Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I got enough reward points they sent me a special offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

That's a lot of Bing searches. :wow:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I love the Xbox Series X, Edge browser, and searching on Bing.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

how many points a day can you get in the US and what is a month sub worth in points?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

A month of Ultimate is 12000 points and you can probably manage that, some people here do it. I think they just added an auto-redeem for it that gives a discount too but I might be remembering it wrong. I use my points on free money instead.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lammasu posted:

So, apparently the Rabbi Bill Clinton kid was a groyper that has been on Info Wars. So yeah.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Just added up the poo poo in my purchase history. I’ve gotten $187.25 worth of free Xbox gift cards from rewards points in the last 12 months.

And I’ve still got 80,596 points left which is almost another 100 bucks lol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

spaceblancmange posted:

how many points a day can you get in the US and what is a month sub worth in points?

It depends on what quests you have available on the MS rewards site, if you have the MS rewards app installed on your Xbox, if you have a current Game Pass sub to do the Game Pass quests, and if you now have the newly available Xbox mobile/PC app reward dailies. You can get an assload of points per month by doing everything that's available.

That said, if you only do the bing dailies (it's a set of 3 zero-effort quests) and complete all the bing searches while at level 2 (you get to level 2 pretty quick), you can get around 600+ points a day. If you keep doing dailies, you get reward streaks that give you bonus points after certain milestones. The MS rewards app on the Xbox and the Xbox mobile/PC app also give additional points for continued daily login streaks. We're nearly halfway through the month and I've accrued 8,629 reward points -- I'm sitting on a little over 42k points total after spending points to renew my Game Pass Ultimate sub for 8 months.

elf help book posted:

A month of Ultimate is 12000 points and you can probably manage that, some people here do it. I think they just added an auto-redeem for it that gives a discount too but I might be remembering it wrong. I use my points on free money instead.

You get more value out of your points by letting your Game Pass Sub expire and redeeming gift card balance at either Amazon or MS to do the whole Gold to GPU conversion thing. 12k points for a month of GPU is convenient, but doing the gift card balance thing can bring the cost down to roughly 7k-8k points per month.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I've just received news that the Rabbi Bill Clinton child is a based, alt-right Groyper.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Rabbid Bill Clinton

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Pewdiepie posted:

I've just received news that the Rabbi Bill Clinton child is a based, alt-right Groyper.

I too read the last two pages of this thread

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Pewdiepie posted:

Newer bing you're heroes.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zachack posted:

I’m on android (pixel 7) the three touch thing works. The main benefit is that starting over kinda sucks since I’m missing unlocks and the cheat helps accelerate past the early game. Especially since I’m also fighting touch controls.

it fucks your build up though. you want weapons that benefit from the same upgrades!!!!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

webmeister posted:

AC games have always had the needless stupid gimmick framing of “contemporary person uses VR-style device to relive their ancestor’s memories”. Some games have more of it, some have less, but it’s kind of always annoying. Odyssey is one of the less ones, in the 70 hour story you probably spend an hour or so in the present day.

The 300 reenactment is mainly because they thought it would be cool, but it connects with the main story a few hours in

Wow that is something I would not have guessed about the AC universe from just hearing about the games over the years. It is so wildly unnecessary.

I played very little of the actual game once it settled down and properly started but it seemed kinda good? I'll probably play more of it when I finish my current play of Skyrim.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Larry Parrish posted:

it fucks your build up though. you want weapons that benefit from the same upgrades!!!!

I mean the early unlocks game, when nothing has been unlocked yet. The first time you play you only can get spinach and I think armor, and I think evos were impossible. So having an easy mode to get to 20 (and later 40) is nice.

Also sometimes the draws are all level ups so there’s no harm to the build.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Broadlybrowsing posted:

Does anyone have opinions on the Dolby Vision HDR settings? I initially turned it off, as it makes my lg oled display stuff way warmer than I’m used to. I honestly can’t say if I like it or not.

Dolby Vision >>>>>>> regular HDR easily

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

elf help book posted:

Yeah, they added a month of Ultimate to the monthly auto-redeem discount two or three months ago.

$10 for 8750 points (normally 9300)
1 month of PC Game Pass for 6750 points (normally 7750)
1 month of Game Pass Ultimate for 10500 points (normally 12000)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

1glitch0 posted:

I played a little Assassins Creed: Odyssey for my microsoft mindshare points and I've never played one before. First you reenact the end of 300 for no clear reason (?) and then you're a girl in the future who is going into the matrix or something to see the past (???) and then you're a dude in old timey days who is presumably the woman from the future in his body or something (?????).

This seems like a lot of unneeded set-up for the game!

I think something went wrong with your game, you are supposed to be a woman in old timey days who is presumably the woman from the future in her body or something (?????).

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not playing as Kassandra is such a fail

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

1glitch0 posted:

Wow that is something I would not have guessed about the AC universe from just hearing about the games over the years. It is so wildly unnecessary.

I played very little of the actual game once it settled down and properly started but it seemed kinda good? I'll probably play more of it when I finish my current play of Skyrim.

Yeah it's always been one of the weird things about AC - almost nobody likes it, but the devs are wedded to it as a core part of the franchise, so it's here to stay unfortunately.

Odyssey is actually pretty good, it's the best of the "modern" three (Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla), and up there with the best of the 360 era games as well. But yeah you absolutely should play as Kassandra, not Alexios.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
playing any AssCreed is the biggest fail in gaming

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Back during the original games, the present day plot made at least a little bit of sense. I do kind of miss the Desmond story line.

Now it just feels forced in because they have to.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Assassin's Creed 2 is great, even including the modern parts mostly. In everything I've played after AC Brotherhood though, the modern parts have felt like a waste of my time and the developers' too.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I think most Ubisoft open world games are a lot of fun for about 10 hours or so, then I start to feel like I've seen it all and nothing new will be discovered. I usually stop playing them at somewhere between 10-20 hours but those hours are usually pretty fun.

Except for that Fenix game, I couldn't handle that one for more than an hour.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Quantum of Phallus posted:

playing any AssCreed is the biggest fail in gaming

I only like the latest three, so I win.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I’m not so sure about that Sandepande.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Odyssey is a lot of fun. Kassandra is awesome, the environment is insanely detailed and easy to get around, the combat just turns into pure power fantasy, it's all just nuts.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The new ones look to be more aids inducing than ever lol. Just a semi endless treadmill where everything has been sanded down for maximum widespread appeal, just like the brains of the people who play Ubisoft games

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Larry Parrish posted:

The new ones look to be more aids inducing than ever lol. Just a semi endless treadmill where everything has been sanded down for maximum widespread appeal, just like the brains of the people who play Ubisoft games

hmmm t hunking it's this

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
And boy do they appeal. Such lovely things, shamelessly easily digestible and playable stuff with gorgeous production values. If I want risk-taking, ambition and whatever passes for pointless street-cred in gaming, there's always the indie scene.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
please elaborate on ‘pointless street-cred’

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I mean if someone's under the illusion that any of the AC games, including Odyssey, have anything interesting or thoughtful to say or provide anything other than a bunch of mindless loot grabbing and objective clearing, then they're pretty well out of it, but as someone who enjoys the poo poo out of mindless loot grabbing and objective clearing — stuff I can play while listening to podcasts or whatever — it's great. The fact that AC Odyssey lets you be a kickass Amazonian bisexual who stomps mudholes and bangs her away across the ancient world is just a bonus.

Also the museum modes in Odyssey and Origins are fantastic. For whatever completely justifiable qualms we might have with the game parts of the games, the artists and researchers who put those worlds together did a shitload of incredible and in-depth work.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
The Far Cry games are fun to me. I never play them on release but I think I've ended up beating every single one come to think of it (except 6 which I'm playing right now). Far Cry Primal is the best one.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Whatever gets you in a flow state is cool with me. Xbox.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You people need mental help lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Far Cry 2 was a legitimately interesting game and the last interesting game Ubisoft made

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's not like I've never listened to regular music or a podcast while zoning out half paying attention to games but deliberately seeking out that tier of boredom is one of the most insane things I've ever heard in my life.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Larry Parrish posted:

It's not like I've never listened to regular music or a podcast while zoning out half paying attention to games but deliberately seeking out that tier of boredom is one of the most insane things I've ever heard in my life.

Sir have you ever listened to "Serial"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"flow state" should be when you get absolutely in the zone in something really high-intensity like tetris or a rhythm game or some poo poo, not the kind where you just collect map icons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i very rarely get that kind of zoned in but i've had it happen a few times playing rhythm games and its an insanely weird feeling when it happens