Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Piss Christ isn't even blasphemous and it's always funny when people drag it out to validate their islamophobic obsessions

edit what a lovely snipe here's the first thing that came up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

first 5 comics, and we're off from a good start

I was taking too long to find the last one, and since it's labeled like a Kelly comic then it fits, shut up

Bonus:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
BYOG

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The creator of pisschrist is Christian and did not seemingly intend for it to be a statement that Christ is piss, or belongs in piss, or whatever. It was also art instead of a political cartoon.

There's definitely room in art for transgression and subversion, but the Mohammed cartoon is basically just an A. Wyatt Mann cartoon directed at Muslims instead of Jews. The fact that it led to at least one terrorist attack doesn't retroactively justify it or make it less lovely.

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
We've already spent too much time talking about religion. Here's some pictures.

Is it a hotdog? A burger? A Goku?

I never had a game tape, but we did have a cassette reader on the computer. But everything I did on the C64 was on a floppy disk.

BoJack Horseman was created from this cartoon.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I've seen this poo poo before. Such a distinct art style, and it tells you "don't bother"

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Baron von Eevl posted:

The creator of pisschrist is Christian and did not seemingly intend for it to be a statement that Christ is piss, or belongs in piss, or whatever. It was also art instead of a political cartoon.

There's definitely room in art for transgression and subversion, but the Mohammed cartoon is basically just an A. Wyatt Mann cartoon directed at Muslims instead of Jews. The fact that it led to at least one terrorist attack doesn't retroactively justify it or make it less lovely.

Can you just say it’s not that good without it being some hot take on religion? Like it’s visually just sort of bleh and gross. Somatic and stark. All visual pleasantries aside. Like, and oh gently caress I’m supposed to feel something, like a statement or something. I loving feel nothing when I look at that poo poo and I don’t like the painting judging me for it with the symbology. It could be gross on its own without the mental anchor, but maybe I’m just a loving poof for abstraction and pleasure. :shrug:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Can you just say it’s not that good without it being some hot take on religion? Like it’s visually just sort of bleh and gross. Somatic and stark. All visual pleasantries aside. Like, and oh gently caress I’m supposed to feel something, like a statement or something. I loving feel nothing when I look at that poo poo and I don’t like the painting judging me for it with the symbology. It could be gross on its own without the mental anchor, but maybe I’m just a loving poof for abstraction and pleasure. :shrug:

I guess joke's on me for engaging CB but how about sure, you can engage with something and not like it without it being a religious hot take, but you can also engage with something and not like it and have it perpetuate a lovely and dangerous stereotype.

... like this image I pulled off randomwaffle:

It's not good and it being not good has nothing to do with anyone's religion!

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Here's a cool cat

I had to look this up but apparently this is ancient kpop

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

That kid better be dreaming about grim darkness of war. Or at least punk rave death

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

BasicLich fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 13, 2022

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

oof

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

I'm Mr. White Christmas
I'm Mr. Snow
I'm Mr. Icle!
I'm Mr. Ten Below!
Friends call me Mr. Freeze oh gently caress there goes my rhyme...

$80 for that? Seriously?

Dat smug face.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Dropsy! Dropsy the clown! By Gaspy conana!

Fantastic cyoa thread, and great adventure game. Heartwarming, and absolutely chilling. What a ride.

Btw Dropsy is the hero, and a genuinely good guy, and wins in the end, and helps everyone along the way.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

God drat, what really makes this hard to look at is there doesn't appear to be any central aisle? Just rows 200 computers deep? Man what that place must smell like.

Also check out stretch armstrong over here

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Karate Bastard posted:

Dropsy! Dropsy the clown! By Gaspy conana!

Fantastic cyoa thread, and great adventure game. Heartwarming, and absolutely chilling. What a ride.

Btw Dropsy is the hero, and a genuinely good guy, and wins in the end, and helps everyone along the way.

What the hell, I thought it was just some weird adventure game on steam

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Oh hey, that's the commie looking, baby infested TV transmitter in Žižkov district in Prague.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

lmao

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

So is a rocket crawling with babies a case of terminal communist brain?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Solar Tornado posted:

What the hell, I thought it was just some weird adventure game on steam

It is a weird adventure game on Steam! It's great, and you should buy it.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

lol

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

credburn posted:

God drat, what really makes this hard to look at is there doesn't appear to be any central aisle? Just rows 200 computers deep? Man what that place must smell like.
I was just thinking the same thing. A friend of mine went to something like that once I think.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah same. I had to throw mine away. Irredeemably stunk up to poo poo.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Which is worse, LAN part funk or comic book store nerd stink?

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

By popular demand posted:

So is a rocket crawling with babies a case of terminal communist brain?

Just the rocket, the babies typically come in later.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

credburn posted:

Those events typically ran multiple days. A good amount of the nerds would live there one or two nights with only a public bathroom for hygiene. The smell was not great by the end, no matter how fine it starts.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Reminds me of the thrift store in Austin that has an annual "I Have a Dream" sale :chloe:

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

what is this poo poo and why is it every other image.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Pekinduck posted:

what is this poo poo and why is it every other image.

Don't know for sure but I'm guessing it's Dominic Deegan? It had a long-running mock thread.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Was not expecting to see princess Amelie cosplay. Some kind of marketing thing?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The armor and logo give me a serious hunch it's for some event around the original Guild Wars between 2005-2009 but nothing came up immediately and I'm not going to dig for it.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
ARMOURER! Get me something that'll protect my tits, in case I get stabbed or some poo poo.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

The armor and logo give me a serious hunch it's for some event around the original Guild Wars between 2005-2009 but nothing came up immediately and I'm not going to dig for it.
It's the main character from King's Bounty Armored Princess.

Karate Bastard posted:

ARMOURER! Get me something that'll protect my tits, in case I get stabbed or some poo poo.
On one hand she spends her time leading troops and not fighting personally but on the other hand it is rather stupid looking and objectifying.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

I was thinking Guild Wars or Lineage 2, but neither are quite right. It's going to bug me now.

Edit:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
more like Barely Armored Princess

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Don't know for sure but I'm guessing it's Dominic Deegan? It had a long-running mock thread.

It is indeed Dominic Deegan, and the godawful sequel series has its own ongoing mock thread right over here (:nws: because the artist finally got horny enough to just draw sad tits and sadder dicks every other page)