Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
I’ve had a period every month for 25 years or so and yet every time it comes around I still manage to get blood on my sheets. Like all the way through to the mattress topper. I have a set of sheets now that are just for my cycle. Any recommendations for stain remover, lay it on me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

AbstractBlacksmith posted:

I’ve had a period every month for 25 years or so and yet every time it comes around I still manage to get blood on my sheets. Like all the way through to the mattress topper. I have a set of sheets now that are just for my cycle. Any recommendations for stain remover, lay it on me!

Cold water and salt

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AbstractBlacksmith posted:

I've had good success with oxiclean.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Rinse with cold water, and make sure the water goes through the back -> front so you don’t push the blood further in. Then use Oxyclean.

cocoavalley
Dec 28, 2010

Well son, a funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done
Another vote for oxiclean here, but also plain hydrogen peroxide has worked for me.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Peroxide on fresh, a long cold oxyclean soak for dried and set

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
Cold water wash, with meat tenderizer (the powdered stuff) sprinkled in.

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

The Titanic posted:

I like to take baths, and feel like a bath cleans everything out really good.

I guess my question is when you're on your period do you take a bath, ignore the smell of blood once it overtakes the water smell, and just ignore the floaty bits of uterus as the water slowly turns red?
...my pelvic muscles automatically clamp shut when I get in the bath. Some kind of automatic reflex, I've never had to consciously direct it.

So I've never had an incident of leaking in the tub, although admittedly my periods have always been on the light side.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Mine are not on the light side and it can get pretty dramatic. So long as you're showering afterwards it's no big deal.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Ayin posted:

...my pelvic muscles automatically clamp shut when I get in the bath. Some kind of automatic reflex, I've never had to consciously direct it.

So I've never had an incident of leaking in the tub, although admittedly my periods have always been on the light side.

HopperUK posted:

Mine are not on the light side and it can get pretty dramatic. So long as you're showering afterwards it's no big deal.

No shower after. Just the bath. And near the middle or end I be sure to shoot water up there with my cupped hand to make sure it helps to discharge.

The smell of iron can be powerful and I just ignore the floaty gore.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

The Titanic posted:

No shower after. Just the bath. And near the middle or end I be sure to shoot water up there with my cupped hand to make sure it helps to discharge.

The smell of iron can be powerful and I just ignore the floaty gore.

With that final sentence, you are more metal than I could ever even dream of being.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

If you've never dipped a finger in your diva cup and smeared on some war paint the old gods cannot accept you

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Yo, that's nasty. Baths are gross enough without adding sloughed off uterine tissue into the mix.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
My period has begun in earnest. Let the blood clots hit the floor :black101:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
It's been a while but this morning I woke up with agonizing period cramps. I thankfully can work from home and did but jesus lord I forgot how bad it can get.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
My default response to my partner asking how my period is going has become to simply respond "Planet's dyin', Cloud"

Bleaaaagggghhhh

Also, does anyone else have a period comfort food that they're not sure if anyone else has? Mine has been ramyun with an egg and it just makes everything feel a little bit better

Pomme de Terror fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 8, 2022

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I tend to enjoy all things dairy. So yogurts taste amazing. I really like tapioca too and usually mix it with some pie filling type cherries. It is amazing.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
This is shaping up to be one of those days when I leave work early because it's just so much blood. One of the blood clots I dropped in the shower was about two inches long and shaped like a cat shark, which is kinda cool. I wish I had been able to get a picture even though that would be kinda gross

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

womb with a view posted:

Yeah, there's a lot of contradictory information out there on what to do about breakthrough bleeding, but after this experiment I'm inclined to believe that powering through is going to be the better option next time. If it happens again for too long I'll talk to my doctor, maybe I need to change to a higher dose. Glad that it worked out so well for you in the long term though, that gives me hope!
👀 hey yo this is an option? I thought there was only the one dose per formulation!
I started topamax because moving back to a place that actually has seasons kicked my migraines into absolute overdrive, but in exchange for being able to do anything for half the month, I seem to have lost some of the emotional-stabilizing effect that I so badly need :negative:

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021
I’ve only had 4 cycles this year. :( On one hand not having a regular period kicks rear end, but on the other hand, it probably isn’t a great sign that my body has given up on fertility.

I think I’m bleeding often enough that I don’t have to go for period-inducing pills, though, which is a win.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Hey what's up I just started my period inducing pills!

I hope they don't make me horribly depressed this time 🙃

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Killingyouguy! posted:

Hey what's up I just started my period inducing pills!

I hope they don't make me horribly depressed this time 🙃

When I had to take period inducing pills a few years ago, I started angerly tearing up when I was browsing a tumblr tag and saw fanart of a pairing I didn't like.

I then realized high doses of progesterone make me feel like I'm 13 again, which is the actual worst.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

hopeandjoy posted:

I then realized high doses of progesterone make me feel like I'm 13 again, which is the actual worst.

oh my god this is precisely it isn't it

i hate myself i hate my body i need to cover my walls with emo lyrics in sharpie just to feel something

TriggerHappyMarie
Sep 15, 2011

Show of hands - who else warms up your tampon in your cleavage so it’s closer to body temp when you insert?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

TriggerHappyMarie posted:

Show of hands - who else warms up your tampon in your cleavage so it’s closer to body temp when you insert?

not a tampon user but i do run my diva cup under the hottest water my faucet will provide and it's very comforting. like a hug in my vagina

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Having lived in the desert, I've not had much of a temperature discrepancy, but now that I live in northern Alberta this is a goddamn pro move

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Never had that severe of a temperature differential, but this is definitely a tip to store away in the old hindbrain.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

After two weeks of symptoms I was practically yelling at my cooter to do its thing and bleed dammit. Finally bleeding.

I know it had to be my covid booster knocking it off course.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I just realized menstrual blood must be our incessant poo poo/fart topic posts I guess lol

MACAW.AVI
Dec 1, 2013
How the gently caress can this period be more painful but not correspondingly heavier. This makes no sense. My brain feels like it’s contracting in tandem with my uterus and I want to sleep for an entire week.

Killingyouguy! posted:

not a tampon user but i do run my diva cup under the hottest water my faucet will provide and it's very comforting. like a hug in my vagina

Same. It makes inserting it all the more bearable.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Ugh, same. It's like there's not enough tissue there so my uterus is just scraping itself against my paraguard. I nearly threw up at work today and was all shaky even after loading up on ibuprofen.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Only somewhat relevant but drat I wish I didn't get a UTI if I so much as breathe wrong

And every time I go in for antibiotics they imply I don't wash like yes I do all the hygiene poo poo I'm supposed to. It doesn't loving help

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

I had heaps of problems with UTIs until I realised I wasn't fully emptying my bladder each time. I've never actually been diagnosed with anything but apparently my aunt has, some kind of urine retention or bladder spasm or who knows, but resulting in incomplete bladder emptying. For her, she had a full 100ml of urine still left after each time. If you always leave that last little bit of pee stewing away it grows some nasty stuff. I find if I wait for another 5 mins after I pee sometimes it's like I have a whole new extra pee to do and since I've been diligent about peeing ALL of the pee, the UTIs have stopped. If it makes you feel better, back when I was struggling with UTIs the (female) doctor said to me "What have you been doing to yourself to cause this?" like I'd been humping a pile of turds or something. You know, instead of actually investigating a real cause. Being on antibiotics all the time used to give me diarrhea AND thrush. UTI solidarity, I hope you work something out for yours.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

UTIs stopped happening for me when I stopped wearing skinny jeans and jeggings. Turns out my vadge has lungs or something and needs to breathe which it can't do in skintight faux-denim, resulting in disgust.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Maybe douching with lysol was the answer after all

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
I used to get UTIs all the drat time, and a doctor up here in Canada mentioned something about chicken carrying the bacteria? I thought she was nuts but nope! Turns out chicken can really cause it so be advised

e: we switched to buying frozen chicken and ever since I've been free of twat-rot

Pyrtanis fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 13, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
That's not how you brine a chicken

(flees)

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Pyrtanis posted:

I used to get UTIs all the drat time, and a doctor up here in Canada mentioned something about chicken carrying the bacteria? I thought she was nuts but nope! Turns out chicken can really cause it so be advised

e: we switched to buying frozen chicken and ever since I've been free of twat-rot

Holy MOLY
that's amazing
I had no idea.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Wow extra glad I'm vegetarian now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Killingyouguy! posted:

Only somewhat relevant but drat I wish I didn't get a UTI if I so much as breathe wrong

And every time I go in for antibiotics they imply I don't wash like yes I do all the hygiene poo poo I'm supposed to. It doesn't loving help

Same. I bought a ton of the cheap amazon dip strip tests to figure out if my piss discomfort is a UTI, a big UTI or just my underwear rubbin weird or my period making my lady bits more acidic and painful.

My doc told me that some women are just way more prone to them due to shape so im sorry that your doctor is a shithead.

I mostly just drink a ton of water and cranberry pills every month around that time and it mostly does an ok job preventing everything.