Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think it started in DS2 when they let Isaac talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

fridge corn posted:

Lol completely forgot I played any fifa at all this year oops.

E: apparently my card is hosed up. Also this this 31 hours more than last year? Felt like much less!!!

Heyyy another garbage truck icon user.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The only time is Isaac should speak is in DS 2 during the eye needle scene, and he should just be whispering gently caress over and over again.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Wrong, they need to keep how he starts cursing if you do a lot of stomps in a row

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what is up with that machine. who designed an eye needle machine which just goes bonkers and impales your skull if it's 0.1mm off dead center. this is not ohsa compliant

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I forgot I played so much MK11 this year lol, and also Shadow Man Remastered is fuckin’ great and everyone should play it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

With the Witcher 3 update tonight I will be playing 3 (!) concurrent RPGs next to Persona 5 Royal and Crisis Core. What a time

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

imhotep posted:

NO he needs to fast track disco elysium, aipsh was demanding it as well

i meant to ask you earlier, but what do you think control 2 will be about? your posts in the control thread speculating about potential future story line stuff was interesting, and i think that might've been before the dlc came out, so i was curious what you thought specifically, plus you also like predicted the horizon forbidden west plot. but yeah obviously there's the sort of cliffhanger with former and the board, which i assume was set up for a sequel, and i supppose there's also dylan, but maybe he'll just be chill and normal now. i thought the stuff in AWE with the paracriminal organizations was a really cool idea that i was hoping to see more of, but they did a good job of emphasizing the potential damage they could do and what was at stake, so i hope they include more of that, even if it's only some side quests, but i can see it also being more of a main plot that's going on parallel to the weird stuff going on with the oldest house. the concept art they put out is interesting, i can't tell if that's just outside of the oldest house or somewhere else, but it looks like an AWE

Yo whats this, official concept art!!!? Yeah looks like jesse is leaving the office :eyepop:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i want to leave the office, so I cna play video games

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i want to leave the office, so I cna play video games

:same:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

What if your office WAS the video game... you'd never work a day in your life.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I work from home so I play video games in the office all the time

exquisite tea posted:

Using Horizon Worlds still technically counts as work

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

exquisite tea posted:

I'd probably be dead by now :(

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I don't want a Soulslike Armored Core, but I want a post Souls Armored core, if that makes any sense. I want to see what AC looks like from the developer that has swept multiple game awards in recent years and I'm curious as to what that entails. AC is niche as gently caress at this point and frankly sort of dated, so it seems totally reasonable to want to see how it relates to the series that millions of people are obssesed with vs the one that 25 people care about.

The last one I played was For Answer and it was kind of rad stylistically, but if they released something like that now with the current quality of game they are releasing I'd be like wtf because it was kind of a sloppy, ugly game with crappy controls so I hope thhat they have completely reimagined the series for AC6 and I hope everything they have learned from Souls plays into that.

From the IGN interview it sounds like that's what we're getting, and I'm really curious to see how it shakes out. It won't be recognizable as a souls game, but it's gonna have a similar interest in kick rear end boss fights, have mechanics that reward player aggression in the face of overwhelming might, and provide more melee options than past AC games did. Also the trailer shows what looks like one mech stun-cancelling another's close range attack and following up with a critical hit, I'll choose to read into that. I'm really excited to see Fromsoft get back to basics and apply what they've learned to a totally different kind of game. Maybe they stumble, doubt it but at a minimum it's going to be a very interesting game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

NGL I got less actual gaming done during the quarantine period because it was hard to differentiate what was "work" time versus game time and I probably overcorrected by not gaming (while also not being particularly productive about doing my own work).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exquisite tea posted:

NGL I got less actual gaming done during the quarantine period because it was hard to differentiate what was "work" time versus game time and I probably overcorrected by not gaming (while also not being particularly productive about doing my own work).

stopped playing my PC almost entirely becuase i was wfh and i associated my computer desk with work which is weird but hey

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Oh man, what the hell were From thinking with the Rennala fight? A really long run (by elden standards), followed by an unskippable and unfun first phase which lacks any challenge at all once you work out what to do. The second phase could be a fun fight, but I'm so grumpy from the busy work that it saps all the fun out of it.

It's actually the first time where I've just said 'oh gently caress this' out loud and turned the console off.

I've looked up some strategies and will try to take her down again tomorrow, but man, given how streamlined the boss experience is in elden ring, this one sticks out like a sore thumb as like a cliché of why people don't like souls bosses.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I did Rennala first time

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I haven't played since launch but I remember that there was a chance that you couldn't even get to the second phase because of some bug.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Almost as if different people find different things difficult.

I did Renalla in only a couple of attempts, but I can see how that first phase is kind of a chore once you know the gimmick if you have to go back and do it again and again.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Does anyone know of the Playstation stats are calculated retroactively if you enable it during a year? It was disabled due to GDPR by default over here, and it somehow tells me I played 480% more than last year on PS5, which can't be right as Metroid Dread and Xenoblade 3 took up a lot of my gaming hours on Switch also, so I haven't even switched platforms more than last year. I assume the numbers are only for the PS4 and 5 games I actually played on the PS5 after enabling it, ignoring anything on PS4 are PS5 before?

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I had a habit of taking on ER bosses slightly underleveled, so I did that first Rennala phase a whole bunch. Got gud, it always took under a minute, just a little warmup for phase 2, no big deal. Also I don't remember having much trouble with her boss run. I vaguely recall there being a shortcut that trivializes it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's a 'shortcut' through the rear end in a top hat mages but it's easier just to go up the big ball staircase and neither of them is particularly short.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't remember Rennala being very hard but that's because if you're playing Elden Ring right you arrive at all the major story bosses horribly overleveled

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

There's a 'shortcut' through the rear end in a top hat mages but it's easier just to go up the big ball staircase and neither of them is particularly short.

Now that you mention it I think I went through the mages. Run across the courtyard, up the stairs and through the mages, along a hallway/bridge situation to get to the area where the Carian knight used to be, hook a left and go up the elevator and you're at the door. Send the elevator back down before you head in if you're nice with it. Just long enough to meditate on my failures. If the mages dinged me that was my Nintendo-style reminder to take a break, and you can always trade them for a few extra seconds of running up a big empty staircase. Maybe I'm callused from DeS boss runs but I didn't blink at this.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Man I didn't realize how little I use my PS5 since I finally got a decent PC...the only games I played this year were Elden Ring and Bloodborne. And even then, I got Elden Ring before the PC and then ended up getting it on PC later.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rolo posted:

Heyyy another garbage truck icon user.

Love my tiny bin lorry. Feels it sums me up perfectly

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Yeah, the boss run is about a minute long, and is non lethal if you take the marginally longer route. By the standards of other souls games it's not too bad, I just think I'm spoilt.

The shortcut barely even qualifies to be called one. It's like maybe 5 seconds quicker, and involves running past two dudes with homing magic.

I have no doubts that I'll be able to best her fairly easy, but it's just that feeling of going through all the rigmarole of the run, then the first phase, and then being literally one-shot by that opening beam thing which stun locks you. I know, I know, git gud.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I can never remember my PSN login... can I do a year in review from my actual ps5 or only browsers.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Been trying to play the new Final Fantasy Crisis Core and the game is bugging out so hard that it's impossible to follow the story. Every single cutscene has the dialogue text stay on screen for only a split second before skipping to the next line but the each voiced line keeps playing out in full like a Rick and Morty skit of people yelling over each other. It was funny at first but even restarting the game doesn't seem to fix it. Everything was fine up until I got deployed to Wutai and suddenly I have the shortest and loudest cutscenes ever.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

the best games, y:lad, y0 and y5 :cool:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Not bad. A little surprised not to see RDR2 in the top 5, but I guess I did split that between the end of last year and January.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Ryoga posted:

Been trying to play the new Final Fantasy Crisis Core and the game is bugging out so hard that it's impossible to follow the story. Every single cutscene has the dialogue text stay on screen for only a split second before skipping to the next line but the each voiced line keeps playing out in full like a Rick and Morty skit of people yelling over each other. It was funny at first but even restarting the game doesn't seem to fix it. Everything was fine up until I got deployed to Wutai and suddenly I have the shortest and loudest cutscenes ever.

It's been fine for me and I'm at Wutai (although Zack's voice actor is really hit or miss). Did you try reinstalling it yet? That's probably the next step I figure.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Did you turn on auto progress through dialogue in the options? Maybe that’s fucky.

I also just got to wutai and have no weird sound problems.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I played the demo for Forspoken, I thought it looked kinda fun in promos

The demo is very bad, hopefully the final game will be better but I will not be one to find out

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I was surprised by the Forspoken demo. I like the combat and movement quite a bit. It has a great weight to it. Feels powerful (haptics are awesome), looks awesome. Kind of made me think Infamous but weird fantasy and that’s very much my sort of thing. The menus and missions and whatever just sort of blurred me into a brain fog and didn’t catch me at all. I just had fun running all over fighting things. I’m definitely more interested in it post demo but I’m going to have to see some reviews that check the marks I’m wondering about. I think I’ll have to come back to the demo a few times to feel out the rest of the game flow.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Feeling like I did well this year!

Six platinum trophies in 2022 for Bloodborne, Demon’s Souls (PS5), Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3 and Dragon Quest XI. Also finished Spider-Man and I’m on pace to finish rear end Creed Valhalla before the end of 2022.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

History Comes Inside! posted:

Did you turn on auto progress through dialogue in the options? Maybe that’s fucky.

I also just got to wutai and have no weird sound problems.

Auto advance is off on a new install and it keeps happening in the exact same point. Haven't had an crazy issue like this since spider-man and being unable to finish the miles mission where you go to the feast center because I would always fall through the road when crossing the street into a watery void below. That one also persisted between restarts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lol, 13 Sentinels made it into my top 5 games played this year from the LP I did

Also, it thinks my first trophy this year is from Disgaea 3, a Vita game I played in 2012

Elden Ring sure was a lot of my total playtime