Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
We could try and convince Elon that dragons exist. I'm sure he could find some evidence that twitter previously suppressed dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

When is this dumb idiot gonna run out of money I want to laugh at him wearing a barrel in public

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Oh God, another one. They're up to five already? I thought they had only done two.

https://twitter.com/bariweiss/status/1602364197194432515

Skimmed over what's been posted briefly, seems to just be whining that Trump technically didn't violate the TOS.

what the gently caress is this QCS chud poo poo. like your rule lawyering that trump go banned for trying a coup. gently caress off.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

sorry but I forgot who asked this

but I asked my bro who is a long time professional journalist his take, and

thats a good point. the gonzo days are gone and socially prorgressive or and least liberal ideals are normal and mostly main stream. so if you want to be counter culture contrarian, suck chud poo poo out their asses and salute them i guess.

like i will say, chud poo poo is the new hippie counter culture for alot of these dipshits.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

goatface posted:

I think using the platform for inciting insurrection is one of those unwritten TOS things.
it's even stupider because the conversations she tweeted don't appear to be about incitement not being in the TOS (because it is) but whether or not his tweets were intended by him to be read as incitement despite clearly having that effect, and whether or not that actually mattered.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

TulliusCicero posted:

Pilot episode was fun with the big dick guy, episodes 2, 3 and 4, were boring wastes of potential, this episode just feels like a rehash of 3

1/10, series needs more dragons

I like how your mind works, you're hired for episode 6.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

goatface posted:

We could try and convince Elon that dragons exist. I'm sure he could find some evidence that twitter previously suppressed dragons.

They do though

Sailfin dragon

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

like i will say, chud poo poo is the new hippie counter culture for alot of these dipshits.

my parents take on the hippy movement, having lived through it, was that it was full of dipshits and not for them but tapped a needed cultural current, and even though the energy for positive change was quickly subverted and co-opted, they both did the "ingest acid, realize capitalism and consumerism is utter horseshit, reject the parts of society they see as dumb and raise their kids (ex: me) to try to have these values" thing that people who didn't just go full-on deadhead often came to.

I think there's a similar thing here, except it is "ingest qanon garbage, decide objective reality doesn't exist and empathy is utter horseshit, reject the parts of society they see as dumb and "progressive" and raise their kids (ex: Kyle Rittenhouse) to try to have these values"

and we're already seeing the results, and, folks, they aren't pretty. Heard that Rittenhouse kid got fast tracked to the right wing grift circuit after killing some folks? Concerning. Handled!

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

learnincurve posted:

rushes into thread going "Asperger's no longer exists!" It was retired as a diagnosis in 2013* and is now simply Autism/Neurodivergent/sensory issues depending where on the spectrum the individual falls.

It never did exist really, Asperger himself was a Nazi of the eugenics head measuring kind and the only thing it's done is put a whole bunch of people in a "lesser" category and denied them access to disability services for no reason. For example Asperger's in the UK did not automatically get you access special needs education, and it could be as simple as not being allowed pink exam papers where as someone with identical issues would - and all because a different doctor decided to classify them as ASD not Aspergers on the paperwork.

*edit: the person who wrote the wiki is extremely not mad about this lol

oh my bad, i totally forgot they'd ditched the term entirely

wait, that would mean I'd said something incorrect, scratch that - clearly you must be some devilish, agent-smith-style program, and the wokemind virus is trying to Cancel Asperger's!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Steadiman posted:

I like how your mind works, you're hired for episode 6.

Thank you Mr. Musk!

I don't really have experience in journalism, but I once wrote an article in High School about the cultural power of action figures and I jury rigged a ps2 to play japanese games, So I think I'm more than qualified :smug:

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
https://twitter.com/JohnONolan/status/1602330377812643850

haha, thread is worth a read

Ghost should sue the gently caress out of substack over license violations, just for the resulting video footage of Taibbi having to go out and buy more Depends.

Trollipop
Apr 10, 2007

hippin and hoppin

Doctor Butts posted:

Jordan B Pedoson was right there, dude.

I feel dumb

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
In other news, Tesla stock price broke through $170 and is currently at lowest point of the year. So Musk does provide some comedy.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Binary Logic posted:

In other news, Tesla stock price broke through $170 and is currently at lowest point of the year. So Musk does provide some comedy.

Look at that, Elon'sWorld actually made me laugh today

:lol:

Guess shareholders don't like the dragging behind a truck Elon is doing to the brand recognition.

Lmao is he going to be kicked out of the chair of another company he owns? :allears:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I think part of hating trans people is literally the inability to admit any mistake ever. Like, as simple an act of using a different pronoun means accepting the one they used the first time was incorrect. It is impossible that they were wrong, therefore trans people don't exist.

There are plenty of other reasons too, it's not just one thing. But for some I do think it is this petty.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

TulliusCicero posted:

Known "Centrist" Bari Weiss whining about the Insurrectionist Prrsident being banned from a Communications platform

What causes these wierd Reactionary Journos like Glenn, Matt, and her? Class level difference? Broke brain contrarianism?

20 years ago Weiss was a rightwing NYT columnist, Greenwald was a libertarian internet crank, and Taibbi was one of those South Park-brained dudes who loved doing vague anti-establishment posturing about his basically generic liberal status quo politics. Only Matt could have even possibly ended up anywhere else today, but eventually a Twitter callout thread about his dumb broey frathouse stories from Russia did what none of the Goldman Sachs depredations or CIA ops he wrote about could and radicalized him.

really the shocking thing is that he went squealing to the fash and Mark Ames didn't, I always had that dude pegged as the real piece of poo poo out of the Exile crew back in the day.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 12, 2022

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
We are now at the Podcaster stage of Twitter ads. We're getting close to "Come Play my lord"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

koshmar posted:

We are now at the Podcaster stage of Twitter ads. We're getting close to "Come Play my lord"

Can't wait till Mafia City is advertising next to a Biden Admin tweet

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

NmareBfly posted:

I think part of hating trans people is literally the inability to admit any mistake ever. Like, as simple an act of using a different pronoun means accepting the one they used the first time was incorrect. It is impossible that they were wrong, therefore trans people don't exist.

There are plenty of other reasons too, it's not just one thing. But for some I do think it is this petty.

Yeah its not just straight up uncomplicated bigotry ala turbo christians who think that god made you perfect and you are defying god by being trans. Like I dont agree with you but that tracks and is consistent within your belief system (still hosed up though)

Its just "how dare you burden me with your pronouns" like it is a burden to address someone. It's mind boggling. The very idea that pronouns are a burden is the idea that thinking before you talk is a burden.

* looks at musk tweets*

oh i guess thinking before you talk is a burden to some

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Only Matt could have even possibly ended up anywhere else today, but eventually a Twitter callout thread about his dumb broey Exile bullshit did what none of the Goldman Sachs depredations or CIA ops he wrote about could and radicalized him.

Those things he wrote about didn't impact him personally at all, whereas being held accountable for his personal behavior created perceived threats to his social capital (it didn't, all he had to do was apologize for his past behavior and shut up for a few months).

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

I'm okay with the pronouns poo poo if it comes from a person who calls everyone Steve with he/him pronouns because they can't be arsed to remember anything about anyone. At least that'll be consistent.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what the gently caress is this QCS chud poo poo. like your rule lawyering that trump go banned for trying a coup. gently caress off.

There's this fan-art site that I've been in charge of for like 20 years and one of the perks of being the person who wrote it and is its unquestioned dictator is that when a couple of shithead 14-year-olds decide to try to rules-lawyer their way into forcing me to let them stay on the site after being homophobic or racist pieces of poo poo, I can just say "lol go away".

The rules and guidelines I have posted are just there to let you know someone's paying attention to the poo poo you do. If you want to piss around and find out what you can get away with because maybe it isn't explicitly listed in the things you are prohibited fro doing, you'll discover that I have no problem making a special rule just for you, applying it to you, and then naming it after you so you serve as an example to others.

Elon and Taibbi are being 14-year-old community art site trolls

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

wedgie deliverer posted:

Those things he wrote about didn't impact him personally at all, whereas being held accountable for his personal behavior created perceived threats to his social capital (it didn't, all he had to do was apologize for his past behavior and shut up for a few months).

It's truly incredible how many people decide to reorient their life around a single thing instead of being like "yeah sorry that sucked it doesn't make it okay but it was a different time and I've grown" and ignoring it for the rest of their life

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Macichne Leainig posted:

It's the stadium metric for billionaires. As soon as they put their name up on a stadium it's all downhill from there

Mile High Stadium in Denver is a prime example. People didn't want the name bought and changed when they built the new stadium. Invesco bought it and met them in the middle at: Invesco Field at Mile High, they went bankrupt two years later.

Sports Authority bought the rights, they went belly up two years later.

Now it's Empower Field at Mile High, and we are heading towards year 3 so...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Macichne Leainig posted:

It's the stadium metric for billionaires. As soon as they put their name up on a stadium it's all downhill from there

Hoping this applies to Crypto.com Arena

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Aren’t there multiple stadiums named after already bankrupt Crypto sites?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

bobjr posted:

Aren’t there multiple stadiums named after already bankrupt Crypto sites?

If they are actually bankrupt they can sell the naming rights, so that should get changed as things proceed.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What gets me, an middle aged British lesbian, is that until maybe 2019 and I started getting exposed to terfyfucks I never even thought about pronouns. I don't remember a time when I didn't simply ask someone's drat name, and if there is any confusion as to what pronouns someone uses you bloody well ask them and it's fine, now you know.

My grandma hated being called she , "whose she? the cat's mother!?" and would always insist on being called by her chosen name - when she met my other grandmother they liked each others names so much that they swapped. Names are important to people, especially if you chose your own and it's obvious to any idiot that the right wing's obsession with pronouns is about dehumanising people and sticking them in the box marked Different.

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica

goatface posted:

Totally doable but we'd need someone to take a job at Tesla or Twitter and then suck up enough rear end to get close to Musky. Once someone's there they can convince him his mom is a rock.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

NmareBfly posted:

you talk to a lot of these people and it rapidly becomes clear that there's just zero psychological distinction there between asking a stranger to do something and having that stranger rounded up and shot. They'll call the cops any time they see a teenager walk down the sidewalk and hope they kill him because that's what you do when someone you don't know makes you feel uncomfortable and they'll talk about hearing someone asked their neighbor's cousin's roommate to rephrase a sentence exactly as though that roommate were murdered by the state, because these are all the same things. I'd assume it was a product of being socialized in the American suburbs where there really aren't any accepted steps between total non-interaction and calling the cops but then IDK what England's problem is.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 12, 2022

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Musk bought Twitter because Hard Drive owned him so hard that he spent months after talking about how he was going to "steal their memes".

I can only imagine he's going to attempt to buy San Francisco or some poo poo after being booed by a stadium.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Musk is the prime example of the conservative brain worms of "I can tell you what to do, you can't tell me what to do"

"It's a burden to have to call someone how they want to be called" yeah it's also a burden to watch your artificial Blobfish pasty rear end flail about and see your horrific posting bro

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Elon somehow making Tesla stock look worse than investing in crypto. It's hilarious that the entire board are all Musk yes men, and their only purpose to exist is to make sure the CEO runs everything properly. They're all going to get sued into oblivion.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Headline of the Day:
Elon Musk’s Memo Threatening Twitter Employees Who Leak to the Media Is Leaked to the Media

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/elon-musk-memo-threatening-twitter-185239321.html

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

A farting mink posted:

Totally doable but we'd need someone to take a job at Tesla or Twitter and then suck up enough rear end to get close to Musky. Once someone's there they can convince him his mom is a rock.

what in history has suggested he respects the opinions of any of his employees, just start up a rightwing clickfarm Twitter account where you report on how HRT is turning groomed children into dragons and he'll be in your mentions tomorrow

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Binary Logic posted:

Headline of the Day:
Elon Musk’s Memo Threatening Twitter Employees Who Leak to the Media Is Leaked to the Media

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/elon-musk-memo-threatening-twitter-185239321.html

Can he stop doing literally everything the Trump White House did

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

TulliusCicero posted:

Musk is the prime example of the conservative brain worms of "I can tell you what to do, you can't tell me what to do"

"It's a burden to have to call someone how they want to be called" yeah it's also a burden to watch your artificial Blobfish pasty rear end flail about and see your horrific posting bro

Even if you are bad at it, just apologize, if you are bad at keeping track, inform them. Gee I'm bad at remember my brain just goes on auto it will eventually stick if you keep reminding me I'm not doing it to be an rear end in a top hat I swear! See! Simple! But no can't ever say anything wrong so have to defend it.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Beefed Owl posted:

Mile High Stadium in Denver is a prime example. People didn't want the name bought and changed when they built the new stadium. Invesco bought it and met them in the middle at: Invesco Field at Mile High, they went bankrupt two years later.

Sports Authority bought the rights, they went belly up two years later.

Now it's Empower Field at Mile High, and we are heading towards year 3 so...

My 'retirement' is through Empower, uh oh.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

what in history has suggested he respects the opinions of any of his employees, just start up a rightwing clickfarm Twitter account where you report on how HRT is turning groomed children into dragons and he'll be in your mentions tomorrow

Just make a clone account of Ian Miles Chong and say Dragon Waifus exist

He will be in your dms in seconds

Honestly just @him in any capacity: he seems to personally respond to literally every reply or mention of him all loving day anyway

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

It can be a burden to call people what they want to be called. I get it. You get to know people one way then you discover they want to be called something else entirely, it's confusing.

Like, all this loving time I knew this one guy as 'dumbshit von fuckface' but he's all like blocking my messages and poo poo now because he insists on being called 'Elon Musk'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

wedgie deliverer posted:

the really funny part in retrospect is he could have also done neither of those things and people would have just forgotten about it on their own in like three weeks max. But I'm sure it felt like a pretty big deal at the time, getting yelled at by scandalized teens for hanging around the newspaper that ran regular columns on rating whores and the best murders of the week