Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

he went in big with anti-vaxxers

fauci!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The part about Taibbi swearing fealty to Musk before his contingents was gold.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The material impact of campism blinkering journalism was a really good point to bring up. If you hate liberals but are still a materialist there's no ready made audience for that.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The material impact of campism blinkering journalism was a really good point to bring up. If you hate liberals but are still a materialist there's no ready made audience for that.

Yeah I thought the episode was going to be a little gossipy for me but I found a lot of what they had to say pretty interesting.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
As someone who's been loving with them since the exiled, I loved it. Their perspective with journalism is even more valuable than their perspective of history, because they were (and are) there. They're primary sources.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

What is even out there if you don't want to serve any of these big corporations or oligarchs? Substack (lol)? Twitter? Podcasts?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Grayzone is still good but Max is taking it down a bad, contrarian direction. it’s really dire. you’d think everyone could settle on the one in 200 communist newspapers that’s actually good.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I didn't remember Taibbi being that much of a media blueblood. That really puts his rejection by respectable establishment liberal media in perspective.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

If anything Matt's publisher privilege was giving his career life support when it otherwise would've been snuffed out a lot earlier.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Also Yasha's hate is pure

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

fun pod for the gossip - the amount of bitterness the exiled guys have reminded me of the saying about academia and low stakes
lol and them gawking at taibbi being a journo aristo

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lmao at John realizing that Twitter is the One Ring to anyone who studied free-verse poetry and refusing it

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Nothus posted:

Lmao at John realizing that Twitter is the One Ring to anyone who studied free-verse poetry and refusing it

lol that is a great way of putting it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

shrike82 posted:

fun pod for the gossip - the amount of bitterness the exiled guys have reminded me of the saying about academia and low stakes
lol and them gawking at taibbi being a journo aristo

shut the gently caress up shrike

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Just listened, they were more sympathetic to Matt than I would have expected. It was also interesting to hear Yasha talk about getting out of Russia after the mobilization announcement, although it seems sort of stupid to travel there in the first place right now.

Dikkfor
Feb 4, 2010

Nothus posted:

Also Yasha's hate is pure

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Gotta plug the sister podcast The Empire Never Ended because I know the newest episode is interesting to posters ITT.

They just overviewed information sent to them by fans about the Order of 9 Angles. It directly traces the formation of Atomwaffen to David Myatt staging a fake argument with himself using multiple accounts on the David Icke forum in 2013, as part of a scheme to get himself on the reptilian radar. It's all solid gold fashy forums content.

TENE is godlike, love that they're obsessed with the biggest losers and weirdos. Been really interested in the Dark Lord Sith Fascists too.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

christ this is quite the descent

https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1602594691761180673

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I remember liking Taibbi like a decade ago when he would show up on Bill Moyers' podcast from time to time to talk about Wall Street fraud but lol drat that's one more post-2016 broken brain to add to the pile

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The right is starting to get better at comedy and it's making lefties nervous

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i liked when they did an impression of a right-wing conservative luring taibbi. "yessss come innnn.... vee won't judge yoooouuuu!!!!"

:bisonyes:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

lol what a loving clown

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Jesus that's embarassing

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Nothus posted:

Jesus that's embarassing

Yeah, when he tweeted "We can't lose the amazing talent of ANDREW SULLIVAN to the fires of political correctness!!", years back, I knew he was lost forever.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

TENE is godlike, love that they're obsessed with the biggest losers and weirdos. Been really interested in the Dark Lord Sith Fascists too.

I need to pull up the episode notes so I can see Satineye Mancubus perform his Sith ritual in the video. My main take away from TENE is that fascists were just as big of losers 100 years ago that they are today, the main difference is that ye olde fascists had actual life experiences while fascists today are all coddled middle class white people who are afraid of waging their own violence. Ezra Pound was maybe the biggest loser of them all, and he still managed to be an international man of mystery despite himself. These days the most intrigue fascists get up to is snitching to the cops.

Alright I'm calling it. As of 12/12/2022, Matt Taibbi is officially declared "debased"

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Feels good to have never bothered trying to get into Taibbi because I didn't start reading eXiled until long after he was gone. :smug:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Feels good to have never bothered trying to get into Taibbi because I didn't start reading eXiled until long after he was gone. :smug:

It's really sad walking by my bookshelf and seeing copies of griftopia and i can't breathe.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it is unfortunate that taibbi turned out to be a completely unprincipled hack because some of his earlier writing was pretty good. ah well, into the trashbin of history

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's really sad walking by my bookshelf and seeing copies of griftopia and i can't breathe.

it's really sad to see. Saying Matt Walsh is funny is a worse outcome than if he'd been Michael Hastings'd. Dying at the right time counts for a lot.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm sure i've said it before itt but taibbi's articles in rolling stone calling dubya a twatwaffle fuckstick were pretty much what got me into politics in the first place

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Just crazy to me how someone that wrote a book like The Divide could end up here. I guess without the anchor of being an actual Marxist you can always be led astray, because you don't feel like people on the right want to kill you and destroy everything you stand for. Sucks to suck I guess.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

spite can drive any man to madness

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

fabergay egg posted:

spite can drive any man to madness

gently caress you no it cant

Hellequin
Feb 26, 2008

You Scream! You open your TORN, ROTTED, DECOMPOSED MOUTH AND SCREAM!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Gotta plug the sister podcast The Empire Never Ended because I know the newest episode is interesting to posters ITT.

They just overviewed information sent to them by fans about the Order of 9 Angles. It directly traces the formation of Atomwaffen to David Myatt staging a fake argument with himself using multiple accounts on the David Icke forum in 2013, as part of a scheme to get himself on the reptilian radar. It's all solid gold fashy forums content.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Thirding the recommendation for anyone not listening yet. Their arc studying American Nazism from the '30s on is amazing. I'm less interested in some of the Balkan stuff off the bat, but it's really good too. They're very casual but obviously whip smart dudes with ridiculous research chops.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It used to be super easy to be a criminal piece of poo poo back in those days. Ezra Pound was the biggest loser nerd fascist of them all and still managed to become an international man of mystery despite himself. Nowadays the most espionage fascists get up to is informing to the police. We're not like our fathers, even our losers are lamer.

The recent series they did on CIA Nazi ratlines is directly relevant to War Nerd material. Specifically the plans to have armies of Nazi collaborators invade the Soviet Union after a nuclear war in the 50s.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
looking forward to the Chapo version of this episode in 10 years

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1603208358302982147?s=20&t=49qU_wveAb3aFoKByNf_QA
https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1603211596867813378?s=20&t=49qU_wveAb3aFoKByNf_QA
https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1603214014737104901?s=20&t=49qU_wveAb3aFoKByNf_QA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Joementum posted:

Having his book tour cancelled for the Eric Garner book absolutely broke him and there was no turning back after that. It's a shame too because that's probably the best thing he's written.

yeah it's a great systematic look at why policing is so awful: it's because that's what everyone, democrat and republican voters, want. replace the police with different police? they're still going to do the same thing. abolish the police? to steal a getfiscal joke: now we have police2.

it's gross to think about what erica garner would think about the guy who humanized his dad now chilling with people who are glad her father was murdered.

the fact that he apparently removed the book from his bio is brutal.