Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

docbeard posted:

Man, first Majorian gets run out of D&D for being too friendly to CSPAM, and now this.

Honestly, compared to, you know, most CSPAM mods previous to I guess Son of Thunderbeast, he's doing fine. Just admitting when you've made a mistake is A-Class mod material. (It'll be S-Class if he actually follows through.)

NHD has really scaled back the Main Character Syndrome posting, or at least is confining it to places I don't read, which is basically the same thing as far as I'm concerned.

Dreylad and vyelkin seem pretty cool, though I don't interact with them that much.

I'm still a bit surprised when I see that Crusty Nutsack is still a mod. I suspect she is too.

Free sexpig, free larry, double-permaban Alec Eiffel if possible, free cu-, no that's all.

TY. I really do mean it when I say I'm going to try to use my buttons less (at least for probes), although Phone is being a weird prick so I'm not going to take it easy on them. People can hold me accountable on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Brain Candy posted:

i wouldn't be that cruel, but someone who uses their buttons whenever they are personally uncomfortable and then hides behind 'the people said' is a classic mod failure mode from that place

let them ik the ukraine thread so it doesn't fill with gore, i guess someone has to do it. but basically everwhere else the instincts of someone who really is still a lib (technically and pejoratively!) pressing buttons when their guts churn is just a distraction at best

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Majorian posted:

TY. I really do mean it when I say I'm going to try to use my buttons less (at least for probes), although Phone is being a weird prick so I'm not going to take it easy on them. People can hold me accountable on that.

for fucks sake. just be normal. pretend you dont have buttons when you post.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Shiroc posted:

e: this was a waste of effort

What a cowardly edit. I don't have any beef with elise or whatever but anytime one of you describes this event it's never "it's bad that these 2 kids died", it's always "it's bad that these kids died BUT they shot back/there was a proud boy threat/etc". Can you not see how that comes across as an attempt to justify their deaths?

Majorian posted:

Maybe take it to another thread? It seems like a lot of folks here would rather not talk about it here right now.

This is something that especially you do all the time, and it's so annoying. Half of you have posted in D&D and know that breaking off a topic completely kills any attempt at a conversation about that topic. It's probably not ideal to be having a conversation about holomodor in the pictures thread but I don't get why that hurts anyone.

One of the reasons people post here instead of D&D is that you can have conversations like this without having to provide 8000 citations or be probed because you're going off topic.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This is something that especially you do all the time, and it's so annoying. Half of you have posted in D&D and know that breaking off a topic completely kills any attempt at a conversation about that topic. It's probably not ideal to be having a conversation about holomodor in the pictures thread but I don't get why that hurts anyone.

One of the reasons people post here instead of D&D is that you can have conversations like this without having to provide 8000 citations or be probed because you're going off topic.

My general belief is that thread topics aren't real, but I do get why a feedback thread might not be the best place for the relitigation of bad things that happened in Seattle a couple years ago. It's definitely true that "take it to a different thread" is usually a more complicated way of saying "shut up", and I always favor the more direct "shut up".

This particular topic is a little complicated because its natural home thread was not just closed but disappeared (for good reason) and there's really no thread where "Black Teens In Cars: Threat Or Menace, CHAZ Edition" would really fit right now (and I'm not sure a new thread would survive very long tbh).

Ultimately CSPAM is at its best when it's a place for mostly-unfettered conversation, even when those conversations are weird or terrible.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

docbeard posted:

Ultimately CSPAM is at its best when it's a place for mostly-unfettered conversation, even when those conversations are weird or terrible.

yup

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

docbeard posted:

My general belief is that thread topics aren't real

I need to meditate on this.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

docbeard posted:

My general belief is that thread topics aren't real, but I do get why a feedback thread might not be the best place for the relitigation of bad things that happened in Seattle a couple years ago. It's definitely true that "take it to a different thread" is usually a more complicated way of saying "shut up", and I always favor the more direct "shut up".

This particular topic is a little complicated because its natural home thread was not just closed but disappeared (for good reason) and there's really no thread where "Black Teens In Cars: Threat Or Menace, CHAZ Edition" would really fit right now (and I'm not sure a new thread would survive very long tbh).

Yeah I agree with that.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

thread topics shouldnt be enforced unless it's a main character situation, and then only enforced to mock whoever is being the main character

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I know what you mean, bud. I too thought it a conflict of interest when he, as a father to be, shut down childfree discussion yesterday. Kind of a conflict of interest if you know what I mean?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Childfree freaks who post about the children they don't have are wierdos and shouldn't congregate here. Send their asses to E/N or PI.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

you dont need to have kids to hate those freaks

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

speng31b posted:

thread topics shouldnt be enforced unless it's a main character situation, and then only enforced to mock whoever is being the main character

the new topic should be how were going to kill u

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
wrong thread

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

parents rise up

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

you dont need to have kids to hate those freaks

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you dont hve the juice for it

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

parents rise up

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Speng, you have my axe

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

mods no: child free

mods yes: free child

speng31b
May 8, 2010

adding "the concept of children" to my list of topics that peopel can talk about very normally here along with "age gap discourse" and "comparing and contrasting genocides"

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

does anybody remember fruit stripe gum? It had a colorful zebra mascot and it lost its flavor in 5 seconds. Today I saw Fruit Stripe brand gummies and bought them on impulse. They taste awful

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Calibanibal posted:

does anybody remember fruit stripe gum? It had a colorful zebra mascot and it lost its flavor in 5 seconds. Today I saw Fruit Stripe brand gummies and bought them on impulse. They taste awful

yes. yes i do.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Calibanibal posted:

that's longer than I remember them lasting

so good though. like sniffing the freezer air that's probably bad for you

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

I don't know if I ever tried the gum even once, but I loved the TV ads.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The gum is great. Those gummies are bad.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

The mods are fine and our resident 2 admins are fine. Only issue I see is some people are too high strung. People need to chill out.

yeah this. esp people complaining about short probes

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

can we ban posting that nick adams guy and his dumbass tweets

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
my feedback is that the musk thread was always teetering on the edge of aids and now has a raging case, so either get it some antivirals or someone should make a parallel thread for summarizing twitter's collapse for people not obsessed with how Elon fucks or spelling his name wrong where it's just a timeline of events and info leaks to lol at.

not me tho

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
That last thing with Dave Chappelle and the whole comedy crowd booing Musk was p funny tho.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

elon took the musk thread away from me. i will never forgive him

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

That last thing with Dave Chappelle and the whole comedy crowd booing Musk was p funny tho.

that stuff can be in there, I just don't want to scroll through 30 posts of creepy stuff and obsessiveness to get to the funny

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

no, this is lovely in dnd because its done to remove on topic posts from the threads they belong in ("immigration chat doesnt belong in the us politics thread" etc)

relitigating this stupid loving argument about chaz for the 100th time has nothing to do with cspam feedback lol

no one cares about this poo poo. more people on sa need to sincerely just let go of their forum grudges or whatever

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

free white sauce

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i was reminded of a conversation we had in the succ zone

Willa Rogers posted:

taibbi's been screamed at that he's reich-wing nazi trash for the last day & it all just makes me tired. It's just so loving predictable by now, and it's also just so loving boring because it is just so loving predictable to see someone become an official enemy of the state (or "fash-adjacent" or any other overheated term) is for making democrats look bad, as if democrats don't make themselves look bad by merely existing.
there were a lot of people sympathetic to the idea that maybe it's disingenuous to call taibbi rightwing and taibbi dialectics should be considered more fully. no frantic slapping of the report button and calls for bans.

i presented this case to the new landscape of the musk thread. being as nice as possible [i.e. boring], citing over a decades long support of sanders, support for specific policies such as medicare for all, essays about tying the censorship directly to the billionaire privatization of the commons and war propaganda. people were deeply upset that someone would dare suggest this.

idk where im going with this but i hope this helps for feedback

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

do ppl not change when a big old bag of $$$ is in their face??? yes!!!!!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

i was reminded of a conversation we had in the succ zone

there were a lot of people sympathetic to the idea that maybe it's disingenuous to call taibbi rightwing and taibbi dialectics should be considered more fully. no frantic slapping of the report button and calls for bans.

i presented this case to the new landscape of the musk thread. being as nice as possible [i.e. boring], citing over a decades long support of sanders, support for specific policies such as medicare for all, essays about tying the censorship directly to the billionaire privatization of the commons and war propaganda. people were deeply upset that someone would dare suggest this.

idk where im going with this but i hope this helps for feedback

Syq

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Failing to meet effort with effort, failure to assume good faith on part of another poster. Conduct highly unbecoming of a moderator. Do better.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Failing to meet effort with effort, failure to assume good faith on part of another poster. Conduct highly unbecoming of a moderator. Do better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

Here’s my feedback: I like cspam. Even though y’all don’t get everything right all the time you’re making a genuine effort at an essentially impossible task and I’m glad you’re here.

I do really dislike the good/bad thread forums warrioring though so it would be cool if there was less of that. Also if we could get 10000000 hour probes for idiots from other forums hate posting in the Covid thread I would like that. Idiots from other parts of cspam are still ok though.

I also have mixed feelings on the prohibition of death posting. so much of civilization is organized around murdering the powerless for profit that it feels a bit like :decorum: to not be able to publicly lust for the deaths of the oppressors. Like sure it would be better if the death posts were funny but so much of cspam is just unfunny wailing and gnashing of teeth and I feel like this is just a different flavor of that?

I do understand the history and all that though and I’d rather have cspam without death posting than no cspam so maybe better things aren’t possible.