Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
My loving god.

Just played with possibly the most ignorant necrophos player ever. Ranked role pick and he's supposed to be playing 4. He refuses to buy wards, refuses to harass in lane, refuses to pull, just sits, soaks XP and blasts down the wave.

Then basically gets every kill because of his ulti and at the end of the game which we somehow win points to his superior kills as his contribution to not being completely loving useless as a support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Necro is the killstealing goat

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Aaaaand very next game I get a mid ench who rushes rapier after brown boots, dies immediately then feeds 6 kills then abandons.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Aaaaand very next game I get a mid ench who rushes rapier after brown boots, dies immediately then feeds 6 kills then abandons.

at least he abandoned

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

My loving god.

Just played with possibly the most ignorant necrophos player ever. Ranked role pick and he's supposed to be playing 4. He refuses to buy wards, refuses to harass in lane, refuses to pull, just sits, soaks XP and blasts down the wave.

Then basically gets every kill because of his ulti and at the end of the game which we somehow win points to his superior kills as his contribution to not being completely loving useless as a support

Winning a game with an actively awful player is honestly worse than losing with all good/nice teammates, because yea, it only encourages their shittiness :(

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

sproink

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

RisqueBarber posted:

at least he abandoned

Still lose mmr though

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

CyberPingu posted:

Still lose mmr though

It's OK im used to that

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Just fought that bloodstone razor build for the first time and yea it's no joke, dude was way tanky

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Wrong vid.
Edit there we go
https://clips.twitch.tv/FilthyOddPartridgeDansGame-SKYzVaHEmzj0ERG1

Edit 2 one more:
https://clips.twitch.tv/GenerousCrackyPineappleCclamChamp-oDvlog8C1JAawdRT

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 12, 2022

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Did yall end up winning after that defense?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Geight posted:

Did yall end up winning after that defense?

No. My team decided to run up against them and died when they instantly died back :(. That was a brutal ranked game in a series of about 5 others. Lost my Ancient 1 rank.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.
I thought weekend Dota was just a meme but my god it really is so much worse. My best lane partner yesterday was a treant pos 4 who just sat in trees contributing nothing (but I repeat myself).

Seriously, what is it about tree players? I’ve learned to expect absolutely nothing from them

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Eldred posted:

I thought weekend Dota was just a meme but my god it really is so much worse. My best lane partner yesterday was a treant pos 4 who just sat in trees contributing nothing (but I repeat myself).

Seriously, what is it about tree players? I’ve learned to expect absolutely nothing from them
please don't dox me and make me create highlight reels of my sick tree plays

I'm 26 or so on Treant now and I think it's a hero that's easy to play too passively but very strong if you know how to not do that. It took me a lot of reps to get good at using the tree line to harass while not losing Nature's Guise, to know how to use his high base damage the first couple levels, aiming Grasp the right way to force enemies into your cores, etc etc.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 12, 2022

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I get the impression a lot of people are just used to Tree being very passive when Living Armor was actually a pretty good buff/heal, and haven't adjusted to the changes made to the hero. Instead of doing cool stuff like sniping couriers and clobbering supports, they're just hanging out behind their core while giving T1s a whopping 3hp/sec.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The heal nurfs were very lame but he was always more than that.

He can do weird stuff like hide in a side lane pushing towers with Meteor Hammer. Landing good ults is also a skill, as with any of the strong aoe ults.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 12, 2022

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
His Q is insane and it can end up at huge damage per second and with a cooldown as long as its duration. Its so strong. Dang Jakiro ult at level 1.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

bawfuls posted:

The heal nurfs were very lame but he was always more than that.

He can do weird stuff like hide in a side lane pushing towers with Meteor Hammer. Landing good ults is also a skill, not blowing it too early etc.

I think Eldred was talking about the lane phase though, not the weird sort of "rat from the trees with hammer" play style after laning.

But yea seems like to me levels 1-3 you should be wholloping nerds with that 90 base damage, then basically just hiding and being annoying with Nature's Grasp once you can't bully with right clicks anymore. If you're only sitting in the trees and throwing Living Armor on the 1 or the 3 then you're definitely Treanting wrong.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah that is pretty much the playstyle. But even later in the lane stage your right click is not insignificant and any time your core is going on someone you should probably be in position to also contribute some right clicks/bodyblock/etc. You have to be close to cast Seed slow anyway. Grasp can also be used to zone heroes off the creep wave without pushing if you are smart about positioning.

That brief window after Holy Locket was added to the game but before they nurfed his armor heal, man those were the days.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 12, 2022

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea I don't play him too much, wasn't sure how readily the right click harass viability faded. I imagine it varies wildly based on what you're laning against as like Dazzle & Ogre's DOT could make positioning tough? :shrug:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yes Dazzle is a pretty hard counter in lane, anyone that can slow from range really like Drow, Viper, etc. And of course Timbersaw.

Short of that, occasionally I'll run into a lane that aggressively uses Quelling Blade off c/d and lemme tell ya that is super obnoxious to play against as Treant.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

bawfuls posted:

Short of that, occasionally I'll run into a lane that aggressively uses Quelling Blade off c/d and lemme tell ya that is super obnoxious to play against as Treant.

Glad to hear it because that's one of my favorite things to do :haw:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

tbf that is also my move if I end up laneing against a Treant

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

bawfuls posted:

tbf that is also my move if I end up laneing against a Treant

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/dota2_gamepedia/images/9/93/Vo_shredder_timb_kill_01.mp3

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Ahh, everything is right with the world again. I'm back to Ancient 1.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

That’s some sicko poo poo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DNK posted:

That’s some sicko poo poo

dota changes you, man

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Nfcknblvbl posted:

:mods:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Nfcknblvbl posted:

toxic

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I played against a competent bloodstone Razor two games in a row and now I understand why people think it's too strong. Being able to soak the most damage while also dealing the most is a lot to deal with at 35min.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Report; Smurf in game.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Hell yeah brother

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

emdash posted:

the razor version is extremely broken, not sure there is a great post-draft counter but he's still really bad against illusion and zoo (and drow apparently)

players are starting to use the <tank item>->bloodstone on other heroes though, like bat and viper

zoo is pretty bad against this build since the shard procs on getting right clicked and both it and plasma field will hit many things and thus give more regen

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

jsoh posted:

zoo is pretty bad against this build since the shard procs on getting right clicked and both it and plasma field will hit many things and thus give more regen

I think in theory zoo is ok because having a bunch of zoo critters around means that the 3 random bolts per passive proc will be hitting some mix of heroes and summons instead of only heroes. Plus I don't think you get the full 30% lifesteal off summons anyway, just heroes.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Didn't test my game/discord audio before streaming

https://clips.twitch.tv/VivaciousMotionlessFriseeJebaited-iRmNj_34IGjwMj9a

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Fml ive been on a run of super bad luck recently. And now in the double digits for mmr :negative: down from guardian 1 about 4 weeks ago

Had 3 games recently which should have been slam dunk wins but we somehow snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Yesterday took the absolute piss though, playing as pos 4, dumpstered our lane, their carryhad no farm so then went to try help other lanes , we had a sniper that rushed monkey king bar even though none of the enemy team had evasion. He didnt buy dragon lance or pike, wouldnt hit towers or gank with his silver edge. Me and the morphling tried our best to drag the team through the game but sniper had fed the mid Luna so she had a 12 mins aghs and then every fight sniper would act as a main line tank :negative: Oh and the pos 5 snapfire rushed deso and didnt help ward at all...

I feel forced into playing support because no one in herald wants to support properly, and if i dont play pos4 or 5 our carry just gets no farm and ganked constantly.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Sounds like we have similar experiences. I hit 10 mmr this year. I peaked back at 1200, and am now at 560. I mainly play support, but I keep thinking it would be easier to climb as a core as I can make the decisions. But then a) don’t like the pressure of being a core and b) am dogshit at this game.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Oodles posted:

Sounds like we have similar experiences. I hit 10 mmr this year. I peaked back at 1200, and am now at 560. I mainly play support, but I keep thinking it would be easier to climb as a core as I can make the decisions. But then a) don’t like the pressure of being a core and b) am dogshit at this game.

pick a pos 4 that can shove waves and kill towers, lina or jakiro could work. 90% of the time your team is going to be fighting in a totally stupid location, if you can get to them fast, feel free to join, but more likely you should be pushing out a lane they're not near and forcing rotations from the enemy onto you. even if the enemy team kills you, that's still usually 2-3 tps wasted to get them away from your team and now your team's ineffective 4v5 gank squad is a 4v2 gank squad, or you got a free tower

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Yeah I usually have good success picking Enchantress as she has good tower push. Might just stick to her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

just pick hoodwink and push + kill idiots