Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I don't understand the premium currency shop, I thought it was gonna rotate? the jacket was the only thing I wanted and the rest of these aquillas from the fancy preorder edition are burning a hole in my pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

There's a lot that wasn't ready for launch, I wouldn't be surprised if they had one set of premium cosmetics lined up and figured they'd add more post launch but timelines got pushed back and they've been working on finishing basic elements of the game post launch instead. I wouldn't mind new stuff to spend my aquilas on too but I think the backlash would be pretty harsh if they pushed out new stuff for the cash shop right now. Maybe after tomorrow's update?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Ok I cheesed the stupid sharpshooter penance. IPCONFIG /release /renew is the way to go, lets you reconnect basically instantly - gently caress that penance forever.

Buschmaki posted:

I dont see what's so hard, just click on the dudes and dont accidentally not click on them

Then your big ogryn gets in the way of 1 shot or someone kills the thing you were shooting at right as you fire :mad: Or you could shoot to save your teammate but you might miss so you don't, or you're suppressed even though nothing is shooting at you (or reaper is shooting through floor or something) and your shot goes wide for no reason etc

These penances are some of the worst designed poo poo Ive ever seen in a team coop game! Maybe a good one would have been "kill 5+ elites within 2 seconds on HEresy" or something because that one is actually doable and its fun, mow down a big group of guys with the bolter or railgun some fools with the plasma!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Staying in coherency for the whole mission was a lot of fun as 2 ogryns with wider coherency radius.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Then your big ogryn gets in the way of 1 shot

I've learned that if you're playing a ranged character >50% of the game is just ogryn rear end.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Jerkface posted:

Ok I cheesed the stupid sharpshooter penance. IPCONFIG /release /renew is the way to go, lets you reconnect basically instantly - gently caress that penance forever.

Then your big ogryn gets in the way of 1 shot or someone kills the thing you were shooting at right as you fire :mad: Or you could shoot to save your teammate but you might miss so you don't, or you're suppressed even though nothing is shooting at you (or reaper is shooting through floor or something) and your shot goes wide for no reason etc

These penances are some of the worst designed poo poo Ive ever seen in a team coop game! Maybe a good one would have been "kill 5+ elites within 2 seconds on HEresy" or something because that one is actually doable and its fun, mow down a big group of guys with the bolter or railgun some fools with the plasma!

So how do you cheese that one? Shoot all but one bullet away and then dc/reconnect and hit the last one?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Staying in coherency for the whole mission was a lot of fun as 2 ogryns with wider coherency radius.

Yeah I thing you and I cheese that one that way. Very slowly marching through the Throneside map

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Is there a list of stuff they're patching tomorrow or do we not know yet?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

WarpedLichen posted:

So how do you cheese that one? Shoot all but one bullet away and then dc/reconnect and hit the last one?

Yea, I played normally until the very end of mission then mag dumped (into enemies ofc) down to 1 shot and reconnected. When I did it I was using bolter and actually had 3 shots left on the train heist mission and shot 3 zombies on the bridge to extraction when I reconnected.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

field balm posted:

Is there a list of stuff they're patching tomorrow or do we not know yet?

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1361210/view/3634998253133702266

quote:

In today’s update, we want to address a few questions from the community, as well as talk about what’s to come in our next community update on Wednesday, December 14.

More Weapons
One of the key things you pointed out to us was a desire for more weapons. We had planned to offer more weapons at launch, and are taking the first few steps in this direction by adding the following:
Indignatus Mk IVe Crusher
Achlys Mk I Power Maul

Commodore’s Vestures (In-Game Store)
We heard your feedback on the store loud and clear, and we are making adjustments to how Aquilas are packaged. We are working on adding an 2,400 Aquilas pack to the store, which will arrive next week. We will also add a 100 Aquilas pack within the next few weeks, allowing players to buy smaller fractions of Aquilas. In addition, we are also going to change other functionalities of the store over time.

Crafting System
In our next content update, we will add the “Refine Item” functionality to our crafting system. This functionality will allow you to replace one Perk on a Curio or a Weapon. The same Perk slot can be replaced multiple times, but will block replacing other perks on the same item. This is the next step in building out our crafting system.

Private Play (and Solo)
Starting next week, with 2 or more players in the strike team, players will be able to opt into playing privately via the mission board. This will prevent players who are not friends of a strike team member from hot joining the squad during a mission in progress.

If the squad is all disconnected and a player is left alone when the reservation time expires, the mission will become public.

As for Solo Mode, we are actively working on it. While it technically could work now, we are not happy with its state yet, and we want to ensure the solo experience lives up to your expectations. Right now, it does not, and we would do the game a disservice by implementing it.

Emotes
Many players have asked us for more interesting ways to interact with people in the Mourningstar. Near term, we will be introducing the ability for your characters to use an emote in the hub. Players will be able to customize this emote wheel in the cosmetics menu for their character.

Okay, but a “For the Emperor!” button…
While we don’t have a “For the Emperor!” emote yet, we’re most certainly asking the team about it. You know, For the Emperor.

Progression Siloing and Shared Ordo Dockets
Since launch, we’ve seen feedback from many players requesting shared progression across characters to ensure a smoother progression loop. Our designers are taking this feedback seriously and are discussing how to best implement a solution that meets our players' desires and gameplay goals while also striking a balance with the game’s design intent. This is a sizable endeavor, and its feasibility is still unknown, we hope to be able to share more information on its progress at a later time.

Penances
We’ve been working closely with our community support team on how you all feel about penances in the game, and some of the pain points surrounding them. There’s been a lot of feedback to pore through, but we’ve found there’s a disconnect between how we phrase the requirements of some penances and the criteria to achieve them, making them more frustrating for players than we intended. Based on the feedback received from the support team, we’re currently working through solutions to make penances smoother and more enjoyable for players.

This is far from everything - We will have a full list of patch notes and some more updates for you next week!

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Mendrian posted:

I like darkmass.gg but I really wish it would show me movesets for each weapon. I'm not 14 anymore, I can't memorize attack patterns on weapons when the only textual difference is Mk1 and Mk2.

It's deeply amusing that they went out of their way to show general attack patterns with icons, and then like half the time they're totally wrong.

Also, yes, the "MkII" names are hilariously stupid. They didn't even bother giving them all different nicknames, there are three different swords but they're all called "Devil's Claw"

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Yeah, using brief nicknames or descriptors would've been much better than numbers in Roman numeral. How did no one look at the list and think "this seems confusing and unnecessary"

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Floppychop posted:

I've learned that if you're playing a ranged character >50% of the game is just ogryn rear end.

a.. ranged character??

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

a.. ranged character??

eg: psyker or veteran

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Jerkface posted:

Yea, I played normally until the very end of mission then mag dumped (into enemies ofc) down to 1 shot and reconnected. When I did it I was using bolter and actually had 3 shots left on the train heist mission and shot 3 zombies on the bridge to extraction when I reconnected.

I’m going to piss my friend group off tonight trying this.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

big cummers ONLY posted:

Yeah, using brief nicknames or descriptors would've been much better than numbers in Roman numeral. How did no one look at the list and think "this seems confusing and unnecessary"

On one hand thats hilariously Imperium. On the other hand let's have sensible naming systems

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

big cummers ONLY posted:

Vermintide 2 mod where everything is just different Marks of spear and sword.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
How do you track progress on contracts? I've only had one complete successfully :argh:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Capn Beeb posted:

How do you track progress on contracts? I've only had one complete successfully :argh:

You dont, its random whether something counts or not.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Finally got Untouchable to pop after several times where it just didn't register and many more obnoxious close calls (e.g. someone picked up a grim or blew up a barrel by me). I love my little deeply suspect "I-swear-it's-not-a-Reichsadler" keychain.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I love my little deeply suspect "I-swear-it's-not-a-Reichsadler" keychain.

comrade corcus
Apr 23, 2013

Fishstick posted:

Am I missing something or are these basically the same trait just with slightly different values

Decimator only stacks while you continue to hit, so if you miss one attack all the stacks fall off.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

big cummers ONLY posted:

Outside of the moment to moment combat, which is sublime, the whole of all the other game systems makes me think "How did no one look at this and think "this seems confusing and unnecessary""

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm never ever going to remember the difference between VI and IV

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Memnaelar posted:

It is so strange that the devs get so much right and wrong all at once. The levels are just crazy-beautiful designs, some of the best realizations of 40k I've ever encountered. I don't get how those same devs would make such boring cosmetic options -- the least flattering take is that the only good-looking ones are, of course, pay shop options. :P

The Fatshark experience is staring wide eyed at a patch note that explains that something fundamental about the game was literally not enabled after spending 8 hours straight turning fleshy enemies into a bloody pulp and having an incredible time doing it

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i like that if you die in the big open yard with the overhead bridge section in the repair mission, you initially respawn at the control room above it, but as soon as your team gets nearer you get teleported to the loving event room and have to sit out for like 10 minutes.

edit: my top tip for weapon variants is to look at the actual paint colour on the weapon. so far it seems to be

greenish paint -> balanced stats
brown paint -> high damage / slower attack
blue paint -> low damage / fast attack

any of the weapons with multiple variants seem to follow this pattern. although w the catachan devil swords they dont have any paint on em so youre hosed there

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Dec 14, 2022

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Floppychop posted:

Hands-down the absolute biggest difficulty increase in this entire game is having an ogryn in your team who isn't fully aware of this and being careful about their positioning. I did a mission earlier with an Ogryn who just loved to run directly through teammates who were shooting. Never to the side, never going around them, always just running right through them. I dread Ogryns on my team because the 50% of them that are bad are the hardest enemies in the game because you do literally no damage to them but all of your bullets hit them. I would kill for a curio that increased friendly fire damage and let me punish them for it.

The only thing worse than an Ogryn is an Ogryn with a shield.

e: Ogryn is very fun to play and has IMO the strongest melee weapon in the game but oh my god when they're bad they're bad

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 14, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Agreed, a bad Ogryn is almost as bad as a bad Veteran

:smug:

(This has happened to me when there's another Ogryn in the party as well, it's definitely annoying)

S.J. fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 14, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Maybe you were in their way :shrug:

If I have a shield I'm using it to swat huge swaths of enemies away from everybody in the group so you can shoot without getting attacked and if you're between me and a horde then stop shooting for like .5 seconds and let me through then continue firing, you have like 700 bullets

Definitely not arguing that there are terrible Ogryns who suck complete rear end though. Just saying sometimes i might have to walk through you because there's nowhere else to go and I'm big!

explosivo fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 14, 2022

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

hadron... hello

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

I discovered Darktide thanks to this thread and am loving it so far! It's a little janky at times but the gameplay loop is crazy addictive. Already leveled a veteran to 30 and am working on the other classes.

Here's a question that I'm grappling with: in low level games (both in mission difficulty and character level) when someone activates a deamonhost, should you help them fight it even if you know the team can't kill it before it gets two people?

Had a game earlier today with my level 6 Ogryn where one of the players in a pub team was berating the rest of the players for not helping him fight a deamonhost. When I told them that the best option was for the other players to run as we'd only build corruption fighting it he claimed, "You're not even trying!" The highest level player was me so theres no way any of us had good weapons, and he had already died seconds after shooting the deamonhost. He then rage quit shortly after even though we were running to rescue him after he respawned. Was it a dick move to keep going? :psyduck:

Chip McFuck fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 14, 2022

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Vet and Ogryn have the biggest range of usefulness in terms of pub teammates. If you have a really good vet and a really good ogryn you're gonna win almost no matter what. While trying to figure out what heresy mission im missing (6/7 :argh:) I queued up a bunch and kept getting the same ogryn on my team as he was farming mats. We basically 2 manned heresy, heresy with more enemies, etc very easily because we knew what we were doing.

Also just had a really nice run with 3 vets on heresy and after some early mishaps due to bots and a player loading in during a gigantic wave we cruised from the repair room hacking all the way to the end. I think we did the final coolant rods section in like 3 minutes? They knew to toss the rods up onto the platforms which a lot of ppl dont seem to know (you can also catch throwable objects too midair!)

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Chip McFuck posted:

Here's a question that I'm grappling with: in low level games (both in mission difficulty and character level) when someone activates a deamonhost, should you help them fight it even if you know the team can't kill it before it gets two people?

Had a game earlier today with my level 6 Ogryn. where one of the players in a pub team was berating the rest of the players for not helping him fight a deamonhost. When I told them that the best option was for the other players to run as we'd only build corruption fighting it he claimed, "You're not even trying!" The highest level player was me so theres no way any of us had good weapons, and he had already died seconds after shooting the deamonhost. He then rage quit shortly after even though we were running to rescue him :psyduck:

If I know we can't pass the damage check because of low levels/simultaneous horde/people playing like poo poo, I'll run and tell everyone to run.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Jerkface posted:

Vet and Ogryn have the biggest range of usefulness in terms of pub teammates. If you have a really good vet and a really good ogryn you're gonna win almost no matter what. While trying to figure out what heresy mission im missing (6/7 :argh:) I queued up a bunch and kept getting the same ogryn on my team as he was farming mats. We basically 2 manned heresy, heresy with more enemies, etc very easily because we knew what we were doing.

Also just had a really nice run with 3 vets on heresy and after some early mishaps due to bots and a player loading in during a gigantic wave we cruised from the repair room hacking all the way to the end. I think we did the final coolant rods section in like 3 minutes? They knew to toss the rods up onto the platforms which a lot of ppl dont seem to know (you can also catch throwable objects too midair!)

i like being an ogryn bc i feel like a decent ogryn adds a lot to teams. most ogryns dont seem to know that they can revive without getting interrupted, or that they can carry the objective items without being slowed. i completed the coolant rod event entirely myself during the time the rest of my squad was fighting the first horde spawn. we were in and out in like 2 minutes, and most of that was the mandatory wait period

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Chip McFuck posted:

I discovered Darktide thanks to this thread and am loving it so far! It's a little janky at times but the gameplay loop is crazy addictive. Already leveled a veteran to 30 and am working on the other classes.

Had a game earlier today with my level 6 Ogryn where one of the players in a pub team was berating the rest of the players for not helping him fight a deamonhost. When I told them that the best option was for the other players to run as we'd only build corruption fighting it he claimed, "You're not even trying!" The highest level player was me so theres no way any of us had good weapons, and he had already died seconds after shooting the deamonhost. He then rage quit shortly after even though we were running to rescue him after he respawned. Was it a dick move to keep going? :psyduck:

No, just let them die. You're just wasting resources and time if you know you can't kill it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Time for me to try out a new class. Which weapons would you guys recommend for a low-level Zealot?

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Is this a good slashy stabber for my big boy? I'm level 24 right now. Mostly have used shield but haven't gotten a shield upgrade in a long time.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Yeah, that's the cleaver with the good wide cleaving swings and Confident Strike is great for getting toughness back on spamming light hits

S.J.
May 19, 2008

withoutclass posted:

Is this a good slashy stabber for my big boy? I'm level 24 right now. Mostly have used shield but haven't gotten a shield upgrade in a long time.

This is literally the only good Ogryn cleaver, but holy poo poo is it good. The blessing is fine enough, you'll replace it fairly quickly one way or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

One of the two different Krourk cleavers has two heavy attacks that cleave, which would be kind of interesting, but I haven't found one I like to test with.