Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Bedurndurn posted:

How do you go about adding external windows into a VR game? Like streamers being able to read their chat or something like that?

I'm playing DCS in Occulus VR mode and I'd like to be able to add a window with like a PDF viewer or maybe a youtube window so I can reference a tutorial while still wearing my face toaster.

You can pin windows using the oculus overlay. Personally I use Xsoverlay as it's nicer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah XSOverlay rules, yes it costs money but I’ve more than gotten my £7 worth from it.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

The Oculus Home software can do it natively. For SteamVR, I use OVR Toolkit

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Kazy posted:

I mean steamvr can natively pull out windows now too if i remember right.

Twitch/Youtube chat specifically LIV streamerkit is decent.

I still use OVR Toolkit tbh. Wrist watch and poo poo with my trackers batteries and all that.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Picked my wife’s quest up from Best Buy today, the box says it has a resident evil download code inside, cool cool, but the bundle on Best Buy’s site also said it included beat saber, but I don’t see any info (at least via my phone) on how to redeem that. Is that just something through registering the device with meta or what, anyone know?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Turin Turambar posted:

There is one. I haven't tried, but it's on the flat2vr discord
https://discord.com/invite/ZFSCSDe

Wow, thank you. I went and grabbed it and it is really, really good.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I played Nerf Ultimate Championship, they have a free 30 min trial

I dot really go for shooting games in VR but this one does not feel violent at all. Its clear you are shooting darts, all the Nerf blasters make the right noises , the darts even veer off at the end of their shot too. There is a double jump and wall running mechanic that is fun

There are 5 maps now i think, all 4 v 4. There is a king of the mountain one, a hold A B C one, a small factory level, and 2 big arenas.

For $15 bux its not bad

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 10, 2022

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Lord Stimperor posted:

What's the deal with the Pico and VD? IsnVD not available on there?

It is, am guessing he's annoyed at people sideloading?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bad Munki posted:

Picked my wife’s quest up from Best Buy today, the box says it has a resident evil download code inside, cool cool, but the bundle on Best Buy’s site also said it included beat saber, but I don’t see any info (at least via my phone) on how to redeem that. Is that just something through registering the device with meta or what, anyone know?

Found it, sounds like it happens on registration.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kazy posted:

Swap to XSOverlay if you can. The hand menu's nicer and it's a LOT more performant.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

hey man, it could be worse. my wife's quest is to find a man with a working cock! Wahey!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Side(piece)quest

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

hey man, it could be worse. my wife's quest is to find a man with a working cock! Wahey!

Too much beat saber I guess

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

explosivo posted:

Wow, thank you. I went and grabbed it and it is really, really good.

Good to know. I'm also hearing nice things bout Neon White VR mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoSSoc-DxnQ

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Swap to XSOverlay if you can. The hand menu's nicer and it's a LOT more performant.

Last I checked, XSOverlay doesn't do touch emulation so scrolling, etc, is more awkward. I don't like having to use the joysticks.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm releasing the VR update to my game Rhyme Storm soon. :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJkd8jIdcAs

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Lord Stimperor posted:

What's the deal with the Pico and VD? IsnVD not available on there?

I'm using virtual desktop just fine with the Pico 4, in Europe, if that helps! It's better than the native streaming assistant and the free alternative, bigscreen, at least so far.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://uploadvr.com/steam-vr-headset-support-sidebar-removal/

A bit of doom & gloom today. Valve forgetting about VR?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

A good Pico 4 promotion

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

SCheeseman posted:

I've had my run in with his lovely dismissive side too. The behavior doesn't really surprise me.

I’ve interacted with him a few times and my take is he’s one of those “the sweat of mine brow” lolberts and treats piracy like he got mugged for twenty bucks IRL.

That said, I popped into his discord the other week to check on the progress of the OpenVR rewrite and his support channel was unusually packed with machine translated engrish.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Does anyone have one of those Friendcode Referral Money Off things for BeatSaber and PistolWhip for the Oculus Quest 2. Trying to save some cash having to rebuy things I own on Rift :(

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I haven't been playing much vr lately but decided to dust off my Index. Have there been any block buster VR titles I should check out? Obviously I am still playing beat saber, synth riders, walkabout VR, and mucking about in some of the shooters including into the radius but wondering if anything dropped in the last year that was really really great? Its hard sometimes to sift through all the bad titles.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Kwolok posted:

I haven't been playing much vr lately but decided to dust off my Index. Have there been any block buster VR titles I should check out? Obviously I am still playing beat saber, synth riders, walkabout VR, and mucking about in some of the shooters including into the radius but wondering if anything dropped in the last year that was really really great? Its hard sometimes to sift through all the bad titles.

I was gonna say Into the Radius, my favorite game of this year. H3VR is fun too, but that really needs some kind of game loop as it still feels like a tech demo.

• Blade and Sorcery got some really good updates.
  • Bonelabs if you want a fun, but really short game.
  • Contractors and Pavlov have a ton of good mods.
  • Walking Dead Saints & Sinners is on PC now.
  • Moss 2 if you were into Moss 1.
  • Demeo for some coop DND fun.
  • Half Life 2 VR mod.
  • Compound if you want a build engine like VR game.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

FilthyImp posted:

Does anyone have one of those Friendcode Referral Money Off things for BeatSaber and PistolWhip for the Oculus Quest 2. Trying to save some cash having to rebuy things I own on Rift :(

Here you go friend

https://www.oculus.com/referrals/link/partyboatyeah/

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Bondematt posted:

Half Life 2 VR mod.

Wow, I don't know how I missed this one. Will definitely try it soon

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

FilthyImp posted:

pistol whip referral (25% off)

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
I have access to a large empty space at work, that a coworker and I want to use as a VR area when we get bored during the day. Aside from the usual things that are nice to have a big play are inz are there any games that specifically want a large area to generate the game from?

There was one app on app labs that claimed to do this, but it was more of a tech demo then actual game.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I think the Space Pirate Trainer guys did something (a new mode?) that require a big space for 2 players .

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Oh whoops I misinterpreted the money off link thing lol

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Roundboy posted:

I have access to a large empty space at work, that a coworker and I want to use as a VR area when we get bored during the day. Aside from the usual things that are nice to have a big play are inz are there any games that specifically want a large area to generate the game from?

There was one app on app labs that claimed to do this, but it was more of a tech demo then actual game.

Maybe check out Eye of the Temple?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Maybe a too intense experience in VR?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ksoy8Zuwo8

Beat saber rock dlc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpSggDAmDVM
Steppenwolf — Born To Be Wild
Survivor — Eye of the Tiger
KISS — I Was Made For Lovin’ You
Lynyrd Skynyrd — Free Bird
The White Stripes — Seven Nation Army
Nirvana — Smells Like Teen Spirit
Guns N’ Roses — Sweet Child O’ Mine
Foo Fighters — The Pretender

New Demeo hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jXnAZXc0ac&t=33s

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 13, 2022

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Turin Turambar posted:

Beat saber rock dlc

Lynyrd Skynyrd — Free Bird

And its all 8 min 50 seconds or some poo poo.

Professor Wayne posted:

Maybe check out Eye of the Temple?

Good rec. Probably one of the very few games that use space well.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iQlgE-TlvA

The map is insane!

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Insane? Looks boring as hell tbh.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting it to be fun

Wait, not insanity, that other thing. Video games.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

EbolaIvory posted:

That's Freebird on everything it has ever been on

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

EbolaIvory posted:

I think it's more about being in flow with the music than being hard and needing skill.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Chin Strap posted:

That's Freebird on everything it has ever been on

This is fair.

Guess its right in line then.

For an actual fun map, Here ya'll go.

https://beatsaver.com/maps/25e40

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Turin Turambar posted:

I think it's more about being in flow with the music than being hard and needing skill.

Yeah this for me. A lot of people I guess when it comes to beat saber just want the hardest thing ever. Calling that map boring as hell means I guess you need just nonsense technical maps that are artificially challenging because the map to me looks A) hard as gently caress and B) fun as hell. No way I can do that though I am still in expert territory.

EbolaIvory posted:

This is fair.

Guess its right in line then.

For an actual fun map, Here ya'll go.

https://beatsaver.com/maps/25e40

Oh lol then he unironically posted that. Yeah man, I am guessing you have thousands of hours in beat saber or some poo poo. LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Kwolok posted:

Oh lol then he unironically posted that. Yeah man, I am guessing you have thousands of hours in beat saber or some poo poo. LOL

I did indeed unironically post that.

Why? Because its actually interesting and not just recycled 2 year old notes for nearly 9 min.

It also has multiple difficulties that are in fact, not boring. Not sure what hours played here has to do with anything. The maps approachable if you think freebird looks "insane and fun".

And yes, Beat saber was my full time job for like, 2-3 years? Itdon't change the fact freebird looks boring as poo poo.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 13, 2022