Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

AnacondaHL posted:

Yea, Hunterace's aggro pure paladin that was brought to the solary invitational last weekend

### Pure Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
# 2x (2) Battle Vicar
# 2x (2) Class Action Lawyer
# 1x (2) Kotori Lightblade
# 2x (2) Order in the Court
# 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
# 2x (3) Seal of Blood
# 2x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
# 2x (4) Buffet Biggun
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 2x (4) Invigorating Sermon
# 1x (6) Blood Crusader
# 1x (7) The Countess
# 2x (9) Lightray
#
AAECAZ8FBJHsA4biBKHiBLuXBQ3M6wPn7APw9gPJoAT5pATQrATi0wS/4gTA4gTM4gTy7QSBlgWDlgUA
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/qo272hqK1prLup2Xn74fph/
Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

If you don't login to the game regularly (but then again, why are you reading this thread?) or clicked away the bigass banner too quickly:

quote:

Get into the holiday spirit with a gift of 10 packs (2 packs from each of Forged in the Barrens, United in Stormwind, Fractured in Alterac Valley, Voyage to the Sunken City, and Murder at Castle Nathria), free for all players who login between now and January 31!* Spread the holiday cheer to your friends and let them know that new players will receive an additional 50 packs (10 packs from each of the last five Standard expansions) if they create new accounts and login before January 31!**

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

mcbexx posted:

...or clicked away the bigass banner too quickly:
That would be me lol

Thx for the heads-up!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
WHAT FREE HAMMER WHERE IS THIS "FREE HAMMER"

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

### Reno Lich King
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Body Bagger
# 1x (1) Heart Strike
# 1x (1) Icy Touch
# 1x (1) Noxious Cadaver
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Hematurge
# 1x (2) Obliterate
# 1x (2) Vampiric Blood
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Asphyxiate
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 1x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Soulbreaker
# 1x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (4) Death Strike
# 1x (5) Blood Boil
# 1x (5) Corpse Explosion
# 1x (5) Deathbringer Saurfang
# 1x (5) Spammy Arcanist
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (7) Alexandros Mograine
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) Patchwerk
# 1x (7) The Curator
# 1x (8) Boneguard Commander
# 1x (8) Soulstealer
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAEBAfHhBCi5sgLfxAL8owORsQOW6AOm7wPQ+QOoigSljQSlrQTlsATHsgTp0ASW1ASY1ASa1AS42QTq4wT04wT84wT94wT+4wSJ5ASU5ASJ5gSx5gS05gSP7QSX7wSk7wSE9gSH9gSy9wSz9wS+9wS2+gSrgAWogQWimQXipAUAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Desert Bus posted:

WHAT FREE HAMMER WHERE IS THIS "FREE HAMMER"

It’s a Battlegrounds thing

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

RatHat posted:

Did it auto-smash for anyone? I wanted the new gameboard but it seemed like I waited too long and auto-smashed the bartender, which is whatever, but, curious

Capped
Jun 21, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

Did it auto-smash for anyone? I wanted the new gameboard but it seemed like I waited too long and auto-smashed the bartender, which is whatever, but, curious

Yep, same

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Sandwolf posted:

As far as I know it's a stock animation, like a bad slot machine. You don't stop it at a specific time to get what you want, you just roll the dice and if you want something besides what you get you have to buy the hammer pass and play enough to get the rest.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

RatHat posted:

Oh gross thanks

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Lurks With Wolves posted:

As far as I know it's a stock animation, like a bad slot machine. You don't stop it at a specific time to get what you want, you just roll the dice and if you want something besides what you get you have to buy the hammer pass and play enough to get the rest.

Oh I get it but lmao at $10 for pure cosmetics, some of which will never even see the light of day

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Oh I get it but lmao at $10 for pure cosmetics, some of which will never even see the light of day

I mean, once you buy the pass you get another hammer every time you win while it's active. You'll get all of them in like a week if you play reasonably often.

(It's still an exploitative way to make people feel like they need to spend money, though.)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Exploitative how? It's just a silly battle pass.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

No Wave posted:

Exploitative how? It's just a silly battle pass.

Because it's a second battle pass they shove on top for no reason to get the "oh, I need to get all these collectables" reaction without starting a whole new phase of the main missions-and-free-content battle pass, and they're giving everyone a free one that's unlocked with a flashy animation to make everyone look at it and (ideally) get sad that they didn't the one they wanted. It's fundamentally just a way to encourage people to buy things.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Because it's a second battle pass they shove on top for no reason to get the "oh, I need to get all these collectables" reaction without starting a whole new phase of the main missions-and-free-content battle pass, and they're giving everyone a free one that's unlocked with a flashy animation to make everyone look at it and (ideally) get sad that they didn't the one they wanted. It's fundamentally just a way to encourage people to buy things.
BGs is possibly the most poorly monetized service game ever. I have to let them at least try to make some money.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Regarding signature card chat, when I first saw the new LK ones they reminded me of how the Pokemon TCG does some of theirs, because for the most part they're garbage as well. For example, this is a normal card:

And these are the standard, higher-rarity versions of certain cards like that one (called Rainbow and Gold rares):

So far, so ugly. But then in the current cycle they started doing unique alternates for some cards, and a lot of them are really amazing pieces of art:

This style of alternate art proved to be a huge hit with players (and collectors) to the point where in the final set for the current cycle which released recently in Japan, they made 84 unique alternate arts:

To be fair, the game has done unique alternate arts in the past but they weren't nearly on the same level as these ones.

And in terms of other digital card games doing premium versions of their cards, I still don't think any game comes close to Gwent, where every card can be upgraded into an animated version (sorry for the image size, they're the smallest I could find):

https://i.imgur.com/Uzm1Dnk_lq.mp4https://i.imgur.com/znj64Ue_lq.mp4https://i.imgur.com/S8FKaDZ_lq.mp4

More here, but maybe don't click that if you don't think you'd like to see a close-up of a worm wriggling around on an eyeball...

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

fanny packrat posted:

e: has anyone here been playing quest DH otk? I just can't win with it, but it is fun. Right now I'm trying the list with Jace and Fury instead of the deathrattle weapon and peddler. Just getting rolled by any board pressure.

In case anyone is playing this, I'm slowly figuring it out. Questline reward doesn't matter in most matchups, most of the time you can combo if you get discounts on spell damage and damage spells. Don't be afraid to use an All Fel Breaks Loose and some spell damage to handle early pressure (and usually get a full heal). Mark of Scorn is useful midgame to advance quest and maybe do some damage, but greeding it has been a mistake for me because inevitably the bottom of the deck is minion dense. Current list is below. It's fun, challenging (to me, an idiot), and it seems competitive.

### quest
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (1) Final Showdown
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Relic of Extinction
# 2x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 2x (1) Unleash Fel
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 1x (2) Mark of Scorn
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (3) Relic of Phantasms
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 2x (3) Silvermoon Arcanist
# 2x (4) Guild Trader
# 2x (5) Need for Greed
# 2x (5) Relic of Dimensions
# 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
#
AAECAZWrBAT39gON9wPQ+QOGkgUNwvEDifcDivcDxfkDyIAEtp8EtKAEr94EsN4EquIEheUEi5IFnaQFAA==
#

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
Decided to try 30 card thief rogue with the concoction cards and made legend with it earlier today. It feels like the faster version works better in this meta.

### Smol Rooster Rogue
# Class: Rogue
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 2x (1) Concoctor
# 2x (2) Ghoulish Alchemist
# 2x (2) Jackpot!
# 1x (2) Maestra of the Masquerade
# 2x (2) Potion Belt
# 1x (2) Potionmaster Putricide
# 2x (2) Reconnaissance
# 2x (2) Tooth of Nefarian
# 2x (3) Vile Apothecary
# 2x (4) Swiftscale Trickster
# 2x (5) Contraband Stash
# 1x (5) Queen Azshara
# 2x (5) Wildpaw Gnoll
# 1x (6) Crabatoa
# 1x (7) Tess Greymane
# 1x (8) Shadowcrafter Scabbs
#
AAECAdW+BQah+QP7igTYtgTbuQTooAWLpAUMvYAE958EuqQE+6UE7KcE+awE1bYE+fEE3aAF36AF4KAF56AFAA==
#

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
I never bothered with Gwent but the art looks incredible. Is it doable as f2p?

I mean, I assumed the signature cards at least had some incredible litch king / ice themed animation that went off when you played them.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 14, 2022

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Maybe? There were some Amazon Gaming giveaways a couple months back. I haven't gotten into it because I only really have the focus for one digital card game. Other bad news? They're sunsetting it next yearish. No idea how the new community model will work out for it, but it'll be interesting to watch.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I played a huge amount of Gwent when it was originally in beta and I still have a massive pile of its equivalent of dust, and I remember at the time it was very generous as a F2P game (as all non-HS card games had to be back then since they were chasing a very dominant market leader). I haven't checked in with it for a couple of years but it has all the modern trappings like seasonal events and some kind of battle pass, and from memory it also had a unique and permanent rewards track where you choose nodes to unlock in a huge web depending upon which faction you wanted to pursue.

The only thing I didn't like about it is that it uses its own launcher. Sometimes I think I'd probably still play it regularly if it was on Steam or something, but more likely it's just the inertia of getting back into a card game you haven't played for a long time. Hearthstone's highly streamlined design and extreme accessibility makes it easy to play casually, which has pretty much always been my approach because there's just not much there if you do choose to really invest in it. To me, it's never felt remotely as rewarding to play as games like Gwent or Pokemon, but you do have to put a bit more into those ones, so when I play them I tend to binge for a while and then take a break.

edit: too bad about its support situation, but then I guess no game lasts forever.

Kalko fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 14, 2022

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

BBB control DK mirror, I was the standard Renathal, he was 30 card Highlander Reno (???)

I Theotar stole his Mograine, generated one from a hematurge, and played my own natural one with Brann so he was taking 12 per turn

Chewed through something like 90 health that game

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I was scared DK was going to end up like early DH, in that it's stupidly overpowered. Instead it's a fun concept that is only pretty okay.

Of course this might just be Druid being completely oppressive over everything right now. What the gently caress have they been thinking?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Because Ramp Druid isn't really that much of a issue at higher ranks. There's plenty of aggro decks that kick its poo poo in, especially after the Denathrius nerf.

I'd argue Rogue's probably the real problem class right now

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Dec 14, 2022

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

At epic I have no clue, but lower than that I feel like Rogue can get some bullshit high rolls in but Druid is just really consistent even against most aggro since it can stabilize with all the armor gain it has access to now. The Denathrius nerf hasn't really done much outside of nerf his use in every other class.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

paid money to post posted:

I never bothered with Gwent but the art looks incredible. Is it doable as f2p?

I mean, I assumed the signature cards at least had some incredible litch king / ice themed animation that went off when you played them.
Gwent is ded. They announxed 2023 is the last year there will be new cards. Game has a really strange history, it had an open beta in 2017 that was wildly popular and is the version of the game most people tried but also tons of people quit after a month (I loved this version of the game). They fired the lead designer (who works on Hearthstone now) and in six months redid the game into what it is today and it's been very hard to get anyone interested in it.

If they release the standalone open beta client I would push it on everyone.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Because Ramp Druid isn't really that much of a issue at higher ranks. There's plenty of aggro decks that kick its poo poo in, especially after the Denathrius nerf.

I'd argue Rogue's probably the real problem class right now

leans in really close to the mic my brother have you seen bless Priest

Or the one that turns every card in your hand into a 4/4 and then spams infinite Mida

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I find that I really dislike this format. Everything’s either a turn five blowout where one player had absolutely zero chance, or an obnoxious slog where no one can stick a board and you can chew through 60 or 70 health and still not win. Every deck I queue into is like “Oh, hell, this thing.”

I really liked the Nathria format too. I have no idea how they screwed it up this badly.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

bravesword posted:

I find that I really dislike this format. Everything’s either a turn five blowout where one player had absolutely zero chance, or an obnoxious slog where no one can stick a board and you can chew through 60 or 70 health and still not win. Every deck I queue into is like “Oh, hell, this thing.”

I really liked the Nathria format too. I have no idea how they screwed it up this badly.

We’ll see more balance changes down the road. They’ve been really good at keeping a close eye on the meta without changing cards every day.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Wild Reno DK fucks. I have not had this much fun in a long time with this game.

### hahaha gently caress off
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Body Bagger
# 1x (1) Heart Strike
# 1x (1) Icy Touch
# 1x (1) Noxious Cadaver
# 1x (1) Sir Finley, Sea Guide
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Hematurge
# 1x (2) Obliterate
# 1x (2) Vampiric Blood
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Asphyxiate
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 1x (3) Chillfallen Baron
# 1x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (4) Death Strike
# 1x (5) Blood Boil
# 1x (5) Corpse Explosion
# 1x (5) Deathbringer Saurfang
# 1x (5) Spammy Arcanist
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
# 1x (7) Alexandros Mograine
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) Patchwerk
# 1x (7) The Curator
# 1x (8) Boneguard Commander
# 1x (8) Soulstealer
# 1x (9) Dragonqueen Alexstrasza
# 1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia
# 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
#
AAEBAfHhBCi5sgLfxAL8owORsQOPzgOW6AOm7wPQ+QOoigSljQSlrQTlsATHsgTp0ASW1ASY1ASa1AS42QT04wT84wT94wT+4wSJ5ASU5ASJ5gSx5gS05gSP7QSX7wSk7wSE9gSH9gSy9wSz9wS+9wS2+gSrgAWogQWimQXipAUAAA==
#

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Having fun with big spell mage right now. It's mostly unchanged, but the 8 mana summon 2 bigass taunts that can't be targeted makes a huge difference. Was actually able to beat a rogue who completely popped off through careful use of freezing and eventually overwhelming him with taunts every turn.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Almost certainly getting more balance changes next week, since the HS World Championship is this weekend and the Holidays are the following weekend. Will hopefully be slapping down rogue, priest and dh combos hard. The only reason they blasted hunter combo early was because it was already warping low rank brackets of play.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

fanny packrat posted:

In case anyone is playing this, I'm slowly figuring it out. Questline reward doesn't matter in most matchups, most of the time you can combo if you get discounts on spell damage and damage spells. Don't be afraid to use an All Fel Breaks Loose and some spell damage to handle early pressure (and usually get a full heal). Mark of Scorn is useful midgame to advance quest and maybe do some damage, but greeding it has been a mistake for me because inevitably the bottom of the deck is minion dense. Current list is below. It's fun, challenging (to me, an idiot), and it seems competitive.

### quest
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (1) Final Showdown
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Unleash Fel
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 1x (2) Mark of Scorn
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 2x (4) Guild Trader
# 2x (5) Need for Greed
# 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
#
AAECAZWrBAT39gON9wPQ+QOGkgUNwvEDifcDivcDxfkDyIAEtp8EtKAEr94EsN4EquIEheUEi5IFnaQFAA==
#

I'm romping through diamond with this deck. It's great fun.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

GTO posted:

I'm romping through diamond with this deck. It's great fun.

How are you doing against DR Rogues? I haven't played for a couple of days, but I'm thinking it might make sense to drop a viper for a starfish if there are still tons on ladder.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Not much you can do if they get the nuts and highroll their battlefield into invincible ghoul taunt walls, but they only have 30 life so stick to your game plan and turbo through your deck for the finisher

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Yeah basically that. It's usually over between T6-9.

You don't always need to drop the quest reward, sometimes you have enough damage if you draw the right cards.

The tradeable cards are important, you often get the quest reward then play it the next turn and have a few mana left to feng-shui your deck a bit by trading minions back in for a discount. Then you drop the minions and play all the spells on the following turn. You use the AoE and relic of extinction first so as much of the indirect damage hits the enemy.

You use your health as a resource, your minions should go face unless there is a very favourable trade, you have up to 2x full heals so just need to avoid a combo/burst lethal.

It's better to hold back low cost draw to make sure you hit the quest reward each turn you go for it, rather than draw a few each turn.

The furys can be played whenever, they're usually just to thin out your hand so you don't end up over drawing.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

fanny packrat posted:

### quest
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 1x (1) Final Showdown
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Unleash Fel
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 1x (2) Mark of Scorn
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 2x (4) Guild Trader
# 2x (5) Need for Greed
# 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
#
#

I am not good at this deck but it is hilarious

here is another deck that I am not good at but is hilarious. the original version I stole this from had commander sivara in place of kel'thuzad, but I don't have the former and do have the latter, so

### skelebolt
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Flurry (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Arcane Wyrm
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Shivering Sorceress
# 2x (2) Amplified Snowflurry
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Crooked Cook
# 2x (2) Frozen Touch
# 2x (3) Arcsplitter
# 2x (3) Frostweave Dungeoneer
# 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
# 2x (3) Nightcloak Sanctum
# 2x (4) Cold Case
# 1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp
# 1x (5) Aegwynn, the Guardian
# 2x (6) Deathborne
# 1x (8) Kel'Thuzad, the Inevitable
#
AAECAZirBASL5wOd7gOXoAS65AQN1OoD0uwDn5IEoZIE4aQE294E+uwE3e0EgpMFhJMFxZMFq5gFopkFAA==
#

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I love the Nozdormu quest so much. The rare games where I get matched with someone else who has it are the best and make me wish that was the normal Hearthstone turn timer.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

new VS report out: https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-249/

"Death Knight kinda sucks." Warrior is still in the dumpster. DR Rogue destroying everyone below legend, then it shifts to Quest DH and Bless Priest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
That's about what I thought. They're gonna have their work cut out for them balancing it between arena (62% winrate, literally the only class that can win consistently besides Paladin) and constructed (48% winrate, no good decks).