Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

that's a point, is elon going to kill off twitters open source projects

going away code for free sounds like communism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Steadiman posted:

He got stuck trying to work in a pickle-Rick joke and his brain froze, realizing he wasn't actually funny, and he poo poo his pants instead, which would explain the pose

yep

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

yeah it was probably a pickle rick joke and not a dave chapelle joke at the dave chapelle event :rolleye:

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
you're the rick now dog!!!

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
What billionaire vanity project would you rather sit through?

1. Elon Musk's stand-up comedy

2. New York Knicks owner James Dolan's country blues band "JD & The Straight Shot" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvGE2jXLBAo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Earwicker posted:

is there any other billionaire/ceo type who is given time as a performer/comedian/etc even though they have no talent or even interest in the art at all? like musk was also invited to host snl for some reason. i dont see the koch brothers or warren buffet or bezos doing that kind of poo poo, at least not in so public a way. like supposedly paul allen from microsoft was actually a great guitarist but i dont remember him trying to join metallica on stage or whatever

musk desperately wishes he was liked the way performers are liked, i bet he pushes for that poo poo himself

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

drat leftists and their *checks notes* doing good for the world

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I thought it was founded so you could live blog your poops via text message, but what do I know

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Earwicker posted:

is there any other billionaire/ceo type who is given time as a performer/comedian/etc even though they have no talent or even interest in the art at all? like musk was also invited to host snl for some reason. i dont see the koch brothers or warren buffet or bezos doing that kind of poo poo, at least not in so public a way. like supposedly paul allen from microsoft was actually a great guitarist but i dont remember him trying to join metallica on stage or whatever

One of the Cs at Goldman Sachs keeps buying headline DJ slots at mainstream dance music gigs.

They wanna be the cool kid so drat much.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Earwicker posted:

Yeah it happens sometimes but a lot of billionaires have the sense to just kind of casually try to blend in. Steve Ballmer is a hooting hollering maniac for his Clippers but if you didn't know who he was, he'd look like any other superfan

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

- Ben Shapiro, noted brilliant engineering mind

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Most people go to Twitter to see how many megabytes of tweets they can download per minute and compare the figures, completely agnostic to the content, hm yes

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
"Twitter is supposed to be an engineering platform!" I yell, as Elon loses admin access to Twitter's entire GitHub

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Replace all tweets with Lorem ipsum to bring Twitter to its full potential

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The gently caress does "an engineering platform" mean?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Also, didn't Elon buy Twitter to preserve free speech, a very clear "doing good in the world" use case?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
"Returned it to its engineering roots"??? What the gently caress does that even mean. It's a social media platform ya dumbass goober!

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Engineering is the process of OWNING the LIBS with FACTS and LOGIC

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

goatface posted:

The gently caress does "an engineering platform" mean?

An engine for doing evil in the world, apparently

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

sometime in the early days of twitter i remember people repeating a factoid that went something like "they have 9 servers dedicated just to tweets about justin bieber"

i dont know if thats true or makes any kind of technical sense but i suspect thats the type of engineering shapiro means

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

AARD VARKMAN posted:

musk desperately wishes he was liked the way performers are liked, i bet he pushes for that poo poo himself

He absolutely does.

Exhibit A1: Twitter, starting 10/22/22

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Earwicker posted:

I saw Cameron Winklevoss's band play at a bar once. They were fine

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Earwicker posted:

First thing I thought of

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11NOblvuEpU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

It always amazes me when they openly admit "yeah we are the Bad Guys" and their voters just go YEAH THAT'S RIGHT

Also there really isn't a topic this little turd can't rewrite the history of is there?

An Engineering platform? What the gently caress does that even mean Ben?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

The gently caress did I watch?

What was this supposed to do?

Head hurry now need lie down

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Microsoft "commercials" (or whatever you would call those weird semi-viral PR spots) were always just baffling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb5NTwAEi2w

(original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmQvOT1Sxkg

)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Here's a cheerful one

https://twitter.com/iucounu/status/1602672275689447424

Kale
May 14, 2010

Its pretty amazing that twitter has become even more of an insufferable culture war battleground than it already was. Society is literally never eacaping all this loving whining and finger pointing victimhood narrative crafting.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Kale posted:

Its pretty amazing that twitter has become even more of an insufferable culture war battleground than it already was. Society is literally never eacaping all this loving whining and finger pointing victimhood narrative crafting.

The idiotic war over the "right to post" on the most garbage, dipshit, anger inducing website ever created by man is terrible yeah

Just... stop using Twitter. It's a garbage website anyway, it always was, even when it was "better" moderated.

The "culture war" is so loving hilarious to me: you made almost two whole generations loving hate you globally over the span of 10+ years.

Are you winning son? Is that victory wine in your mouths conservatives?

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 13, 2022

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Earwicker posted:

I remember that Richard Branson used to do wacky stunts to promote his new airline, and he's been on some comedy shows. Maybe it's the accent but unlike Musk, he actually seems to have a sense of humour.
https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/travel/flights/2013/05/13/richard-bransons-best-publicity-stunts/2155245/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05h8VK0N4J8

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

TulliusCicero posted:

It always amazes me when they openly admit "yeah we are the Bad Guys" and their voters just go YEAH THAT'S RIGHT

Also there really isn't a topic this little turd can't rewrite the history of is there?

You're not supposed to think about it or ask follow-up question. Just accept that words were said, libs were owned, and move on.

reminder that benny shaps was invited to speak with the guy trying to create a(nother) British Fox News, whose pretend intellectuals are advanced enough to have entire conversations, and, upon being asked a simple follow-up question, threw a tantrum, called the guy a liberal, and ran off set

These people literally can't handle the softest of softball questions and spin out the second anyone in the room goes off script. Dave Chapelle being able to go "these people booing are poors" makes him one of the wittiest chuds out there.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 13, 2022

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

kazil posted:

these "who needs twitter? not me :smug:" hot takes sure are refreshing

Sorry you're still on twitter

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1602734819225571328

I think I've phrased it before, but I'll do so again. This idiot seriously believes unless lovely fuckwits like the Babylon Bee can post transphobic jokes unencumbered on a lovely hellsite, humanity is in grave danger, and this belief is genuinely consuming him at the cost of everything else he's doing.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 13, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

Probably won't be following this twitter musk stuff as closely next year unless something horrible happens that makes the mainstream news. Like one guy said a while back (Data Graham I think) its all playing out so predictably with all the right wing suspects coming out to rehash all the culture war narratives that have hobbled Western society for years now I just kind of feel like I've seen this show already. The 24/7 culture war victimhood narrative stuff was tired by the time Trump left office and its still pretty loving tired with Elon becoming the new main character of the right wing culture war show.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

IBroughttheFunk posted:

I think I've phrased it before, but I'll do so again. This idiot seriously believes unless lovely fuckwits like the Babylon Bee can post transphobic jokes unencumbered on a lovely hellsite, humanity is in grave danger, and this belief is genuinely consuming him at the cost of everything else he's doing.

Someone mentioned earlier that he's terrified of having to re-live the fall of Apartheid, and that really contextualizes tweets like that.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Isn't it awesome? He's going to get "Posters Disease" into the DSM.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1602734819225571328

I think I've phrased it before, but I'll do so again. This idiot seriously believes unless lovely fuckwits like the Babylon Bee can post transphobic jokes unencumbered on a lovely hellsite, humanity is in grave danger.

:lol: :psyduck:

"Until Mars is self sustainable?" "Civilization was collapsing" because young people can post on Instagram and Twitter wasn't entirely a cesspit?

What the gently caress are you talking about you Deranged Boer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

its because all the smart ghouls who just wanted to make money or tax breaks are dead or retired or pudding brained so now the true believers or the 5 column oppertunists and the nazi nazis run the party.