9gAT3nwT8pQT9rAS3swTVtgSJ0gTj0wT03QT13QShkwW4mAUA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

You want to try and get Scourge Illusionist to make you a 4-mana Invincible, and you can get a few extra shots at that with Sketchy Information (Scourge Illusionist is the only minion in the deck that spell will find). So ideally you'd want to mulligan away any Illusionists in your opening hand so you can find them with Sketchy Information, because if there are none left in the deck that spell is just a dead card.

Doesn't seem super effective against most other archetypes, although I've heard some Priest players saying it works well against what they're doing.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think 3 blood dk is super overrated.

Something like 2 blood 1 unholy or 2 unholy 1 blood with all the discover cards you can fit and the neutral finishers of brann/astalor/insatiable devourer/denathrius has felt a lot more consistent and well-rounded

kater
Nov 16, 2010

won as uub against 3b that got off at least 5 vamp bloods, finished with 77 corpses. i don't know how long i looked away from the screen for but i noticed i was at 15 hp at one point.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Olpainless posted:

Just mage things.

Praise Yogg.

i've had Rommath loving stop pinging my face so it can cast rune of archmage and not be terrible for a moment and then get back to hitting me in the face.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
the Fel DH concept is a lot of fun

None of the three minions are actually present in the deck b/c of the Souleater's Scythe, so you get all the "if your deck has no minions" boosts

it all depends on draw order like every other deck, but when you can stream Relic Vaults into stupid value it's incredible, and you can also just hide the Silvermoon Archanist (+2 spell damage) for a massive damage turn in the mid-late game

### Fel Demon Hunter
# Class: Demonhunter
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Relic of Extinction
# 2x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 2x (1) Unleash Fel
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Mark of Scorn
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 1x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 2x (3) Relic of Phantasms
# 1x (3) Silvermoon Arcanist
# 2x (4) Fel'dorei Warband
# 1x (4) Souleater's Scythe
# 2x (5) Deal with a Devil
# 2x (5) Relic of Dimensions
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 1x (8) Artificer Xy'mox
# 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
#
AAECAea5AwaN9wOHiwSDnwSq3QSVkgWdpAUMwvEDifcDivcDtp8Er94EsN4EquIEheUEhpIFiZIFi5IFkJIFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

mcbexx posted:

Part 2 started about 30 mins ago, just a reminder for the US early birds.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

huh, twitch is currently showing that today is a separate drops session, either this is a bug or it's packs 3 and 4 today. I guess we'll find out in a few hours~

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

AnacondaHL posted:

huh, twitch is currently showing that today is a separate drops session, either this is a bug or it's packs 3 and 4 today. I guess we'll find out in a few hours~

It's weird. Thijs just had to disable his drops due to "hackers invading the channel" and apparently he can't turn it back on (I was on 98% :argh:).

On the other channels drops still work, but I'm at the 68% of the second drop from yesterday.

So I'd wager Thijs messed up and set his channel to "two new drops today", got told people can't have nice things and had to turn it off.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I got a fresh 2 hour pack from watching solary this morning, now at 50% into the 2nd pack for the 2nd day

hearthstone Twitch drops are such a clusterfuck

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Twitch had it set as two packs each day for two days when I looked at progress yesterday. But maybe that was wrong!

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

I had 80% progress on the first pack carried over from yesterday, left my laptop on Solary's channel overnight and woke up to claim 2 packs and no progress on any more.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

victorious posted:

I had 80% progress on the first pack carried over from yesterday, left my laptop on Solary's channel overnight and woke up to claim 2 packs and no progress on any more.

I had 68% on my 2nd pack yesterday and then Thijs logged off. Booted up today and now have 1% on an entirely new pack.

Maybe you can only get 2 packs for both days but progress doesn't carry over from day to day.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

yea I got a pack yesterday, and two packs today.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Here's my favorite DK deck so far

### Unholy Tokens
# Class: Death Knight
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Body Bagger
# 2x (1) Noxious Cadaver
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Battlefield Necromancer
# 2x (2) Maze Guide
# 2x (2) Necrotic Mortician
# 1x (3) Blightfang
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Soulbreaker
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (4) Tomb Guardians
# 2x (5) Army of the Dead
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) Patchwerk
# 2x (8) Boneguard Commander
# 2x (9) Insatiable Devourer
# 1x (9) The Scourge
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAECAfHhBAqm7wOoigTp0ASY1ASJ5gSX7wSk7wTa8QTipAXNpQUPlugDlrcEs90E6uMEkOQEkeQEseYE4O0E0/EE1fEEh/YEsvcEs/cEvvcEopkFAA==
#

Lots of minions to contest the board early with, which gives you enough corpses to have your midgame Tomb Guardians/Army of the Dead activated, and then you're almost guaranteed to have an infused sylvanas/devourer when you need one. Lots of discover for OP cards from other runes. Denathrius might not be the closer he once was but you can still get him pretty beefed up with boneguard commander/scourge

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Funny how people throw fits over Druid while Deathrattle Rogue can have a self-sustaining board of seven 5/4 ghouls on turn 4.

Managed that on my first go with the deck and made a Jim Halpert face at the non-existing camera crew.

Edit: 2nd game.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 11, 2022

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Anachronos has proven to be a solid card so far. Opponents don't know what to do when it comes down. You can almost hear them trying to decide if they should keep playing minions or hold off until their minions return. With Flight of the Bronze, bronze explorer and the amalgam, it's often easy to discover a second one too and repeat the confusion. Such a cool combination of art, function and flavor.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

mcbexx posted:

Funny how people throw fits over Druid while Deathrattle Rogue can have a self-sustaining board of seven 5/4 ghouls on turn 4.

Managed that on my first go with the deck and made a Jim Halpert face at the non-existing camera crew.

Edit: 2nd game.

Could you post your deck? I've been experimenting with this and haven't quite found the right balance of cards.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Mr Beens posted:

Could you post your deck? I've been experimenting with this and haven't quite found the right balance of cards.

I had a variant with two Stoneborn Generals instead of the Serrated Bone Spikes, but that did not work out quite as well.

People (me included) have a really hard time figuring out the cascading Infectious Ghoul.
To be fair, if the opponent has no silence (Starfish is a thing after all and I expect to see it way more often shortly), it just snowballs into utter chaos, even more so when Snowfall Graveyard is still up.

Exhibit A

https://i.imgur.com/MsmluOR.mp4

Exhibit B (I will concede that he knew exactly what he was doing and might have tried to rope me into skipping my turn)

https://i.imgur.com/G1VMhb6.mp4

Exhibit C - sorry, fellow human rogue

https://i.imgur.com/33UXCFz.mp4

### DrDRDrDRDR
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Door of Shadows
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 2x (1) Shattershambler
# 1x (8) Invincible
# 2x (8) Smokescreen
#
#

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 12, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mcbexx posted:

I had a variant with two Stoneborn Generals instead of the Serrated Bone Spikes, but that did not work out quite as well.

People (me included) have a really hard time figuring out the cascading Infectious Ghoul.
To be fair, if the opponent has no silence (Starfish is a thing after all and I expect to see it way more often shortly), it just snowballs into utter chaos, even more so when Snowfall Graveyard is still up.

Exhibit A

https://i.imgur.com/MsmluOR.mp4

Exhibit B (I will concede that he knew exactly what he was doing and might have tried to rope me into skipping my turn)

https://i.imgur.com/G1VMhb6.mp4

### DrDRDrDRDR
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Door of Shadows
# 2x (1) Gone Fishin'
# 2x (1) Shattershambler
# 1x (8) Invincible
# 2x (8) Smokescreen
#
#

okay this is extremely my kind of deck thanks for the list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Death Knight is loving hilariously broken. Just like. Wow. They don't even try to hide it anymore. Yeah, they're all OP! Deal!