Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Was just about to start a Chaos-Goblin Andreas run so excited to see this new Endris mini-game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Okay, fine, Martin isn't Martin. My other points stand, though. Did he go missing after the bonfire, and can he read?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sorry Josh that my first post in this thread includes a description of a bug but I just started this today and in the glossary it gave me the info for Vespers a second time but not the info for Divine Office :( this was with the latest update installed too

Otherwise loving it. I wasn’t sure about the art in stills, but in motion with the minimal animation (especially the boat ride at the beginning) it looks utterly gorgeous. As someone who absolutely adored New Vegas’ storytelling but has no interest in isometric RPG stuff I am very happy to have a new Josh project that is in my wheelhouse!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Small update: this game fuckin rules god drat. I love my occultist hedonist orator Swiss doctor guy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hell yeah!

And yeah just wanna say I love the animation in the game. Particularly where you hit moments where suddenly the character is doing things you've never seen them do before. I'm thinking in particular of (Act 3) Magda climbing down the well but also late Act 2 Andreas trying to punch the knight, getting socked in the gut and immediately vomiting all over the floor :lol:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Jerusalem posted:

but also late Act 2 Andreas trying to punch the knight, getting socked in the gut and immediately vomiting all over the floor :lol:
what game are you playing and why does it bear no resemblence to mine? Andreas punched no knights, he spent the riot in the library, trying to rescue as many books as he could before he burned alive.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

New minigame + Instant Dialogue in action.

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1602472867463303169

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Act 2 question Are there any interactions with the landsknecht? He was just sorta there and the only thing I could do was play cards with him and tell my apprentice "Being a mercenary probably sucks". When I saw him sharpening a katzbalger I did a pog irl and was wondering if I could talk with him more

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Buschmaki posted:

Act 2 question Are there any interactions with the landsknecht? He was just sorta there and the only thing I could do was play cards with him and tell my apprentice "Being a mercenary probably sucks". When I saw him sharpening a katzbalger I did a pog irl and was wondering if I could talk with him more

Jerusalem posted:

Hell yeah!

And yeah just wanna say I love the animation in the game. Particularly where you hit moments where suddenly the character is doing things you've never seen them do before. I'm thinking in particular of (Act 3) Magda climbing down the well but also late Act 2 Andreas trying to punch the knight, getting socked in the gut and immediately vomiting all over the floor :lol:

As alluded to in Jerusalem's post here, in Act 2 if you buy everyone a round at the inn, you can get try to punch him during the brawl and get hilariously owned. it was definitely an interaction!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Professor Beetus posted:

As alluded to in Jerusalem's post here, in Act 2 if you buy everyone a round at the inn, you can get try to punch him during the brawl and get hilariously owned. it was definitely an interaction!
Oh, that's when that can happen.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Professor Beetus posted:

Lmao I had rapscallion as a background and tried to sucker punch him, and instead of vomitting on the floor he just loving knocked me out cold instead

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I enjoyed the minigame :) nice to do a sweet lil favour for a friend so early in the story

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Just started today. Game already owns

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Buschmaki posted:

Lmao I had rapscallion as a background and tried to sucker punch him, and instead of vomitting on the floor he just loving knocked me out cold instead

There's even an achievement for it! I didn't realize you needed rapscallion so I got the gutpunch/vomit combo instead :allears:

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Thankfully there are some fights you can win as a Rapscallion, in A2 when you're trying to sneak food to the priests in the library and dont' have the player intelligence to ask the sisters for help, you can try to brusquely talk past Karl (and fail) and then you cold cock him instead :v:; funny thing is there's no real penalty outside of that, he even shows up in the same spot later with no repercussions besides failing to deliver the food

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'M SORRY WOJSLAV I NEEDED THE ACHIEVEMENT OH GOD I AM SO SORRY :gonk:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Act 2 is phenomenal. Just a constant rising tension of this powder keg situation that is about to ignite at any moment, and then at the end of the act a moment of calm, the false hope that just maybe everything is going to be alright, and then everything just ignites - loving literally.

This game is incredibly good at presenting me a list of options that are equally valid - or sometimes equally repulsive - rendering a decision all but impossible. But tough poo poo, a decision has to be made anyway and the game is going to show you the consequences of it every step of the way. Just wonderful narrative writing all throughout.

I'm mid Act 3 now. I don't know how this is all going to end, but I'm going to savour every last minute of this game finding out.

Mode 7 fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Dec 13, 2022

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Someone please get me a copy of Till Eulenspiegel for Christmas thanks

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok my one issue so far: the game does make it clear that you won’t get to do everything within the time limits, but I don’t think it was clear enough that you can only do one specific thing per time of day, especially Nones, which is over twice the length of some of the others. I am pretty unhappy that I missed the chance to examine the body just because I decided to help out one single other person instead. I was so sure that the more blocks it takes up in the clock thing the more time you would have cos idk that just seems like common sense right?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Escobarbarian posted:

I looked, briefly, and haven't yet found a copy that was in English, substantive, and unbowdlerized.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Escobarbarian posted:

Ok my one issue so far: the game does make it clear that you won’t get to do everything within the time limits, but I don’t think it was clear enough that you can only do one specific thing per time of day, especially Nones, which is over twice the length of some of the others. I am pretty unhappy that I missed the chance to examine the body just because I decided to help out one single other person instead. I was so sure that the more blocks it takes up in the clock thing the more time you would have cos idk that just seems like common sense right?

For that exact activity Andreas specifically says "if I don't do this right now I'll miss out"

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Escobarbarian posted:

I'm from south germany, we had to read it for school in like 7th, 8th grade? I dont remember any poo poo eating though, probably got censored.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pwnstar posted:

For that exact activity Andreas specifically says "if I don't do this right now I'll miss out"

He doesn’t say “right now” though. He says he might miss it but nothing about how you have to do it right then at that exact moment and can’t even do a single other thing first. And if all the times of day are only one activity long shouldn’t they all be the same size on the clock?

Anyway I finished act 1 and loved it. I believe I discovered all the potential motives except for Lucky’s. I wasn’t about to finger Matilda or the Widow which left me with Fenerc but I don’t think he did it either so I went with Lucky just because hey that’s what you get for being rude to me rear end in a top hat but I had already spilled so much about Ferenc’s arcane business that he still got the blame. Oops!!!!! Feel pretty bad about that one.

Also another bug report - I had a piece of dialogue from Matthieu about how I had frightened his boyfriend in the library and caused him to run away. However, at that time I had not even been in the library and seen them make out.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Hmm did you do the gravedigging sequence and possibly threaten Mathieu there?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's cool that threatening people in this game isn't a speech check and done, it's something that will piss them off a lot down the line

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I did that sequence, but I didn’t threaten him, I just successfully lied

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Finished the game. Fantastic experience, and I even enjoyed Act 3, even though I feel as if I'm in the minority based on opinions of people I know and online.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I liked Act 3 but it would have been better with shared meals.
𝔊𝔬𝔡 𝔟𝔩𝔢𝔰𝔰 𝔶𝔬𝔲

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Finished the game. Fantastic experience, and I even enjoyed Act 3, even though I feel as if I'm in the minority based on opinions of people I know and online.

Loved the game all the way through and teared up at the ending. goty

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

rope kid posted:

Hmm did you do the gravedigging sequence and possibly threaten Mathieu there?

I encountered the same odd remark and my only interactive conversation prior to that moment was talking to him about Peter and Clara's taxes in frank but friendly terms.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Metroid Fitzgerald posted:

Just started today. Game already owns
Ha, I picked that too.

STOP MISUSING DECIMATE YOU FUCKERS, IT HAS "DECI" RIGHT THERE IN THE WORD

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Jerusalem posted:

Lol I realized what I would have to do to 1000/1000 this game and made peace with my 870 or whatever.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I'd be apologising to Mathilda if I were you

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I’m slightly disappointed you can’t dick over Gernot a bit more and he basically doesn’t exist at all in A3, unless I missed it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Regarding comeuppances from Act 2 not appearing in Act 3: I'm a bit bummed that Guy has done a fade, as I made sure to expose his corruption to the Abbott. If they hadn't burned the place down, the town could've had most of its problems solved -- it's clear that the finanical squeeze the Abbey was under, which was being passed on in the increasingly unfair taxes, was entirely due to Guy robbing the place blind. With that stopped, they would've been solvent again.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

CapnAndy posted:

Regarding comeuppances from Act 2 not appearing in Act 3: I'm a bit bummed that Guy has done a fade, as I made sure to expose his corruption to the Abbott. If they hadn't burned the place down, the town could've had most of its problems solved -- it's clear that the finanical squeeze the Abbey was under, which was being passed on in the increasingly unfair taxes, was entirely due to Guy robbing the place blind. With that stopped, they would've been solvent again.

Yeah, the thing about Guy and his secretly giving the money to those in need is that it's still screwing over the folk of Tassing. Is it worth it in the grand scheme of things? Maybe, maybe not, but the story of Pentiment is the story of Tassing (and Kiersau), and he's still the root cause of pretty much all the major problems in the town

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
There's basically a correllative ratio of "probably did it" and "has sympathetic tale" for all the suspects.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

404notfound posted:

Yeah, the thing about Guy and his secretly giving the money to those in need is that it's still screwing over the folk of Tassing. Is it worth it in the grand scheme of things? Maybe, maybe not, but the story of Pentiment is the story of Tassing (and Kiersau), and he's still the root cause of pretty much all the major problems in the town
Okay, I never heard that motive; how proven is it? Is it just something Guy tells you? I intentionally never mentioned what I'd found to him.

Also, even if it is, that's still super not okay. Gaspar makes clear that he's embezzling a tremendous sum, and even if Guy says he was giving it to the poor and, I assume, offers a "the abbey didn't need it" justification -- they clearly loving need it, they're going bankrupt, and you know this because YOU KEEP THE GODDAMN BOOKS. And you know who else is in need? The loving peasants, whose suffering you are directly increasing! And you know who's good at doing charity work? loving CHURCHES LIKE THE ONE YOU'RE STEALING FROM!

Man, gently caress Guy.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Question : if you do the autopsy as a medical student, is Andreas implying that the mercury used to treat the Baron's syphilis may have made him mercurial ? Or am I reading too much into this ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Okay, I never heard that motive; how proven is it? Is it just something Guy tells you? I intentionally never mentioned what I'd found to him.

Also, even if it is, that's still super not okay. Gaspar makes clear that he's embezzling a tremendous sum, and even if Guy says he was giving it to the poor and, I assume, offers a "the abbey didn't need it" justification -- they clearly loving need it, they're going bankrupt, and you know this because YOU KEEP THE GODDAMN BOOKS. And you know who else is in need? The loving peasants, whose suffering you are directly increasing! And you know who's good at doing charity work? loving CHURCHES LIKE THE ONE YOU'RE STEALING FROM!

Man, gently caress Guy.

I do think that's true to a degree, but one thing to keep in mind is that the Abbot is still culpable as well.

He's clearly still living in relative extravagance, so whatever he's doing with that money, he's more willing to starve the peasants than to go without.