Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Nolgthorn posted:

I'm not sure how to transition from the wall into a raceway.

You would install a surface mount box of some sort over the top of the current single/double gang opening, then attach the raceway to it.

I am most familiar with Panduit’s latching duct , the other option is to use end fittings instead of the surface mount box , but , that’s best when the cable can flow into it , not bend 90 degrees. Gotta give yourself the room to transition and not damage the cable.

A patch panel mounted to the wall, and mounted hook and loop straps can tidy it up as well if you don’t need to hide it .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I made a shelf for my pfsense router.

Maybe I should paint the router white and rearrange the cables.

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Ihmemies posted:

I made a shelf for my pfsense router.

Maybe I should paint the router white and rearrange the cables.

or move it to a tiny PC

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Host it on a r720 and post the picture on Reddit for all that juicy karma. Don’t forget to throw in a Unifi device.

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Cyks posted:

Host it on a r720 and post the picture on Reddit for all that juicy karma. Don’t forget to throw in a Unifi device.

RIP electric bills

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

RoboBoogie posted:

RIP electric bills

also hearing

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

priznat posted:

I have noticed a lot of small bluetooth enabled ones on amazon where you use your phone, I’m going to get one for work to try them out.

I had used dymo a lot in the past as well they are usually pretty good.

This thing rules

https://i.imgur.com/3xpvm1N.mp4

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

The Rhino Pro will do that too. I just removed a bunch of fiber jumpers with plastic flag labels from a Brady and well … the label won’t come off by hand but the white background has flaked everywhere.

Oysters Autobio
Mar 13, 2017

power crystals posted:

Have you tried using that cable with the laptop to confirm the issue is the cable? If so, just getting a new cable seems easiest. You shouldn't have length issues unless you're near the 100m spec limit and unless you have comically large rooms or a much too long cable that seems unlikely (I guess you could also try setting your NIC to 100mbit only and see if that helps). It is possible you damaged the shielding somehow.

You can run networking over cable coax, you want to look for a pair of "moca bridge"s. You can't really do it with just a splitter though and I doubt your ISP is going to let you use two modems at once.

I'll try troubleshooting again, don't remember if I did in fact run the laptop troubleshoot (I really need to think of a way to structurally note down troubleshooting and results, I suck at remembering this stuff)

I think one reason going the cable coax route is laziness because it seems easier than having to remove the wall channels, pull the whole ethernet cable, and then reinstall a whole new line with wall channels again. The ethernet runs along the wall in the dining room and there's a shitton of plants and other small poo poo in the way that makes it a hassle to move aside.

Definitely will check out the MoCa setup though. Any potential downsides I should be aware of?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

RoboBoogie posted:

or move it to a tiny PC

I'd have to buy a new PC. That small PC was 120€ and 2 port 1gigabit intel card was like 20€ extra.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Oysters Autobio posted:

Definitely will check out the MoCa setup though. Any potential downsides I should be aware of?

I haven't used one of those things in years so my knowledge isn't very up to date. The last time I went to get one they couldn't get past 100mbit but it looks like that's been solved now. As I recall the other two big points to keep in mind are that A: splitters can screw with the signal (especially the newer faster ones, as some splitters will degrade or block higher frequencies) and B: if you're in a shared apartment block or whatever you'll want to enable encryption on the bridges so your moca "network" doesn't get shared with everybody else. Maybe new ones have that built in now. Otherwise though it should be pretty straightforward.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
I've got a Tp-link Archer A8 and I recently purchased a TP-link AC1200 extender to use with OneMesh. But after setting it up, the "enable onemesh" button is grayed out in the AC1200 settings, saying that the router isn't compatible, when it's listed as such and is updated to the latest firmware (as is the extendo). Anything I could try?

e: turns out I had to update the router firmware sequentially a few times. Surprisingly hitting "upgrade firmware" doesn't upgrade to the most recent stable version, only the next iteration.

Head Bee Guy fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 8, 2022

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Anyone got a good reference video/article for differences between IPv4 and IPv6? I understand the "consumer" high level but my ISP recently started handing out prefixes and I'm trying to setup my local network (pfsense) and figuring out I dont understand IPv6 at all (what happened to ARP?!).

Like when would I SLAAC or why would I want direct DHCP6 assignments and the nuances of RAs etc., I can find specific information easily but im struggling to find a detailed overview to tie it all together

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Oysters Autobio posted:

I'll try troubleshooting again, don't remember if I did in fact run the laptop troubleshoot (I really need to think of a way to structurally note down troubleshooting and results, I suck at remembering this stuff)

I think one reason going the cable coax route is laziness because it seems easier than having to remove the wall channels, pull the whole ethernet cable, and then reinstall a whole new line with wall channels again. The ethernet runs along the wall in the dining room and there's a shitton of plants and other small poo poo in the way that makes it a hassle to move aside.

it increases your ping by 3 ms

current version is 2.5 gigabits, they have an adapter by gocoax where you get a 2.5 gig port. i currently use it point to point (Router to the rest of the network) and it works fine.

if you need a splitter make sure the frequency is supported, it works fine when you have cable tv service traveling on the same wire but does not if you are using satellite on the same wire.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Could I get a recommendation for a good 2.5 or 10GbE card that doesn't use an Intel NIC?

I have one of the new Fios ONTs and there's some dumbass IPv6 incompatibility. I was able to get it to play ball on my old machine with an Intel NIC by disabling it, but my brand new motherboard has the same issue (and I didn't check the onboard NIC) and disabling checksum offloading didn't help.

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

People don't appreciate the substance of things...
objects in space.

Oven Wrangler
I installed a RTL8125B-based 2.5G card in my Windows 10 desktop about a week back and it's been fine so far. I don't have a lot of ways to really test its limits, but iperf to my NAS gives 2.25Gbps so that seems fine. I didn't actually pick the brand ("NICGIGA") since I got it free in exchange for a review, but there are clearly a lot of OEMs making cards based on this chip and they seem mostly equivalent from what I can tell.

I had previously tried an Asus AQC107-based 10GbE card but for some reason my motherboard, the X470 Taichi, really didn't like it and the system would bluescreen after a few seconds of any kind of substantial bandwidth usage. Extra strange since the X470 Taichi Ultimate has 10GbE built in based on the same chipset.

Eletriarnation fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 9, 2022

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Thanks, I'll take a closer look at those, the NICGIGA ones were actually on my list.

I gave my settings another pass and tried disabling another IPv6 setting (Large Send Upload v2) and it seems fine now. Fuckin' computers, man. I guess I'll just leave them both enabled so I can do wifi6 stuff. Edit: Nevermind!

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 10, 2022

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
What’s a good WDS router that has wi-fi 6 that’s fairly inexpensive? (At least under $100).

I want to connect my second router to my computer (so I can stream to my Oculus quest) and then have it connected wirelessly to the main router, hence the need for WDS.

I bought a Archer AX21 but just realized it doesn’t have WDS so it’s now useless.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Rolled back the firmware on my UniFi AC-LR and it's still flakey as hell, not lasting more than a day up before taking a 12-18 hour nap. Is this thing straight up dying or is there anything else I could be trying? For reference this AP has been solid solid for years when it was connected to a TP-Link AC1750 but now that it's hooked up to a UDM pro it sucks. It just randomly goes up and down and no intervention from me changes it.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Arson Daily posted:

Rolled back the firmware on my UniFi AC-LR and it's still flakey as hell, not lasting more than a day up before taking a 12-18 hour nap. Is this thing straight up dying or is there anything else I could be trying? For reference this AP has been solid solid for years when it was connected to a TP-Link AC1750 but now that it's hooked up to a UDM pro it sucks. It just randomly goes up and down and no intervention from me changes it.

Have you tried swapping out the power injector?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I have a U6-LR that kept rebooting when it was hooked up to my udm-pro Poe+ port. Other people have same experience, had to move it to a different poe switch I have. No problems since.

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

People don't appreciate the substance of things...
objects in space.

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, I had an original UAP-LR where the injector started dying and basically causing constant brownouts. It would come up just enough to be clearly somewhat functional, but had constant issues. I got to the point of taking it apart and being about to throw it away when I saw gibberish on the serial console pins before I thought "hey, maybe I should try a different injector?" As soon as I did, all the issues went away. I ended up reflashing it to OpenWRT since the 802.11n models are no longer supported by Ubiquiti.

Eletriarnation fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Dec 13, 2022

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

SamDabbers posted:

Have you tried swapping out the power injector?

I had the same thought and ordered a new one but it was purely a "throw parts at it" type situation. We'll see what happens when it shows up. Thanks for the help everyone!

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
I'm getting tired of dealing with Unifi's foibles, and Mikrotik's availability is pretty patchy, so I'm looking for recommendations for a network upgrade.

I'd like a pair of switches: one with 24 1Gb ports and at least 4 10Gb SFPs, and the second with at least 12 10Gb SFPs. The 1Gb switch needs layer 3 inter-VLAN routing, the 10Gb switch doesn't. It would be great if I could get a pair from the same manufacturer with the same or similar software, so I'm not having to learn two new interfaces. Noise and power are factors since this is a homelab rack in my office.

My first choice was a CRS328-24P-4S+RM for 1Gb and a CRS317-1G-16S+RM for 10Gb, but the 328 seems to be deeply backordered everywhere I've looked.

I'd appreciate recommendations for a second choice. I'm 100% ok with used enterprise gear, as long as it's reasonably quiet (~45dBa or less).

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

fatman1683 posted:

I'm getting tired of dealing with Unifi's foibles, and Mikrotik's availability is pretty patchy, so I'm looking for recommendations for a network upgrade.

I'd like a pair of switches: one with 24 1Gb ports and at least 4 10Gb SFPs, and the second with at least 12 10Gb SFPs. The 1Gb switch needs layer 3 inter-VLAN routing, the 10Gb switch doesn't. It would be great if I could get a pair from the same manufacturer with the same or similar software, so I'm not having to learn two new interfaces. Noise and power are factors since this is a homelab rack in my office.

My first choice was a CRS328-24P-4S+RM for 1Gb and a CRS317-1G-16S+RM for 10Gb, but the 328 seems to be deeply backordered everywhere I've looked.

I'd appreciate recommendations for a second choice. I'm 100% ok with used enterprise gear, as long as it's reasonably quiet (~45dBa or less).

Not sure what your budget is, or if PoE is a requirement, but TP-Link might be worth a look.

TP-Link TL-SG3428X | 24 Port Gigabit Switch, 4 x 10GE SFP+ Slots | L2+ Smart Managed | Omada SDN Integrated | IPv6 | Static Routing | Support QoS, IGMP & LAG | Limited Lifetime Protection https://a.co/d/jk9zYHi

TP-Link TL-SX3016F | 16 Port 10G SFP+ Enterprise Level Switch | L2+ Smart Managed | Omada SDN Integrated | IPv6 | Static Routing | L2/L3/L4 QoS, IGMP & LAG | Limited Lifetime Protection https://a.co/d/ddzEwuj

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

SamDabbers posted:

Not sure what your budget is, or if PoE is a requirement, but TP-Link might be worth a look.

TP-Link TL-SG3428X | 24 Port Gigabit Switch, 4 x 10GE SFP+ Slots | L2+ Smart Managed | Omada SDN Integrated | IPv6 | Static Routing | Support QoS, IGMP & LAG | Limited Lifetime Protection https://a.co/d/jk9zYHi

TP-Link TL-SX3016F | 16 Port 10G SFP+ Enterprise Level Switch | L2+ Smart Managed | Omada SDN Integrated | IPv6 | Static Routing | L2/L3/L4 QoS, IGMP & LAG | Limited Lifetime Protection https://a.co/d/ddzEwuj

PoE isn't a requirement, I'm only ever going to have the one AP here and I can run an injector for it.

Those switches look nice, but it doesn't look like the TL-SG3428X supports layer 3 routing, which is a hard requirement. I'll be using an Opnsense firewall as my router, and that won't integrate with Omada, so I need to do all of my layer 3 routing on the switch itself.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
I’m not familiar with opensense, only pfsense, but how does it not integrate with the tp-link in such a way that you need l3 routing on the switch?

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

fatman1683 posted:

PoE isn't a requirement, I'm only ever going to have the one AP here and I can run an injector for it.

Those switches look nice, but it doesn't look like the TL-SG3428X supports layer 3 routing, which is a hard requirement. I'll be using an Opnsense firewall as my router, and that won't integrate with Omada, so I need to do all of my layer 3 routing on the switch itself.

L2+ means it does routing but only static routes. Do you also need the switch to do OSPF or BGP?

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

SamDabbers posted:

L2+ means it does routing but only static routes. Do you also need the switch to do OSPF or BGP?

I don't, and if it supports intra-VLAN routes that's great. I've seen some switches described as "L2+" that would only route between switches on the same VLAN, so any access control or anything had to be implemented on the router.

Cyks posted:

I’m not familiar with opensense, only pfsense, but how does it not integrate with the tp-link in such a way that you need l3 routing on the switch?

Basically Omada isn't going to know that the opnsense box exists, so it won't take it into account when it tries to build routes or however it works under the hood. Even if I was ok with intra-VLAN routing happening on the firewall, I don't think Omada would handle that. I'd still have to write static routes manually, which kind of defeats the purpose of Omada.

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad
Trying to imagine the requirements that drive that in a home.

Pretty normal to do your ACLs on a stateful firewall. There's no requirement for an L2 switch to build routes at all.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

KS posted:

Trying to imagine the requirements that drive that in a home.

Pretty normal to do your ACLs on a stateful firewall. There's no requirement for an L2 switch to build routes at all.

The 10gig network will have a NAS and a hypervisor on it, and I want clients on the 1gig network to be able to reach shares on the NAS over its 10gig to avoid saturating 1gig on the NAS. My Internet connection is unlikely to be more than 1gig anytime in the near future, so I don't really see a need to have 10gig going all the way up to the firewall, and the box doesn't currently have 10gig ports in it. I'd much rather handle the inter-VLAN routing and ACLs on the 1gig switch, which should be possible with an L3 switch, or possibly TP-Link's version of 'L2+'.

fatman1683 fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 14, 2022

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

fatman1683 posted:

I don't, and if it supports intra-VLAN routes that's great. I've seen some switches described as "L2+" that would only route between switches on the same VLAN, so any access control or anything had to be implemented on the router.

Basically Omada isn't going to know that the opnsense box exists, so it won't take it into account when it tries to build routes or however it works under the hood. Even if I was ok with intra-VLAN routing happening on the firewall, I don't think Omada would handle that. I'd still have to write static routes manually, which kind of defeats the purpose of Omada.

I have the pre-Omada version of that 24 port switch which is also "L2+" and it is possible to create layer 3 VLAN interfaces (SVI in Cisco terms) and route between them for both IPv4 and v6. The only thing that keeps it from being called a full L3 switch is the lack of dynamic routing protocols.

I went the other direction and set up my inter-VLAN routing (as well as Internet) on a software firewall on my hypervisor over a dedicated 10g port. My NAS (also a VM) is multihomed on the VLANs that need to access it to avoid needing to route that traffic through the firewall. Stateless ACLs on the switch weren't sufficient for the policy I wanted to configure.

Another option worth considering is to go with the CRS326-24G-2S+ instead of the CRS328-24P-4S+ since you don't need PoE and it's more readily available. Two SFP+ ports trunked to the CRS317 is enough bandwidth that you're probably not going to notice the 4gbps oversubscription unless you're driving all 24 ports at full utilization.

SamDabbers fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 14, 2022

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad

fatman1683 posted:

The 10gig network will have a NAS and a hypervisor on it, and I want clients on the 1gig network to be able to reach shares on the NAS over its 10gig to avoid saturating 1gig on the NAS. My Internet connection is unlikely to be more than 1gig anytime in the near future, so I don't really see a need to have 10gig going all the way up to the firewall, and the box doesn't currently have 10gig ports in it. I'd much rather handle the intra-VLAN routing and ACLs on the 1gig switch, which should be possible with an L3 switch, or possibly TP-Link's version of 'L2+'.

You could solve this by not segregating the 10g network from the 1g network. There's no reason to segregate VLANs by speed or by switch. You typically do it by function.

It's inter-vlan routing. Intra means "inside."

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

KS posted:

You could solve this by not segregating the 10g network from the 1g network. There's no reason to segregate VLANs by speed or by switch. You typically do it by function.

The segregation by speed is coincidental in this case, they are being segregated by function but also happen to be the hosts that will benefit from a 10Gb link.

KS posted:

It's inter-vlan routing. Intra means "inside."

In my defense I'd been awake for 20 hours on 3 hours of sleep, I do know this :v:

fatman1683 fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 14, 2022

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hi no idea if this is the right thread

i just did a port forward for port 51413 TCP on my xfinity router as that's the port transmission uses. I verified that port is open using the canyouseeme site. I then set the port to 51413 in transmission and unchecked randomize port. it says port is open, and i seem to be seeding, though nothing is actually being uploaded to anyone yet. but at least i'm not getting the port is blocked message.

is this correct? for some reason in transmission settings it still says "port check site is down" instead of "port is open" sometimes

https://github.com/transmission/transmission/issues/3102

I'm not a networking person at all, but what is described here seems to be my issue. I can also connect to that port check site over IPv4 but not IPv6 (my router does both)

edit: added 87.98.162.88 portcheck.transmissionbt.com to etc/hosts, i am getting a bit of seeding but not much. still says port check site is down

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Dec 15, 2022

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Vague sort of general question about how telecomms infrastructure, specifically data, typically works in the US: at what point do the actual data lines typically go from private to public ownership? Does that happen at all, or is it usually privately-owned all the way back to the ISP's interconnect?

The reason I ask is that I'm just trying to gauge the prognosis in the future for better connectivity where I live. I'm not far from a major interstate, and as I understand it, there's been fiber creeping out along said interstate, but I have no clue if that's shared by multiple groups, or if it just belongs to one company, or what. And then, a couple years ago, all new fiber was buried along about 2 miles of gravel road, terminating in a pedestal about 1000' from my house. As far as I can tell, that new line was put in place by centurylink's efforts, and they'll only sell DSL on it? Is that even a plausibly accurate understanding of what may be in place?

It seems a little odd, since by running those two miles, they managed to serve all of a dozen houses with 40Mbit (they don't advertise the option but were willing to give me pair bonded 40s so I'm around 80-ish, which is phenomenally better than the 1.5Mbit max that was available prior.) So I guess I'm wondering if all that new fiber (that's what I'm told it is, anyhow) was funded by some other mechanism and isn't entirely owned by CL, in which case, is there a possibility some other ISP could come in and compete on the same line?

I have no freakin' clue how this works once it leaves my house. I just really really really want to find a way to get a gig line. I'd pay myself to have the last thousand feet buried to my house if that's what it took. Sigh.

unknown
Nov 16, 2002
Ain't got no stinking title yet!

Bad Munki posted:

Vague sort of general question about how telecomms infrastructure, specifically data, typically works in the US: at what point do the actual data lines typically go from private to public ownership? Does that happen at all, or is it usually privately-owned all the way back to the ISP's interconnect?

The reason I ask is that I'm just trying to gauge the prognosis in the future for better connectivity where I live. I'm not far from a major interstate, and as I understand it, there's been fiber creeping out along said interstate, but I have no clue if that's shared by multiple groups, or if it just belongs to one company, or what. And then, a couple years ago, all new fiber was buried along about 2 miles of gravel road, terminating in a pedestal about 1000' from my house. As far as I can tell, that new line was put in place by centurylink's efforts, and they'll only sell DSL on it? Is that even a plausibly accurate understanding of what may be in place?

It seems a little odd, since by running those two miles, they managed to serve all of a dozen houses with 40Mbit (they don't advertise the option but were willing to give me pair bonded 40s so I'm around 80-ish, which is phenomenally better than the 1.5Mbit max that was available prior.) So I guess I'm wondering if all that new fiber (that's what I'm told it is, anyhow) was funded by some other mechanism and isn't entirely owned by CL, in which case, is there a possibility some other ISP could come in and compete on the same line?

I have no freakin' clue how this works once it leaves my house. I just really really really want to find a way to get a gig line. I'd pay myself to have the last thousand feet buried to my house if that's what it took. Sigh.

It's all private. There's a couple of communities where the local government has put down communal fiber that can be used by local ISPs/telcos, but if you were in one of those, you wouldn't have posted this.

Edit to be more helpful:

The government gave CL a truckload of cash to install internet of a minimum rate in their region 'for the people'. The government doesn't get any ownership of the infrastructure, and also note it doesn't say fiber must be used. DSL is used for the last mile because the copper wires are already pre-existing and terminate at that pedestal and CL didn't want to pay for more cables and installation to bring it to your house.

In your case, there's probably not much fiber installed to the pedestal, maybe 6 strands (of which they'll use 2-3) that go back to the CO.

The reason the telco won't use your own personal fiber (or anything) installation is that they don't want to be responsible for any part of it.

Anyways, the way to find out how much it'll cost to install fiber to your house is call up the business side of CL and request a fiber quote. The monthly will be high, but they should also give you an installation quote with the onetime fees to officially bring fiber in.

unknown fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 15, 2022

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

I know some cable providers will happily drop cable in the ground if you pay for the excavation, back in the day I was on a handful of jobs where neighbors and such would split the cost of us trenching/knifing in cable so they could get non garbage tier internet.

Comcast never had a problem sending a tech out to hook it up and drop cable in the ground. But depending on distance that can get pretty expensive especially if there are a number of utilities/roads to cross.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

In this case it’s rural gravel, the 1000’ from my house to the pedestal is next to a corn field, there are no gas lines, just water, and starting about halfway there the electrical service goes underground. One driveway to cross. It’s about the easiest burial one could hope for.

I need to look up the number for the actual local office, those guys always seem willing to discuss actual solutions when I’ve talked to them in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

What you're talking about is often incredibly difficult and fraught with danger. Getting an ISP to run cabling, turn up new service, or work with third parties who will do the cabling can be an absolute nightmare.

Like, it's so bad that some of these people just decided to start their own ISP because it was easier.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/06/couple-bought-home-in-seattle-then-learned-comcast-internet-would-cost-27000/

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/04/comcast-wanted-man-to-pay-19000-even-though-his-neighbor-already-had-service/

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/10/comcast-wanted-210000-for-internet-so-this-man-helped-expand-a-co-op-fiber-isp/

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/08/man-who-built-isp-instead-of-paying-comcast-50k-expands-to-hundreds-of-homes/