Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Clarkson is also racist, classist, misognynist, and generally so much a boorish parody of himself now that nothing he has to say about cars is worth hearing from him. James May still seems like a sweetheart and I hope he stays that way. His show about toys was great.

mandatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyimUCBIo6c

oof, what a snipe. I'ma make it worthwhile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3IcehMvmAs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

case
Mar 27, 2005

Mustie1 & Cleetus

Watching Mustie1 slide more Politics in his channel was really sad. Two big things kept taking me back to that channel
  • Fixing garbage purely to see if it could be fixed for almost nothing
  • ACVW that no-one cared about - the dodgy talking Police Bug was a great example
Then Covid happens, all the bullshit about "figuring out our own treatment" and finally a Trump flag in the back of half the camera angles. It was like watching a distant relative fall down a rabbit hole. Still miss that type of content.

Cleetus talking about how "he heard that the hospitals aren't even that busy" in the run-up to that first FF event was enough for me. The height of the outbreak and the guy creates a super-spreader event.

Bonus - gently caress Richard Brunning - lashing out on socials during Brexit/Elections/Covid. Just the shut the gently caress up and film the talented guy some more..

For balance - HubNut, Whiteland Restorations are good people. Maybe Saving Salvage, bit early to tell.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I'll still rarely watch a mustie video but felt the same way you did when it became increasingly obvious which way he leans.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Gymkhana 2022 dropped and they've still got the Black Rifle Coffee Company sponsorship. :(

Not only that, but they're also sponsored by Pit Viper (maybe they were already and I didn't notice?), a company that is vocally against right-wing CHUDs and makes a point of donating money to queer causes every time some Proud Boys are spotted wearing their shades.

Both companies must be big sponsors, because they both have title cards at the beginning of the video. I wonder how that went over in their boardrooms.

I want to enjoy these videos, not only for the driving skill and crazy stunts but for the incredible production value (seriously the logistics of creating them must be staggering), but I can't abide anyone who supports that nazi coffee company.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

I never got a reply to my email to Subaru about BRCC. Probably sent to the wrong person.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Mister Speaker posted:

Gymkhana 2022 dropped and they've still got the Black Rifle Coffee Company sponsorship. :(

Not only that, but they're also sponsored by Pit Viper (maybe they were already and I didn't notice?), a company that is vocally against right-wing CHUDs and makes a point of donating money to queer causes every time some Proud Boys are spotted wearing their shades.

Both companies must be big sponsors, because they both have title cards at the beginning of the video. I wonder how that went over in their boardrooms.

I want to enjoy these videos, not only for the driving skill and crazy stunts but for the incredible production value (seriously the logistics of creating them must be staggering), but I can't abide anyone who supports that nazi coffee company.

Oh poo poo I had no idea about Pit Viper - that's cool as hell. Thanks!

Also shocked about BRCC being so prominent. When they showed the Huckster on the Hoonigan channel I didn't spot the logo and thought "oh wow they must have dumped them". Bummer. Amazing that Subaru, a company well known for being aligned with progressive causes, would let that poo poo fly. BRCC must have some serious cash.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

amenenema posted:

Also shocked about BRCC being so prominent. When they showed the Huckster on the Hoonigan channel I didn't spot the logo and thought "oh wow they must have dumped them". Bummer. Amazing that Subaru, a company well known for being aligned with progressive causes, would let that poo poo fly. BRCC must have some serious cash.

Subaru don’t really give a poo poo; the majority stakeholder in Subaru is Toyota, who fund more explicitly anti-progressive (and especially anti-LGBTQ) politicians than any other company in the US by an honestly flabbergasting margin

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

amenenema posted:

I definitely only learned this a few weeks ago myself, and it's absolutely one of those :unsmith: moments when you find out. It's downright heartwarming to know that a brand whose marketing aesthetic is entirely based on the silly hyper-masculinity and braggadocio of 80s/90s pro wrestling, could embody such progressive values. I imagine they were mortified when Proud Boys started wearing their stuff as any of us would be, and they took a stand in an incredibly real way. I think they're still a really small operation too, and honestly the shades are clutch. I own two pairs. They also make some hilarious hats.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I do love the policy Pit Vipers has, I just wish they had some more normal styles because I do not have the confidence to wear Macho Man sunglasses.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I do love the policy Pit Vipers has, I just wish they had some more normal styles because I do not have the confidence to wear Macho Man sunglasses.

you need the glasses first to have the confidence. just owning a pair will make you wanna be Macho Man

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
In TFR there is a thread that I'm pretty sure inspired this one and I read that and try to keep up with the latest "things" going on so I can avoid supporting lovely people/businesses.

A guy that I used to work with wore those (pit vipers). I was pretty unaware of it at the time, but looking back he's definitely a "lets go brandon" type.

I don't think that they (pit viper company) had announced it at that time, as the dude quit over a year ago and I think they announced it after that, but had things aligned properly I would have definitely dropped a whole lot of hints that pit viper was donating to various anti-hate orgs whenever they saw pics on social media etc of shitheads wearing their products.

As far as the idiot that I worked with, we always just made fun of the fact that the glasses and his general dress made him look like some 1980s mullet man that should probably have been driving a '77 Camaro with rusted out rocker panels and a leaky exhaust, rather than his dad's focus, because surprise surprise, he was like 27, still lived at home and despite having a full time job etc. he was so lame he didn't even have a car. At least his firearms license got revoked.

Yeah this guy was the shining example of the Aryan race I'll fuckin tell ya.

Anyway, I should shut up now because I could go on and on.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pease tell me the Donut Media people are not chuds. I dont know that I could take finding out that James Pumphrey is an rear end in a top hat

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Pease tell me the Donut Media people are not chuds. I dont know that I could take finding out that James Pumphrey is an rear end in a top hat

Depends on what you mean by “donut media people”

IIRC it’s a pretty big team for YouTube and hosts=/=writers and producers=/=ownership and leadership

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'd be absolutely shocked if they were, because they did a pretty fair take on the Dale scandal, including a straight up "gently caress you, Tucker Carlson" in the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5G9qhdPO4Q

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
AFAIK they were pretty good about masks and distancing during covid, which is usually a weirdly good indicator.

Other than that, they seem pretty reviled by some posters here in AI who will probably be along shortly to tell you how much of an idiot you are.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The energy level in some of their videos is hard for my old man brain to keep up with but it seems like they've evened that out a bit as time goes on. They're certainly easier to watch than Hoonigan's builds with shakycam jumpcuts every five seconds.

Also, their high/low Subaru series has been great because they keep getting the authentic WRX ownership experience.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Nidhg00670000 posted:

AFAIK they were pretty good about masks and distancing during covid, which is usually a weirdly good indicator.

Other than that, they seem pretty reviled by some posters here in AI who will probably be along shortly to tell you how much of an idiot you are.

Their accuracy and fact checking is abysmal.
That being said, they are decent people by all accounts. Just not detail oriented and facts take a back seat to entertainment.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I only watch them for the cheesy fun production and lightheartedness.

Please believe me that I am fuming any time a motorcycle comes up on that channel

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

The energy level in some of their videos is hard for my old man brain to keep up with but it seems like they've evened that out a bit as time goes on. They're certainly easier to watch than Hoonigan's builds with shakycam jumpcuts every five seconds.

Also, their high/low Subaru series has been great because they keep getting the authentic WRX ownership experience.

Also they seem to be dedicated, whether intentionally or not, to making all the dumb mistakes that young WRX owners do. 200HP/liter on a Cobb Accessport flash tune with an externally venting BOV on what I'm pretty sure is running off of a MAF rather than a MAP? Sure, why not?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Also they seem to be dedicated, whether intentionally or not, to making all the dumb mistakes that young WRX owners do. 200HP/liter on a Cobb Accessport flash tune with an externally venting BOV on what I'm pretty sure is running off of a MAF rather than a MAP? Sure, why not?

Ahhhh yess , Cobb Ringlandports. Guaranteed to run your car lean and you wont get your money back

Llewellyn
Jul 26, 2010
Every Donut video has the journalistic rigor of a Buzzfeed listicle, but they're all having fun. Sometimes I just like to see videos of people having fun with cars who don't have terrible opinions on race or covid (or who at least do a good job of hiding them).

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Nolan from Donut seems to be good and cool:

https://twitter.com/nolanjsykes/status/1584737946166386692?cxt=HHwWiICj9YCxj_4rAAAA

(He retweeted this one)
https://twitter.com/HugoForCD13/status/1541872076994347010?cxt=HHwWhIC85YOf6uUqAAAA

But also smart:
https://twitter.com/nolanjsykes/status/1561460311256735744?cxt=HHwWgICh9an4tasrAAAA

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Nolan is cool, but he’s a dirty loving liar because no way did Donut Media pay $500 for an EG Civic hatch that looks this clean. There’s no loving way :argh:

https://youtu.be/7J2UObaODRw

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Nolan is my favourite to the point where in the hi/low videos where Pumphrey takes the piss out of him I get angry. James sucks. Team Nolan.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Nolan is my favourite to the point where in the hi/low videos where Pumphrey takes the piss out of him I get angry. James sucks. Team Nolan.

The true MVP of Hi/Low will always be Aaron Parker though. Dude is awesome.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

James is good, Team Both of Them

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That video has got to be fake cause I've been told by posters in this very esteemed forum that you'd literally get killed in less than a minute if you got out in today's traffic with 70hp (when new).

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

You don't wear Pit Vipers.

They wear you.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I was very ready to hate Pit Vipers, but thats extremely blessed

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

"La la la la la - I can't hear you everything is fine."

Though the use of "woke" as a pejorative says something to me about that person.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Nolan from Donut seems to be good and cool:

You missed the best one:
https://twitter.com/nolanjsykes/status/1599883924867801088

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I've done a 180 (just like that wrx with James at the wheel) and started really liking donut over the last year or so. I think they found their groove and it helps that they seem to be decent people.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Whenever Clarkson does something good to show you that maybe he isn't an irredeemable ringpiece (the farm show) he turns around and wipes that thought out by saying poo poo like this.

Who honestly gives much of a gently caress about the royals?

https://twitter.com/SunApology/status/1604126273571377153?t=-_NPJsd2w2Q8OrTxf-pAkQ&s=19

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i wish i could never hear a single word about any of the royalty ever again but drat clarkson is really scraping the barrel

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Megan is kryptonite to the right kind of boomer media twat, for example Piers Morgan, Clarkson.... and well, literally the entire British media who take their orders from those same kind of twats.

How much of it is to do with her being an outspoken female and how much of it is down to her skin colour is left to the readers judgement.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Whenever Clarkson does something good to show you that maybe he isn't an irredeemable ringpiece (the farm show) he turns around and wipes that thought out by saying poo poo like this.

Who honestly gives much of a gently caress about the royals?

https://twitter.com/SunApology/status/1604126273571377153?t=-_NPJsd2w2Q8OrTxf-pAkQ&s=19

Imagine being such a monarchy bootlicker that it keeps you awake at night

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

On the subject of the UK. I enjoy watching Guy Martin's YouTube and he seems cool. But I also initially thought Mike Rowe was cool. Anything I'm missing?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

He's a Koch-funded anti-union shitheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I've despised Clarkson's politics for a long time, but this may be the event that pushes me to no longer watch TGT. I have tried to separate the "art from the artist," but he is absolutely a bigoted, boomer, class-blind shitheel.

Shame, because he truly made good TV, but gently caress him. What he wrote for today was so unnecessarily over the top with its vitriol, I can only ask -- where did Megan Markle touch him?