Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I fully expect El0n to not know how to pilot at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Oh god, I just realised what's going to happen. Guel's going to see Jeturk forces under attack by Earthian terrorists and hop into a Dilanza, lead a heroic defence of the colony, and save Delling's life in order to get himself back into his dad's good graces.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Darth Walrus posted:

Oh god, I just realised what's going to happen. Guel's going to see Jeturk forces under attack by Earthian terrorists and hop into a Dilanza, lead a heroic defence of the colony, and save Delling's life in order to get himself back into his dad's good graces.

I hope it's this but when his dad's like "I'm proud of you, my boy" he's like "my name's bob" and just walks the gently caress away to hang out with his new family.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vizuyos posted:

We don't actually know what the fundamental purpose of Aerial is. Certainly its most notable feature so far is that it appears to be able to do all the Gundam Stuff without melting the pilot's brain, but there's very clearly a lot more packed into it than just that, and the show so far has shown a willingness to sit on its reveals for quite a while.

Ultimately, we're lacking key data because none of the people who've piloted it have told us much that's useful. Miorine noticed nothing unusual about piloting Aerial herself. Elan thought Aerial was "basically a normal Gundam but without the brain-melting". And Suletta didn't seem to realize that Aerial was fundamentally different from normal mobile suits, even after she piloted the school's Demi Trainers. At this point, she's piloted normal mobile suits, conventional GUND Format equipment, and Aerial, and she's still given us absolutely zero input about how much GUND she's actually using herself in Aerial. There's been no "huh, this is weird" or "huh, this is a lot like piloting Aerial" or "huh, this is nothing like piloting Aerial".

All we know about her experience piloting Aerial is that she claims to be able to hear Aerial's "voice" and even have a real conversation with it. And Elan4 didn't notice any hint of anything like that when he linked up. Ultimately, the only people who can clear up these mysteries are Prospera and Suletta, but the former has no intention of telling anyone what's going on, and the latter doesn't even seem to realize that this stuff needs explaining.

We actually can reasonably assume Suletta's interfacing via a Permet link though, for two reasons (One of which came just this episode);

The fight with the Pharact causing everything to briefly network bridged El4n to Aerial through his Permet link in the Pharact, and Suletta remarked Aerial's voice was easier to hear.

The other is the remark about the GUND format working on intent - I reckon Suletta is "hearing" Aerial's intent in the cockpit because the Aerial's making a permet link with Suletta, not the other way around.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nuebot posted:

I hope it's this but when his dad's like "I'm proud of you, my boy" he's like "my name's bob" and just walks the gently caress away to hang out with his new family.

Why would his dad say he's proud, if Guel did that he would have ruined Vim's plans again. Like he would get double disowned.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Delling escaping death repeatedly by increasingly improbable circumstances related to the Asticassia kids. Suletta throwing a wrench into duels, Guel somehow stopping the whole Dawn of Fold hit squad, El6n tripping over a sniper while rushing to school with toast in his mouth

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The cut of Suletta’s mom talking to Delling makes be almost sure that he’s not going down. She probably wants to end him at a moment of her own choosing.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Dolash posted:

Colour me extremely curious to see what happens next episode, because it feels like it could be anything. Delling could die and open up a corporate succession war, or he could reveal a counter-ploy of his own and crush the conspirators, touching off a massive crackdown. Shaddiq and his father could end up opposed to anyone or even each other. Whatever happens, it'll probably lead to the main cast on the run in their newly-acquired spaceship, but the surrounding conditions are incredibly fluid.

The plot has actually set up very obvious potential spanners in the works for each of the three houses.

For Grassley: The potential for Nika to betray Shaddiq and the Fold of Dawn to save her friends.

For Piel: The potential of the equally wicked 5lan to betray El0n and the CEOs for his own benefit.

For Jeturk: Bob the ship hand hijacking a Gundam and turning out to be an ace pilot.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

MonsterEnvy posted:

Why would his dad say he's proud, if Guel did that he would have ruined Vim's plans again. Like he would get double disowned.

Because publicly admitting he planned an assassination would probably be a real bad look for old man jeturk. In my imagined scenario the conversation happens right in front of everyone.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
https://twitter.com/al_mi_kan/status/1602316492678184960?t=pWBLK_avTCHA8FAZd35wFw&s=19

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

wouldn't it be hilarious if elan 5 hosed up at stealing the aerial or whatever and was slated for death, and pulled off a switcheroo to get el0n executed in his stead

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm really coming around to this Bob guy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
https://twitter.com/mobilesuitmia/status/1602471389235384320?s=46&t=3avAB1zIkHujbFbqBEd07w

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

They should've let his roots grow out, then you'd know it was serious.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Ethiser posted:

The cut of Suletta’s mom talking to Delling makes be almost sure that he’s not going down. She probably wants to end him at a moment of her own choosing.

I've been 50/50 for a while that, much like Prospero, Prospera's revenge wil be non-violent. Re-introducing GUND-format medical tech, reviving the dream of her mentor, making Delling pay for an extravagant wedding, that sort of thing.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I love the side-story of Guel living in a homeless camp in a park and then becoming a blue-collar worker as punishment for not piloting a mobile suit good enough

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

wouldn't it be hilarious if elan 5 hosed up at stealing the aerial or whatever and was slated for death, and pulled off a switcheroo to get el0n executed in his stead

Sudden but inevitable betrayal is absolutely going to be the order of the day for Elan 5. Whether it works or not, well, who knows?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

AOI YUUKI SPOTTED

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 13, 2022

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Sudden but inevitable betrayal is absolutely going to be the order of the day for Elan 5. Whether it works or not, well, who knows?

We've only had El5n for a scene so far, but given the mention he's as slimy as the original I wouldn't put it past them doing this. It'd sure be a good way to get rid of El0n for the one that's actually a relevant character rather than having him just floating around in the background.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

look, if you hire a real motherfucker and make him your body double and don't price in the prospect of him pulling a switcheroo to gently caress you over,

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

AOI YUUKI SPOTTED

I hope she gets blown up. Or at least Sophie gets blown up. She seems like the nasty one. Heck blow them both up and stop making fun of Suletta's home video advertisements.

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."
just putting some details I've found out in the new episode. Spoiler-heavy so proceed at your own risk.

1. Of Enhanced Person No.4 and No.5

Results for No.4, in episode 6.

Results for No.5, in episode 10.

Several notes on the graph:
· The "decision criteria" for No.5 is A, while for No.4 it has dropped to D2 by the time of his last duel (in the same scene Belmeria also said No.4 could only pilot Pharact two more times), with an alert of examination. This "decision" here is probably whether an Enhanced Person is used up and should be disposed of.
· It looks like No.5 hasn't piloted a Gund-arm yet.
· The brain scan on the bottom right for No.5 is clear while for No.4 it's all covered in blue dots. It clearly shows how No.4's brain has been severely damaged from data storm caused by repetitively testing and piloting gund-arm.
· The two abnormal results of No.4's examination are "Nerve Damage Test" and "Cell Survival Test", their results are "Conditionally Acceptable" instead of "no abnormality".

I used to think the memory loss of No.4 was due to Peil's brainwashing, but considering how severely damaged No.4's brain and nerves seem, now I think it's more likely the aftermath of data storm.
Then, it's likely that No.5 hasn't lost his memories yet, and bought Elan's "if you complete your task I'll give your face back and prepare a citizen number for you" bs, threrefore his attitude towards Peil's schemes is more actively cooperative compared to the passiveness of No.4.
It would be interesting to see how his personality and attitude would change as his nerve system gets gradually damaged by piloting Pharact.

By the way, it's fun to watch the few and faint traces No.4 as an individual had left get slowly overwritten by No.5.
...No, it itsn't.

2. Of Dawn of Fold and Witches of Earth

The two Lifriths they own seem to be relying on heavy weapons (instead of gund-bits).

Norea also walked past a room with beds and medical equipment. The bed sheets are clean here, indicating they're being actively used.
My guess is they have not bypassed the bioethical issue of gund-arm yet and instead has taken a "low effect, low risk" path. Their pilots would also suffer from data storm; the damage would be lower but they're still slowly killing their pilots.
It's unclear Dawn of Fold is merely a mercenary group, or a force of earthian resistances, but I won't call them "terrorists" yet seeing how earthians are being oppressed by the spacians.

Eldsluft fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 13, 2022

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Permet score 3 seems to be the score for bit control, while score 2 seems to be about assuming direct control of the unit as if it's your own body. I'd assume they're using it to level 2 most of the time, and still suffering some effects from data storms but not to the extent that using bits would since it requires less information overload. Which presumably means they can do it more, for longer. I don't know what permet scores 1, 4 and beyond (if there are any) do. When Nadim activated permet score 4 in the prologue it seemed like a general performance increase, a la trans-am or Unicorn's destroy mode; including a red aura covering the unit like trans-am. It's also interesting that just before the scene cuts away from his point of view that his vision that it seems to digitize or something. Which is presumably where a lot of the "mind upload" stuff is coming from. And his radio transmission singing "Happy Birthday" couldn't be cut when the captain of the Dominicus ship ordered it done.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Does that mean the new Dilanza or whatever he gets will be gold?

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

tsob posted:

Permet score 3 seems to be the score for bit control, while score 2 seems to be about assuming direct control of the unit as if it's your own body. I'd assume they're using it to level 2 most of the time, and still suffering some effects from data storms but not to the extent that using bits would since it requires less information overload. Which presumably means they can do it more, for longer. I don't know what permet scores 1, 4 and beyond (if there are any) do. When Nadim activated permet score 4 in the prologue it seemed like a general performance increase, a la trans-am or Unicorn's destroy mode; including a red aura covering the unit like trans-am. It's also interesting that just before the scene cuts away from his point of view that his vision that it seems to digitize or something. Which is presumably where a lot of the "mind upload" stuff is coming from. And his radio transmission singing "Happy Birthday" couldn't be cut when the captain of the Dominicus ship ordered it done.

What Nadim sees when he activates Score 4, Enhanced Person 4 also sees when he activates Score 2 in Aerial. We haven't been given any information as to what that could mean, but that's the only two times we've seen it. I have a feeling we may see it again with Suletta and Aerial in this finale.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hellbore posted:

What Nadim sees when he activates Score 4, Enhanced Person 4 also sees when he activates Score 2 in Aerial. We haven't been given any information as to what that could mean, but that's the only two times we've seen it. I have a feeling we may see it again with Suletta and Aerial in this finale.

What it seems like, at least in the prologue, is probably wiring the whole drat thing into the brain. So he's looking through the Gundam's optics as his eyes, "talking" through the radio directly, if that makes sense?

What could happen in Suletta and Aerial's case is getting to have a proper direct conversation.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/chaco_stool/status/1602330390336634881?s=20&t=d6jVltHsGlqzxHYZxTUdsA

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

I hope Bob earns his happy ending

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i just assumed that suletta is still using the permet system with aerial but the poo poo jsut isn't showing for spooky reasons. she isn't saying permet score 2 because she doesn't understand it in those terms and aerial probably does the switching for her as needed

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
https://twitter.com/golden_nabe/status/1602257104546320384?t=BZSCmLXKjlvg7FRjTSePQg&s=19

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

https://twitter.com/jima_uso/status/1601894678550700034

https://twitter.com/kattu_a/status/1602292682482933761

hes so happy.....

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

I meant to ask by the way, what's happening in this picture? Did Gundam sponsor a tomato growing kit or something?

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

tsob posted:

I think the Permet score thing is just a bandwidth limiter. Presumably, the higher the level goes, the more data-per-millisecond can flow between their brain and the mech. More data means the pilot can control more things or exert finer control - but also means more brain-frying feedback.

At Permet score 2, the Pharact was highly maneuverable, zipping back and forth in three dimensions to evade enemy attacks, but fought exclusively with that big beam rifle. At this level, Elan4 was able to handle having Guel right up in his face in close range, relying entirely on its agility to dodge his swings.

Elan4 always increased to Permet score 3 before using the bits, but the Pharact's movements actually tended to be more straightforward after sending out the bits. At this level, rather than relying on its agility and maneuverability to dodge attacks, Elan4 tended to rely on the Pharact's speed to get out of the enemy's attack range and then pin down their movements with the bits. Against Guel, the Pharact barely moved at all after the bits were out. Against Suletta, he basically just flew in a straight line away from her after sending out the bits.

When he wasn't able to keep the Aerial safely distant with just the Pharact's speed alone, he increased to Permet score 4, and the Pharact became noticeably more maneuverable, returning to its pre-bits level of mobility while still being able to use the bits. It seemed like he was bringing out more of the capabilities of the suit, but even though he was able to exert more control over the suit and its systems, the mental strain quickly degraded his own piloting abilities, so the net result wasn't as much of a gain as one might expect.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

tsob posted:

I meant to ask by the way, what's happening in this picture? Did Gundam sponsor a tomato growing kit or something?

It's Miorine's VA with a case of the tomato-flavored Aerial chips they're promoting with Miorine.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Going back in previous franchises, we kinda saw a version of the permit overload with Gundam 00 A Wakening Trailblazers. Setsuna went into a coma trying to process the aliens the first time, and only succeeded the second time with the help of an AI (Tiera and Veda).

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Supremezero posted:

Does that mean the new Dilanza or whatever he gets will be gold?

Means he'll show up with the main cast and start talking about Guel having an eight pack.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I’m doubting the Bob job is really his dad’s punishment job and not Guel actually running away. Why else take an assumed identity? Why would his brother think he vanished into the night if he hadn’t?
Also what’s up with Prospera’s mask? I get that she wants to hide her identity so it’s fake, but why does she still wear it alone in private most of the time? Why take such a big risk of your naive daughter blabbing about how you take it off in front of her? Like what does Sulleta even think it’s for?

Eldsluft
Dec 22, 2021

"Ingenio stat sine morte decus."

Vizuyos posted:

It seemed like he was bringing out more of the capabilities of the suit, but even though he was able to exert more control over the suit and its systems, the mental strain quickly degraded his own piloting abilities, so the net result wasn't as much of a gain as one might expect.

Elan No.4 was already nearly on his limits before the duel, so maybe a freshly made enhanced person would be able to keep at Permet Score 4 for a longer time.
Maybe we'll see that with No.5, but considering No.5's advantage is "wicked personality" I personally doubt his piloting skills.

galagazombie posted:

I’m doubting the Bob job is really his dad’s punishment job and not Guel actually running away. Why else take an assumed identity? Why would his brother think he vanished into the night if he hadn’t?
Also what’s up with Prospera’s mask? I get that she wants to hide her identity so it’s fake, but why does she still wear it alone in private most of the time? Why take such a big risk of your naive daughter blabbing about how you take it off in front of her? Like what does Sulleta even think it’s for?
Beside using a fake name and Lauda not knowing his whereabouts, the ship Guel Bob is working does not belong to Benerit Group, so it's clearly not the job his dad arranged for him. He ran away.

Eldsluft fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 13, 2022

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

galagazombie posted:

Probably just justified paranoia. Gotta keep up the pretense in private in case someone's gotten a camera into her office, or someone barges in unannounced, that sort of thing.

Suletta's easy, as it'd clearly start and end at "Don't tell anyone about Mommy taking off her mask, okay?" "OKAY! :yayclod:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i thought bob was doing what daddy told him, i'd think if he was gonna rebel it'd involve staying at the school instead of being exactly what his dad wanted him to do anyway

i kinda got the feeling that when daddy jeturk sent bob on this job conveniently heading to where the delling assassination is and where he's agreed to loosen up security so the attack he knows about will go off without a hitch, he did that because he's trying to get his disgraceful son killed.

presumably after the earthians told shaddiq he had to provide them a ride too shaddiq went and talked to jeturk, who arranged for the ship bob's on to fly by undefended for the earthian terrorists

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Dec 13, 2022