Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My phone won't auto translate any of that so I have no clue what it is lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
angel next door

next year will be an absolute flood of romcom anime adaptations

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

It started late without much fanfare, but I think To Your Eternity s2 might be one of the better shows this season.

Or I just like saying "Bonnichen Tasty Peach Uralis".

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coaaab posted:

angel next door

Oh, I haven't read that one yet. I tend to avoid the recent stuff because it's annoying to read like, 9 chapters and then remember to check back every two weeks or month.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Larry Parrish posted:

Oh, I haven't read that one yet. I tend to avoid the recent stuff because it's annoying to read like, 9 chapters and then remember to check back every two weeks or month.
p. much every LN romcom being adapted to manga rn has a 50-50 shot at becoming anime

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Coaaab posted:

Oh hell yeah

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Was more interested when I thought the one on the right in the YT thumbnail was another girl.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Julias posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yXa8MAmocQ

Oshi no Ko trailer, scheduled for Spring 2023

h*ck yes

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Brutal Garcon posted:

It started late without much fanfare, but I think To Your Eternity s2 might be one of the better shows this season.

Yeah, I love the just general vibe or watching the mc pass through the world over centuries. Sweet and a little sad fantasy adventures. It's a personal favorite. Great OP, too.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Brutal Garcon posted:

It's been good not having characters you just got to know killed off every three or four episodes this season.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/GhibliUSA/status/1602559205365501952?s=20&t=YoeqfGpFq0sxu2CPUKRIvg

Summer 2023 is shaping up to be a monster :cheerdoge:

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
I’m in Love with the Villainess anime announcement and PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Z8TDNdE0c

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah hyped for this love the novels and the manga and hope the anime is as good as well

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

gently caress Miyazaki. :colbert:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

AlternateNu posted:

gently caress Miyazaki. :colbert:

Don't cut yourself on that edge.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

He was quite a dick to his son tho

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

while true, he makes good movies, and i think my continued enjoyment of MAPPA's work output is far more ethically compromised than enjoying the work of a guy who was a bad dad. unless there's some more stuff about ghibli and goro i'm unaware of

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i mean studio ghibli is one of the go-to names for overwork ha ha

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Doodles posted:

Yes.

But would your doctor tell you to "take her home and give her CPR and a couple aspirin," instead? Because THAT is what Super Cub did that was the truly dumb-as-hell part. Instead of going to a hospital or clinic, she takes the victim home and sticks her in a hot bath. No checking with any medical people at all. And as the Mayo Clinic says, THIS IS A BAD PLAN. Really hosed up my opinion of the show at that point. Be a Honda commercial, sure. But for the love of Bob, don't pass out bad medical advice like that. Who did they think they were, Tucker Carlson?

What the gently caress is a mayonnaise clinic

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
How are you a real human person with dreams and ambitions and yet you post about poo poo like this

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Space Flower posted:

i mean studio ghibli is one of the go-to names for overwork ha ha

Oh, bummer

I take it they don't pay well either

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

while true, he makes good movies, and i think my continued enjoyment of MAPPA's work output is far more ethically compromised than enjoying the work of a guy who was a bad dad. unless there's some more stuff about ghibli and goro i'm unaware of

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goblin week posted:

dipshit

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

goblin week posted:

lol

also that post was made over a week ago

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

he just loving loves putting little girls in his anime movies

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

:catstare:

well gently caress

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Can't wait for QCS to ban all that sick Studio Ghibli filth.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nah, it's fine, Ghibli stuff isn't anime

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waffleman_ posted:

Nah, it's fine, Ghibli stuff isn't anime

this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

porco rosso is still good frankly

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i like castle oif cagliostro

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I like 'em all, and am looking forward to this new movie being one of my favorite anime in 2023 :cheerdoge:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ghibli is cinema, and i dont think a single Hollywood pedophile has actually stopped because of it, so

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the actual quotes from people who've interacted with miyazaki are so funny when you contrast them with people who think he's the turbo otaku hater. the man is pure grade old otaku

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

goblin week posted:

durrrr gurrhurr

copy
Jul 26, 2007

symbolic posted:

durrrr gurrhurr

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Sleng Teng posted:

also that post was made over a week ago
I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he was on vacation.

Meanwhile, Sword Dad has wrapped up quite nicely for the moment, with a "to be continued" that I hope the show gets to make good on. Bit of a surprise that Amanda knew Fran's parents as she raised them at her orphanage, but I imagine readers of the manga were waiting for it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Doodles posted:

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he was on vacation.

Meanwhile, Sword Dad has wrapped up quite nicely for the moment, with a "to be continued" that I hope the show gets to make good on. Bit of a surprise that Amanda knew Fran's parents as she raised them at her orphanage, but I imagine readers of the manga were waiting for it.

... wait

They stopped THERE?

That's, like, middle volume 2, what is that pace.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Supremezero posted:

... wait

They stopped THERE?

That's, like, middle volume 2, what is that pace.

So for clarity, this is after Fran+Sword went through the spider dungeon with a couple of other parties, got a dog friend, and then Amanda pulped the boss in 3 seconds, and then our protagonists got ready to go to the next town by boat, is that really the middle of volume two, or did they just rearrange the reveal to be the send-off?

As for the pacing it was reasonable in practice. Sword Dad's real trick has been above average action, and the show didn't really feel like it was dragging so :shrug:.

Apparently the Twitter for it is implying we're getting a season two, so that's nice. It wasn't amazing but I enjoy pulp given appropriate moderation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Omnicrom posted:

So for clarity, this is after Fran+Sword went through the spider dungeon with a couple of other parties, got a dog friend, and then Amanda pulped the boss in 3 seconds, and then our protagonists got ready to go to the next town by boat, is that really the middle of volume two, or did they just rearrange the reveal to be the send-off?

As for the pacing it was reasonable in practice. Sword Dad's real trick has been above average action, and the show didn't really feel like it was dragging so :shrug:.

Apparently the Twitter for it is implying we're getting a season two, so that's nice. It wasn't amazing but I enjoy pulp given appropriate moderation.

That's middle volume 2, yes.