Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Some Guy TT posted:

timesplitters was the first thing to pop in my mind and yeah its more of a same reference material thing i dont think anyone looked at timesplitters and said hey lets make a movie that looks like that

personally i think the weird cartoony style timesplitters had going still holds up pretty well jank notwithstanding im playing through second sight right now and its still convincing even in a more serious storyline

As a rule, stylished and 'cartoony' graphics that sometimes got poo poo on at the time (see Wind Waker) hold up waaay better than the 'realistic' graphical arms race, especially from the first generations of 3D on consoles. Of course, so much about that particular stage of video games is basically 'We were impressed by THIS?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

James Cameron is working on genetically engineering real cat people for Avatar 3.

Avatar 4 will mostly be filmed in space.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Jazerus posted:

everyone is saying, "where is spider, the human friend of jake and neytiri's children"

https://twitter.com/avatarsequelsbr/status/1601307539278540800?s=20&t=_ww0z1_-4CRu-Wwl4gXoBQ

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

this is a fake human with a fake name

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

im glad jim has stuck to casting a bunch of npcs from a ubisoft game and also signourney weaver

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
we now commence with the spider expanded cinematic universe

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
imagine how much better Avatar would be if Bill Paxton was in it

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Feel the same way that I did when Ennio Morricone died. Like a titan just passed us by.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I watched silent night deadly night 2 tonight. It is very fun, but I kind of forgot that the first 30 minutes are a recap of the first movie. I should have skipped the first one this year!

Oh well, "Garbage Day!" Remains an all time great line.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Laterite posted:

also brian thompson is such a chad in the movie as well. love that dude.

shao fuckin khan in the flesh baby

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Substandard posted:

I watched silent night deadly night 2 tonight. It is very fun, but I kind of forgot that the first 30 minutes are a recap of the first movie. I should have skipped the first one this year!

Oh well, "Garbage Day!" Remains an all time great line.

Kinda lol to have a slasher movie killer who just walks up to you in broad daylight and shoots you with a gun.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

Do TF2 gmod videos count as part of pop culture?

everythings pop culture the only reason we dont do more video game and anime stuff is because they technically have their own cspam threads

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

DoombatINC posted:

just watched Electra (1996) which i was expecting to be a big slice of sci fi action thriller cheese, and it eventually got there, but not before a huge loving slab of "the writer's barely-disguised fetish" - it's stepmother stuff! lots of it! more than you'd be expecting! the movie is otherwise fun and campy and you could have a good time hollering at it with friends, but i feel like knowing how incest-y it gets and not knowing are two different watching experiences. anyways, here's Shannon Tweed and Katie Griffin flying and doing kittycat claws at each other:

https://i.imgur.com/LVJSKSx.mp4

why are there so many sexy movies called elektra are they all based on the marvel character or did people just keep forgetting the name was already used for a previous sexy movie

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

need more sexy movies named oedipus

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i say swears online posted:

it's insane to see something and be like "oh hey x got a new show" and then find out it had four seasons and got cancelled in 2020

did u know that al pacino made a show where hes playing a nazi hunter in the seventies the second season comes out next month

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

I saw white noise and it was fine. They did a good job of capturing delillos weird angular style of dialog in movie format, the main cast especially killed it in some of the more dialog/monologue heavy scenes. It suffered a bit in the third part, largely because it’s more plot driven and iirc goes a lot heavier on the narrator’s internal monologue in the book, so in the movie it dragged a bit. The whole movie was pretty funny though and worth a watch if you are a fan of the novel.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

new Witcher show off to a great start

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gresh posted:

new Witcher show off to a great start

Maybe stop giving shows to the people who worked on Iron Fist and The Defenders

Schmidt-Hissrich is a haaaaaack

the only good parts of the Witcher are the bits of Sapkowski's writing she didn't arbitrarily destroy

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1602441179492073472 lol

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

Feel the same way that I did when Ennio Morricone died. Like a titan just passed us by.

john williams still kickin it at 90

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao @ Johnson’s asking price likely dropping like a rock!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
the rock shouldn't feel too bad. nobody was going to go see the movie "Black Adam". it's a bad title for a superhero movie, it sounds like an art film

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

shoulda made a black phillip movie smh

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
it sounds like a lovely cumtown bit

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

oscarthewilde posted:

if they had a made a cumtown movie where Adam gets the superpower to become Dwayne Johnson and that's it, that's gonna put butts in seats

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Vin Diesel got Brittney Griner home and now he gets to watch The Rock embarrass himself; he's having a nice December

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

oscarthewilde posted:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Black Adam was fine but lol expecting it to do Marvel numbers just cause it had The Rock, who mostly picks awful projects

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I watched the first five episodes of the second season of White Lotus last night and it was amazing best tv of 2022 but also watching that much of it gave me some super disturbing nightmares

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I watched the first five episodes of the second season of White Lotus last night and it was amazing best tv of 2022 but also watching that much of it gave me some super disturbing nightmares

Too much luxury

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

is White Lotus actually good or is it just one of those prestige shows people pretend is good because they need a show to watch

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

is White Lotus actually good or is it just one of those prestige shows people pretend is good because they need a show to watch

no it owns it's so much fun

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the latter

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i'll give the first episode of season 1 a shot because i like things set in hawaii, hell i just watched 50 First Dates for that reason.

i swear if this is another lovely tv show tho

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Finally watching the rich people throwing up on a yacht movie

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

poster for the new ari aster movie —— from what i've heard it's a comedy

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

poster for the new ari aster movie —— from what i've heard it's a comedy

His other movies were too so I don't see that as a surprise

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

it was fun and it’s like 6 episodes so it doesn’t overstay its welcome. if you’ve never been in an environment line that (whether staff or guest) it’s possible you might not get as much out of it. also the last episodes of both seasons are bad, and the running theme is gay people and sex workers are scheming murderous thieving sexual abusers and drug addicts. there’s a bit of class stuff more visibly than in other shows. it’s all right.

I get bad vibes from series creator White Mike, he seems a little eelish and he said “a derpy death.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I thought season 1 was pretty good, season 2 is alright so far (Im on episode 3) but I'm unsure about a few of the characters.