Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It has some definite first episode jitters/feeling out the premise stuff going on...which is kind of confusing, since I know that Seth and Erin have performed together pretty regularly for a long time now. One would think that it would've gelled immediately, but I'll stick with it and hope it finds its footing.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think I’m always gonna mentally compare something school based to Teachers Lounge.

I will say, I was thinking about Seth's Teacher's Lounge S2 episode the entire time. Beebo has the same casual scumbag vibe as his Josten's sales rep character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

It is remarkably rough given that they start the episode saying the show is going to be weekly on it's own feed. You have characters enter and immediately point out how funny their name is, and the most unnatural setups and delay.

Do like that CBB Presents gives people the sandbox to fail on occasion tho.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Gil Ozeri is a madman.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm only halfway through CBB presents but the hit/miss ratio has been phenomenal so far.

I think the only one I kinda bounced off of so far has been the Full Throttle where Seth spent an extended amount of time monologuing about some of the most alienatingly weird stuff I've ever heard (and I say this as someone who liked the sparkalonius episode) but it got funny again when the guests came back.

Currently being murdered by Hey Randy again right out of the gate with "you make it very hard to be a feminist"

This feed is also giving me a newfound appreciation for Dan Lippert, I don't think he ever really stood out to me that much on the main feed, but he's in like half of the CBB presents episodes and i'm not sick of him yet, he's great

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Ainsley McTree posted:

This feed is also giving me a newfound appreciation for Dan Lippert, I don't think he ever really stood out to me that much on the main feed, but he's in like half of the CBB presents episodes and i'm not sick of him yet, he's great

might I suggest a certain lounge for teachers?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Seaniqua posted:

might I suggest a certain lounge for teachers?

people keep saying this to me, i think it's time i listened

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
It’s a great show.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

CBB World is worth it just for Scott Hasn't Seen. It's nice to have a show where he is just completely himself, and his co-host is a very very thinly veiled Shawn Diston.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ainsley McTree posted:

people keep saying this to me, i think it's time i listened

What if I told you that one of Dan's defining character traits on Teachers Lounge is being a bad feminist

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

MokBa posted:

CBB World is worth it just for Scott Hasn't Seen. It's nice to have a show where he is just completely himself, and his co-host is a very very thinly veiled Shawn Diston.

I haven't dug too deeply into that one yet in favor of CBB presents but yeah it's an interesting window into show business, I enjoy it, even if it does suffer a little from the "how did this get made" thing where if I haven't seen the movie they're talking about, I have a little trouble following. But I enjoy the personal moments

JethroMcB posted:

What if I told you that one of Dan's defining character traits on Teachers Lounge is being a bad feminist

I went to go look up the podcast and saw the banner image and i was like "why do all those faces look so familiar"

now i remember thank you

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

MokBa posted:

I mean the Andy Daly/Matt Gourley stuff too. I'd pay just for that.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I listened to Dr. Sweetchat again for the first time since it aired and couldn't stop laughing. Partly because of how hard Scott was laughing at the ridiculousness. Absolutely #1 episode of the year, and probably last few years.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

MokBa posted:

They also speak way more plainly about the biz than you could imagine they do on CBB. Not necessarily naming names, but it's fun to hear them talk about how movies get made / their experiences punching up film scripts and what that world is like.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I really wanted Scott to share the broad outline of his pitch for that French caveman comedy remake. He crapped all over the original without explaining why he thought "cavemen struggle to solve the first murder in history" didn't work as a comedy premise.

(To be fair, after looking up the original - entitled RRRrrrr!!! - it looks very broad and very dumb and very Fronch.)

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

MokBa posted:

CatstropheWaitress posted:

They also speak way more plainly about the biz than you could imagine they do on CBB. Not necessarily naming names, but it's fun to hear them talk about how movies get made / their experiences punching up film scripts and what that world is like.

It truly is a delight, even more than Threedom he just kinda gets to be himself and you get a great insight in to his taste. But also, Shaun is a spectacular cohost. He's quick as hell, friendly, a bit of a dork...just great vibes. But also, half of the episodes being introducing Scott to a bunch of 90s black entertainment has also been a joy.

For similar reasons, I adore CBB.fm, but I'm sure it's not for everyone. I love thinking about how Scott thinks about music. I did college radio, I'm a DJ and huge music hoarder, so I vibe with him so much. But then gets a _real_ music nerd in like Zouks or Weird Al and he's mildly humbled.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 3, 2022

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
I haven't watched most of the movies they talk about on SHS but I listen to the podcast every week because it's a good podcast. Shaun and Scott work really well together.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Paul returns doing one of my favorite characters from the tour. Helped greatly in that Scott hadn't seen the film the characters a whole reference of.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Paul returns doing one of my favorite characters from the tour. Helped greatly in that Scott hadn't seen the film the characters a whole reference of.

This is maybe the fourth or fifth time where Paul has tried a character who's pretending to be another character, and this is the best it's ever worked out.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Absolute chaos episode. Lisa has been an mvp this year.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wish along with the episode votes, there could be one for characters too. Then early in the year whenever availability matches up, Scott could bring the highest voted ones onto an episodes together. This just adds to my 'special episodes are the best episodes' love, mind and is kinda similar to back in the day where if you donated enough money you could pick an episode lineup.

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I wish along with the episode votes, there could be one for characters too. Then early in the year whenever availability matches up, Scott could bring the highest voted ones onto an episodes together. This just adds to my 'special episodes are the best episodes' love, mind and is kinda similar to back in the day where if you donated enough money you could pick an episode lineup.

So an episode with Gil Ozeri where he plays all the guests?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Shoegazing posted:

So an episode with Gil Ozeri where he plays all the guests?

PFT, Andy Daly, and Gil Ozeri playing 27 characters between them in the most intense episode yet.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Absolute chaos episode. Lisa has been an mvp this year.

https://twitter.com/TheLisaGilroy/status/1582411051135401991?s=20&t=bll7eVqDVzQDNPwKPPwtAw

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
she might be the funniest person on the planet right now

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Wait… the boy on the tour became tall and skinny? I wonder if he had a bad personality also….

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

PFT is on the Taskmaster podcast, which gives me entirely unrealistic dreams that this crew might help restart it back in the States. Lord knows there's enough talent.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I might have gotten the link from this thread, but here's a very frequently updated master spreadsheet of PFT podcast appearances:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wZ4yB1vw5qGb8_OFseqE2lImecoGeDrR4-nmHb-DxJI/htmlview

I use it to find and listen to a bunch of poo poo I never would've heard of otherwise

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Empty Sandwich posted:

I might have gotten the link from this thread, but here's a very frequently updated master spreadsheet of PFT podcast appearances:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wZ4yB1vw5qGb8_OFseqE2lImecoGeDrR4-nmHb-DxJI/htmlview

I use it to find and listen to a bunch of poo poo I never would've heard of otherwise

:perfect:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I hope Your Kickstarter Sucks can get PFT back

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

https://twitter.com/ComedyBangBang/status/1602172889591070720

:,)

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Bold of PFT to bring in one of his most nothing characters, that is still good, as the first guest.

edit: ok this takes off with Shaun Diston straight into Lily Sullivan speed running pissing Scott off. Great holiday energy.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 12, 2022

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Dr. Sweetchat returning and being even more incomprehensible is good

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

D̶̙͊̐̿̓̒͊̊̈̽̎̋̔̿r̴̢̛̩̀̂͂.̷̢͙̼͙̜̝̬͕͍̝̐ ̸̢̲̦̼̳͖̘̣͆̕S̴̡̢̛̝̜̼̤̥͔̬̙͈̏̓̒̓̆̅͛́̚̕w̵̛͍̟̝̏̐̄͊̀̈́͌̈́͊̎̍͝͠é̶̬̹̔́͋̏̔͋̌͗̽͝ę̷̡͎̖͚̘̺̭̲̬͍͓̹̀̈́̃̅̅̽́̇͒͑́͐̇͜t̷͉͖̘̝̺̪̰̀̎͂̉͒̔͂̐̇́͒͜͝c̴̟̪͇̟̭̝̳̜͗̈̑̃̔͋̕͝͝h̵͝ͅą̷̢̱͍̘̖̦͎͎̩̏̓̉͌̑͋͗͋̄̚͘t̸͈̳͇̬̹̳͙̹̣͈̬̜̺͖͗͛͋̃͐̿̔͘͘͝͝ ̴̡̨̧̧̫̭̫̳̬̮̝̭́̋́̆̈́̂́̆́r̶̩͔̥̥͔͙̻̜̙̫̬̘͂̀́̀̎̒̏̓̈́͐͠e̴̬͎̝̔̈́͂̾́̒̀́̚͠t̸̨̰̣̮̩͉̮̜̩͚̑͋̿̓̆͂̐̈́͛̍̀̕͜ͅͅǘ̷͍͕̦̩̀̇r̵̢̩͇̞̗̲̭̤̖̻̬̠͕̿̈́̽̕͜ͅn̸̟̠̈̂̌͑́͋̐̀̽͝ĭ̴͎͈͈̠͚̏́̌͐̒͆͐̀͊̋͠n̷̢͚͔͔̩̽̀̓͑̂̐̿͒͒͐͝͝ḡ̸͚̰̠̖͔̬̗͖͖͕̫͈̅̃͗͋̈̓̀ͅ ̷̡̛̬͖̲̰̺̻͎͙̺͓͙͕͔̔́̇̄͋̅́̆̂̚a̵̧͎͉̳̥̾̇̈͌̚̚͝n̴̫̻͔͖̭̥̳̙̤̙̠̳̲̳̏̈́d̴̢̢̲̭̠̗̙̲͇͓̞̟͋̓̾̈́͌͆̒̌̇̍͂̚̕ ̶͍͉̟́̋̃̊̽͝b̵̭͓̙̳̈̓̄̂͋̓̈́͜ḛ̵̝͇̰̥͎͐͑̏͊͋̿̄̚i̶̮̮̙̟̽̍̆́̋̌̚͝ņ̵̧̮͈̹͇̯̦̄̇̈́̇̉̋̿̊̀͘̕̕ͅg̷̨̡̜̝̥͍͚̭̱̘͚͔̺̗̮̑ ̵̞̪̺͓͛̋̽̎̀́͐̃̈́ė̸͎̩̭͎͈̑̊̈́̍̕͜͠v̶̡̨̼̫̹̗̪͕̱̤̱̤̣̰͋̋̓͑͊̓͜ę̸̤̲̝̼̞̬͍̯̜͂n̷̡̹̘͍̭̋̃̀̓́̓̃̓̓́͘͝ ̶̨̺͎̥̤̼͚̫̱̖̳͖̎̾̀̿̓̋̌͜͝m̷̡̧͈͍̮̣̪̞͍̳͍̙͛͋̚͜o̷̗̹̓̎̋́̀͝r̵͕̰̗̞̭̭̟̪̳̞̉̀͗̑̂̄̆͋́͘͜͝͠ȅ̴̡̢̡̟̲̲̗̲̜̺̫̱̍͑͝ ̷̟͚̈̊͐̋͂͘͝i̷̡̩̞͎̣̫̹͍͙̖̤̳̳̩̒͆̐͆͗̌͋̌̉̕͝ņ̴̭͉͉͈͓̝̮̱̗̇͂͛͐̊͐̈́͗̒͘͜͜͠͝ͅc̶̢̱̲͎̍̈̏͛̋̓ǫ̷̛̼͎̠̮̙̗͈̥̯̖̣̃̿̓̄̇̾͊̌̌͂͋̚͘͝m̴̡̨̛͚̘̞̮̳̝̰̤̖͈̥̠̘͐̊͊͗͋̈͛͊̆̍̓́͝p̶̻̼͓̽̇̂̄̾͐̈͋̐́̋͒r̴̛͎͈͖͇̟̻̗͆̂͑̂̉̆̈́̋̋̓͘̕͘̕ė̶̘̰̗̩̱̱̦͕͓͙̺̹̈́͆̈̎̇͊̃̔̑h̸͖̹̃̚ę̸̙͔̣̟͗̿̉̀͑͌̔̅͋͆̈̂͘̚̚n̷̙͎̜͉͠ş̸̡̛̛͍̦̖̱͈͖̪͚̤̖̜͎̈́̀̅̈́͆̑̚̚ͅi̴̘͍̫̙̗̖͕͎͆̏̓̈̅͐̚b̴̧̻͍͕̟̱͉̗́̽͐̋̍̐̚͝l̸̙̠͍̭̟͑̿̂̆͌̐͐̃̾̚͝e̶͇͐̒̈́͘̚ ̴͇͙͉̣̥̥̮͈̠̩̯̓̾́̐͐͑̋̓̋̒̈́̎̈̽̎i̶̛͍̖̰͍̳̥͙̊̑͐̂͝s̷̮͔̤̻̭̐͌̋̐̾̅̎́͑̾̂̕͝͝ ̷̺̟̺̬̥̜͖̖̔g̷̡̢̩̘̠̣͇͂͒̀̍̕͘̚ỏ̶̡̪̟͍͈̐͊̐͠o̴̧̧̥̮͔͇̩̰̭͔͒̉̈́̃͑̈̎̾͝d̴͎̙͍͖́ ̶̜̻̗̀̉͐̈̇̓͋͛̈͒̋͂̔͠

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I hope it's not getting him down too much, but I love how everyone insults Scott now. I blame the tour.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

I hope it's not getting him down too much, but I love how everyone insults Scott now. I blame the tour.

i've fallen behind a bit on the main feed, but I liked how even bob ducca was getting high status over him in a recent one. I don't know if Seth even realized he was doing it, it just became an open invitation to dogpile that he couldn't refuse

hopefully fans who see him on the street will understand that the invitation does not extend to them

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
You look sick is such a funny low key way to drive someone crazy.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Time to get The Boys back on and really big time him

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Loved Lisa Gilroy as Dickie Donnelly. Though I think Dickie might not be so excited to get adopted by Scott if he could talk to Todd.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Dickie Donnelly is a GOAT character. I don't think I've ever laughed out loud that much during a podcast ever. Just everyone bringing their A-game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I hadn't thought about them after they first appeared, but I really enjoy the teen who is also a vicious union-crusher.