Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 56 - Only One Dragon

It all ends tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
:neckbeard:
Yaaaaaaaaay
Also, I had the same reaction as Grace to Sagawa's ending

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
And then there was Sagawa. The hit team didn't miss him and neither will we.

Just Winging It fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 11, 2022

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

I felt a little bad for Sagawa at the end, if only because when he wasn't being a crimelord rear end in a top hat because of the pressures also coming down on him, he was a little kinder and wanted to be a little fatherly toward Majima. It doesn't justify anything he did and Majima was entirely right to throw all that "boss and your best friend" bullshit of Sagawa's back in his face. But he had hints of (wanting to be) a better person occasionally shining through the cracks, kind of like how the "good guy" yakuza on Kiryu's side still have hints of being very bad people shining through the cracks of an affable exterior.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Baseball Bat > needles and swords. An important life lesson.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Sagawa was self aware enough to know he was in a prequel story and he wasn't coming out alive in the end, it's only funny in how sudden it was but then again, if you are the sworn brother of the guy who blew your boss away then you are gonna take the fall.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Yeah. To speak more seriously about the ending, it is a prequel and suffers a bit from that in the "makes sense" department. All this insanity and then Kiryu just goes back and rejoins the yakuza, and the Dojima family specifically? And still manages to get recognized and climb the ranks even a bit instead of relegated to the shittiest poo poo-work they can possibly find? Guys, you broke the reset button when you slammed it with that hammer. That said, it pretty much had to be about the Dojima family and its role in the larger Tojo Clan anyway because as I recall Yakuza 1 originally just kind of threw you into the deep end of the intrigues and did not do a very good job telling you who was whom and why you should care. Even Kiwami 1 just assumes you'll have played Y0 - which you should have, despite its flaws it's so loving good.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You turds really saw the savage rear end whooping I laid onto Shibusawa and nobody had anything to say about it, people online say you should unlock Dragon style to even stand a chance but I'm too epic for that

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 57 - Are YOU Serious?

We recorded this on November 19th, after already starting another LP due to the massive backlog :frog: I like Yakuza

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Give Daisuke, the real final boss of the game, a savage asswhooping and we'll talk.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

You turds really saw the savage rear end whooping I laid onto Shibusawa and nobody had anything to say about it, people online say you should unlock Dragon style to even stand a chance but I'm too epic for that

He made the foolish mistake of deciding to try and beat you at the tables and chairs game. Though I dimly remember people complaining about the assassin too, and you were not baffled that breakdancing can't block weapons so good.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Real reason to unlock Dragon style is to beat Shibusawa at his own game. Match it and show him who's the real boss.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 58 - Take Them Off

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1601653650685829131

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I am too weak to use joke shoes for longer than like, an hour tops :negative:

Also, cruel reminders of one of the petty grievances I have in videogames. Games making a big deal about unlocking disarming moves, when everyone you really want to disarm is either immune or keeps pulling out spares.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Everyone knows Kiryu gets his power from being a volcel :hai:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

If you had gotten the mew shoes earlier then you could have worn them during the climactic fight against Shibusawa.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Judge Tesla posted:

If you had gotten the mew shoes earlier then you could have worn them during the climactic fight against Shibusawa.

Farming Mr Shakedown special feature?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 59 - Woo!

Yeah I think I got a chance at this

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I should mention that people reacting to the famous Mr Hands video was a cornerstone of early youtube.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 60 - Pocky Cuircey

None of you little nerds can beat me, I'm a real estate mogul

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 61 - Great White

I don't think Sushi Gin guy was expecting this

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 62 - Microsoft Shower

I accidentally doubled the game audio for these three episodes, so it'll sound kinda weird :negative: sorry

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

The true final boss: BOWLING.

Also the doubled sound is... kind of neat? I understand not wanting it constantly, but also Kiryu double-batting a man to death extensive dental work sounds oddly gratifying.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 63 - Nugget

WE GOT HIM

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

lol at the last 15 minutes of that episode. Let's Play Dan & Grace's Personal Phone Calls

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
poo poo I forgot there was an episode I had to edit, I'll fix it when I'm off work

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

lol at the last 15 minutes of that episode. Let's Play Dan & Grace's Personal Phone Calls

I wondered why it was yanked so quickly.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:Old Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 63 - Nugget

Okay there we go, I meant to do it when I got home from work last night but then I opened Dwarf Fortress and forgot

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
And also...

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 64 - Coffee and Ice Cream

Here's the episode that was gonna be released too :toot:

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Can you fire Marina? Judgment Kazzy is the most dignified as a man can get.

Also next episode: Kiryu attends a mandatory seminar on appropriate workplace conduct.

Just Winging It fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 22, 2022

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 65 - More Than One Kind Of, Uh

Marina we've been reporting our taxes right

Marina

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

I laughed so hard I almost cried at "I'm gonna bisexual sandwich your parents" Thank you for that :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 66 - Objection!

Nothing gets by us :smuggo:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 67 - It's The Really Problematic Pizza Subquest!!!

I like the "haha funny pizza" part of the quest and really hate the "some sex trafficking is okay" part

Whammiewazzle
Apr 29, 2016

That was especially galling considering there is a substory in Yakuza 5 that starts identically to this one, but goes straight to the sex trafficking bit and ends with you beating the poo poo out of the traffickers and handing them over to the cops.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

But it's so romantic.

Excuse me, now fighting the impulse to chop my own hands off for typing that. Jesus.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I completely blocked this sidequest out of my memory, I guess, because I just watched it and I still don't remember doing it. And I did all the sidequests.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

disposablewords posted:

But it's so romantic.

That was how you were intended to feel about the side quest but we all know how that went.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
The Pleasure Kings "haha man-in-a-dress"-gag, as lovely and transphobic as it is, is just that. An unfunny joke that was depressingly common until quite recently when the general public finally started to pick up on criticisms from mainly trans people why it's so lovely. Marrying your sex traficker because he "really loves you and took your passports, coerced you in to sex work and threatens to have you deported to show that" is just hosed up and a mystery how that made it into the game.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 68 - Normal People Clothes

Marina you're a poo poo judge of character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I wouldn't put the nervous guy who pisses himself during interviews as street security myself but Kiryu probably knows what he's doing.