Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Or copying him via blood doesn't give her his stock of quirks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

AFO is entirely confident in being able to beat the heroes in the current situation, and I think the last thing he'd want is a bunch of clones of himself and/or Shiggy that are just as strong, just more fragile. I don't think Toga's copy power gives her any of the personality of the person she's copying (quirk ghosts might change that) but the one thing all the villains have in common is they're mentally unhinged so it's just not a good idea to give them that much power unless they've been groomed for it/you are psychically controlling them to some extent, as he did/is with Shiggy.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

so how long is bakugo gonna be dead before he finally gets brought back? six months irl, half an hour in-comic?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Delphisage posted:

So Toga shapeshifted into Froppy for a couple panels and all it accomplishes is to confuse the readers as to what's going on.

Yup. The pacing is so completely hosed at this point. It feels like Hori slammed on the accelerator and we're along for the ride, but also we're wearing a blindfold and Hori is occasionally lifting it for a second at a time.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

One foot flooring the accelerator, one hand yanking the e-brake

Alternatively, it's like Hori suddenly switched from Automatic to Manual without learning the difference

:iiaca:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
To me it's like hori had a manuscript for the whole final arc and tripped while taking it to the office and dropped it, then picked it up and it was completely hosed up and out of order and he decided "eh, gently caress it" and turned it in

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just want at least one of these goddamn interminable fights to actually, finally pay off, please hori, my family is dying

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Toga might not love AfO or Shiggy enough to use their quirks. Her "love" for Ochako was how she first unlocked the ability after all.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Arist posted:

I just want at least one of these goddamn interminable fights to actually, finally pay off, please hori, my family is dying

Hey Spinner's fight ended. That's gotta count for something, right?

Wonder if Toga and Dabi realize that Spinner is a mush brained corpse at this point?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Part of the issue with the pacing is the frequent breaks (which I don't at all begrudge), which makes it harder to remember what's going on.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

also absolutely wild choice to remind me mushroom girl exists unless you're about to let her completely no-sell sad man's parade. like just shuffle her offscreen quietly, it's not like she needs a cameo

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Rhonne posted:

Nope. Spinner's only been beat up a bit, and he wasn't even fought at full power by Present Mic. That means he's still involved in this, and will probably get used as a plot point death to piss off Shigaraki even more.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Arist posted:

Tune in next week when we cut to Aoyama's fight against... whoever that guy is that called him a traitor.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Valentin posted:

also absolutely wild choice to remind me mushroom girl exists unless you're about to let her completely no-sell sad man's parade. like just shuffle her offscreen quietly, it's not like she needs a cameo

At this point, no one in Class B is getting the spotlight except for Monoma.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Maybe Sound Effect guy has a secret weapon for AFO.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Oh, okay, that makes more sense now.

I love when a manga's sequential art is so hosed that I need someone in a dead Internet forum to explain to me what the gently caress is going on during a fight.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

bobjr posted:

Yes, he will yell "Fus Ro Dah" and yeet AFO into outer space.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

bobjr posted:

he'll make the sound effect of a woman tied up to train tracks screaming, and AFO won't be able to resist his cartoonishly evil bad guy instincts to find it and twirl his moustache, luring him into a trap

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maybe Ochako with a touch based quirk like Shigiraki will follow the same thought line and just send everyone to space by touching the ground.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

Maybe Ochako with a touch based quirk like Shigiraki will follow the same thought line and just send everyone to space by touching the ground.

What happens if you make the Earth weightless.....

She causes the Earth to fall out of the sun's orbit

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Sounds like Horikoshi's gone so far as daring to copy that Froppy

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Delphisage posted:

So Toga shapeshifted into Froppy for a couple panels and all it accomplishes is to confuse the readers as to what's going on.
This feels like some Aizen bullshit

Rhonne posted:

Wonder if Toga and Dabi realize that Spinner is a mush brained corpse at this point?
No, we'll cut back to a fight that by all means should've been resolved between Spinner and the other two guys to pad this manga for no reason

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Dec 12, 2022

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The best thing that has happened with this comic in a while is that girl getting the "Bakugao died" airbrush Tshirt at the boardwalk.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Eggplant Squire posted:

The best thing that has happened with this comic in a while is that girl getting the "Bakugao died" airbrush Tshirt at the boardwalk.

Don't forget it said "RIP Bozo"

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Eggplant Squire posted:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

Don't forget it said "RIP Bozo"

It was amazing for the brief week where he was dead

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Eggplant Squire posted:

It was amazing for the brief week where he was dead

It really was

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Remember when the hacker guy was sending the civilians to the surface and a bunch of Liberation Army sleeper agents were getting ready to attack? That feels like something we should have checked back in on by now.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

It'll flow 'better' without the wait between chapters, but the constant hopping around is not helping for me personally because I forget details like "AFO's fight was taking place above a bunch of smaller fights".

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Didn't one of the Star Wars movies have, like, 5 or 6 concurrent but completely separate climactic scenes? And none of them were good? Maybe this is another homage.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rhonne posted:

Remember when the hacker guy was sending the civilians to the surface and a bunch of Liberation Army sleeper agents were getting ready to attack? That feels like something we should have checked back in on by now.

Honestly no

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MHA is getting a live action movie it seems:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/netflix-boards-my-hero-academia-live-action-movie-legendary-1235280318/

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lmao

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
Im gonna play deku

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Plus they already made this movie back in 2005, it was called Sky High

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I can't wait to watch Midoriya realistically shatter his arms every fight.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

FireWorksWell posted:

It'll flow 'better' without the wait between chapters, but the constant hopping around is not helping for me personally because I forget details like "AFO's fight was taking place above a bunch of smaller fights".

It's actually the anime adaptation I'm most curious about. The show's currently working overtime to get the previous most-chaotic-arc to fit a television format, and the finale arc will be an even harder task. They're absolutely going to have to rearrange some chapters and maybe the order of events themselves to avoid each episode having to intercut six different fights.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I hope they do something completely different and off the wall with it. Because I'm remembering season 1 and how terribly it was paced because there just weren't any natural stopping points.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Imagining a pad of paper somewhere in Legendary studios's office that just has My Hero Academia, followed by "Chris Pratt?" and it's been circled a bunch of times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Imagining a pad of paper somewhere in Legendary studios's office that just has My Hero Academia, followed by "Chris Pratt?" and it's been circled a bunch of times.

He's a natural for Twice so they can CG in a million Chris Pratts.