Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I want to see what Matsya is up to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I love tropes. Tropes rule

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Tropes are just another product of the human brain's desire to sort things into little piles and pattern recognition. Nothing inherently bad about using some if they work for what you want to write

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Zero is in the tough spot of the writers having to be sure she hits with the crowd prior to 7.0 if she is gonna be our first totally new Not-Scion. Some tropes help get her general stuff across before diving into the nuance and being sure people actually like her being around before she's cemented into the cast.

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Waiting 115mins+ as a tank for Royal City of Rabanastre to unlock Bozjan for a glamor weapon. There must be a better way YoshiP!

ColdIronsBound fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 12, 2022

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You only had to do it once and that's a normal wait time for a tank.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Bozja*

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Bozja* what?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bozja deez

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Arist posted:

Bozja deez
free kupo nuts

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

ColdIronsBound posted:

Waiting 45mins+ as a tank for Royal City of Rabanastre to unlock Bozjan for a glamor weapon. There must be a better way YoshiP!
Queues for alliance raids are usually much better on DPS as there's 15 slots for DPS vs 3 for tanks. Your prior posts only mention Gunbreaker so I don't know what other jobs you have leveled, but if you don't have anything else at 70+ you can unlock Reaper which starts at 70 already so you can hop into the Ivalice raids with it.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I only do alliance raids as DPS but I don't think I've ever waited more than 15 minutes for one. Usually it's less than 10.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've had some long waits for Dun Scaith but... Dun Scaith.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

FuturePastNow posted:

I only do alliance raids as DPS but I don't think I've ever waited more than 15 minutes for one. Usually it's less than 10.

I get 30+ minute queues pretty much every time unless it's Aglaia. Presumably ct raids would also be near instant but I never queue for them or ADR, it's always a specific cool raid for cat book. Last week I was in queue for paradigms breach for 90 minutes.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Anyone figure out what the fastest non BLU run is for this moogle event?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

It’ll be cool when zero turns into zeromus and then we fight and kill her

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Yeaaaaaah. I think we're going to discover something horrible in Zero's backstory. Her half-voidsent origin is too similar to Vauthry. And before she tells you about the Contramemoria and the fall of the 13th to darkness, she gives an odd disclaimer: "While I remember some few tales of the past, I cannot speak to their authenticity." It's awfully convenient that she spent thousands of years trapped in a rift between worlds, too.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
I'm honestly surprised and kinda disappointed that the Moogle Treasure Trove doesn't have any hairstyles to get since they were my main priority when they start. So I might just get what I need which is the Falcon mount and probably the emotes.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The sheep mount is a must-have too if you don't have it and can't afford it on the market

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
The Postmoogle Stroking the Haft quest is entirely too torqued.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Anyone figure out what the fastest non BLU run is for this moogle event?

Sheesh, I "need" 233 tomes this time, not counting the neck.

A lot of those are ones I happen to need to do for ARR relic so I took some notes:
Quarn --3: 14 minutes
Dzemael --3: 14 minutes
Halatali (Hard) --4: 12 minutes

Big Bridge --2: 3 minutes

...I was going to see how long it took to do Frontline, but that seems pretty definitive. If you aren't BLU blitzing and can stand the repetition (I go crosseyed after about three runs that fast and prefer to vary things), do the trials.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So that's, what, six hours plus loading screens.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

YggiDee posted:

So that's, what, six hours plus loading screens.

And queue times

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

This is a secret crossover promotion for the Stranger of Paradise DLC, in that we’re going to beat Greg over and over until loot falls out.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
To a certain extent being cold and without much personality is kind of Zero’s entire thing because she has literally had everything driven out of her and she’s just now learning to, like, live.

Then again I also liked Minfillia so that may say something about me.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I also think that judging Zero's personality when she's had one whole patch of existence is a little early.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

hopeandjoy posted:

I also think that judging Zero's personality when she's had one whole patch of existence is a little early.

This take is far too reasonable for the FFXIV thread

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I think it's a little more reasonable to judge her here because, with this game, usually someone who's been around for one patch is a villain who's gotten like two scenes and is usually hiding something. Zero was like, the protagonist of 6.2, and is remarkably honest about most of what she says and a really bad liar about the rest.

It would've been dumb to judge Emet-Selch based on 4.4 (I think that was when he first turned up), but I feel like 6.2 gives a pretty accurate view of Zero.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
After a no-show last week, we did Brute Justice, Nael, Manipulator and Twintania in one fell swoop.

https://twitter.com/doctagon_/status/1602626764559171592

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
In that order? Whoof, brute justice was a tough one for my group. Congrats on that.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Sheesh, I "need" 233 tomes this time, not counting the neck.

A lot of those are ones I happen to need to do for ARR relic so I took some notes:
Quarn --3: 14 minutes
Dzemael --3: 14 minutes
Halatali (Hard) --4: 12 minutes

Big Bridge --2: 3 minutes

...I was going to see how long it took to do Frontline, but that seems pretty definitive. If you aren't BLU blitzing and can stand the repetition (I go crosseyed after about three runs that fast and prefer to vary things), do the trials.

I spent a few hours loving around in rival wings last night, working on titles, and got 81 tomes. It doesn't feel like the dungeon/raid grinds cause PVP matches have inherent chaos to them, can't suggest it enough for tome accumulation.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

RME posted:

It’ll be cool when zero turns into zeromus and then we fight and kill her

Yeah it's either that or a part of her was taken/pushed out, given a twisted form in the shape of zeromus.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

FuturePastNow posted:

The sheep mount is a must-have too if you don't have it and can't afford it on the market
Considering I'm a bit stingy on spending Gil. I might actually just get enough for the Falcon and the Albino Karakul since Emotes are a pretty low priority.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I spent long enough on the Doma part of Stormblood that I completely forgot Ala Mhigo was on Eorzea and we were trying to make a continent-spanning pincer attack work with like five dudes. Got a little confused about why they were sending me back to Limsa.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The winners of the weapon design contest got announced, and we're getting some cutlery nouliths:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/34331314b6be44003de2c7853fa0bdd6bafcbe91

I'm kind of curious how that BUG KILLER scythe would have looked in game, but it was not meant to be.

Somebody also had the brilliant idea of a punchghost sage weapon but we aren't getting that either, sadly.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

When the hell are we actually getting all these weapon design contest weapons, it's been months since they announced the other winners

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

these things take time

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Yeah it’s usually a while between announcements and release

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

E: decided to err on the side of caution and move this to spoiler thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso