Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Dustcat posted:

i don't know what actually happened at the protest

what's happening online is that people are using these kids' deaths as evidence that black people / leftists / whatever are bad because they will heedlessly shoot up a randomly passing car, especially if a black kid is driving it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Majorian posted:

Maybe take it to another thread? It seems like a lot of folks here would rather not talk about it here right now.

very fair and done

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dustcat posted:

i don't know what actually happened at the protest

what's happening online is that people are using these kids' deaths as evidence that black people / leftists / whatever are bad because they will heedlessly shoot up a randomly passing car, especially if a black kid is driving it

You don’t have to defend a people who shot up 2 black teens.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
dustcat, if it brings you any modicum of comfort and closure, please know that people of all races, backgrounds, and creeds when given firearms can and will do really senseless and stupid acts of violence

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
e: this was a waste of effort

Shiroc has issued a correction as of 05:52 on Dec 13, 2022

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
shiroc that sounds much less sympathetic than dustcat's speculation, but i guess we can make another thread if we want to elaborate

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

shiroc that sounds much less sympathetic than dustcat's speculation, but i guess we can make another thread if we want to elaborate

Thanks, I'd appreciate it.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

kinda puts the drama this sub gets nowadays into perspective huh

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

anyways as much as i hate to say it i agree with some plague broad. az and NHD are actually doing fine and majorian should shut the gently caress up

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
lmfao

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

anyways as much as i hate to say it i agree with some plague broad. az and NHD are actually doing fine and majorian should shut the gently caress up

lol

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i guess it really was a cool zone

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lol drat

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

i guess it really was a cool zone

Woody Harrelson voice: and it will be…a Cool Zone of Apes!

\/\/\/admins, name change please?\/\/\/

Majorian has issued a correction as of 06:45 on Dec 13, 2022

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Majorian Taylor Greene

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

cringe

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I think it's too long anyway.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

MajorianTaylorGree

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Majorian posted:

apes? seriously?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

apes? seriously?

Movie trailer reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEP1Mk6Un98

\/\/\/ty i need it :( \/\/\/

Majorian has issued a correction as of 07:54 on Dec 13, 2022

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

majorian is under my protection.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
strolling out into the middle of CHAZ, torso sign secured to my suspenders, hoping everyone gets the movie reference

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lpzie posted:

majorian is under my protection.

Limpzie, the Drillbit Taylor of forums bodyguards

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

im gonna say it

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

*eviosionist

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Majorian posted:

go back to d&d

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Jazerus posted:

good job re-enacting exactly why the cool zone sucked because it was just this every day

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

MajorianTaylorGree

Thrillgre

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Man, first Majorian gets run out of D&D for being too friendly to CSPAM, and now this.

Honestly, compared to, you know, most CSPAM mods previous to I guess Son of Thunderbeast, he's doing fine. Just admitting when you've made a mistake is A-Class mod material. (It'll be S-Class if he actually follows through.)

NHD has really scaled back the Main Character Syndrome posting, or at least is confining it to places I don't read, which is basically the same thing as far as I'm concerned.

Dreylad and vyelkin seem pretty cool, though I don't interact with them that much.

I'm still a bit surprised when I see that Crusty Nutsack is still a mod. I suspect she is too.

Free sexpig, free larry, double-permaban Alec Eiffel if possible, free cu-, no that's all.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The mods are fine and our resident 2 admins are fine. Only issue I see is some people are too high strung. People need to chill out.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

docbeard posted:

Man, first Majorian gets run out of D&D for being too friendly to CSPAM, and now this.

Honestly, compared to, you know, most CSPAM mods previous to I guess Son of Thunderbeast, he's doing fine. Just admitting when you've made a mistake is A-Class mod material. (It'll be S-Class if he actually follows through.)

NHD has really scaled back the Main Character Syndrome posting, or at least is confining it to places I don't read, which is basically the same thing as far as I'm concerned.

Dreylad and vyelkin seem pretty cool, though I don't interact with them that much.

I'm still a bit surprised when I see that Crusty Nutsack is still a mod. I suspect she is too.

Free sexpig, free larry, double-permaban Alec Eiffel if possible, free cu-, no that's all.

when majorian was made ik of the ukraine thread I was worried he would pull some tedious d&d moderator poo poo, but i've largely been pleasantly surprised. Dreylad and vyelkin and maybe Trixie are some of the best mods because they post normally without mod voice or mod brain, so they usually register as normal posters.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

docbeard posted:

double-permaban Alec Eiffel if possible

working hard

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

pretty sure you can predict whether someone will be a good or bad mod entirely by how much their posting demeanor changes after getting the star

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Phone posted:

go back to d&d

i wouldn't be that cruel, but someone who uses their buttons whenever they are personally uncomfortable and then hides behind 'the people said' is a classic mod failure mode from that place

let them ik the ukraine thread so it doesn't fill with gore, i guess someone has to do it. but basically everwhere else the instincts of someone who really is still a lib (technically and pejoratively!) pressing buttons when their guts churn is just a distraction at best

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I like Majorian as a poster.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

docbeard posted:

free Plinkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

free Plinkey

Not even at that price.