Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Blaziken386 posted:

really, truly wish that Lets Go battles would give EVs to pokemon

the fact that EV training is either "spend 500,000 per pokemon" OR the old method of fighting pokemon one at a time is kinda painful. I thought we were past this, gamefreak

Well with the power items you at least gain 9+ EVs at a time. But ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Let's Go not giving EVs is better because of how often some other dolt pokemon will just trundle into the area and get murdered by your buddy and then I just hope you have found enough of the right kind of -EV berries to cover it.

Not being able to grow berries is a big gently caress up also.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah Let's Go not giving EV is intentional I'm sure to give players better control. Fighting ~64 mons to max out ~5 pokes at a time is honestly not that bad imo

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Is Pokerus in the game?

snohax
May 30, 2011

Flopsy posted:

So I'm just going to drop this here since I'm casting a wide net at the moment. I caught three shiny paradox mons today and I'm completely on board with trading them for three love balls and/or a toedscool, a Rellor and a Flamigo already in them. If nobody has any at the moment that's fine but there's a Scream Tail and two Brute Bonnets ready to go at any time if anyone's interested.

If you still need them, I can hook you up with these and will happily take one of those Brute Bonnets.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
my brain groans and says Berry Salesman and Lady Clear II will show up in the DLC zone but my heart just lmaos

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
with credits rolling, and after careful consideration, i have decided: this is the best pokemon game every made

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Scholtz posted:

Is Pokerus in the game?

Apparently not!

Not sure why, some people have speculated it's related to recent virus-related things but also Arceus and BDSP came out this year so I dunno.

With accessible power items, only open world encounters and sandwich powers to influence spawns it doesn't actually feel that daunting to EV train this gen, though.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

blizzardvizard posted:

Yeah Let's Go not giving EV is intentional I'm sure to give players better control. Fighting ~64 mons to max out ~5 pokes at a time is honestly not that bad imo
to be fair I was picturing lets go battles with encounter 3 sandwiches, where basically nothing but the thing you're looking for spawns. I hadn't considered that.

but also: i am psychologically incapable of waiting to EV train pokemon until I have a full team that I need to train up, I need to make them competitively viable ASAP. (also you'd need to buy 5 of each EV item, which sucks)

anyways I now have a EV & Hyper Trained Shiny Hydreigon, so thats fun. (once again, still no roaring moon despite seven cumulative hours of searching, but hydreigon is one of my faves, so i'm not entirely mad.)

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

snohax posted:

If you still need them, I can hook you up with these and will happily take one of those Brute Bonnets.

God bless you good sir! I am very down for this exchange. Please PM me and we can start ironing out details. If you'd like any more shiny pokemon feel free to ask I have no problem if you'd like another two to go with your new Brute Bonnet.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

to be fair I was picturing lets go battles with encounter 3 sandwiches, where basically nothing but the thing you're looking for spawns. I hadn't considered that.

but also: i am psychologically incapable of waiting to EV train pokemon until I have a full team that I need to train up, I need to make them competitively viable ASAP. (also you'd need to buy 5 of each EV item, which sucks)

anyways I now have a EV & Hyper Trained Shiny Hydreigon, so thats fun. (once again, still no roaring moon despite seven cumulative hours of searching, but hydreigon is one of my faves, so i'm not entirely mad.)

I wish I could send you Herba mystica man but the game doesn't allow it. That's a very nice shiny and I'm sorry it's giving you so much trouble. Once I get my affairs in order I'll do another shiny paradox hunt and if I catch one you'll be the first person I give it to okay?

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Dec 12, 2022

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

really, truly wish that Lets Go battles would give EVs to pokemon

the fact that EV training is either "spend 500,000 per pokemon" OR the old method of fighting pokemon one at a time is kinda painful. I thought we were past this, gamefreak

Oh drat lol, I had assumed they did because otherwise what’s the loving point over making [insert TM here] something you keep crafting instead of just doing twenty LG fights for the materials and have it be one and done.

Also still earlygame but I jumped to the other side of this river I saw on the way to bug gym and now I’m overleveled even after cycling out like half my team for new guys? Oh well, it’s more palatable if it’s because the game shoved a bunch of greatest hits guys like Goomy and Rilou in my face. What level do you have to be for the zones where Ditto live to not just get horribly slaughtered when trying to flee non-ditto fights? I kinda wanna start breeding starters/version exclusives…

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

I love otters, and this game heavily made up for a paradoxically otter-less Galar by having it filled with Buizels everywhere.

This is the best Pokémon game.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Raising my cool and cute Ralts, trying to ignore the entire internet

I liked gardevoir before you perverts!!!!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Couple of days later and I still can't stop thinking about how awesome all of the Area Zero arc was.

It's a shame that this game's performance issues will cause people to stop the game before they experience it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Kirios posted:

Couple of days later and I still can't stop thinking about how awesome all of the Area Zero arc was.

It's a shame that this game's performance issues will cause people to stop the game before they experience it.

I can't even say that's the ultimate tragedy of the crunch because it's actively ruining peoples lives. But you can tell genuine love and attention was put into this. Imagine if it had just another year to develop--it's really sad.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I’m enjoying the game a lot, however I have to say one of the most baffling and poor design decisions is the lack of scaling or world design leading you to level appropriate areas.Even just giving level ranges on the map for different story beats would have been a huge improvement.

It’s fun to run into a cave full of high level Pokémon, but it isn’t fun to challenge a titan only to find they one-shot your strongest Pokémon, then slowly switch through your entire team waiting to die. The same thing happened with me and the gym leader I wasn’t tough enough to take on. Really no idea why the world was implemented in this way

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I think a lot of people forget that you can talk to Nurse Joy and she will tell you where your pokemon are the proper level for

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Scholtz posted:

I think a lot of people forget that you can talk to Nurse Joy and she will tell you where your pokemon are the proper level for

I thought she just told you the nearest badge

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Flopsy posted:

I wish I could send you Herba mystica man but the game doesn't allow it. That's a very nice shiny and I'm sorry it's giving you so much trouble. Once I get my affairs in order I'll do another shiny paradox hunt and if I catch one you'll be the first person I give it to okay?
this is very kind of you, however: i havent updated because i love glitch abuse, and also i wont be satisfied until i can catch roaring moon in a friend ball, because the color scheme is literally perfect

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

thetoughestbean posted:

I thought she just told you the nearest badge

This. I've seen lots of people getting send to the Bug Gym then the Dark Base and then the Ground Titan and getting murdered because the last one is level 44.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Found a shiny slowpoke snoozing under a tree by the big lake. One of those "is the lighting weird here or is it shiny?" moments. That's 5 now and I don't even have the shiny charm yet.

Then later narrowly beat a 5* Electric Slowbro tera raid. It was really exhilarating to succeed because we avoided having any faints with well-timed use of heal powers, and we were down to the last few seconds! It is annoying that I don't currently have any decent ground type coverage on my team so it is difficult to do well in electric type raids (I make do with Meowscarada)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

with credits rolling, and after careful consideration, i have decided: this is the best pokemon game every made

this

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

This. I've seen lots of people getting send to the Bug Gym then the Dark Base and then the Ground Titan and getting murdered because the last one is level 44.

Yeah she wanted me to fight Eri when my dudes were level 30 and I didn't even see the ice mountain or Larry or anything yet. It's even in my post history that I couldn't figure out how to get there because I wasn't anywhere close to it as I didn't have mountain climbing or anything lol

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

shiny garchomp unfortunately isn't as striking as shiny gible, and instead is one of those "is that a shiny or is the lighting in this part of the cave just funny"

that's a lot like my shiny paldean tauros i caught yesterday

(third shiny I found, first was a blue klawf I couldnt even battle because a skiddo got in my way and after I ran, i was riding miraidon by the canyon wall and I somehow glitched into the canyon, so I was stuck looking at a shiny I couldn't reach because of an invisible wall. reset the game and a few minutes later, found a shiny murkrow but another murkrow got in my way and after I ran from it, as I was approaching the shiny, it just disappeared on me.)

probably 60 hrs into the game, and only about to face the last gym cause i've been savoring the experience and I don't really have any desire to play other games. been fun and different, esp since I came all the way back from X/Y

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
How often do y'all decline to catch raid mons?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

big black turnout posted:

How often do y'all decline to catch raid mons?

Never, catching all of them. Running out of space in my Teratype boxes though, so some will have to go soon.

I wish shiny Paldean Tauros were white.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Calico Heart posted:

I’m enjoying the game a lot, however I have to say one of the most baffling and poor design decisions is the lack of scaling or world design leading you to level appropriate areas.Even just giving level ranges on the map for different story beats would have been a huge improvement.

Did you miss the map feature that describes every story beat with a rough outline of when to tackle them, like "the grass gym is a common first stop for starting challengers," "the steel titan is fairly tough," "Eri is the hardest badge encounter there is" et cetera?

Not trying to single you out, but I've seen a bunch of people with this sentiment and I genuinely can't figure out if they missed the feature or just thought it was too vague.

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
where in a level range would you assume "fairly tough" falls

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Late 20s, early 30s? It's also slightly farther out than the electric gym, which I felt was enough context.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Just lose.
Unless you're nuzlocking fighting something much stronger than you is half the fun of open world

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

HootTheOwl posted:

Just lose.
Unless you're nuzlocking fighting something much stronger than you is half the fun of open world

:yeah:

best advice I got from here

I cant speak for anybody but myself but i never once found myself in a position where I couldnt proceed since the game just bumps you back to Pokecenter vs something like THE THREAD OF PROPHECY HAS BEEN SEVERED BLAH BLAH

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You have to fight trainers in the gym challenges before you can fight the leader, they give you a good indication of the levels of the gym leaders. Except maybe the ice one, the gym challenge was the snowboarding mini-game lol

As for the titans, I was under the impression that the first encounter was supposed to let you figure out if you would be strong enough to face them. But yeah losing sucks, but the game is built around free exploration so that’s just part of it unfortunately.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

HootTheOwl posted:

Just lose.

This is missing half of the complaint, which is that people find it annoying when they've passed something by to come back when they're overleveled and steamroller it

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I hit top 1,000 in doubles ranked and I don't think I have it in me to push any further. Have they done any special rewards or anything in the past based on your ladder ranking?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Reik posted:

I hit top 1,000 in doubles ranked and I don't think I have it in me to push any further. Have they done any special rewards or anything in the past based on your ladder ranking?

Usually bottle caps, BP and a few other easy to get items.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Checking out this season's rewards it's PL, bottle caos, an ability capsule and the Tera Blast TM, so probably crap every season.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Give us Tera Shards you cheapskates

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

precision posted:

Raising my cool and cute Ralts, trying to ignore the entire internet

I liked gardevoir before you perverts!!!!

:same: Gardevoir has been my main raid mon since the Charizard raids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gardevoir and Alakazam are the two strongest psychic types, right?

I've been using Gothitelle when i need a psychic type, but i just got a Ralts in wonder trade :toot:. I'm super surprised they didnt at least put Abra in the game