Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

And of course the fact remains that it's the absolute right of a corporation or person to tell the government to get the gently caress off your property by revoking your invitation. Not a single one of these idiots would have an issue with kicking Biden off the platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

The Last Call posted:

So a business had to make a decision, and they did after much discussion in a situation that was beyond anything anyone had dealt with before.

That is wrong.

Yet he's operating a business and since he's not a filthy liberal that's woke, he's correct.

That's his argument, isn't it.

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1601241214866853890

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

kazil posted:

I can't think of any other crime that took place around early January 2021 that was as bad

Anyone here still dumb enough to have an active Twitter account, I beg you to carpet bomb those replies with this wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_proceedings_in_the_January_6_United_States_Capitol_attack#Seditious_conspiracy

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kw0134 posted:

And of course the fact remains that it's the absolute right of a corporation or person to tell the government to get the gently caress off your property by revoking your invitation. Not a single one of these idiots would have an issue with kicking Biden off the platform.

Elon should kick all these woke lib governments off the platform! Then they will be erased from the internet and Trump will be the rightful President!

Lmao this guy is a fuckin Clown

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

what the gently caress does this even mean? are they anti-pronoun now? aren't "pronoun rituals" exactly the thing trans activists are fighting against? right wingers cry so much about "wokeness" and then move in to adopt progressive framing and gently caress it up so bad they're just nonsensical.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Pronouns are meaningless and that's why me engaging with "the pronoun ritual" is...harmful?

Like , Jesus, I don't really have a foot in the LGBT sphere, and honestly I'm not the biggest fan of gender as a concept, and I spend most my day within a language that generally lacks it, but understanding that this person prefers these sounds to refer to them and respecting that is not some bastion of moral/societal decline It's having basic respect

Also lol, "kids in danger" mate , just wait till zoomers grow up and you are exposed to their 12th dimensional gender bullshit it's so loving good. Just a semantic social challenge of "just try and classify me" and I love it

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1602417226690093057?s=20&t=z5bUiFc6qazYZpBrzPF0lw

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmbol:

"Post Everytime you lol will never be as fragile a person as Baron Von Bass Mouth"

The Richest Man in the world is such a loving gigantic baby

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

:lol:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Isn't that guy Musk is responding to, always defending Musk in post. You know, the nerd equivalent to "weelll actually"

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Jestery posted:

Also lol, "kids in danger" mate , just wait till zoomers grow up and you are exposed to their 12th dimensional gender bullshit it's so loving good. Just a semantic social challenge of "just try and classify me" and I love it

Does this person think that Kids hear the word "they" and immediately start crying?

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

kw0134 posted:

No, listen, it's my god given right to enter your property, regardless of the format but especially if it's boomer accessible social media, and scream profanities and not so thinly veiled threats of violence, and if you do anything about it you're a godless constitution hating wokester.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

"Actually it wasn't booing at all it was a bunch of supermodels in the crowd getting instant orgasms at the mere sight of my Hyper masculine physique and Demi-God charisma, so I didn't get to say my witty and brilliant, thought provoking comedic set about how I identify as an attack helicopter" :smug:

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

TulliusCicero posted:

Just make a clone account of Ian Miles Chong and say Dragon Waifus exist

oh god it's gonna be terra malatora all over again

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The woke Dave Chappelle comedy show goers

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
So it was more like 40% cheering, 10% booing, and 50% fighting. Stay tuned as these numbers update throughout the night

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Five years from now: Twitter Files #1,037 - Who Took The Last Doughnut in the Conference Room?

The Twitter Files #327 - Who is the Turd Avenger? A Twitter employee kept blocking the toilet on floor 7. Was George Soros involved?

Btw it’s been like a week since I stopped checking Twitter every day. I think I’ve done it maybe 10 minutes in the past 3 days. It feels great! But please keep da Melon News coming, thread. Dude’s an idiot

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
The fight happened just out of frame I'm sure. Also, Dave happened to have his back to the fight, that's why he didn't address it at all and instead kept talking about the very few people who actually booed. Stay tuned to this developing story about what happened yesterday!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This dude is more thin-skinned than a guy that whined about a slight ramp

What the Actual gently caress

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Serious_Cyclone posted:

So it was more like 40% cheering, 10% booing, and 50% fighting. Stay tuned as these numbers update throughout the night

Sadly all of videos of the event keep violating the Twitter TOS and getting removed so we'll never know what really happened

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

https://mobile.twitter.com/TimClarePoet/status/1602330734357782530

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/Chinchillazllla/status/1602428890294648832

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Incredible

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

TulliusCicero posted:

I think I actually hate this Trout lipped Boer Dipshit more than Trump

I didn't think it was possible for me to hate someone more vehemently than Donald J Trump, but man this guy found a way.

Preface: This post is not to defend Trump in any way. He's a greasy snivelling bag of poo poo who peddles in Capital D Dangerous rhetoric and has an army of braindead incels at his back. He is a terrible human and I wish him the worst.

But I honestly find him less hateable than Elon.

Elon just has this incredible level of smug that's off the loving charts. He is a smug singularity. It's a different flavour of narcissism compared to Trump.

Trump is almost innocent in his toddler-like self centered view of the world; he genuinely cannot help see the world in a special lens where everything revolves around him and anyone who disagrees must be some sort of absolute lunatic who fails to see the truth right in front of their eyes. Reality bends for Trump as if it was nothing - there is no known plane of existence where Trump is not right and anyone who says otherwise is a weak, conniving monster who wants to hurt the world's special boy. He is smarter than his friends, more cunning than his enemies and anything that goes against this narrative is just people trying and failing to hurt him. Of course, this attitude allows him to attack and hurt anyone he feels deserving of his wrath with impunity and that just so happens to be anyone who hasn't pleased him in the last 10 minutes.

Elon is a slimy little snotball who so, so desperately NEEDS to be loved that he is willing to do whatever it takes to get the most positive feedback he possibly can, but unlike Trump he does not have the impenetrable shield of self deception to protect him. He is as thin-skinned as they come and he absolutely knows it. He spends every minute of the day having his self-image of "Real Tony Stark!!!" shattered, shat upon and pissed into a gutter while everyone stands around and laughs and it drives him loving crazy. Trump already lives in an ideal world where everyone loves him: Elon is surrounded by cardboard cutouts that keep blowing over as soon as anyone says anything mean to him. This makes the man petty. This makes him vindictive. Trump leaves when prettier keys are jangled but Elon hunches in a corner firing spitwads at anyone who ever said anything mean to him.

When he's not being petty he is pulling the loving saddest stunts and trying madly to convince himself that everyone is laughing with him instead of at him, but the biggest problem with being unfunny and not being able to take what you dish out is that you can never change that without introspection, humility and the ability to be self-deprecating. He will never have any of these traits. He will continue falling over onto his face again and again and as the negative reaction towards him grows the more and more spiteful he gets until he does something truly damaging to society at large, an arc he is very much following right now.

That's why I hate Elon more than Trump. The damage Trump did was a continent sized splash of toilet water after a ferocious poo poo, unpleasant for everyone involved and borne from a disgusting source. Elon is a loving poison that just spreads with every sycophant that enables him and every comment that bites him too hard, except he'll only ever focus that poison on the weak and vulnerable it's the only people he could possibly win a fight against. Fucker.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

If we keep booing can we erase him from existence?

Hell I'll take him in a barrel with no money like someone said

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Cabbages and Kings posted:

:v: I have no problem with people's identity, but, expecting people to remember pronouns is asking me to carry around a bunch of extra metadata about you, isn't it?

Seems to me that if you worry about "carrying around a bunch of extra metadata" then you should be ok with people displaying their pronouns. I'm a social idiot so I kinda think the pronoun ritual thing is actually a pretty nice courtesy actually, like a social interaction map.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Remember when Hannity had Colmes to kick around? The guy who made money pretending to represent the left but whose real goal was propping up the disgusting beliefs of the right?

That’s Bari Weiss. A loving poo poo.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Within 6 months Musk will have achieved Dark Lords of Ravenloft levels of ironic punishment.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

This quote is like 100% accurate, just from the complete opposite stand point. The 'ritual' of pronouns is the established male/female binary that has been forced fed across society since the beginning, and it does harm many trans and nb people, especially kids.

deoju fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 13, 2022

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lammasu posted:

Within 6 months Musk will have achieved Dark Lords of Ravenloft levels of ironic punishment.

As a DnD player, well done :discourse:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

TulliusCicero posted:

This is literally all because his daughter is transgender and hates him for being a bigoted shithead, and his wife/ partner/ squatting buddy is with a Trans-woman

It can't possibly be him that's wrong! He has to fix Civilization!:shepface:

loving lame

Point of order Chelsea Manning and Grimes have broken up as of last summer. :11tea:

3hands
Feb 23, 2018

seems like we are approaching levels of content that should not be possible

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Lammasu posted:

Please, let's not compare Musk to such legends of tabletop roleplaying like Urik Von Kharkov, a panther who became a man and then became a vampire.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Did Chappelle tell Elon he was funny enough to do this?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/internet/chappelle-elon-musk-dave-video-audience-members-boo-rcna61330

quote:

Chappelle audience members explain why they booed Elon Musk

“It was more boos than I’d ever heard,” one attendee said.

Dec. 12, 2022, 4:23 PM CST

By Kat Tenbarge

Three audience members who were at comedian Dave Chappelle’s show where tech titan Elon Musk was booed off stage say Musk’s characterization of the night wasn’t accurate, and explained why they felt compelled to heckle the world’s richest man.

The Twitter and Tesla CEO joined Chappelle onstage Sunday night at the Chase Center in San Francisco, where Chris Rock was also headlining.

“It was more boos than I’d ever heard,” one attendee, Jason, said in a direct message. “Sustained jeering.”

Two audience members told NBC News they booed Musk because of the widespread firings and layoffs at Twitter. A third person said he booed Musk because of his political agenda. Ahead of the midterms, Musk urged followers to vote for Republicans. The three people shared screenshots of their tickets to the show with NBC News and spoke on the condition that only their first names be used to protect their privacy and avoid backlash from Musk’s fans.

Both cheers and boos can be heard in videos taken of the event, which were viewed millions of times on social media on Monday. Later on Twitter, Musk attributed the mixed reception to his recent embrace of conservative politics.

“Technically, it was 90% cheers & 10% boos (except during quiet periods), but, still, that’s a lot of boos, which is a first for me in real life (frequent on Twitter),” Musk wrote in a tweet.

The tech titan added “It’s almost as if I’ve offended SF’s unhinged leftists … but nahhh.”

All three audience members who spoke to NBC News said Musk’s tweet was inaccurate and that the booing drowned out the cheering.

The incident and the explanations audience members gave NBC News represent a shifting tide for Musk, who has taken on a new level of notoriety since taking over Twitter while vocally supporting conservative causes.

Musk barely spoke onstage, but he did quote from an early 2000s Chappelle skit, saying “I’m rich, bitch!” Musk could also be heard saying “Times like this, I think we’re in a simulation. Like, how can this be real?”

Jason said he and his wife were initially left speechless after Musk came onstage, but he said he started booing after seeing Musk’s “smirk.” Jason referenced Musk letting go about half of Twitter’s employees starting in November when asked why he booed him.

Twitter is based in San Francisco, and Musk also reversed the company’s long-standing remote work policy, requiring employees to come into the office.

“It’s like [Chappelle] brought in the steel mill tycoon who fired the town’s workforce, then thought people in the same town wouldn’t be too upset about it,” Jason said in a direct message.

Another person at the show, Hailey, said she booed Musk in part because of the Twitter layoffs and Musk’s new company policies that “overwork and underpay people,” contributing to mass resignations.

On Nov. 16, Musk sent a company-wide email to remaining employees that asked them to commit to “working long hours at high intensity” or exit the company. The San Francisco Department of Building Inspection opened an investigation into Twitter’s offices after photos taken inside the building appeared to show beds being set up, despite the building being zoned for commercial, not residential, space.

Hailey also called Musk an “imposter” who didn’t start Tesla, but “passes it off as his own work.” She wasn’t the only audience member who felt that way about Musk — another attendee, Jack, called him a “wolf in sheep’s clothing.”

Musk has said one of his primary goals in running Twitter is fostering free speech, restoring the accounts of former President Donald Trump and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga. Jack, who said he also booed Musk, said Musk’s idea of “free speech” is “meant to shift views further right.”

“He has agendas that are not good for democracy,” Jack said in a direct message. He “wasn’t really surprised” to hear people boo Musk.

“People in the Bay Area are pretty thoughtful and capable of nuance,” he wrote.

Within 48 hours of his Twitter takeover, Musk tweeted and deleted an unfounded, anti-LGBTQ conspiracy theory about Paul Pelosi’s attack. The day before his appearance at Chappelle’s show, Musk also called for Anthony Fauci, the chief medical adviser to the president, to be prosecuted. He has repeatedly mocked preferred pronouns used by transgender people.

Chappelle has also faced backlash for his comments about transgender people. Jason, who said he used to be a fan of Chappelle’s before the comedian reached mainstream popularity, said Musk’s appearance showed Chappelle’s “lack of self-awareness.”

“He seems like he’s been rich too long now,” he wrote.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
In defense of Musk, we missed out on some absolute bangers after Trump got banned. Imagine his tweets during his impeachment. Or during the inauguration

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Ok sure but why the gently caress are y'all at a Chappelle show :confused:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

big black turnout posted:

Ok sure but why the gently caress are y'all at a Chappelle show :confused:

They said Chris Rock was co-headlining so maybe to see him.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Imagine spending time interviewing people for this story, writing a NYT-style neutrally-toned article and publishing it with your actual name attached to it. They even bothered formally fact-checking the boo-urns tweet, a solid candidate for most pathetic tweet of all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

It's pretty hilarious how Chappelle just went on and on about how people were booing.