Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hmm. I've never seen board glitch issues.

I've run the numbers and it turns out that the problem is, as always, Pennsylvania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

shyduck posted:

I watch less hockey now than ever before because the ads give me a headache. gently caress me I guess

Not me, but I can see how they could cause this because of the lack of natural motion blur. Should be fixable if they cared enough.

But also, gently caress the animations. They should not be allowed.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
They are noticeable and they suck. I feel like in the early going they kept the animations to when teams had possession in the defensive zone on a PP or whatever. But I've seen them do animations now with possession in the offensive zone and it's definitely distracting. Saying nothing of the glitches.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Some arenas are worse than others due to the camera angle but I don't understand people who say they don't notice them. A bunch of them are animated during play, they always glitch out when the bench door is open, and they glitch out on board battles behind the net maybe half of the time.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
It's a faked focus group to give Gary the answer he already was going to report. Hth.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

BOOOOOOOO

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If they were static I wouldn’t care but when they’re animated it loving sucks rear end.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I will say that it was very jarring to be watching the broadcast on Sportsnet of the Minnesota vs Dallas game from the other week and seeing the Minnesota Wild logo superimposed all over the place on the Dallas home rink boards.

crazy stat that I had no idea about :

https://twitter.com/JeffVeillette/status/1602692407790899201

The Ducks only have 1 win this season in regulation? what the hell? how is that even possible

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I really don't notice them glitch out as often as Brett Kulak does so maybe that's why I don't mind them.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Starsfan posted:

I will say that it was very jarring to be watching the broadcast on Sportsnet of the Minnesota vs Dallas game from the other week and seeing the Minnesota Wild logo superimposed all over the place on the Dallas home rink boards.

The Ducks only have 1 win this season in regulation? what the hell? how is that even possible

Dallas Eakins

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
How many former Leafs do the Ducks have, and what's the record for most players on a team with a hat trick in a game?

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

If they were static I wouldn’t care but when they’re animated it loving sucks rear end.

The static ones are worse because of the lack of motion blur. At least with the animated ones there's so much noise on the screen is difficult to focus on any one thing that's wrong with the picture.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

RIP this summer's free agents who were hoping to get super paid:

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/1602708808085774337

Wow, that's like adding a Curtis Lazar to your team for free!

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Starsfan posted:

(in the same voice as ~the Aristocrats~)

~the Rangers~

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

mcmagic posted:

I hope they think they have a real opportunity this season and add to the team.

Depends on what the asks are, they shouldn't even think about moving Casey/Nemec/Luke Hughes and I'm hesitant to give up on Holtz given his AHL production.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Starsfan posted:

At what point does tanking turn into match fixing? someone arrest Dallas Eakins :negative:

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

QuasiQuack posted:

At what point does tanking turn into match fixing? someone arrest Dallas Eakins :negative:

The funny part is they do seem to be trying to win games, they're just stupid bad at defense and shot stopping. It's incredible just how bad they've gone. It's Arizona Coyotes bad.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

QuasiQuack posted:

Match fixing only works if you can get someone to think the team is actually supposed to win.

No one is betting on the ducks to win outside of someone hoping for a long shot.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Jhet posted:

The funny part is they do seem to be trying to win games, they're just stupid bad at defense and shot stopping. It's incredible just how bad they've gone. It's Arizona Coyotes bad.

At 5v5 - Columbus, San Jose, Los Angeles, Montreal, Buffalo, and Vancouver all sport worse sv% than Anaheim and Arizona ascending from .893 to .907. Then you hit the Yotes before Calgary and then Anaheim. In all situations you have: Los Angeles, Vancouver, San Jose, Seattle, St. Louis, Buffalo, and Columbus before reaching Anaheim. Range starts at .877 ending at .889 (Anaheim). Yotes land 14th worst at .897.

Point being don't insult Arizona's bottom mid-table goaltending like that. Now the rest of that whole....on ice thing.....yikes it's bad yes. For both Arizona and Anaheim. Bottom of the league bad in fact. It appears there are 2 distinct groups of 'very bad' this year with Anaheim/Arizona and Chicago all posting 40% xG splits...then a clump of Philadelphia, Vancouver, Columbus, Detroit, and Montreal next all hovering around 45% xG.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

Jhet posted:

They lost to the Sens last night, but in the process injured 2 of the Sens' top-9 forwards, including Stutzle potentially long-term.

So maybe bet on the worst possible outcome tonight - let's say a 6-2 win, with a season-ending injury to Nylander.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

kill me now posted:

No one is betting on the ducks to win outside of someone hoping for a long shot.

I am, in fact, betting on the Ducks to win, because Maple Leafs gonna Maple Leafs baybee

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Didn't the Leafs already lose to Anaheim once already this year? It was like their last loss before this current hot streak.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Jagged Jim posted:

Didn't the Leafs already lose to Anaheim once already this year? It was like their last loss before this current hot streak.

They lost 4-3 in OT to end a horrible west coast trip where they went 0-2-2 against the Cali teams & Vegas. Since then they are 14-1-4.

But yeah, all of Leafs history suggests that this is a guaranteed Anaheim win.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Sounds like Caufield is doing okay and will be in Wednesdays lineup. Concussion protocol basically as the trainer apparently came and got him off the bench and brought him to the locker room and that was the end of his night.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

rex rabidorum vires posted:

At 5v5 - Columbus, San Jose, Los Angeles, Montreal, Buffalo, and Vancouver all sport worse sv% than Anaheim and Arizona ascending from .893 to .907. Then you hit the Yotes before Calgary and then Anaheim. In all situations you have: Los Angeles, Vancouver, San Jose, Seattle, St. Louis, Buffalo, and Columbus before reaching Anaheim. Range starts at .877 ending at .889 (Anaheim). Yotes land 14th worst at .897.

Point being don't insult Arizona's bottom mid-table goaltending like that. Now the rest of that whole....on ice thing.....yikes it's bad yes. For both Arizona and Anaheim. Bottom of the league bad in fact. It appears there are 2 distinct groups of 'very bad' this year with Anaheim/Arizona and Chicago all posting 40% xG splits...then a clump of Philadelphia, Vancouver, Columbus, Detroit, and Montreal next all hovering around 45% xG.

Haha. I was speaking collectively, but this makes :thejoke: even better.

Anaheim is somehow just abysmal and there’s not really a thing you can point to and say beyond “well they’re really young, maybe they’ll get better”. In just a few years they dove off deep into a rebuild and look like they’ll be there for a couple more. Maybe they’ll be the surprise in 2026 like the Devils were this year.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Kale posted:

Sounds like Caufield is doing okay and will be in Wednesdays lineup. Concussion protocol basically as the trainer apparently came and got him off the bench and brought him to the locker room and that was the end of his night.

That's good to hear and the right decision. Why risk anything?

Also, it's pretty bullshit that we don't get a MTL-BOS game until January 24th. I've been itching for it since preseason :mad:

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

neoaxd posted:

That's good to hear and the right decision. Why risk anything?

Also, it's pretty bullshit that we don't get a MTL-BOS game until January 24th. I've been itching for it since preseason :mad:

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing Boston annihilate them too

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing Boston annihilate them too

Probably, yeah, but it's the closest thing I'll likely have to anything feeling Big And Important this season since Montreal making the playoffs is a delusional fantasy. Sure there's some hype for games against Toronto but a Bruins game? That's the real poo poo.
I'm legitimately excited about how unbeatable the Bruins look this season. Because... what if...

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I would like Montreal to be better because for the past few years it barely registers as a rivalry to me anymore. There's no one on the Habs that bothers me, and in fact I actively like some of their players (mostly Suzuki and Caufield) and this needs to be rectified.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Same. The rivalry was so good in the early 2010's, I miss that.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

The 2014 series was some of the best hockey I've ever seen. Simply amazing. I'll never forget this INSANE pop from the crowd:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZVFlKJPyLI

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/amandacstein/status/1602807999868932096

I like Smith out for Bahl.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1602797178472337411

feels like it's probably inevitable that they'll go to 20/32 with a 3 game play-in even if Bettman seems to be against it

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
This doesnt address the lovely divisional format either.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Starsfan posted:

I had to look this up, because I thought, surely this can't be correct.

It's weird, because I am pretty sure last season, I said Anaheim is a great young team on the rise. Zegras, Terry, McTavish and Drysdale. But, it looks like went from one of the best young goalies in the league to one of the worst goalies. Unsure what happened there.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Personally I think that Gibson is better than his numbers from the past few years. That team is godawful and he gets shelled every night, he's routinely having to see 40-50 pucks a game. So yea, he's at a sub .900 SV% right now, but on the other hand he has more saves than any other goalie in the NHL. Look at this last 7 starts, for example. In two of those game he got destroyed. Like, sub .800 SV%. In the other five his worst sv% was .918, and the Ducks only won two of those games. On most teams, that kind of goaltending gets you a win. Of course you can't pin all of it on the team, but I don't really buy that it's all on him either.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

T-Bone posted:

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1602797178472337411

feels like it's probably inevitable that they'll go to 20/32 with a 3 game play-in even if Bettman seems to be against it

I... agree... with Gary Bettman?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It's only a matter of time before all teams in all NA sports are in the playoffs every year and they do ladders. Playoffs = $$$.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I... agree... with Gary Bettman?

Wild Card is good enough, don't need to cheapen it. The play in is the regular season. What benefit does giving these bottom half teams a platform to play in when it's not even being pitched as being in front of the teams' home crowds? I know I would be super upset if I had season tickets, my team was at #7-8, but then I don't get to see them play at all because they went to California in a neutral venue and lost to a #9 team and now I don't get to see any home playoff games. It would be stupid bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Personally I think that Gibson is better than his numbers from the past few years. That team is godawful and he gets shelled every night, he's routinely having to see 40-50 pucks a game. So yea, he's at a sub .900 SV% right now, but on the other hand he has more saves than any other goalie in the NHL. Look at this last 7 starts, for example. In two of those game he got destroyed. Like, sub .800 SV%. In the other five his worst sv% was .918, and the Ducks only won two of those games. On most teams, that kind of goaltending gets you a win. Of course you can't pin all of it on the team, but I don't really buy that it's all on him either.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s all on Gibson. I’m truly not sure because tonight is the first Ducks game I’ve watched in…years? It’s always hard to judge goalies based on them playing on godawful teams.