Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HootTheOwl posted:

Just lose.
Unless you're nuzlocking fighting something much stronger than you is half the fun of open world

Yeah like what's the complaint here? If you accidentally go somewhere that's too high level, just leave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

:same: Gardevoir has been my main raid mon since the Charizard raids.

They debuted in ruby/ sapphire right? I know I was unspoiled on the new mons because it was before spoilers were super easy to find, and I thought the whole line was great. Ralts is adorable :3:

snohax
May 30, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

this is very kind of you, however: i havent updated because i love glitch abuse, and also i wont be satisfied until i can catch roaring moon in a friend ball, because the color scheme is literally perfect

If you're worried about losing access to the duplication glitch, you can still have it on the current patch with a little preparation before updating. I left a koraidon copy in my party (and a box full of backups in case I somehow lose that one) and can still perform the fast duplication trick on the current patch using the battle team view. The only thing they fixed was the glitch that let you send ko/miraidon to the PC in the first place.

Full disclosure I did hear a claim that someone's legendary copies disappeared after updating, but this is third-hand information, and for all we know it could be a case of someone turning off auto save and forgetting to put a manual one down before they updated. For my part I haven't run into any issue.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I wish I still had access to the dupe glitch so I could have a bunch of apricorn balls, but the game updated without my input sadly. :sigh:

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

precision posted:

They debuted in ruby/ sapphire right? I know I was unspoiled on the new mons because it was before spoilers were super easy to find, and I thought the whole line was great. Ralts is adorable :3:

Yeah they're a rare encounter very early on in R/S. Your stupid rival catches one immediately, and every time I played Emerald I'd run around in that patch of grass for like half an hour til I caught one.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is there anything special about the catchable Titan Pokemon?

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Add me to the list of people who’ve lost a shiny to recoil or explosion. RIP shiny gogoat. If only I could have used spore and caught you

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I think they have 'Fantastic' for all IVs

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Electric Phantasm posted:

30 ivs, titan mark, are bigger.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

30 ivs, titan mark, are bigger.

Are they breedable? I mean I'm pretty sure the size doesn't pass down...

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Framboise posted:

I wish I still had access to the dupe glitch so I could have a bunch of apricorn balls, but the game updated without my input sadly. :sigh:

In case of a future badass glitch, turn off auto updates and turn on airplane mode until you’re ready to update

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Flopsy posted:

Are they breedable? I mean I'm pretty sure the size doesn't pass down...

No idea. Between Hypertraining, and Mirror Herbs I don't see the point in breeding.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

No idea. Between Hypertraining, and Mirror Herbs I don't see the point in breeding.

Guess I'll find out later oh well. Still waiting for the day Gamefreak will just let pokemon have size differences like in Arecus honestly.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
lol when future Hariyama is defeated in a tera raid its head spins around and around

snohax
May 30, 2011

Framboise posted:

If you have a few specifics you want feel free to PM me or catch me on the discord. Trading one at a time isn't great, but it's still better than nothing (or grinding auctions or the tournament for some minuscule chance at one).

Seriously GF give us a reasonable way to stock up on the various pokeball styles. That or make ball seals a permanent feature. Just let me give my friends fancy effects when I send them out :argh:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Flopsy posted:

Guess I'll find out later oh well. Still waiting for the day Gamefreak will just let pokemon have size differences like in Arecus honestly.

They do in this game I thought?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

HootTheOwl posted:

They do in this game I thought?

They do although there aren't alpha pokemon like in arceus. You get ones that are a little bit smaller or bigger

Just got a telling off from Jacq for taking part in my first 6* raid

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

big black turnout posted:

How often do y'all decline to catch raid mons?

Almost every single one unless it's a really good Pokémon with a beneficial Terra type

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

All the time. After you have a couple mons with 5 of 6 perfect stats the rest are just kind of useless tera types. Ill keep them if it's one I plan to maybe use, I wonder trade the leftovers.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Flopsy posted:

good news!
https://twitter.com/Mootmonthly/status/1600152978056306688

(im hopeful this means that when pokemon are transferable from PLA, Alphas will keep their "XXXL and then some" appearance. Because the alternative is that they get squashed down to "normal" max parameters and get a title like "the Once Really Large" and thats just sad)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bring back alphas, I want comically large pokemon towering over everything.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

good news!
https://twitter.com/Mootmonthly/status/1600152978056306688

(im hopeful this means that when pokemon are transferable from PLA, Alphas will keep their "XXXL and then some" appearance. Because the alternative is that they get squashed down to "normal" max parameters and get a title like "the Once Really Large" and thats just sad)

Hooray! Maybe not be as impressive as your average alpha but definitely not nothing and I appreciate the fact they did add in some size variation. I actually have the last gardevoir in the picture too lol

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Ive passively filled up 16/32 boxes with neat but mostly useless mons just playing the game since release which is exciting but A) ive just begun to genuinely EV train my 3rd pokemon so its pretty crowded for not much gain, B) I dont actually have a general idea which Tera Type combos are worth keeping or not or what i should be striving for

I will knock out a second save once I start my perfect organized LivingDex bc forget going through all these boxes. God Bless This Mess!!!!

on the topic of whats good or not, does anybody have a Tera Type calculator? I found a 2 type calculator with the option for a 3rd type on type but it doesnt allow for doubling up on typings/the Tera Type bonuses

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

The worst thing in this game is that when you get an egg it automatically goes into the boxes even if there are multiple open slots in your party.

I forgot about this and spent an embarrassingly long time riding in circles on the Artazon battlefield trying to hatch nothing at all.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Mustached Demon posted:

Bring back alphas, I want comically large pokemon towering over everything.

Alpha mamoswine is bigger than most of the buildings in town. I love it

snohax
May 30, 2011

wizard2 posted:

Ive passively filled up 16/32 boxes with neat but mostly useless mons just playing the game since release which is exciting but A) ive just begun to genuinely EV train my 3rd pokemon so its pretty crowded for not much gain, B) I dont actually have a general idea which Tera Type combos are worth keeping or not or what i should be striving for

I will knock out a second save once I start my perfect organized LivingDex bc forget going through all these boxes. God Bless This Mess!!!!

on the topic of whats good or not, does anybody have a Tera Type calculator? I found a 2 type calculator with the option for a 3rd type on type but it doesnt allow for doubling up on typings/the Tera Type bonuses

Defensively, a Tera pokemon behaves as a single type pokemon of whatever type its Tera is. Offensively, they have STAB for both their original type(s) and Tera type. If their Tera type is the same as one of their original types, the STAB bonus for that type becomes 2x total, instead of the usual 1.5x.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
game freak continue to be god awful at net code. "You weren't able to join." Yes I know that, I know it five seconds after selecting the raid, because it never succeeds in loading the raid if it takes more than 5 seconds. I know that for a certainty after 5 seconds, why doesn't your code?

and then you select "random" and it insults you by putting you in a 3 star raid

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
I love the raids and the idea of there being an actual PvE endgame in Pokémon so it's especially pathetic that we've had two consecutive generations where they simply cannot figure out how to make a functional turn-based battle system.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
I quite enjoy the raids once I've gotten into one! They're more fun than the slow and plodding Dynamax raids were. It's just a shame it can be so hard to get into one.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

wizard2 posted:

The standard damage calculator lets you change a Pokémon's ability, so people have just been switching it to Adaptability to see the 2x Terra boost until they create a calc for it

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Hammerite posted:

game freak continue to be god awful at net code. "You weren't able to join." Yes I know that, I know it five seconds after selecting the raid, because it never succeeds in loading the raid if it takes more than 5 seconds. I know that for a certainty after 5 seconds, why doesn't your code?

and then you select "random" and it insults you by putting you in a 3 star raid

Maybe it's because I played Sword this summer when a lot of people had moved on, and am playing Violet at launch, but it seems even worse this time around. I've never been able to manually join a raid, only random.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I swear this game taunts me. It keeps giving me duplicate shinies or ones for the thing I’m not looking for

On the other hand getting a shiny tinkertuff while looking for a dusk Lycanroc was pretty great

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

399/400!

Now to just find some more of those goddamn Gimmighoul chests.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Blaziken386 posted:

Lol it’s funny you say this because barring some kind of patch, datamining has revealed importing an alpha Pokémon does exactly that: you get the biggest size possible in SV and a special mark. The title is “the Former Alpha” though

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Okay, I'm playing in scarlet and I just got to 399 in my dex missing only Miriadon. There aren't any mon cloning glitches we know of in this version, right? So if I actually want a Miriadon to fight with I'll need to buy Violet and get him traded to me just for that? Are there any other options?

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

BitBasher posted:

Okay, I'm playing in scarlet and I just got to 399 in my dex missing only Miriadon. There aren't any mon cloning glitches we know of in this version, right? So if I actually want a Miriadon to fight with I'll need to buy Violet and get him traded to me just for that? Are there any other options?

You can catch the rear end in a top hat Koraidon outside of Lab Zero and trade it for somebody else's rear end in a top hat Miraidon.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I would be happy to permatrade assholes I have miraidon

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
ya you get a second dino, basically for trades, LivingDex, in the future Home, whatever, in addition to your dinocycle bro from the plot that is always bound

I noticed that my Scarlet dino from the plot was Tera Dragon but the second dino was Tera Fighting (which is more advantageous if you like Collision Course)

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

wizard2 posted:

ya you get a second dino, basically for trades, LivingDex, in the future Home, whatever, in addition to your dinocycle bro from the plot that is always bound

I noticed that my Scarlet dino from the plot was Tera Dragon but the second dino was Tera Fighting (which is more advantageous if you like Collision Course)

Right, that's kind of my problem. They aren't the same so I didn't want to trade one permanently. Looks like I may pick up and shotgun through Violet.

Since there is no Home support there's no way to trade between my own two versions of a game right now? I have to use a third person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I actually fell on my sword and gave away the second dino to my best PokéBro irl for his long term LivingDex, no real ideal way of going about it