Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Thanks Ants posted:

Seidl also has history with the Audi group and the chance to return to Germany probably appealed as well

Oh for sure, and it (officially) seems Siedl was offered Audi over summer so probably even if this Ferrari thing is true would likely already have been signed, but it is still hilarious to think that you could be headhunted by the most storied and one of the best resourced, (theoretically) in the race for the championship this year F1 teams and be like 'lol nope' and do a 180 to go build up a currently mid-tier-at-best team because gently caress that whole working environment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Thanks Ants posted:

Seidl also has history with the Audi group and the chance to return to Germany probably appealed as well

as soon as VW started making noises about entering F1 my immediate thought was that every team who picked up key staff from their LMP/WRC programs should be very worried

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Pirate Radar posted:

Then when a bad call leads to a crash that puts Leclerc’s eye out, people will ask who did it to him, and he’ll have to say “No one! No one pit me on the wrong lap! No one picked the wrong tire strategy!”

Not a reference I expected in this, the so-claimed worst thread.

Keep Leclerc away from the wine and tell him not to trust Greeks?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

Seidl also has history with the Audi group and the chance to return to a team that isn't dogshit probably appealed as well

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

The Audi master plan is coming together

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

MustardFacial posted:

The Audi master plan is coming together

Das Plan

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Watch them bring in Allen McNish for Team Principal

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Red Warrior posted:

As always take with a big grain of salt but apparently stories going around in the Italian press that the Ferrari job was first offered to Siedl and he turned down that poison chalice lol.

seidl actually knows what he's doing, yes.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Edit: Nevermind, I was whining about the BBC's journalism, but I was actually the one being an idiot (because I am dumb).

marshalljim fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 13, 2022

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005
Kinda surprised Seidle was able to shop around so much given how dogshit Mclaren were

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Everybody knows how good they're going to be in 2023, and want the guy who masterminded the comeback

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Immolat1on posted:

Kinda surprised Seidle was able to shop around so much given how dogshit Mclaren were

His Porsche tenure/experience is what people want, I'm sure everyone knows McLaren are dogshit and look past that.

as a mclaren fan, i weep

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Appreciate Mclaren sticking with a nearly identical name so that I can remember who their team principle is.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

big zac should have just doubled up. the more zac the better.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

big zac should have just doubled up. the more zac the better.

Billy Joel knew: hes trading in his chevy for a caddy zac zac zac zac zac zac

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

big zac should have just doubled up.

kinda looks like he does every time he goes to a Wendys

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Max Verstappen candid in exclusive interview: 'My kids may race, but I would handle it differently than my father and I did at the time'

I'll leave the jokes up to you guys.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Custard Undies posted:

Max Verstappen candid in exclusive interview: 'My kids may race, but I would handle it differently than my father and I did at the time'

I'll leave the jokes up to you guys.

He'll abandon them at an EV charging station instead of a gas station.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GramCracker posted:

His Porsche tenure/experience is what people want, I'm sure everyone knows McLaren are dogshit and look past that.

as a mclaren fan, i weep

The wild thing is McLaren have improved since Seidl joined :psyduck:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Big Fred gonna whip the Scud into shape like Gros Toad did. Good time to be a Scud Stud imo. Grazie regazzi #ForzaFerrari #EssereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Charles Leclerc posted:

Big Fred gonna whip the Scud into shape like Gros Toad did. Good time to be a Scud Stud imo. Grazie regazzi #ForzaFerrari #EssereFerrari

The Scud will be unstoppable in 2023. I'm already preparing my celebrations op.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Scud will be unstoppable in 2023. I'm already preparing my celebrations op.

I hope Sainz is spending the offseason watching the F1TV archives to learn from Barichello on how to defend Charles' 45 second lead at each race.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'm getting prepared to be in a position where I - reluctantly - gotta hand it to them in 2023. The Scud will rise!

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Over here building the Audi hype train.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"Audi's cars are bad" - me looking at a bunch of Audis

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The coolest thing about Andrea Stella is that you know there's a 99% chance Ferrari offered him the team principal job and he turned it down

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Charles Leclerc posted:

In bocca al lupo

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I literally forgot about f1 for a few weeks and I was pretty happy

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I haven't f1d in over a month, and I smell fine.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Carefully lining up several lines of cocaine on the dash of my 2003 Toyota Corolla S to go full Tony every time Scuderia Ferrari will win in 2023 (Hearing this will be so much it will be embarrassing for other teams)

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ferrari are going to win every race in 2023 except for Monaco because their car will be too long to go fast there but it won’t matter

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

italian quid posted:

Carefully lining up several lines of cocaine on the dash of my 2003 Toyota Corolla S to go full Tony every time Scuderia Ferrari will win in 2023 (Hearing this will be so much it will be embarrassing for other teams)

Church bells in Maranello

Rails in an old Toyota somewhere in Canada

We all celebrate in our own way

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I honestly feel bad for fans of every other team because they're gonna have to watch Ferrari win 22 races next year.

I'll love it, but I imagine everyone else will hate it.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/status/1603347381512183809

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1603345058509398016

Well that escalated quickly

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
He's speedrunning his dad's career without the titles.

Don't go skiing mick :ohdear:

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Sending him off to go wreck a bunch of Mercedes cars is the smartest bit of strategy ferrari has done in years

rpop
Dec 17, 2003

noveo@ace

Feels Villeneuve posted:

"Audi's cars are bad" - me looking at a bunch of Audis

I like the way the headlights on Audis blink when they power on. I'm sure this will translate into Formula 1 success.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd rather he gets to smash into other racers than Russell

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Nicolas Todt to Mercedes and Mick moves to full time driver when Lewis retires, for a late 2020s Schumacherreich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

rpop posted:

I like the way the headlights on Audis blink when they power on. I'm sure this will translate into Formula 1 success.

Gonna be great when they rock up with a Turbodiesel