Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He probably only wanted Elton to tell him what disinformation he believed was being presented so he could get claim those as the ones fighting back against the gay agenda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Haha, what the gently caress.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1602028153777451008

Jesus Christ. I know we already knew it, but it's weird to receive such a blunt reminder that this idiot not only genuinely believes Twitter is a fundamental cornerstone of modern-day civilization, but to protect it he must give free rein to rightwing shitheads (as he himself is a rightwing shithead)

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 11, 2022

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I am glad that viva Frie payed the $8.99 to get the blue checkmark

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

The speed at which the US forgets things like a sitting Speaker of the House’s spouse getting attacked in their own home is astounding. Reckless and potentially harmful. But if you never have to face consequences…

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
so, at this point, no one actually thinks Elon Musk is a smart man.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Correct.

Troubling.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Oh, cool. He doesn't just think the Nazis are cool and good, he thinks they're so cool and good that human civilization will straight-up collapse if we don't go along with their plans to build a white Christian theocracy. Lovely.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Oh, cool. He doesn't just think the Nazis are cool and good, he thinks they're so cool and good that human civilization will straight-up collapse if we don't go along with their plans to build a white Christian theocracy. Lovely.

his father owned a slave mine. of course he is a Nazi

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Sounds suspiciously like the Silicon Valley techbro 'effective altruism' philosophy, which for some of them is:
1) We should do what benefits the greatest number of people
2) Future lives are equal in value to current lives
3) Being the smartest people on earth, we probably could stop some evil future AI I made up in my head and stop it from slaughtering trillions.
Therefore, we're saving trillions of lives by sitting around in mansions imagining how to stop future AI's we just imagined, so we're doing charity!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I, for one, am shocked that the white South African Apartheid beneficiary, who has never given a clear statement regarding his stance on Apartheid, turned out to be a total fuckin' Nazi

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

not enough to be a nazi, gotta jump on the qanon/antivax train too. tomorrow's nyt: musk says he wants fauci to be prosecuted for creating the coronavirus, but where does he stand on dr anthony fauci?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

No. There will be thousands, probably millions, who this episode of madness never touches and they will only ever think of Elon as that billionaire (and therefore smart) guy who invented electric cars and reusable rockets.

They might change their opinions if he publicly explodes in a fountain of conspiracy madness, but that would need absolute and consistent news coverage that can no longer exist.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Underwhelmed posted:

If he ever actually rides in a Tesla, we might get an Earnhardt.

Appropriate as he only seems capable of going to the right.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Elon Musk pee pee doo doo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

I, for one, am shocked that the white South African Apartheid beneficiary, who has never given a clear statement regarding his stance on Apartheid, turned out to be a total fuckin' Nazi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4vIBijzg4w

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Jesus Christ. I know we already knew it, but it's weird to receive such a blunt reminder that this idiot not only genuinely believes Twitter is a fundamental cornerstone of modern-day civilization, but to protect it he must give free rein to rightwing shitheads (as he himself is a rightwing shithead)

This dumbass has a messiah complex.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I used to always say that I couldn't wait till Musk Event Horizon'd himself, but I take that back.

I can't wait to see him go out Challenger style. Christ, he sucks so much poo poo.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Fauci jeopardized the entire planet lmao

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Buce posted:

not enough to be a nazi, gotta jump on the qanon/antivax train too. tomorrow's nyt: musk says he wants fauci to be prosecuted for creating the coronavirus, but where does he stand on dr anthony fauci?

qanon/antivax poo poo is what nazis are into when they're trying to take a break from thinking up ways to genocide non-whites and non-christians

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i would like to reiterate, death to nazis

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
now, now, let's give Elon the benefit of the doubt here . Maybe he's not racist just super conservative. Why yes I just fell off the back of a turnip truck. Why do you ask?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Elon's following a similar trajectory to Trump: Funny for a while, but now I'm just ready for him to gently caress off forever.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Believing Twitter is fundamental to civilization should get you involuntarily committed

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Handsome Ralph posted:

I used to always say that I couldn't wait till Musk Event Horizon'd himself, but I take that back.

I can't wait to see him go out Challenger style. Christ, he sucks so much poo poo.

he ain't the emperor

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mx. posted:

i would like to reiterate, death to nazis

Careful, the mods don't like threats of violence.

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
One thing I started wondering about was why Elons parents took him and the blood diamond money to the US. Did that happen because Apartheid was ending?
Like could there be an alternate timeline where Mandela died at Robben Island and that poo poo stayed around so that family of shits stayed around?
Would loving suck for South-Africans but the rest of us wouldn't have to deal with all this nonsense since Musky wouldn't have been able to start any of it from there.

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I guess “We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children,” was a little too on-the-nose.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A farting mink posted:

One thing I started wondering about was why Elons parents took him and the blood diamond money to the US. Did that happen because Apartheid was ending?

Exploiting the un(der)developed world is all about sucking the wealth in resources and cheap labour out and then spending those gains in the first world. Living where you make money is for poor people.

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

goatface posted:

Exploiting the un(der)developed world is all about sucking the wealth in resources and cheap labour out and then spending those gains in the first world. Living where you make money is for poor people.

Yeah, and they were making bank back there. Does anyone know if they moved because the times where changing?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

There Bias Two posted:

This dumbass has a messiah complex.

Someone should get through to him that becoming a martyr is a much more effective way to advance the cause

For the future of civilization and all that

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

A farting mink posted:

Yeah, and they were making bank back there. Does anyone know if they moved because the times where changing?

Did they actually sell up? I assumed they still owned the Zambian mines.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

A farting mink posted:

We basically have to rely on the musk family for information about the early days, and a lot of it is lies and exaggeration as expected. Example is their share in an (eventually defunct) emerald mine stuff, which was just a short throwaway comment his dad made during an interview. His dad says they were rich, while elon and his mom say they were not.

Tldr: it doesn't matter, gently caress all of them

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Hobo Clown posted:

Someone should get through to him that becoming a martyr is a much more effective way to advance the cause

For the future of civilization and all that

I mean if he is really against AI, getting mowed down by one of his lovely cars in self drive mode would do it I think.

Kale
May 14, 2010

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Hmm only 12 words

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
That motherfucker is so online he literally believes civilization would crumble without Twitter and his hilarious stolen memes.

Jesus loving Christ, gently caress off to Mars already.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
we must protect twitter for the something of our how many words am i up to?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I hope grimes gets full custody of the kid, zune-gizmondo-ngage.

Musk doesn't want custody. He's said its the women's job to take care of the kids and he just brings them on vacations when they're older.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Every one of Elon’s dipshit, brain dead posts has a bunch of blue-check lefties either responding directly or subtweeting him, as if this burn is the one that is going to finally make him realize he’s wrong!

Just… loving leave. There’s nothing you can say or do that is going to convince him or any of his drooling sycophants that he and they are wrong. Just leave, and when Twitter is nothing but Nazis posting stonetoss comics and reciting the 14 words back and forth to each other, the advertising will dry up as well.

But then I guess the Jeff Tiedrichs and BrooklynDad_Defiant!s won’t get the sweet rush of getting retweets and QTs so no, we have to let this dumb cesspit continue to function. It’s all variations of the same brainworms.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

A farting mink posted:

Like could there be an alternate timeline where Mandela died at Robben Island and that poo poo stayed around so that family of shits stayed around?
Would loving suck for South-Africans but the rest of us wouldn't have to deal with all this nonsense since Musky wouldn't have been able to start any of it from there.

get hosed Nazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Freaquency posted:

Every one of Elon’s dipshit, brain dead posts has a bunch of blue-check lefties either responding directly or subtweeting him, as if this burn is the one that is going to finally make him realize he’s wrong!

Just… loving leave. There’s nothing you can say or do that is going to convince him or any of his drooling sycophants that he and they are wrong. Just leave, and when Twitter is nothing but Nazis posting stonetoss comics and reciting the 14 words back and forth to each other, the advertising will dry up as well.

But then I guess the Jeff Tiedrichs and BrooklynDad_Defiant!s won’t get the sweet rush of getting retweets and QTs so no, we have to let this dumb cesspit continue to function. It’s all variations of the same brainworms.

Yeah I've never gotten that poo poo from any of the culture warriors of twitter period. Like how is declaring ratio or posting a vindictive meme of some guy you like doing something awful to someone you don't like going to actually make it come true somehow assuming that's the goal. It's at absolute best a case of magical thing and at absolute worst a childlike understanding of how the world works that twitter and to a larger extent mainstream social media seems to have instilled in far too many of it's users with this whole idea of the "dunk" or "owning" someone.