Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Here's your CSPAM feedback thread for the Autumn/Spring.

The last few months were at times quite busy with a number of threads being reorganized. We added NeatHeteroDude, Jazerus, Trixie Hardcore and Majorian to the moderator janitor closet.

I looked at the old feedback thread and didn't see anything outstanding that needed to be addressed, but if I missed something please let me know.

https://i.imgur.com/ZHcOktq.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
post the sexpig pms

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

just the usual unban everyone and delete the trump thread

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Everyone is thinking it, I'll just say it. More hogs. Bigger hogs.

And maybe a new background.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
the leon trotsky 2012 bit you are running needs to stop. it has worn out its welcome.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The new mods are all really bad, clear them out and try again

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
CSPAM has been pretty good and the mods are unobtrusive but sexpig by night really needs to be unbanned

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It is my opinion that a ban plus thirty days probation of a Jewish poster for making a Holocaust comparison that you don’t like is going too far.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Don't like the council of mods in one certain thread demanding private pics for a "hog audit" and then relentlessly roasting my odd but ultimately pretty normal genitalia

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

free sexpig by night
free catpetter1981
free cumshitter
free Finicum's Wake

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Dreylad posted:

Majorian

get rid of that tedious nerd please

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

The only IK I've ever respected was Calibanibal, who understood that forums justice must be both harshly and arbitrarily enforced

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

move the glenn thread to PYF

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

some plague rats posted:

Yeah this, if the first thing you feel the need to do in the adolf hitler megathread is scold people for saying stuff about hitler you should probably not be a mod.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Maybe pick mods from threads that aren't fail megathreads.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

some plague rats posted:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

free Plinkey

I ask you, is that the face of a man who would run a sham charity for randos online? Look deeply into those innocent, compassionate eyes and you'll know the answer is no.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
unban everyone and delete everything but the trump thread

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

free sexpig

musk thread needs an ik willing to probe trump thread regulars for crawling out of their pit to make the absolute worst posts ive ever seen on this website

salut to AIT for making threads

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

move the musk thread to GBS

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Ytlaya had an objection to my probating comedyblissoption for engaging in Glenn chat outside of the designated thread (currently the Brie Gray thread). I figured I should respond to it here:

Ytlaya posted:

He was directly replying to someone else (with the conversation starting due to another person actually mentioning Glenn "out of the blue" - as had a bunch of other people who weren't punished for breaching some imagined containment zone), and in a way directly relevant to Twitter.

There were a bunch of people telling him to knock it off, and he kept going right off of the warning 6er I gave him. He has a bad history of not knowing when to stop when it comes to his gimmick, and a lot of CSPAM regulars that don't post in the Glenn threads are pretty vocally tired of it. They don't want these weird "Glenn cannot fail, he can only be failed" arguments making GBS threads up other threads.

e: Turns out Ytlaya wasn't meaning to object to it too strongly in particular; as usual, I am dumb.

Majorian has issued a correction as of 23:34 on Dec 10, 2022

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

tristeham posted:

move the musk thread to GBS

The musk thread posters would genuinely be happier there btw. there’s nothing cspam about the thread and the thread regulars like it that way. which is fine. but why here

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Majorian posted:

Ytlaya had an objection to my probating comedyblissoption for engaging in Glenn chat outside of the designated thread (currently the Brie Gray thread). I figured I should respond to it here:

There were a bunch of people telling him to knock it off, and he kept going right off of the warning 6er I gave him. He has a bad history of not knowing when to stop when it comes to his gimmick, and a lot of CSPAM regulars that don't post in the Glenn threads are pretty vocally tired of it. They don't want these weird "Glenn cannot fail, he can only be failed" arguments making GBS threads up other threads.

What do you think his "gimmick" is, and why do you think it's so terrible that he has to be probated instead of letting people argue with him

Do Better
Dec 10, 2022
i think the degree to which my accounts are sought out and silently banned is somewhat silly considering the banality of my posts

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Platystemon posted:

It is my opinion that a ban plus thirty days probation of a Jewish poster for making a Holocaust comparison that you don’t like is going too far.

i share this opinion

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

The Pussy Boss posted:

What do you think his "gimmick" is, and why do you think it's so terrible that he has to be probated instead of letting people argue with him

Hijacking discussions to engage in these weird, tedious arguments about why Glenn can never be wrong, even as the thread regulars keep saying, "stop, this is annoying." The Glenn thread and its successors were supposed to be the place for that sort of thing to happen freely. cbo did a pretty good job of keeping it there, which is why his rapsheet was clean for the last year and a half - up until his Matthew Shepard posts.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

make me admin please

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The way forums justice has been dispensed on this subforum has only been punitive at the behest of posters who do not post here. The restorative actions like unbanning people have been lobbied for and demanded by all, yet falls on deaf ears as if it was a bit instead of a genuine request.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
thank you for the inclusive thread title – however, it's summer

i've seen some fail probies from nhd but otherwise no notes

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Do Better posted:

i think the degree to which my accounts are sought out and silently banned is somewhat silly considering the banality of my posts

whose rereg is this please

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

whose rereg is this please

Probably unoriginal name if I had to guess

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
close the pyf drama thread

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

make me admin please

If I were an admin I’d just use my buttons as basically a bookmark method so when I used the “bans by admin” function in the lepers colon it would serve as an easy way to find notable posts

Probes would be for really embarrassing posts that deserve mockery
Bans would be for very insightful posts I might want to see again
Permas would be for really funny posts that make the forums a better place

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RealityWarCriminal posted:

I'm willing to hear your argument

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Majorian posted:

e: Turns out Ytlaya wasn't meaning to object to it too strongly in particular; as usual, I am dumb.

lol thanks for the info about this. some funny posts

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Majorian posted:

Hijacking discussions to engage in these weird, tedious arguments about why Glenn can never be wrong, even as the thread regulars keep saying, "stop, this is annoying." The Glenn thread and its successors were supposed to be the place for that sort of thing to happen freely. cbo did a pretty good job of keeping it there, which is why his rapsheet was clean for the last year and a half - up until his Matthew Shepard posts.

it was the musk thread, who cares what they want

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Majorian posted:

why would you kill the conversation in 1 thread so you can have it in a completely different thread lmfao

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Free cbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

my feedback is i don't want cspam to be 'nice' or d&d but for dsa members and it seems like there's a decorum push that's making a desert and calling it peace