Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
TCG Yoimiya+Collei seems really good for perma-burn. Get Yoimiya's skill up and then use Collei to start triggering burn. Once Collei's burst is used you have self-sustaining burn.

Burning procs pyro status
Collei's burst procs burning
This does bonus damage and extends burning

So much free damage it's a little bit overkill :angel:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah, collei is quite good in the card game and fits well with pretty much any other 2 characters

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

I think Yelan is unconfirmed from reliable leakers. Assuming a standard 3 week cycle, Al Haithem/Hu Tao are guaranteed with Shenhe being the next extremely likely one because she literally hasn't been on rate up for a year. The other slot could be Ayaka because of her costume.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
As much as I want an Ayaka rerun, I will laugh my arse off if all the rumours about her getting a new outfit in 3.4 turn out to be completely bogus.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

As much as I want an Ayaka rerun, I will laugh my arse off if all the rumours about her getting a new outfit in 3.4 turn out to be completely bogus.

It's not rumors, Hers and Lisa's costumes have already been datamined.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

if they go ahead and jam Ayaka into the 3.4 banners and make a godly win-win weapon banner I'm all for that

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tae posted:

It's not rumors, Hers and Lisa's costumes have already been datamined.

Unless it's meant for a different patch, surely a rerun is practically guaranteed, then. There's no way they release it without one, is there?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

Unless it's meant for a different patch, surely a rerun is practically guaranteed, then. There's no way they release it without one, is there?

We don't know because Ayaka would be the first character that got a costume that's not a standard character. Keqing, Diluc, Jean didn't suddenly get rate-ups when their costumes were released.

(Also the irony that Qiqi is the last one to not get one despite it literally being chinese new year time line)

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Most of the card art is whatever but I really love this one

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tae posted:

We don't know because Ayaka would be the first character that got a costume that's not a standard character. Keqing, Diluc, Jean didn't suddenly get rate-ups when their costumes were released.

(Also the irony that Qiqi is the last one to not get one despite it literally being chinese new year time line)
Sure, but the standard 5-stars are always available in some form if you whale hard enough. And because of the 50-50, a lot of established players will have gotten any given one of them without even trying. I don't see them adding an outfit in a way that makes it completely inaccessible to anyone who started playing in the last six months until some indeterminate point in the future. That wouldn't make any sense.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

Mona and Tighnari

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Tae posted:

Qiqi doesn't even have a story quest. Neither does Keqing, but she at least got a costume and to do some stuff last Lantern Rite and in Moonchase.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

If they're getting outfits they're probably going to be featured in the event for that patch, and they usually try to time their rate-ups with those characters being featured in the story.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
After Lantern Rite 2 I would have a hard time feeling bad if Keqing never got featured again. It would be nice if they did something for Qiqi but at this point she might just be a hanger-on for whatever they do with Baizhu.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm coming 1HP 2 characters dead fighting Kaeya close to losing battles, how or what should I be doing to win TCG?

I have 2 invitation letters and 3600 coins, any suggestions? I only just unlocked level 2 weekly challenges.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

I'm coming 1HP 2 characters dead fighting Kaeya close to losing battles, how or what should I be doing to win TCG?

I have 2 invitation letters and 3600 coins, any suggestions? I only just unlocked level 2 weekly challenges.

My secret was buying cards and taking out cards you don’t use. In the friendly games, your opponents do a ton of dumb stuff.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Yeah, the starter deck comes with a bunch of weapons and artifacts you can't even use, so those should be your first cuts. You can't go wrong with Strategize and Liyue Harbor Wharf to replace them. I also like Jade Chamber and Knights of Favonius Library as cheap die fixing.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 12, 2022

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

RareAcumen posted:

If you want to absolutely no-brain it, Diluc, Sac Sword, Crimson Witch, Ellin, Diluc's talent cards and Jade Chamber.

Fill the rest of your deck with things like draw power, defense food and HP healing foods. Use the pyro resonance cards if you like. You don't really need things like Timaeus, but Liben can help set up. Make your other two character cards ones who can heal Diluc or generate shields to keep him alive, and just lean on his insane and cheap damage output from spamming his skill. I use Mona and Bennett, personally.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Get duplicates of the fast action character swaps asap (Katheryne support and the Noelle event). Honestly don't know if the game is playable without them.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

FractalSandwich posted:

Yeah, the starter deck comes with a bunch of weapons and artifacts you can't even use, so those should be your first cuts. You can't go wrong Strategize and Liyue Harbor Wharf to replace them. I also like Jade Chamber and Knights of Favonius Library as cheap die fixing.

Wharf is awesome, but strategize is best left for filler when you don’t have better cards to go in. After the first 2 rounds i don’t have 1 die i can just spend, and it’s the opportunity draw of something i could have used during the round.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Wharf is awesome, but strategize is best left for filler when you don’t have better cards to go in. After the first 2 rounds i don’t have 1 die i can just spend, and it’s the opportunity draw of something i could have used during the round.
I guess it depends on your deck a bit. If you rely heavily on elemental skills, you'll constantly end up with mismatched dice you can't make good use of, but if your plan revolves around basic attacks, you can already use those efficiently.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

Yeah, the starter deck comes with a bunch of weapons and artifacts you can't even use, so those should be your first cuts. You can't go wrong with Strategize and Liyue Harbor Wharf to replace them. I also like Jade Chamber and Knights of Favonius Library as cheap die fixing.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

If you want to absolutely no-brain it, Diluc, Sac Sword, Crimson Witch, Ellin, Diluc's talent cards and Jade Chamber.

Fill the rest of your deck with things like draw power, defense food and HP healing foods. Use the pyro resonance cards if you like. You don't really need things like Timaeus, but Liben can help set up. Make your other two character cards ones who can heal Diluc or generate shields to keep him alive, and just lean on his insane and cheap damage output from spamming his skill. I use Mona and Bennett, personally.

Cool thanks. I have things like, Dendro and Hydro effect or spear artifact cards in here that I'm cycling out but I wasn't sure what support cards to go for generally.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

FractalSandwich posted:

I guess it depends on your deck a bit. If you rely heavily on elemental skills, you'll constantly end up with mismatched dice you can't make good use of, but if your plan revolves around basic attacks, you can already use those efficiently.

This is true. I’ve found my decks either contain risk mitigating cards or have the option of getting stomped hardily if the dice/cards just screw you. Playing with others, you can tell pretty early if they got an awesome first round, or if they’re just starting their strategy in turn 4 and don’t have a prayer.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Looking through the list of characters I could combo with Chong's field, I realized Xiangling is currently the only usable polearm (until people can unlock Cyno). It's 1.0 all over again!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

Get duplicates of the fast action character swaps asap (Katheryne support and the Noelle event). Honestly don't know if the game is playable without them.

I kinda ignored all these cards, trading dice for actions feels counter productive in a game where you have unlimited actions each turn but only 8 dice
I'd prefer doing more stuff per turn instead of doing the same stuff faster

although this feels like it's a lot different between adventures and duels, maybe action economy becomes more valuable in more dangerous duels or proper pvp

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I kinda ignored all these cards, trading dice for actions feels counter productive in a game where you have unlimited actions each turn but only 8 dice
I'd prefer doing more stuff per turn instead of doing the same stuff faster

although this feels like it's a lot different between adventures and duels, maybe action economy becomes more valuable in more dangerous duels or proper pvp

Yep, it does matter when it means you can then get in an attack and kill/swap something away that was about to ruin your day. Katherine also just stays on your field giving you a fast swap every round, so it's an up-front cost that can pay off very well. Noelle's nice even with Katherine because sometimes you just need an extra fast swap in a round (also costs no dice so it's basically a perfect emergency card).

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if you go heavy on the reactions the quick swapping is really helpful (they even built it into mona's baseline kit so that you can vape her ult easier.)

I built a bow girls deck and was mostly using equipment cards and none of the quickswap stuff and it was easy enough to plow through all the available duels.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It's no triple triad

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Nyaawn posted:

It's no triple triad
Triple Triad has one fatal flaw, which is that the Plus rule makes my brain melt.

FiftyFour
Jan 26, 2006
Tosspot

haypliss posted:

After Lantern Rite 2 I would have a hard time feeling bad if Keqing never got featured again. It would be nice if they did something for Qiqi but at this point she might just be a hanger-on for whatever they do with Baizhu.

I’d absolutely spend twenty on an alt outfit that made Qiqi look like an old school zombie.

Also I permanently have “Physical Qiqi” to the tune of Eleanor Rigby stuck in my head when she’s kicking much rear end while she’s healing the team. Is it a dream?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Huh, if Yelan really isn't getting a rate-up for the first Lantern Rite after her debut, that really simplifies the calculus of "should I pull for Ayato after Raiden?"

Hu Tao is awesome, so is Ayaka... but goddamn, my Hydro Thirst on my account is too drat real.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Me, now in primogen hoarding mode waiting for the hydro archon. :shrug:

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider

RareAcumen posted:

Some TCG chat for those that aren't into deckbuilding or whatever. Once I got this base shell running with a team, it has easily handled whats currently available and it's pretty simple to swap in new characters since the general strat is the same.

Teams I've used so far.
XQ, Mona, XL
Ganyu, Jean, Fischl/Keqing (Had to try Jean after seeing her gimmick)

2x Core Cards
Liyue Harbor Warf (draw)
Jade Chamber (mitigate rng)
Dawn Winery (cheap swap)
Katheryne (fast swap)
Ellin (skill use)
The Best Travel Companion (mitigate rng)
Strategize (draw)

5x Character Cards
5x Weapons
3x Artifacts (Luck/Instructor)

3x Flex/Sideboard (cards you sub in to counter a deck you know)
Calx Arts
Heals/Double element cards
Summon Removal

Starting Mulligan:
Go for JC, DW, Kat and Ellin or character skill.

The goal is to potentially have more than one character skill, attack or burst. Early turns should be a mix of setting up the cards to do that mixed with skill use based on board state.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think Paimon is an ez include as well at least vs ai. Getting huge turns is great.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 12, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

I think Paimon is an ez include as well at least vs ai. Getting huge turns is great.

It's fun to clown on the AI, but the ai in friendly mode does lots of intentionally dumb things like switching characters for absolutely no reason so you can end the turn first.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
In the card game I think Ningguang is pretty good/easy to play with. She's tanky because of the Jade screen and crystallize, and her burst does a lot of damage.

Another fun combo is using Sucrose + two other elements that react well together like pyro + cryo/electro. Once the enemy has an element applied to it, sucrose will apply that element to everyone else with her skill, do damage to everyone, and force a character switch on the opposing team.

You can keep juggling the characters back and forth with her, and reapplying the elements to everyone else, or switch to another character for a reaction.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
First monday after beta launch and Haith survived with no nerfs :woop::woop::woop: He got a C2 buff but that's irrelevant to me unless three of him in a single 10 pull.

And Yaoyao got... a normal attack buff? :raise:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't see Haitham getting any nerfs. He does balanced damage and his best comps look to be on par with Cyno and Wanderer's best comps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tsyni posted:

In the card game I think Ningguang is pretty good/easy to play with. She's tanky because of the Jade screen and crystallize, and her burst does a lot of damage.

Another fun combo is using Sucrose + two other elements that react well together like pyro + cryo/electro. Once the enemy has an element applied to it, sucrose will apply that element to everyone else with her skill, do damage to everyone, and force a character switch on the opposing team.

You can keep juggling the characters back and forth with her, and reapplying the elements to everyone else, or switch to another character for a reaction.

Ningguang suffers from not a lot of other catalysts to play with. Sucrose doesn't swirl geo, so that leaves Mona and Barbara. Putting weapons in her deck is kind of a waste.