Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Jesus Christ there's some kind of Holiday Apocalypse bundle in the store that is 7500 gold, which is like $60-75

That's been there for about 2 weeks now, did you just hit 1000?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Opopanax posted:

That's been there for about 2 weeks now, did you just hit 1000?

Maybe their app finally reloaded. I'm <600 and it's been there for me.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I just hit CL 500

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think it shows up at 500 then, that tracks

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
FINALLY!

Now I can do this Silver Surfer bullshit everyone's doing. Plus I didn't have to spend my tokens!

By the way, do you think Marvel Snap has a place for a limited mode, similar to Hearthstone's Arena and drafting in MTG? If the entry fee and rewards are good I am down for it.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

My surfer deck is sadly lacking Brood but I've found that makes it harder for people to clock the deck early which gives me a better chance. The second I see Brood and another 3 drop or Brood and a snap, I'm out, I already know I lost. I've got some good tricks to help me stay in it and hit above my weight class w/o Brood against most decks but if you're basically running my deck w/Brood, that's a no from me dawg.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

if hela gets activated twice does she summon copies of everything discarded or is the discard pile “empty” and it does nothing?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Kaboobi posted:

if hela gets activated twice does she summon copies of everything discarded or is the discard pile “empty” and it does nothing?

The latter. Leader'ing Hela works similar. It's only stuff YOU discarded.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Just a wee 44 point swing from Rogue there. Very satisfying.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Kaboobi posted:

The second activation can do something if the first brings back something like Sword Master, which will discard something fresh between activations.

Tricky to pull off (you either need to play her on Wong or luck into her summoning Odin in lane) but if it works you get to win by even more.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
So if you pin something on one client, don't count on it being or staying pinned on another.

I had She-Hulk pinned on my iPad, and when I checked on my Android phone, she was pinned as well.

But when I opened my Android client after the timer ticked over, she got replaced anyway. Great.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

uXs posted:

So if you pin something on one client, don't count on it being or staying pinned on another.

I had She-Hulk pinned on my iPad, and when I checked on my Android phone, she was pinned as well.

But when I opened my Android client after the timer ticked over, she got replaced anyway. Great.

Good to know I'll stick to mobile until I can purchase wong.

That being said, after picking up Wave in the store, my next cache opening was Death... :tinfoil:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Well, I finally saw it. Someone who actually bought the Apocalypse bundle and had that card variant. I was without words. I just beat them and moved along...

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Well, I finally saw it. Someone who actually bought the Apocalypse bundle and had that card variant. I was without words. I just beat them and moved along...
I see a ton of them. Is it that surprising? If nobody spent money on this game it wouldn't be around for long.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I bought it mostly for the collector tokens.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
How much cool poo poo and different variant cards and cool characters can I unlock within a couple weeks, maybe a month of playing free? I really like the simple gameplay and could see myself hooking more and more for various cards

pls tell me there's a nerdy Banner Hulk variant

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

No Wave posted:

I see a ton of them. Is it that surprising? If nobody spent money on this game it wouldn't be around for long.
There's a considerable number of avatar havers for the Apocalypse bundle and also the Rogue/Gambit one up near Infinite rank.
At least I assume these are real people and not bots with the avatars on, im pretty sure the bots only use boring avatars?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Omnikin posted:

How much cool poo poo and different variant cards and cool characters can I unlock within a couple weeks, maybe a month of playing free? I really like the simple gameplay and could see myself hooking more and more for various cards

It's not out yet I think, but there's a Professor Hulk variant.

A month of F2P will get you all of Series 1 and 2. If you do your missions you should also earn enough gold to buy a cheap variant.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

MissMarple posted:

There's a considerable number of avatar havers for the Apocalypse bundle and also the Rogue/Gambit one up near Infinite rank.
At least I assume these are real people and not bots with the avatars on, im pretty sure the bots only use boring avatars?

It IS a mobile game, so there are going to be whales. Especially streamers and other video makers who want to make sure they're on the bleeding edge of the game so that their videos on the meta have legitimacy, or at least showcasing a bunch of variants to prove that they are super into the game.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Omnikin posted:

You start getting a lot of random variants and avatars after about a month of playing. Up until then you get lots of cards but not many free cosmetics. The more casually you play this game the better nobody gets better value than someone who logs in does dailies and leaves.

There is a taco hulk in the files. I like the base hulk so much tho. (I'm also one of those ppl who finds taco hulk unsettling)

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
The various fan sites have all of the data mined variants listed if you want to see what's current/future-ly available. Here's Hulk for example: https://snap.fan/cards/Hulk/

Taco Smart Hulk is pretty great (and not yet available).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Buying variants is quite a bit less appealing than it used to be because gold can buy bundles now. 6000 gold can get you five ultra rare variants OR the December 24th sunspot bundle (sunspot variant, 7500 credits, 2k cpllector tokens) whereas before gold was only any good for refreshing (6000 gold would get you 7500 credits snd nothing else).

I still think if there's a variant I'm crazy about I'll buy it. But there's good reason to be very selective now.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Psylocke was in my shop and I wanted her but held off because I was holding out for Sera. Immediately opened up a reserve and got Psylocke, and a couple reserves later got Sera :) that basically does it for series 3 cards on my wishlist. Think I'm just gonna hoard tokens now for s4/s5 stuff. Bast looks really nasty.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Someone was questioning my White Tiger a little while ago. I agree she's weak on her own and maybe even a little overpriced, but you can't argue with the results against a cocky opponent.

That said, folks were right.. this deck isn't playing as consistently as it did the further I get into the game. I still win more than I lose but I need a change of strategy.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Dec 12, 2022

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

RevKrule posted:

My surfer deck is sadly lacking Brood but I've found that makes it harder for people to clock the deck early which gives me a better chance. The second I see Brood and another 3 drop or Brood and a snap, I'm out, I already know I lost. I've got some good tricks to help me stay in it and hit above my weight class w/o Brood against most decks but if you're basically running my deck w/Brood, that's a no from me dawg.

I don't have brood either, what's your list?

I tried surfer sera and it's gone really poorly. Everyone is either ready for the turn 6 swarm or has an even better turn 6 play. Idk if I'm playing it really poorly or maybe I really need to be retreating like 80% of the time?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Xguard86 posted:

I tried surfer sera and it's gone really poorly. Everyone is either ready for the turn 6 swarm or has an even better turn 6 play. Idk if I'm playing it really poorly or maybe I really need to be retreating like 80% of the time?
Surfer is not realistically playable without brood. Half of his power budget is just that card.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Xguard86 posted:

1 - Sunspot
2 - Forge
2 - Goose
3 - Ironheart
3 - Silver Surfer
3 - Bishop
3 - Rogue
3 - Punisher
3 - Storm
3 - Juggernaut
4 - Absorbing Man
5 - Sera

Storm and Jugg can lock down a lane early. Goose can lock down another area to keep you from getting big timed on it. Sunspot's a good one drop but you can also swap for Ant Man to make a good last turn drop to fill out a lane for +4. Surfer should be the last card you place for maximal value. If you got Sera on 5, you can drop 3 3 drops on 6. If you didn't get Sera you can drop maybe Forge and a 3 on 5 value is good on Ironheart at this point and another 2 3s (someone else and Surfer) on 6. Rogue is great value because she can easily disrupt Discard decks (a Rogue drop on 6 in a Mobius lane can absolutely turn the tide) or just straight steal Wong power for you. You aren't going to put up big numbers all the time but it's good for playing small ball.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 12, 2022

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

No Wave posted:

Buying variants is quite a bit less appealing than it used to be because gold can buy bundles now. 6000 gold can get you five ultra rare variants OR the December 24th sunspot bundle (sunspot variant, 7500 credits, 2k cpllector tokens) whereas before gold was only any good for refreshing (6000 gold would get you 7500 credits snd nothing else).

I still think if there's a variant I'm crazy about I'll buy it. But there's good reason to be very selective now.

I've also noticed that progression feels slower when I'm hoarding gold. I know it's not, it's just chunked up instead of spread out, but not being able to refresh daily quests has a palpably different feel.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

CitizenKeen posted:

I've also noticed that progression feels slower when I'm hoarding gold. I know it's not, it's just chunked up instead of spread out, but not being able to refresh daily quests has a palpably different feel.

Yeah I was going to save but I’m still far enough away from a full collection (CL1346) and the wait now between cards is so long they it just felt horrible. Back to spending gold and will save once I get more and better cards

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

No Wave posted:

Surfer is not realistically playable without brood. Half of his power budget is just that card.

RevKrule posted:

1 - Sunspot
2 - Forge
2 - Goose
3 - Ironheart
3 - Silver Surfer
3 - Bishop
3 - Rogue
3 - Punisher
3 - Storm
3 - Juggernaut
4 - Absorbing Man
5 - Sera

Storm and Jugg can lock down a lane early. Goose can lock down another area to keep you from getting big timed on it. Sunspot's a good one drop but you can also swap for Ant Man to make a good last turn drop to fill out a lane for +4. Surfer should be the last card you place for maximal value. If you got Sera on 5, you can drop 3 3 drops on 6. If you didn't get Sera you can drop maybe Forge and a 3 on 5 value is good on Ironheart at this point and another 2 3s (someone else and Surfer) on 6. Rogue is great value because she can easily disrupt Discard decks (a Rogue drop on 6 in a Mobius lane can absolutely turn the tide) or just straight steal Wong power for you. You aren't going to put up big numbers all the time but it's good for playing small ball.

Don't have brood and don't have a lot of those "make up for not having brood" cards. Lol oh well, eventually!

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I was trying to hang and farm gold/credits at CL474, but I was constantly queueing into pool 3 decks anyway so I bumped up to ~500 for the token shop and got Aero, Mysterio and Beast for my first pool3 so far.

What are like, priorities to look for the token shop at this point?

Mostly swapping between a basic devil dino list + Aero or various Jubilee piles right now

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
There has got to be a way do matchmaking with similar card collections surely

Even if you’re playing for strictly fun it’s got to be irritating to lose to cards you can’t play around because you don’t know about them

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Hauki posted:

I was trying to hang and farm gold/credits at CL474, but I was constantly queueing into pool 3 decks anyway so I bumped up to ~500 for the token shop and got Aero, Mysterio and Beast for my first pool3 so far.

What are like, priorities to look for the token shop at this point?

Mostly swapping between a basic devil dino list + Aero or various Jubilee piles right now

Personally I'd recommend against buying from the token shop for a bit. Early pool 3 is survivable with a strong pool 2 deck and a synergizing pool 3 card or two, but you won't know what pool 3 decks you can start putting together until you have a few more cards. Maybe if you have a pool 2 archetype you really like you can start picking up pool 3 cards when they show up that play into the pool 3 version of that, like Venom for destruction decks or Hela for discard.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Xguard86 posted:

Don't have brood and don't have a lot of those "make up for not having brood" cards. Lol oh well, eventually!

Wolfsbane is a good one to slot in if you haven't already since she can add some good raw power on a crowded lane. Rocket can be a decent reslot for Goose if you don't have him yet. Groot's also a good power player in the deck and can be a decent replacement for like Rogue or Juggernaut. You'll retreat a bit but can still do good numbers.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

There has got to be a way do matchmaking with similar card collections surely

Even if you’re playing for strictly fun it’s got to be irritating to lose to cards you can’t play around because you don’t know about them
I mean, there is, and it's turned on until CL600 where it gets turned off. But making you desperate to advance your collection is the business plan. Creating a gigantic pool of beta players with full collections for aspiring new competitive players to lose to repeatedly wasnt a mistake, its how they try to move bundles.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea it makes sense and I guess targeting the right players but I definitely just kind of not want to play anymore that day

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lol just won a match because they played Leader on Knowhere.
Anyways this is what I've been using with a decent amount of success. I was already doing well with my Patriot deck and realized most of my 3 cost cards were there so I added Surfer. There are too drat many Rouges out right now and they can be devastating, but with the low cost of the main cards you have some room to dance around a bit

code:

# (1) Misty Knight
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Shocker
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Brood
# (3) Cyclops
# (4) The Thing
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (5) Abomination
# (6) Ultron
#

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I feel like matchmaking does at least some matchmaking based on what deck you're running. There have been times when I'll see like the same 2 or 3 people like every match and the second I change decks, it's like a totally different pool.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

RevKrule posted:

I feel like matchmaking does at least some matchmaking based on what deck you're running. There have been times when I'll see like the same 2 or 3 people like every match and the second I change decks, it's like a totally different pool.

I have spent my whole online card game career telling people they're wrong and they're just projecting when they claim this happens but lol, man, I think I agree with you. This game has just enough matchmaking stuff that's obscufated that I can believe it, and if you switch to some weird deck (like throwing all your grays in to get boosters) it really does feel like you're getting matched differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
It sounds insane but I made a Patriot deck and up until then had never played one and then played three back to back. Bizarre