Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

susan b buffering posted:

the mini-plot twist in this is really well executed lol

Kevin Perjurer does a really good job with his videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Coasterphreak posted:

Seconded, Defunctland and it’s side shows are 100 percent worth a watch. Perjurer takes his time and it’s goddamn worth it

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Coasterphreak posted:

Amen

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He was able to do a half-hour documentary on a log flume in Pennsylvania:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK3Yr80lPOY

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

"Garfield knows all of our sins"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Read After Burning posted:

There's also these, which is some of the worst substance that has ever touched my tastebuds.

Oh gently caress. Goddamned Buzzballs. I got a story about these loving sad little cocktail grenades.

So my brother and I are in Vegas, as one does in your early-mid 20s and wasting your life away.

We wanderer into a loving pharmacy and saw these frathouse tennis balls sitting there, and thus, we formed a plan.

We each would individually walk into a liquor store and purchase one. Then we would go back to the hotel, and swap. Then we would chug them. Whoever finished theirs last would be forced to go buy a 2nd one and chug it.

So, we get back to the hotel. My brother reaches into his brown paper bag and pulled out the peach flavour and said "Bunny, you are my brother. I love you, I didn't want to hurt you, and I know it's very hard to gently caress up peach flavour"

So I reach into my bag and pulled out a peach one and went "Yeah....same" because I know that it is very very loving easy to gently caress up artificial peach flavour.

So, we crack them, and get the unmistakable scent of fuzzy peach gummies, marinated in urine. We take our sips, and my brother immediately started dry heaving. I say this not with pride, but the deepest shame upon my soul, I knocked mine back without a blink in my eye, and stood there watching my brother in agony, and forced him to finish it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yea peach 4 loko is also bad

do not spill it or you'll be smelling that peach for a while

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My only experience with Buzz Balls is the time I went to the liquor store and they wouldn't let me use a card for purchases under $15, so I grabbed two of them.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I thought they were cocktail-scented candles for a long time.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

once you've had the fruit flavored ones you can graduate

love me some orange wine and cream

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

bawk posted:

That’s too big/awkward to throw, hard pass :colbert:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1600906581637414912

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Sounds like they grinched it. "I'll fix it up there and bring it back here."

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Nah it’s an entirely new ride except for the bits they kept, it had simply reached the end of its service life.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

I love peach Sprite (it makes me feel like Riff Raff! :colbert:), while my partner says it's one of the nastiest, fakest things he's ever tasted. Even the smell makes him retch.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I thought they were cocktail-scented candles for a long time.

A wax candle genuinely would taste better than this poo poo, it is VILE.

bawk posted:

:barf:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

bawk posted:

I can only read the "enjoy responsibly" as heavy sarcasm.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Icon Of Sin posted:

That’s too big/awkward to throw, hard pass :colbert:

If Adam We can do it, so can you

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Read After Burning posted:

it makes me feel like Riff Raff! :colbert:

This perplexed me, because I only know Riff Raff from Rocky Horror Picture Show. So I did an image search, and was going to post a picture of him and ask, This guy?

But the entire first like fifty images are not of my Riff Raff, they're of this guy!

This guy?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

credburn posted:

This perplexed me, because I only know Riff Raff from Rocky Horror Picture Show. So I did an image search, and was going to post a picture of him and ask, This guy?

But the entire first like fifty images are not of my Riff Raff, they're of this guy!

This guy?

Yep, AKA The Neon Icon, AKA Jody Highroller, AKA Dale Dan Tony with the million-dollar mullet. :colbert:

(If you've seen that Spring Breakers movie with Selena Gomez, James Franco's character was based on him. He's a loving weirdo, but I like his older music.)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
someone's selling the Disney Coke spheres for $20:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Parks-Coca-Cola-Coke-Star-Wars-Galaxy-Edge-13-5-Bottle-Thermal-Detonator/178491776

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlDG0_7GuAM&t=330s

Opendoor/Redfin allegedly circling the drain.

The video does cover the fact that, houses might not be getting that much cheaper yet near you (they certainly aren't near me) because it apparently takes a long time for the housing market to collapse.

Cool I'll be looking forward to maybe being able to afford a home in 4-5 years.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Just enough time to get a decent new job!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That is one of the frustrations is that I'm actually above median income for people who work at companies based where I live and still cannot afford a house, in part because the housing market is global now and not local. I'm definitely looking for remote positions in other states to compete but I wish I didn't have to do that.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Low COL generally coincides with not being super safe for a transwoman, so I am stuck paying way tf too much for rent for a while

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Haha I see Apple users now have to pay $11 a month to edit their Twitter posts. And if you pay that, you get a big blue checkmark that -- indicates you're a shill for Musk, I guess?

I see Big Things in Twitter's future!

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

credburn posted:

Haha I see Apple users now have to pay $11 a month to edit their Twitter posts. And if you pay that, you get a big blue checkmark that -- indicates you're a shill for Musk, I guess?

I see Big Things in Twitter's future!

Apple users can sign up on the Twitter site for $8, I think. It’s just $11 through the app. I have to imagine it’s similar for Google Play.

A journalist I follow’s Checkmark has been changed to “legacy checkmark, may or may not be notable.” So I guess that’s what you get for not paying the Musk tax.

Speaking of Musk’s management skillz…Tesla’s stock movement yesterday compared to other automakers. Ouch.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

If true, that sounds like a death knell ringing. I remember another right wing fb knockoff (TeaPartyCommunity) that had a goon troll problem and they did the same trick. Spoiler: it didn’t end well!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1602663271911358466

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
TeaPartyCommunity was great because the son of one of its creators regged accounts to defend his parents honor.

Lowtax made atleast 10$ off that wesbite.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Some farseeing employee did this preemptively to stall Elon’s “git push —force”

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

Krispy Wafer posted:

Apple users can sign up on the Twitter site for $8, I think. It’s just $11 through the app. I have to imagine it’s similar for Google Play.

A journalist I follow’s Checkmark has been changed to “legacy checkmark, may or may not be notable.” So I guess that’s what you get for not paying the Musk tax.

Speaking of Musk’s management skillz…Tesla’s stock movement yesterday compared to other automakers. Ouch.

I recall Tesla's clearly absurdly overvalued compared to other car manufacturers. There's a lot of talk about the 'trust thermocline', the point where user trust and investment suddenly collapses at a seeming innocuous time as a result of years of built up frustration and dissatisfaction. I'm almost certain the same thing has happened with the stock market many, many times.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Tesla's stock price is entirely tied to Elon's reputation, and he's done some damage to that recently.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I recall Tesla's clearly absurdly overvalued compared to other car manufacturers. There's a lot of talk about the 'trust thermocline', the point where user trust and investment suddenly collapses at a seeming innocuous time as a result of years of built up frustration and dissatisfaction. I'm almost certain the same thing has happened with the stock market many, many times.

Yeah. Tesla doesn't just sell cars, they also sell the dream of those cars eventually being self driving. That dream shrivels if everyone realizes Musk is a goddamn moron.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You can just compare Tesla valuation versus car sales to Chevy or Toyota, and Tesla's value is like 100x higher for every car sold. It makes no sense by any objective measurement.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent/alive/sane, etc etc, but yeah. When poo poo goes bad for them it's going to go bad fast.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent/alive/sane, etc etc, but yeah. When poo poo goes bad for them it's going to go bad fast.

The market seems more rational if you inhale solvents.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Blue Footed Booby posted:

The market seems more rational if you inhale solvents.

market solutions

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

hawowanlawow posted:

yea peach 4 loko is also bad

My friends and I decided since Massachusetts was banning the original run of 4loko, to pick up and try some. I took one sip and it was the most disgusting, syrupy beverage I ever had. I put it down and a swarm of yellow jackets enveloped it, like the heavens were blocking me from taking another sip.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

pentyne posted:

You can just compare Tesla valuation versus car sales to Chevy or Toyota, and Tesla's value is like 100x higher for every car sold. It makes no sense by any objective measurement.

I still regret not getting in when shares were thirty bucks a pop tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/dansolomon/status/1602793664916426754